Patient Counseling - OOC Topic

IcarusBen

Nice try, Locus. Only Iccyben and I can approve characters.

Still, the concept that they would let anyone in with a large amount of anything is a little sketchy. I'll wait to see what Ben has to say.

EDIT: Nice with the Technicolor, Tiragath.

Edited by Ghidora131

Nice try, Locus. Only Iccyben and I can approve characters.

Twas a joke. 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

It wasn't stated that they were in a bag or anything, so I suppose that they could be (rather uncomfortably) stuffed in one's armor...

Just don't bring them near Sal if you want to keep them; she's a pyro. :P

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

Voltex is here?

Welcome to the Asylum where people are possibly gonna be leaving soon

That'll probably depend on how many RPGs make it past the approval process now that the week of absolutely no posts has passed.

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

• Your item must make sense in a prison/asylum enviroment.
  • Your item cannot be a firearm.
  • You must be able to sneak your item inside the facility.
  • Your item cannot be an explosive.
  • Your item cannot be invisible.
  • Your item must be lightweight.
  • Your item cannot help you escape from a cell.
  • Your item cannot immobilize an opponent.
  • Your item must be approved by the staff before in-game usage can occur.

16 pounds of wood chips do not make sense in a prison/asylum environment, nor is it lightweight. 

Also, I believe the ruling we made was that your character can have a gender identity different to his biological gender, but it has to be listed in Personality, rather than Gender. That way, we know what the actual gender of your character is and his/her/it's gender identity.

Frankly, it's still better than Tyler's character.

Ditch the wood chips (considering that Eman (as in, backwards namE?) is a Toa of Inverted Fire (please just make him a Toa of the Green. Inverted Fire would be Water powers) and can control plantlife, eh... I doubt they'd let him bring it.) and quite possibly the monocle (kinda ridiculous) and get him something a little, I dunno, crazier.

For example, why not a fake plant, to spruce up his cell. I'm sure the guards wouldn't have a problem with that until they realize you can conk someone over the head with a potted plastic plant.

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

Now a proud member of The Kanohi Force

76561198041367047.png

Your item cannot immobilize an opponent.

Wait... why were we all allowed shivs, then? 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

16 pounds of wood chips do not make sense in a prison/asylum environment, nor is it lightweight. 

Also, I believe the ruling we made was that your character can have a gender identity different to his biological gender, but it has to be listed in Personality, rather than Gender. That way, we know what the actual gender of your character is and his/her/it's gender identity.

Ditch the wood chips (considering that Eman (as in, backwards namE?) is a Toa of Inverted Fire (please just make him a Toa of the Green. Inverted Fire would be Water powers) and can control plantlife, eh... I doubt they'd let him bring it.) and quite possibly the monocle (kinda ridiculous) and get him something a little, I dunno, crazier.

For example, why not a fake plant, to spruce up his cell. I'm sure the guards wouldn't have a problem with that until they realize you can conk someone over the head with a potted plastic plant.

16 pounds isn't that much. I can just put the wood chips in a backpack. Also, I don't see why "genderless" can't go into the profile field specifically labelled as "gender". Also, a better term would be "their", not "its". 

I am willing to switch the monocle so that Eman wears it over one of their eyes, but I will not remove it completely as it fits into their character. Likewise with the woodchips, due to the following (according to the bullet points you listed above):

-Anything can make sense in a prison/asylum environment (especially an asylum environment), because these characters are supposedly crazy.

-The wood chips are not a firearm. 

-If I put the wood chips in a backpack, then they shall be concealed.

-Wood chips are not explosive.

-Wood chips are not invisible.

-Wood chips are very lightweight. 17 pounds is something that a Toa could easily carry in a backpack.

-Wood chips are not going to help anybody escape from a cell. They're wood chips; all they'd be good for is as fuel for a very short-lived fire.

-Wood chips are cannot immobilize an opponent, unless the player of said opponent foolishly made them allergic to wood. 

-Due to their utter uselessness, I do not think approval should be an issue. 

As such, here is an updated profile:

---

Name: Eman

Element: Inverted Fire; Identical to the powers of the Green, except that everything smells like mint. The only exception is actual mint, which smells like coal.

Patient or Staff: Patient

General or Solitary: General

Kanohi: Kanohi Sdrawkcab, Mask of Backwards; This mask is always active, forcing Eman to speak only with words spelled backwards.

Gender: Eman has no gender identity, and in fact rejects the concept of being constrained to a specific gender entirely.

Personality: Eman is cheerful, and does not appear to have a care in the world. This is probably because they are forced to speak what sounds to everyone else like gibberish, and communication has thus become close to impossible.

Appearance: Eman is of average height and size for a Toa. Their armor is pure white with purple highlights, except for a smear of yellow mustard that appears to be permanently stuck to their chest. Were it to be removed, Eman’s armor underneath would be permanently stained a brilliant shade of mustard yellow. Eman also wears a monocle over their left eye.

Inventory: A single monocle (obviously), a backpack, and sixteen pounds of wood chips

Uh... no, no, I certain not even 16 pounds would cut it. For apparel, no, it's not really an issue. For stuff like a giant bag of wood chips, lugging that around is probably going to raise a few eyebrows.

You're not supposed to bring stuff in, but a lot of the time, the guards either let it slide (like with apparel) or can't see it (like with concealed weapons.) They'd lose their jobs if they let a Toa lug around a backpack full of wood chips.

And when I say "lightweight," I mean closer to, like, a pound. Maybe 2, but certainly not a pound or 2 of woodchips. That's a lot of woodchips.

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

76561198041367047.png

Uh... no, no, I certain not even 16 pounds would cut it. For apparel, no, it's not really an issue. For stuff like a giant bag of wood chips, lugging that around is probably going to raise a few eyebrows.

You're not supposed to bring stuff in, but a lot of the time, the guards either let it slide (like with apparel) or can't see it (like with concealed weapons.) They'd lose their jobs if they let a Toa lug around a backpack full of wood chips.

And when I say "lightweight," I mean closer to, like, a pound. Maybe 2, but certainly not a pound or 2 of woodchips. That's a lot of woodchips.

What's the point of carrying around only 2 pounds of wood chips? 

What's the point of carrying around only 2 pounds of wood chips? 

What's the point of carrying around 16 pounds of wood chips?

>were allowed rifles

>wood chips are bad now

wat

Nyhe gave you those rifles because of giant monster trying to eat people. Point invalidated.

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

76561198041367047.png

This character is easily the most off the wall character we have.

Which brings us to a grand total of maybe two or three actually crazy characters.

Why have 16 pounds of wood chips you ask?

Because they're insane. That's why.

Who knows, maybe they've gathered it up over time, point is, it only adds to the character. Saying no because it's too weird in a setting like this is.... Well it certainly doesn't make sense.

• Upvote 4

I'm fine with letting a crazy character in, but again, guards would lose their jobs if they let something like 16 pounds of wood chips go by. Wood chips can be used to start fires, and that's not good when you have an asylum with both a pyromaniac and a pyrophobe. Not to mention, backpacks in an asylum? Eh... no. That's how you sneak drugs and bombs around. Plus, remember, the Asylum has a heightened security level. Now that people can use their powers, they'll be doing cell checks, pat downs, etc. etc.

Oh, . Sal's gonna get a pat down... Uh...

That poor guard.

• Upvote 1

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

76561198041367047.png

I don't think Eman would really care whether or not they're being stopped every five minutes because guards are checking their backpack. Eman knows that there are only wood chips inside, and they would be perfectly fine with showing that to the guards.

EDIT: Alright, so I did some research and googling and such, and I realized that you are correct. Seventeen pounds of wood chips is indeed ridiculous; seven pounds would be about the limit that you could fit into a single backpack.

Edited by Lucina

GM IC Nyhe:
"Wait, what happened to Kotak and Lana?"

OOC:
I thought Halmos was dealing with Kotak and Lana was still conscious. What happpened?

Lana has only been unconscious since the monster was defeated, due to fatigue. So quite a while now =)
Edited by Lara Croft

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

Plus, remember, the Asylum has a heightened security level. 

No it doesn't. Half the guards are dead, the Vahki are malfunctioning, and you just fired your Head of Security. 

• Upvote 5

Edited profile to include a more realistic weight for the wood chips.

---

Element: Inverted Fire; Identical to the powers of the Green, except that everything smells like mint. The only exception is actual mint, which smells like coal.

Kanohi: Kanohi Sdrawkcab, Mask of Backwards; This mask is always active, forcing Eman to speak only with words spelled backwards.

Gender: Eman has no gender identity, and in fact rejects the concept of being constrained to a specific gender entirely.

Personality: Eman is cheerful, and does not appear to have a care in the world. This is probably because they are forced to speak what sounds to everyone else like gibberish, and communication has thus become close to impossible.

Appearance: Eman is of average height and size for a Toa. Their armor is pure white with purple highlights, except for a smear of yellow mustard that appears to be permanently stuck to their chest. Were it to be removed, Eman’s armor underneath would be permanently stained a brilliant shade of mustard yellow. Eman also wears a monocle over their left eye.

Inventory: A single monocle (obviously), a backpack, and seven pounds of wood chips

• Upvote 2

Get Sal ticked off, would you? :P

Approved X1. You will have to wait for Ben's approval before playing as the character.

Getting Sal ticked off? Should be easy. Just need to go Philosophical Ko-Toa on em' for five minutes.
  • Upvote 1

"In this new- Wait, why am I being quoted?!"

-Kovika, Toa of Ice, Bread Enthusiast, and Ko-Metru Scholar.

[flash=250,100]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/sprxtrerme/BANNERS/thornax.swf

Actually, Inverted Fire in the Bionicle universe would more likely be Ice, but creators should be able to name their characters' abilities whatever they want anyway as long as the power itself is still understandable to other players, so the arguement is moot.

Ben, would you like the patdown guard to be everyone's favorite Akada? :P

Well, I imagine every guard will be doing patdowns, but you can have Akada do Sal.

Oh, that's gonna be good.

Approved X1. You will have to wait for Ben's approval before playing as the character.

If Akada so much as touches Sal again, she will pump so much juice into him that the Asylum staff will be able to use his body as a Naming Day tree.

Getting Sal ticked off? Should be easy. Just need to go Philosophical Ko-Toa on em' for five minutes.

That would make her fall asleep, actually.

Edited by Timageness

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

probably not best to antagonize the one judge that still had a two one in five shot of approving your elder scrolls rpg behind his back

-Tyler

• Upvote 5

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

Plus, remember, the Asylum has a heightened security level. 

No it doesn't. Half the guards are dead, the Vahki are malfunctioning, and you just fired your Head of Security. 

Okay, I should rephrase that; essentially, the Asylum's at DEFCON 1. State of emergency. That means that the guards are going to try and maintain a higher level of security.

Edited profile to include a more realistic weight for the wood chips.

---

Inventory: A single monocle (obviously), a backpack, and seven pounds of wood chips

Ugh, I'm gonna regret this, I just know it. Approved x2, but those chips are liable to be taken away at any time (though I'll try not to be the one to do it.) I still would like to know what biological gender Eman has, because that's the sort of thing medical instituitions take note of.

probably not best to antagonize the one judge that still had a two one in five shot of approving your elder scrolls rpg behind his back

-Tyler

You do realize you were meant to see that, right? I feel no shame in openly antagonizing Ghost Buster. He was the low point of the RPG before the Week of No Posts. Frankly, I want you to judge my RPG on the merits of said RPG, not my antagonizing of a poorly written character.

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

76561198041367047.png

>biological gender in a world where there's not enough biology to actually determine gender.

[continued laughter]

While bio-mechanical organisms may not reproduce biologically, I see no reason why they can't have x and y chromosomes. There's no doubt in my mind that the biological part of Matoranoids are animal in nature, and thus most likely have gender determination.

Well, unless the theory that Matoranoid species are plant-based is true, but that seems far-fetched.

Edited by IcarusBen

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

76561198041367047.png

I see no reason why they can't have x and y chromosomes. 

Because they don't reproduce. Why would they have something they don't need? 

Males don't need mammary glands. People don't need spleens. People don't need appendices.

I fail to see your point.

i encourage you to remove your spleen and see how well you fare afterwards

-Tyler

• Upvote 4

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

And Bionicle have none of these, since they were constructed, rather than evolved.

Your point is also moot.

I thought the general rule-of-thumb when RPing is that Matoranoids have all the organs people do, but with robot parts also.

And, yeah, Tyler. I dun did a dum. Spleens are important. Appendices though...

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

76561198041367047.png