Toy Fair 2015: The LEGO Movie & Scooby Doo

I am now tempted for the mummy set purely for that Johnny Thunder sticker. I suppose that will be easily enough to acquire thru Bricklink later, but totally missed that gem. Otherwise, while the Scooby Doo sets look decent, I'm not a big enough fan to really want to spend that much on them all.

:music:

Between Bionicle and this, Lego is really playing off our collective nostalgia this year. 

And it is GLORIOUS.

Were you able to tell if the minifigures had alternate expressions

Judging from the box art, it seems that at least Fred, Shaggy, and Daphne have double-sided heads with the essential happy/scared alt. faces--and while it's rather hard to make out, I'd assume Velma does, as well. 

bionicle_2017_banner_3c.png

Between Bionicle and this, Lego is really playing off our collective nostalgia this year. 

And it is GLORIOUS.

Were you able to tell if the minifigures had alternate expressions

Judging from the box art, it seems that at least Fred, Shaggy, and Daphne have double-sided heads with the essential happy/scared alt. faces--and while it's rather hard to make out, I'd assume Velma does, as well.

I don't know which I'd want more for Velma's alternate expression—a scared face like the others or a squinting glasses-less face for when she inevitably loses them.

The Scooby-Doo sets are just great in general. I didn't know exactly what to expect with this theme, but I'm happy with what we've gotten. I'm curious whether we'll see any more waves of this theme in the future—there's certainly enough material to draw from for a good long time!

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Wait... another version of Unikitty? How many different versions of her are there? Five? Six? Eleven?

Those Scooby-Doo sets look great! I see a lot of inspiration from the Where Are You?.

Too bad the new series looks like some sort of tragic accident than an actual attempt to make a TV show.

Be_Cool%2C_Scooby-Doo%21_character_redes

Aiiieeee!

Wait... another version of Unikitty? How many different versions of her are there? Five? Six? Eleven?

If you count each expression separately, there are ten. Regular Unikitty, Bizniz Kitty, Angry Kitty, Queasy Kitty, Astro-Kitty, Cutesykitty and Cheerykitty (the two expressions from the SDCC exclusive), Super Angry Kitty, and the sad and confused Unikitties from the Double Decker Couch.

• Upvote 2

If you count each expression separately, there are ten. Regular Unikitty, Bizniz Kitty, Angry Kitty, Queasy Kitty, Astro-Kitty, Cutesykitty and Cheerykitty (the two expressions from the SDCC exclusive), Super Angry Kitty, and the sad and confused Unikitties from the Double Decker Couch.

It appears that cat is a virtual puddle of emotions. 

The lack of fred in the mansion set reduces its critical "gang split up" playability, for shame.

Obviously they already split up.

No Fred and Daphne always go together...

At some point you realize that you are but a speck in the Universe.

That you time in this worlds is but a blink.

You see the whole of reality as it unfolds before you.

You try to see how far you can reach, and it’s not that far past your face.

But then you come back from the brink.

You hold them in your arms again.

And you know that you are where their world begins.

You are their rock.

Too bad the new series looks like some sort of tragic accident than an actual attempt to make a TV show.

Aiiieeee!

What. On. Earth.  :blink:

That can't be real.....can it? (No, seriously, is this from an upcoming TV show?)

Anyways, the Scooby Doo sets look great! I've said it before, but I really like the Mystery Machine. Its probably my favorite out of all of the sets in the theme. 

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

Aiiieeee!

That can't be real.....can it? (No, seriously, is this from an upcoming TV show?)

Anyways, the Scooby Doo sets look great! I've said it before, but I really like the Mystery Machine. Its probably my favorite out of all of the sets in the theme. 

Yep. And it's most likely going to be on Cartoon Network, which isn't surprising. 

I also think these sets are really well done! They're going on my list of system sets that I'm going to start my collection off with, seeing as how Marvel's Age of Ultron sets are such a disappointment. 

Edited by The Bone-Snatcher

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

*snip*

Aiiieeee!

Yep. And it's most likely going to be on Cartoon Network, which isn't surprising. 

I think part of my childhood just died inside me. But who knows, maybe the show will be good.  :shrugs:

But to keep this post on topic, I will concur with the article that it is good that a Batman minifig is in a $10 set. That seems like a really good way to collect him if anyone is looking to get his minifig.

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

The Scooby-Doo sets look great. I'm definitely looking forward to getting the Mystery Machine. Though I'm not the biggest fan of Scooby-Doo in its more popular iterations, SDMI was fantastic and these sets totally work for that! I doubt I'll be able to get the mansion due to the price, though, so the girls will probably have to be Bricklink'd. But it's really a shame, because it does look like a great set.

AXKP5KC.png

Those Scooby-Doo sets look great! I see a lot of inspiration from the Where Are You?.

Aiiieeee!

What the heck is that?

kudley_sig_2.png

Big time Kudley fan, forever T.U.F.F. Puppy fan!

I'm mostly known as FoxsDumbSeriesMaker on other websites, but here, I'm usually known as General Scales!