Ignika Kanohi Animation

Here's some food for thought that I found bothersome in the past 30s I thought about it.

Soo. Let's say the Ignika was feeling moody one day, and let's say a Kanohi Hau was in it's proximity, and was brought to life!

Now, we know the Ignika gave itself concience since it has the power of Life and could use it willingly, and has been seen to bring innanimate objects to life.

Keeping that in mind, if it brought the Hau (or any other Kanohi) to life would:

••that mask be alive and have it's own personality based on it's power?

••have a similar personality to the Ignika, so that it acted on instinct and as a means to protect itself?

••be able to access its own powers (ex. Hau could shield itself, Huna turn invisible, Vahi slow down/speed up/stop time)?

I'm curious what the community has to say about this. :)

Archon                      

"For one to truly feel alive, the person must kill oneself a little bit each and every day."

Check out my MOC, one of the new generation of Toa on Spherus Magna!

***Toa Kyraan***

I like the idea. Sounds like a cute little comic or story.

But Would these masks look like the Inika organic kanohi or be normal? you understand, that's very important. Before anything else, answer this.

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

I thought about that, and I think they would stay metallic, since the Ignika did after all when it became conscious. Also, sonce the Inika Kanohi were made by the Red Star and cpuldn't manifest their power on their own like the Ignika could, I doubt this would be the case unless the Ignika wanted it to be so.

So I guess, my answer would be... Depends on how the Ignika is feeling? :P

Archon                      

"For one to truly feel alive, the person must kill oneself a little bit each and every day."

***Toa Kyraan***

Consciousness is different to being alive, but yes, I imagine they would have personality, though may be rather unintelligent (the Ignika wasn't exactly a genius).

I guess it might have a similar personality to the Ignika because they are both masks. But then again two humans don't have the same personality and they're both human.

I'm thinking yes, they would have limited control over their own powers. This has been demonstrated by the Avohkii when it shone at who was destined to wear it (unless the Mask of Light film is non-canon?).

I love the idea, but it shouldn't over used if it were ever possibly implemented. Maybe one or two masks that the Ignika "blesses" but regrets it after because they go insane/depressed/eternal pain/etc.

Edited by Mailli

Some of the powers of the masks seem rather strange without wearers. A live Kakama, for example...

what a sight, nyoom.

Mystery: how a mask can move without legs.
Well, if you give it a slight push, I would imagine it cpuld activate the power and bolt in whatever direction it's pushed it.

Archon                      

***Toa Kyraan***

Some of the powers of the masks seem rather strange without wearers. A live Kakama, for example...

what a sight, nyoom.

Well, if you give it a slight push, I would imagine it cpuld activate the power and bolt in whatever direction it's pushed it.

Or worse, if you grabbed it, it could pull your hand and slam you into a wall. Or slam itself into your face. 

Edited by fishers64

what a sight, nyoom.

Or worse, if you grabbed it, it could pull your hand and slam you into a wall. Or slam itself into your face.

Or the Ignika could make a body

I could see them as sort of having personalities similar to their powers. Kakama would be hyper, Huna would be shy, Mahiki would be bi-polar (maybe?), ect

what a sight, nyoom.

Well, if you give it a slight push, I would imagine it cpuld

Reminds me activate the power and bolt in whatever direction it's pushed it.

Reminds me of Quan Chi from Mortal Kombat 9 and his X-Ray Attack.

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

Maybe if a Toa wants to use one of these live Kanohi they have to train it somehow since I'm guessing they would be wild? :P

Archon                      

***Toa Kyraan***

I'm imagining most of them to be like the Inika kanohi, but not inclined to help in any particular way. More seriously, possible 'live' Kanohi:

Hau: A shield surrounds it at all times, unless the mask wants to be worn.

Pakari: It's tougher than most masks.

Kakama: Capable of changing momentum and speed once started, so bounces crazily off every surface to make sure it never stops.

Miru: Hovers in mid-air

Akaku: The scopes move on their own.

Huna: Is nearly invisible.

Ruru: Glows slightly

Komau: Bombards nearby beings with nonsensical orders.

Mahiki: Looks like any other mask

Matatu: Constantly flings the Kakama around

Kadin: Flies in a circle

Suletu: Broadcasts any thought within its area of effect.

Iden: Knocks any toucher's spirit out of their body.

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

I'd argue that the Kanohi could turn their power on and off depending on the situation, not just when worn.

Also I's imagine the Iden would manifest it's own spirit and maybe be able to possess other robotic bodies or objects?

Also I feel like the Kakama would shatter itself eventually while doing that. :P

• Upvote 1

Archon                      

***Toa Kyraan***

Consciousness is different to being alive, but yes, I imagine they would have personality, though may be rather unintelligent (the Ignika wasn't exactly a genius).

I guess it might have a similar personality to the Ignika because they are both masks. But then again two humans don't have the same personality and they're both human.

I'm thinking yes, they would have limited control over their own powers. This has been demonstrated by the Avohkii when it shone at who was destined to wear it (unless the Mask of Light film is non-canon?).

I love the idea, but it shouldn't over used if it were ever possibly implemented. Maybe one or two masks that the Ignika "blesses" but regrets it after because they go insane/depressed/eternal pain/etc.

Consciousness is different to being alive, ...

But do we classify other entities in the Bionicle Universe as alive or simply conscious? They are semi Bionic after all and can anything that doesn't die be truly alive? What about the Toa Ignika itself? The mask itself is conscious but not alive, and then it created the Toa. So was the Toa not alive? And if that Toa was only conscious then what about the other Toa?

Surely it goes without saying that if the Ignika animates a Kanohi it will gain a physical form. That's what it did to create the Toa Ignika after all and frankly a conscious mask is just as useless as an unconscious mask. Unless it's power is flying then it's basically just a lump of clay... And we can only imagine what might happen if another toa were to try and don a conscious kanohi. I imagine it would be like some sort of demonic possession as the two entities vie for control of one body (a little like Makuta and Mata Nui but more literal!) 

I think if the Ignika animated a mask it would create a physical form and personality for it like it did for itself. However, as other masks are not conscious to begin with, it couldn't do this by etrapolating a personality from the target mask and would therefore have to either transfer it's own personality to the new mask or concoct a new one for it somehow. I think that could potentially lead to some pretty interesting issues myself, it would be like creating a sibling but that sibling would forever feel indebted and inferior to the Ignika/Toa Ignika that created it.

On that note, I'm not sure the Ignika could create other life while still in it's mask form. I think it makes more sense that only the Toa Ignika would be able to exercise this power. After all what would be the benefit of creating an army of animated kanohi if you were still just an inanimate lump yourself. First things first you give form to yourself just like it happens in canon. Following that he could potentially raise an army (though I imagine sustaining an artificially created entity would be a constant drain of the Ignika's power) but in the canon lore we simply never see the Toa Ignika in a situation where this is necessary, or perhaps even viable. 

Big ol' can o' worms right here methinks :P

Check out my Bionicle store on Bricklink here!

> > > Bionic Bricks < < <

Let me know if you can help me find these last few collectibles!

Masks%20footer4_zpspqs4myrt.png

Also looking for WILD KRAATA and a VMKK Yo!!!

Another thought: if the mas animated was a mask of a recently deceased being, do you think it would retain parts of the beings personality/memories, cuz of that whole mask imprint thing and what not?

Archon                      

***Toa Kyraan***