Official New Set Sightings Thread

emily

Do you think it's best to call or check in person to be certain?

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

At least I'll have actual money then...

And what do you know, I got twenty bucks last night. Will save for OMEGA TAHU!!

"We didn't lose the battle. Today, we just lost the fight." -Lloyd Garmadon
ninjago-green-ninja.jpg
Avid collector of LEGO for many, many years. Feel free to private message me, or email me at greenninjaatcp@gmail.com, and I'll be happy to help. A ninja never quits!

Visit the Mixels Wiki! http://www.mixels.wikia.com

People who have found 'em: Where in the toy sections of (whatever store) have you found them? Mixed in with Hero Factory, stacked under some far away end shelf, or what?

• Upvote 3

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

Here's a plan: buy out the HF stock, so they will replace them with Bionicle. Then return the HF and buy Bionicle.

Something about that is probably illegal.

No it's not.

Unethical? Maybe. But if the store's return policy allows any unopened goods to be returned with no questions asked, then there's nothing illegal about it.

Of course, there's no guarantee that the store will restock the shelves with Bionicle in the first place, especially since they're technically not supposed to do so yet. So I would question the practicality of this plan.

• Upvote 2

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

I've been visiting my local Target and Toys R Us' (and even a K Mart), and still no luck. I have a feeling that maybe Lego is being a little stricter with when the companies can release the sets? Seems like at this point they should be all over the place...

Every time I go to my local precinct, I'm bringing a rucksack, with my Tahu MOC inside. I will go to every toystore, and check for bionicle. If I find them. I will take pics of them with my Tahu MOC, and buy them. If I lack the money, I will try and have them reserved for my parents to buy later. If I can't reserve them, I will put them to the very back/under the shelves, and come back later.

Sound feasible?

Edited by Cheatster9000x

It's not like we haven't gotten sets this late before; the Stars come to mind. I think the came out a couple days before Christmas?

Edited by Chasm

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

I've been visiting my local Target and Toys R Us' (and even a K Mart), and still no luck. I have a feeling that maybe Lego is being a little stricter with when the companies can release the sets? Seems like at this point they should be all over the place...

They're never really NOT strict. As I've said before, which stores put them out early can be luck of the draw, depending on the individual store's manager and staff, how much of the past year's inventory they can get through, and various other factors. Some people have had luck at stores like Target, so Lego's enforcement alone isn't to blame for your local store's adherence to the street date.

• Upvote 1

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

They're never really NOT strict. As I've said before, which stores put them out early can be luck of the draw, depending on the individual store's manager and staff, how much of the past year's inventory they can get through, and various other factors. Some people have had luck at stores like Target, so Lego's enforcement alone isn't to blame for your local store's adherence to the street date.

Hm, I guess that sounds right. I can't imagine what exactly Lego could really do to keep so many individual stores all over the world from putting sets out early other than give the release dates, and check in making sure and reminding when the sets should be out. Here in NY a lot of the stores I've seen still have the HF sets and they might be waiting for them to sell out a little more before they push the Bionicle sets on shelves... so that could also be a factor in addition to the managers care of the release dates.

Here's a plan: buy out the HF stock, so they will replace them with Bionicle. Then return the HF and buy Bionicle.

Something about that is probably illegal.

No it's not.

Unethical? Maybe. But if the store's return policy allows any unopened goods to be returned with no questions asked, then there's nothing illegal about it.

Of course, there's no guarantee that the store will restock the shelves with Bionicle in the first place, especially since they're technically not supposed to do so yet. So I would question the practicality of this plan.

Tried it with TF once. They restocked the newest waves.

I found the Protectors of  Water & Earth at Target today!!  There were 2 of each and I bought 1 of  each.  They were between some boxes of Star Wars and Chima.  I've never seen an early released set before  the DC Braniac Attack a couple minutes before I saw the Bionicle sets.  I checked in Wal-Mart but its toy supply was as bad as ever.  I was suuuuuuuuuuuuuuper excited when I spotted them!!!  I was with my dad and I looked for him for a minute o show him the Braniac set, but I couldn't find him.  He went to the LEGO aisle a few seconds after I saw them and he thought it was funny how excited I was.  I wasn't a fan during Generation 1, but I still felt "Hau" great it was to see new Bionicle sets on the shelves after all this time.  I guess seeing the new sets in stores isn't too common as of now so this feels pretty special.  I definitely did not expect to see these, so I was planning on ordering Tahu,Gali, Pohatu, and maybe some of their Protectors.  I'll still order some on 1-1-15, but it felt amazing to buy and build some on 12-22-14!    EDIT: apparently the minor (to me) C-word is censored here, so I replaced the 6 number signs with "bad" when describing Wal-Mart

Edited by AnthonyP301
  • Upvote 2

Lol Lego Jang's got the protector of Earth.

Edited by Chasm

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

I found the Protectors of  Water & Earth at Target today!!  There were 2 of each and I bought 1 of  each.  They were between some boxes of Star Wars and Chima.  I've never seen an early released set before  the DC Braniac Attack a couple minutes before I saw the Bionicle sets.  I checked in Wal-Mart but its toy supply was as bad as ever.  I was suuuuuuuuuuuuuuper excited when I spotted them!!!  I was with my dad and I looked for him for a minute o show him the Braniac set, but I couldn't find him.  He went to the LEGO aisle a few seconds after I saw them and he thought it was funny how excited I was.  I wasn't a fan during Generation 1, but I still felt "Hau" great it was to see new Bionicle sets on the shelves after all this time.  I guess seeing the new sets in stores isn't too common as of now so this feels pretty special.  I definitely did not expect to see these, so I was planning on ordering Tahu,Gali, Pohatu, and maybe some of their Protectors.  I'll still order some on 1-1-15, but it felt amazing to buy and build some on 12-22-14!    EDIT: apparently the minor (to me) C-word is censored here, so I replaced the 6 number signs with "bad" when describing Wal-Mart

What location?

I've checked at a bunch of Targets, TRUs and Wal-Marts in Kissimmee and nothing. Most employees didn't even know Bionicle was returning (and some didn't even know what it is), and the employees at the Lego Imagination Center at Downtown Disney didn't even know the street date for Bionicle. At the retailers there were a lot of 2015 sets (Junior Easy to Build, Disney Princess, Minecraft, etc.) but no Bionicle (or even an empty shelf with the name Bionicle). All the stores I asked at said they already put out everything they had (nothing left in the back).

I've checked at a bunch of Targets, TRUs and Wal-Marts in Kissimmee and nothing. Most employees didn't even know Bionicle was returning (and some didn't even know what it is), and the employees at the Lego Imagination Center at Downtown Disney didn't even know the street date for Bionicle. At the retailers there were a lot of 2015 sets (Junior Easy to Build, Disney Princess, Minecraft, etc.) but no Bionicle (or even an empty shelf with the name Bionicle). All the stores I asked at said they already put out everything they had (nothing left in the back).

They wouldn't put up the tags before the products. Most likely they'd set it all up overnight.

My local Target MN does not appear to have them yet. I didn't see them on the Lego racks and an employee said that Bionicles were not in yet. 

I can confirm that according to this http://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker, the Protectors are in stock at my local Target in Milford, MA.

"We didn't lose the battle. Today, we just lost the fight." -Lloyd Garmadon
ninjago-green-ninja.jpg
Avid collector of LEGO for many, many years. Feel free to private message me, or email me at greenninjaatcp@gmail.com, and I'll be happy to help. A ninja never quits!

Visit the Mixels Wiki! http://www.mixels.wikia.com

Are the DCPI codes store specific?

What are the DCPI codes for the Bionicle sets?

Someone just shared two DCPI codes: http://www.reddit.com/r/bioniclelego/comments/2q7j1v/target_restocks_on_tuesdays_go_go_go/cn3xyvj

I reckon Tahu will be the best one to search for, since most stores will probably stock him first (after the Protectors, since they seem to be showing up more frequently).

IetTsFQ.png

Anyone got the Toys R Us codes? Tahu, Protector of Ice, and Lewa apparently aren't in stock at my Target's.

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

I acquired the Protectors of Ice and Earth at my local Target this morning; the aisle had a fairly substantial variety to compliment its quantity, including Masters Tahu and Kopaka, and the additional Protectors of Fire and Water. There seemed to be rows of nearly a dozen for each set. I had already purchased Master Tahu prior to this occasion via Walmart.com. In concurrence with the other inquisitors, I most certainly agree that Target is the prime candidate for finding the new sets.

• Upvote 1