Worst Movie(S) You've Seen

Mr. House

The Hangover.I watched at least most of it before flat-out quitting. You hear one Vegas joke, you heard'em all.Halloween 87 finished the up the series very well. Why add in a pointless sequel, aside from the "Make more money on the oh-so-original masked stabber horror movies!"

Soon to come: Star Wars 7.

All the Twilight films (my sister is a fan, so I must suffer through them), Super Mario Bros. (The live-action one), Shrek 3, and I didn't like the Doctor Who movie from the '90s (good actor, great Doctor, poor storyline, IMO).

*Insert some sort of banner or photograph here*

:kaukau:I was thinking the same thing. There are some positions, however, that are so absurd that I don't bother either trying to understand them or criticizing them, and I shrug them off as just that: absurd.Some of the children movies (of which I include Sky Captain) I can easily forgive, given the audience. I don't even mind the barbie films, since I have three sisters and they're kind enough to watch my obvious "boy films" with me. There are only a few that I truly can't stand. My sister thinks that the Barbie version of the Nutcracker story was pretty stinking bad. It's been so long that I can't remember, but if she was a little girl and thought it was horribly inconsistent (a cage landing on the characters, then lifting them away, in spite of it not having a floor for the first half), then it has obviously failed its target audience.I actually didn't mind The Last Airbender. It didn't capture everything in the series, but that was to be expected. I like that it was fresh and new. The only problem I had was the narrating and the actor for Aang.Your Honor,Emperor Kraggh

Star Wars: V and VI, even though I LOVE Star Wars

How'd these get on here, while the prequel trilogy and the Clone Wars didn't? I don't understand.Also, Valhalla Rising. Terrible acting, no plot, no action. It was actually painful to watch.Let me tell you how bad the plot is; On the way to the Holy Land(Israel area), a bunch of guys (I don't think any even get names, or lines) decide to go there. So instead of hugging the coast like they actually did in real life, they just went off into the middle of the ocean practically.From Scandinavia.So, in the most un-ocean worthy boat ever of all time, they cross the Atlantic and end up in Nova Scotia or that area. So naturally, they assume the Holy Land is full of trees, like it isn't, and decide to build stuff there. (also note they crossed the ocean in what appears to have been a week, with no sails or oars and surrounded by fog)Naturally, they all go completely crazy for basiacaly no reason, in one of the most actually painful montages ever. The music they used in that scene made the dogs go nuts and was really hard on the ears.Then they get killed, and the first nations people living there let the kid survive for no reason. Or something.And the twilight movies, they suck. Period. Bad acting (Kristen Stewarts only expression in the entire series is the exact same one), bad plot, shiny vampires and everybody was emo. There was no redeeming qualites about that series, unless you just cared for Taylor Lautner and that other guy being shirtless every 6 minutes.And we're not hating it because it's cool to do so; we're hating it because they just sucked. I mean, the action sequnces aren't any good. I mean, at least with movies like Transformers you got action (even if you had no idea what was going on, it was still fun).And the Golden Compass. Don't even get me started on that. And Eragon. And the Spiderwick Chronicles. All failed so bad.MTL

Thought of another one that angers me as a human being:2012.First order of business: Continental Whiplash is silly. A continent cannot be slowly be drifting for millions of years and then suddenly go 'wa-BAMMMMM' into another one. Not even at the end of the world. It's just... it's just... I don't even know.Second: Since when do we base any form of scientific hypothesis on a calendar? All that's going to happen is it's going to tick over and start again. Besides, how would the Mayans know about the end of the world before us, with our advanced technology gizmos and such?All this movie did was make people afraid of the year 2012.Need I go on?

Edited by ZippyWharrgarbl

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.

Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

Hmm.....

Star Wars: Clone Wars theatrical movie (and the series thereafter).I'm kinda mixed with loving and hating Star Wars: Episode III. I'll just shrug that one aside.Paranormal Activity. I honestly didn't find it scary, more-so boring actually. The Rifftrax of it was worthwhile though. :superfunny:BIONICLE: The Legend Reborn. I may be a Bio-Zealot, but I know a bad movie when I see it. The plot was awesome, but it was executed poorly and the movie itself was just bad.Batman and Robin. I don't think I need to explain myself.... Arnold Schwarzenegger and his corny lines got me through though. :lol:If I remember anymore, I might come back.

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

I haven't seen too many bad movies, but Batman & Robin made me feel physically ill after I saw it.

Hmm.....

Star Wars: Clone Wars theatrical movie (and the series thereafter).

Question: How much of the series have you actually seen? Becuase it Grew the Beard in Season 2 and has been running strong ever since. Edited by Stryker055

First order of business: Continental Whiplash is silly. A continent cannot be slowly be drifting for millions of years and then suddenly go 'wa-BAMMMMM' into another one. Not even at the end of the world. It's just... it's just... I don't even know.

that's...not really what happened. did you watch the movie?
This topic so far

If a tree falls in a forest and we're too far away to hear it, did a tree fall?

Vs.

If a tree falls in a forest and we're too far away to hear it trees don't exist and never will.

Whenever this question is asked, I will always first think of The Return of the King and The Hobbit cartoon versions. All though they certainly aren't the worst movies ever, those two will always stand out to me because they were based on my favorite books ever. The Return of the King was probably worse than the Hobbit, because it was so darn boring, and there was this really weird part were Sam imagines becoming evil and destroying everything. And the minstrel of Gondor was a terrible idea. The Hobbit however, was just so darn slow. The characters can hardly move, due to their animation choice, so it mostly is a big slideshow. Plus, the hobbits have eyes as big as MLP eyes.Strangely, I have still seen The Hobbit three times.Also, I did like that one song in TRotK, Where there's a whip there's a way.Other than those, I usually don't like movies that were based on a book series that I read (or at least read). Eragon and Alex Rider are two. Because of these, I definitely won't watch that Percy Jackson movie.I also have to laugh when someone who hasn't read Eragon says they liked the movie.The worst movie I've ever watched, in memory, was Spy Kids 3. Of course I wasn't at all in the target audience, but I hated it.I think that's all.

banner.png

I haven't seen too many bad movies, but Batman & Robin made me feel physically ill after I saw it.

Hmm.....

Question: How much of the series have you actually seen? Becuase it Grew the Beard in Season 2 and has been running strong ever since.
The Clone Wars has already been done: a previous animated series that fit neatly between the two movies, and many novels and graphic novels that cover it as well. After Season 2 I stopped watching it because of many flaws in small details, such as: Grievous coughing all the time (he only started doing that right before Episode 3); Grievous being shown and known early in the clone wars, his existence was kept secret until the second half of the war; the B1 battle droids somehow being sentient and having silly discussions; Anikan always wearing his Jedi Knight suit even before he is knighted, having a scar from a fight with asaj, having his second robotic arm without the first one broken, and him a having a random padawan....Wow, can't believe I remembered all of that. :shocked:Also, I watched Twilight; it was alright, wasn't a bad movie, but it didn't interest me enough to see the other movies.

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

Hmm.....

Question: How much of the series have you actually seen? Becuase it Grew the Beard in Season 2 and has been running strong ever since.
The Clone Wars has already been done: a previous animated series that fit neatly between the two movies, and many novels and graphic novels that cover it as well. After Season 2 I stopped watching it because of many flaws in small details, such as: Grievous coughing all the time (he only started doing that right before Episode 3); Grievous being shown and known early in the clone wars, his existence was kept secret until the second half of the war; the B1 battle droids somehow being sentient and having silly discussions; Anikan always wearing his Jedi Knight suit even before he is knighted, having a scar from a fight with asaj, having his second robotic arm without the first one broken, and him a having a random padawan....Wow, can't believe I remembered all of that. :shocked:
Well, no wonder you don't like it: you don't understand it!The Clone Wars takes place immediately after the first "season" of Clone Wars. Anakin has already been knighted, already recieved his scar from fighting Ventress, and Grievous was revealed at the Battle of Hypori, another event that took place halfway through the original. B1 Battle Droids were shown in Episode III (and a small degree in Episode II) to be sentient, as the Trade Federation stopped using control ships after the Battle of Naboo.Simple stuff like Grievous's coughing and Anakin's hand are simply minor retcons, or just artistic license (which explains aesthetic differences). Ahsoka is a bit more difficult to accept for most people, but her existence has been pretty well explained, and her fate is one of the most interesting aspects of the show.In addition, you have to keep in mind that this show is backed by Lucas: these are the stories that he wants to tell, and how he imagines the Clone Wars. While I don't like it too much, what he wants takes precedence over any other media (novels, comics, etc.), so the only "official, undisputed canon" stuff are the two cartoon series. Everything else could be considered "temporary canon", and is official until Lucas says so. Whew, I didn't intend to write that much, but I think that works...And to be on-topic, Home Alone 4 is horrendous. My sister made me watch it the other day and I wanted to smash the TV. Edited by Stryker055

And to be on-topic, Home Alone 4 is horrendous. My sister made me watch it the other day and I wanted to smash the TV.

They made a number four? O_o I thought it ended at 2.Also: I can't say that Cars is the worst movie I've ever seen, but I certainly dislike it. I've just been burnt out on it so much and the whole idea of talking cars never grasped my interest, really.-Skar

I also have to laugh when someone who hasn't read Eragon says they liked the movie.

I didn't read the book and I still thought that movie was retarded.
This topic so far

Vs.

If a tree falls in a forest and we're too far away to hear it trees don't exist and never will.

:kaukau:Apparently I am a freak of nature for liking that Thomas film. Of course, I was in day care when I saw it and at the time there was a relative I idolized with that name. Okay, I still thought it was rather cheesy and as a little boy there was ample room for making fun of it, but in hindsight I think that there was something to be said for that film.I have to mention my high-school's performance of Beauty and the Beast, even though it's not a film but a play. It wouldn't have been so bad if it was tongue-in-cheek, but they were dead serious. Apparently the director only cared that they could remember the lines. The boy who played Gaston seemed like a wimpy "nice guy" and he was a freshman with no record. His death looked like he tripped on his shoe laces. The girl who played Belle was the obvious choice, overrated as she is, but her performance lacked expression as always. But the worst yet was the young man who played the Beast. It was obvious at a glance that he was short and fat. He had a high voice that sounded like he was going through puberty, even though he wasn't. he was acclaimed by everyone else as being a wonderful singer (and apparently he made it to state), but regardless, he was the worst singer out of everyone on the stage. He was high-pitched and off-key to the point where I couldn't understand the simple melody of his songs. Yet he was treated as royalty among the cast. Apparently he was one of those people who was a "darling" from day one that the high school casting directors first met him. I absolutely hate the mystic system that my school has, as proud as I am of my school overall. People seriously either make it as a freshman or they don't. My story is the latter, and the explanation that they give me is "that I've never had a lead role before and I can't get one until I get one". It's paradoxical and hypocritical logic. And it makes for terrible and lazy casting decisions.I'm also ticked off because I was asked by the director to paint some pillars to look like stone. I spent about twelve hours compromising my homework to get it done. It was never seen in the play. Later I brought it up, concealing my anger. Apparently it was on the set, so I ought to have been pleased with the tremendous contribution. The only problem was that it was placed on the set behind the curtains. I checked and there was no way for anyone in the audience to see them, no matter where they were placed. So the director wasted my time.Sometimes a production is bad because it lacks taste, but the absolute worst is when it personally offends me.This year's play, Greater Tuna, was just as bad. I thought that with all these years of going out for stuff and for participating in a dozen other events, something might have changed, but nothing has. I manage to get in, but I was handed the smallest parts with the least lines. I can't believe it, because there's not a large selection of people who go out for plays, and the competition to start with isn't that impressive. So it's a shame that for the tenth time I've tried out for a play I've been given a minor role. Well, I put on a fake smile and I made what I could with it. But I still hate it when I'm only given four or so sentences, and I hate it in many cases the lines are interrupted. And I hate it that consistently the other actors interrupt me far before the script says that I'm supposed to be interrupted, essentially overpowering me and forcing my character out of the narrative.Oh, and that same person who was a freshman last year essentially got the leading role through Thurston Wheelis. Not only that, but he got another role as well. What leaves me incredulous is that he portrays an off-the-wall radio personality (as in Adrean Cronauer crazy) as a guy who just has his lines memorized. And in fact he never memorized his lines. I don't know why the people who call the shots give him so much credit. In fact, the director (who was not from the area and no the casting director) chewed out everyone but me for not memorizing their lines before the deadline and for having absolutely no energy in a play that was all about energy.Asides from the blandness that everyone exhibited, I hated the play itself. There are two types of random: Monty Python and the Holy Grail and the type that walks around the streets with a sign saying "will work for food". It looks to me like the authors had no life and only found lint in the metaphorical pockets of their brains. The result was a bland show of unlikable characters that never rose above their stereotypes wandering aimlessly through a world with no beginning and no end.Your Honor,Emperor Kraggh

I'm not going to say much here, because I don't usually see movies I don't think I'm going to like, but I'd like to take the time to say that The Last Airbender was the worst movie I have ever seen. I didn't quite realize this when I first saw it, given I was in a fair bit of denial and hoping it would be good. I hadn't heard of M. Night Shyamalan before, so I didn't quite know what all the kerfuffle was over this guy. But then I took the time to rewatch it when it got put up on Netflix. My god. Those two viewings are three hours of my life that I am never going to get back. Terrible casting, acting, writing, plot condensation, and attempts at drama. Almost all of the slow motion in the fight scenes seemed to be randomly inserted just so the scene could be stretched out without filming more. The actors sounded like they were in some slapped-together seventh-grade play. Shyamalan outright removed 'Koizilla' from the climax (which was the one part of the movie I wanted to see most), and the bending was changed to fifteen seconds of random buildup moves, followed by the actual effect, which would have taken one arm-thrust to do in the show. They even changed the actual Chinese script from the show into a bunch of lame "Asian-inspired" scribbles. I'm just glad the original team is making another animated series, so this horrendous piece of crud won't be the series' last word in the public mind.But the effects were decent.

Edited by Cobui

fjRqLk4.jpg

I don't want to live on this planet anymore. Empire Strikes Back is the greatest movie that will EVER be made....I don't think I want to go on this forum anymore. Edited by -Knight Rider2000-

WHATYou just listed one of the greatest sequels of all time as one of the worst movies you've ever seen. Please explain yourself.
I just didn't like either of them. for the most part, in V, when Han Solo cutsn open the Tauntaun's stomach, and puts Luke in it, that was just gross.In VI, I just didn't like the whole Jabba's Palace scenes. I did like when the Pit Sarlac ate Boba, and belched, that seems to amuse me.

Add me on Steam!: Bionicdeadpool Productions TTV: Bionicdeadpool Twitter: Avenging_Odin

FatherlyDismalIberianmidwifetoad.gif

There was this one movie, but it was so bad I erased it from my memory.Also I laff every time someone lists The Last Airbender as the worst movie ever, because my grandma has to talk about how it's one of her favorite movies of all time every chance she gets.[Dr. Q]

:kaukau:Apparently I am a freak of nature for liking that Thomas film. Of course, I was in day care when I saw it and at the time there was a relative I idolized with that name. Okay, I still thought it was rather cheesy and as a little boy there was ample room for making fun of it, but in hindsight I think that there was something to be said for that film.

Oh man, Thomas and the Magic Railroad is like the prized jewel of my nostalgia treasure chest (moreso the books and show itself, but still). I watched that film over an over when I was little, and I'll still get a bit defensive every time someone attacks it... even though it is a pretty nonsensical and bad movie. But Diesel 10 still scares the heck out of me.

There was this one movie, but it was so bad I erased it from my memory.Also I laff every time someone lists The Last Airbender as the worst movie ever, because my grandma has to talk about how it's one of her favorite movies of all time every chance she gets.[Dr. Q]

I hope you've shown her the original...

:kaukau:Apparently I am a freak of nature for liking that Thomas film. Of course, I was in day care when I saw it and at the time there was a relative I idolized with that name. Okay, I still thought it was rather cheesy and as a little boy there was ample room for making fun of it, but in hindsight I think that there was something to be said for that film.

Oh man, Thomas and the Magic Railroad is like the prized jewel of my nostalgia treasure chest (moreso the books and show itself, but still). I watched that film over an over when I was little, and I'll still get a bit defensive every time someone attacks it... even though it is a pretty nonsensical and bad movie. But Diesel 10 still scares the heck out of me.
Well, I've never talked about this before, but I had seen the promotional materials before ever seeing that film, and with me being so apprehensive about Diesel 10, and being four years old, I actually cried so hard in the theater that my mom had to carry me out. The show and books still hold a nostalgia factor, though. We actually have a huge book that's a collection of all (and I mean ALL) the stories and illustrations from every one of the books. Edited by Cobui

fjRqLk4.jpg

The Eragon movie. ANYONE could have written a more coherent script than that director.It takes skill to butcher a simple plot that badly.

The Redwall RPG; closed now
Update: RPG has migrated to another location and merged with another. Update 3/29/14 Still Alive 8+ years
Credit to Supernova Productions and Expired! for the Avatar.

Apparently I'm now Kopaka?

Well, two movies come to mind.The absolute worst movie I've ever seen has got to be "Watchmen". Terrible IMO.The second worst is "Skyline". Alright, the special effects were okay in some places, but practically every other aspect of the movie totally sucked.Also, all Star Wars (including CW) movies are the best movies ever IMO.

517px-Clone_Wars_-_Season_5_Trailer_2_-_

:kaukau:I haven't seen Skyline, though it didn't look that good. On that other hand, I try not to label action films as being among the worst of all time because sometimes I can find them very convenient if I want nothing more than cheap entertainment.Watchmen is a different deal entirely, though. It took way too long and far too much of it was frame-by-frame like the comic. The comic already had the visual experience, so I don't get why the film had to be essentially the same thing except animated. Then some of the voices were far out and annoying. Overall, it was far too slow and felt lazy on behalf of the director. It's not the worst film ever by any means (I'm sure some people might have enjoyed this more as a movie than as a book), but I still judge book-to-movie adaptations according to different principles.Your Honor,Emperor Kraggh

Skyline's critical flaw (aside from being boring and unoriginal) was its lack of any sort of developed characters. The movie seems to designate two characters that you're supposed to care about, but... you don't. Pretty much all of the characters are either dull and boring or completely unlikeable. Especially Donald Faison, who proved that he has no future outside of Scrubs (and Robot Chicken, apparently).Also, you know a movie's bad when the first genuinely interesting event takes place over the ending credits.

Superman Returns.Was it one of the worst films ever? Hardly, not by a longshot. But it is the most mind-numbingly boring experience I have ever had in a theater, not to mention one of the worst comic book movies I have ever seen (keep in mind, I have spared myself from watching mostly panned adaptions like Ghost Rider, the original Fantastic Four, and the Schumer Batman movies). Superman is supposed to elict awe and excitement from a viewer, but apart from the admittedly cool airplane sequence, Superman Returns was about as boring as a movie about a many with laser beam eyes and the power of flight can be. On top of that, it features a climax that is so riduculous that it even manages to assault the inteligence of people who are "willing to believe a man can fly." How is this possible? I can sum it up in a few frentic sentences: "Oh no, Lex Luthor stabbed Superman with Kryptonite! Oh no, he's dying, but wait, he's lifting an island of kryptonite and throwing it into space with no difficulty! But oh no, he is dying, and now Superman is dead! Yes, he's dead, everything is over, but the world needs Superman! But wait, Superman is alive again, for no explainable reason! Yes, Superman LIVES!"Need I say more?

I have slept for so long. My dreams have been dark ones. But now I am awakened. Now the scattered elements of my being are rejoined. Now I am whole. And the Darkness can not stand before me.

:kaukau: Two superhero films in a row? I haven't seen Green Lantern, but I can definitely speak for Superman Returns. I think Zarkan put it best when he said that Superman is supposed to inspire awe, but the film was underwhelming and had all the storytelling prowess of a fan fiction web publication. Superman is an iconic hero whose movies follow iconic stories, thus you get moments like Clark Kent kicking a football into outer space or giving up his superpowers for his love. I can't believe how they just didn't get it. Instead we got a Lois Lane who was rotten to both Superman and Clark Kent, an unsatisfactory tale about his illegitimate son that went nowhere, and a brief tangle with Lex Luthor that felt like any other struggle.Now, it did have its strong points, and Zarkan was right to say that it wasn't the worst superhero film ever. I have had the intense displeasure of seeing Rise of the Silver Surfer, which reminds me of some of the worst plot outlines I have ever written, so if the directors are anything like me they would be deeply ashamed of themselves. But back to Superman: if the 2005 film had anything going for it, they couldn't go wrong with John Williams. That, and they understood as John Williams did that Superman films are a light-hearted cinematic experience that doesn't take itself too seriously and is intended on making the audience feel happy inside. Even though they didn't do it full justice, they touched upon the concept of what Superman was all about when The Daily Planet boss said "There are three things that make news: tragedy, sex, and Superman."So all in all they got many things right. It's just that the plot was so underwhelming. And, as always, I dislike Lois Lane and think that Clark seriously has to rethink his life if he's interested in her.By the way, if I didn't make it clear, Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer is without doubt the worst. I swear, if there was ever a quintessential example, this would be it. Those who were foolish enough to watch it would know what I mean.- I'm Tron Paul and I approve this message.

Rubber. It's a movie about a psychic tire.

clearly you didn't pay attention, because if you did you'd know that the movie was made for no reason, and also it was more about the audience than the tire. that was the most bizarre and interesting films i had seen in a long time.
This topic so far

Vs.

Rubber. It's a movie about a psychic tire.

clearly you didn't pay attention, because if you did you'd know that the movie was made for no reason, and also it was more about the audience than the tire. that was the most bizarre and interesting films i had seen in a long time.
It was still terrible. Rampage is only the second worst.

I saw two horrible movies this weekend: "Splice" and "Red Riding Hood". Here are my reviews.SpliceThis was, very easily, the most disturbing movie I have seen in years. The effects are good, but it's just a very good-looking, slightly worse version of a SyFy original movie. "Raptor Island" jumps to mind, is how bad it is. But worse. If you've seen it, you know what I mean. At first, the movie was okay. But then it got really twisted. I won't go into detail, but between blood-spatters, cat-killing, and just plain old, mindless violence, you can get the picture. I strongly urge people not to watch it.0.001/5 starsRed Riding HoodI'm sure most of us remember this werewolf movie from this year. Much better than "Splice", but definitely not as good as "An American Werewolf in Paris", this movie mostly centers around the question "Who is the wolf?"Very simply put, nobody you'd expect. In fact, the person is hardly in the movie. Although fine for someone with low film standards, I didn't find it very good. The special effects: good. The talent: good. The script: junk. Please, if you enjoy werewolf movies that aren't Twilight-related, do not see this movie.2/5 stars.