OFFICIAL 2016 Bionicle Topic

Makaru

Bought an Umarak. I like him. He's an interesting build (waist down, at least) and his bow makes perfect sense with the function. Of course, since I'm not getting the creatures, I see no reason for the connector at the back. Hello, TLG, he's a villain, he destroys the mystic power up dragon-animals, not befriends them.

Forcibly fusing with the creatures to harness their power/memories seems pretty villainous to me.

• Upvote 4

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Bought an Umarak. I like him. He's an interesting build (waist down, at least) and his bow makes perfect sense with the function. Of course, since I'm not getting the creatures, I see no reason for the connector at the back. Hello, TLG, he's a villain, he destroys the mystic power up dragon-animals, not befriends them.

I dunno bout you but i used the pins on his back to anchor his bow when he switches to his knife o:

(edit, wrong quote!)

Edited by Rahkshi Lalonde

bnnrimg1.pngbnnrimg2.pngbnnrimg3.pngbnnrimg4.pngbnnrimg5.pngbnnrimg8.png

Forcibly fusing with the creatures to harness their power/memories seems pretty villainous to me.

So this is what Homeworld thinks of fusion! :cry: 

• Upvote 6

Looks like the webisodes are continuing this year, as abbreviated versions of Journey to One.

Just noticed those. Pretty neat but the editing is kinda eh.

To be honest, I kinda preferred the style of the 2015 animations and the pacing it had. That was one major gripe I had with Journey to One when I first viewed it, and seeing these condensed versions not edited as well isn't that good either.

Also, it is a pain to re-find this video through the site. I wish they'd add like a search bar for the site or something, especially when it comes to the creations section!

Hey, I'm Fatorak. I made this account back in November for the Golden Mask contest, but I decided I might as well use it for something more useful. So yeah, I'm gonna be more active on here, or at least TRY to be!

I dunno bout you but i used the pins on his back to anchor his bow when he switches to his knife o:

(edit, wrong quote!)

You're right, that is a good use for them. He's a very striking villain too. The trans green pops against the more subdued black and accent colours.

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

That's very intriguing. Considering it was stated in Journey to One that Makuta's body is somewhere under the ground, it makes me wonder if this book is going to go deeper into that story.

Hey, I'm Fatorak. I made this account back in November for the Golden Mask contest, but I decided I might as well use it for something more useful. So yeah, I'm gonna be more active on here, or at least TRY to be!

That's very intriguing. Considering it was stated in Journey to One that Makuta's body is somewhere under the ground, it makes me wonder if this book is going to go deeper into that story.

Out of curiosity, what's the source for the resting place of Makuta? Now that I think of it, the videos only mention that the brothers fall into a sleep, and the Protectors bury Ekimu.

If you wait until the last minute, then it only takes one minute. 

Flickr    BZPRPG   

Oh heil, nah! An Underworld? C'mon! Like ###### (guys, c'mon, why is this word censored over in this context?!) or something? I mean.... Really? Unless if by Underworld, they just mean a cave system or something, like that of

(take a wild guess here.....)
UNDERTALE.
Which I guess is fine, maybe. I dunno, the concept of our real world idea of the Underworld being in BIONUCLE just makes me so sad. Karzahni was a better interpretation of it than that, if it turns out to be the case.

Edit: Spoiler tag converted to "more" tag.

-Wind-

looking back on this... I wrote this mess? What is wrong with me?

Edited by Toa Imrukii

Quote: "Love has no fear, and no vengeance." |

:t: :m_o: :a: :i: :m: :r: :u: :k: :i: :i: | mEaHKlH.pngAndekas

pure_muscle.png

I think "Underworld" is too vague a word to draw any conclusions about what the story will be.  I mean, it could refer to a Mangaia-like lair for Makuta to be in, it could be something to do with the Skull Buddies, or it might just be more Maze of Control stuff.

OpAXNpl.jpg

Out of curiosity, what's the source for the resting place of Makuta? Now that I think of it, the videos only mention that the brothers fall into a sleep, and the Protectors bury Ekimu.

Not sure where Fatorak heard his body is underground, but the establishing shot for his tomb in JTO looked like it was on the surface somewhere - you could see craggly trees.

Edited by Pereki

believe victims. its actually not that hard, and youd look kind of bad if you were to, say, side with an abuser because theyre your friend

I think "Underworld" is too vague a word to draw any conclusions about what the story will be.  I mean, it could refer to a Mangaia-like lair for Makuta to be in, it could be something to do with the Skull Buddies, or it might just be more Maze of Control stuff.

The Maze of Control was pretty under-developed. I'd love to see the book about that

I'm currently in the process of rewriting G2. PM me if interested.

Feel free to follow the blog! (https://spiritofokoto.tumblr.com/)

Several changes on the Bionicle site:

• Upvote 2

believe victims. its actually not that hard, and youd look kind of bad if you were to, say, side with an abuser because theyre your friend

Wow!

Interesting to see the Mask of Time's original name alluded to. Hard to tell at this point whether its design in this comic is finalized, but I kind of hope it's near-finalized, because it looks pretty great! Some really neat insights into its age as well.

The art is looking pretty impressive too. Exciting!

I'd almost forgotten that the new graphic novel was out today. I'm going to be going to Barnes and Noble sometime this week anyway (there was another book that I had gotten shipped to my local store that I have to pick up), so hopefully I can get this while I'm there.

Oooo, looks really cool! Excited to see what it looks like in set form, and if it's got the whole thing going on where it combines with a bottom half or if this is just it.

And in your opinions, which is more worth it, the regular or the graphic novels? I do love me some pictures.

EDIT:

Also, is this confirmation of the six names of the regions of Okoto? Cause that's pretty cool tbh that they get interesting unique names, even if they're shared with the creatures.

Oh, and so hoping for a quick G1 easter egg where they glimpse into an alternate dimension an we see a scene from then. Would be kinda neat.

Edited by Banana Gunz

And in your opinions, which is more worth it, the regular or the graphic novels? I do love me some pictures.

EDIT:

Also, is this confirmation of the six names of the regions of Okoto? Cause that's pretty cool tbh that they get interesting unique names, even if they're shared with the creatures.

I prefer the graphic novels out of nostalgia, but the novels have a bit more going on in terms of world-building and information. Actually, this second graphic novel has put the novels to shame! Go with the graphic novels.

And +1 on the regions thing. (I don't think it needs a spoiler tag.) Ikir-Wahi?  :bowdown:

• Upvote 1

Flickr    BZPRPG   

OK, who's going to Photoshop a completed Vahi?

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

This must be a massive blow to the ego of that guy who practically went to war over the forums about how the G2 mask of time looked identical to the G1 Vahi because of the obvious placeholder in the previous graphic novel...

I love how the shape fits together with the Vahi, if you imagine it there as the lower half.

Also, all this talk of it originating in "ancient times" and giving users the ability to witness world beyond their imagination?

INB4 G1 connection. Until now I was among those who thought it was just wishful thinking and will never happen, but this is a close to a confirmation as you can get without it being a literal confirmation.

EDIT: I'd like to clarify the above statement. I in no way support the idea that G2 is in some way a continuation of the G1 story. However, having the top half of the G2 MoT look like the G1 Vahi fits can be considered as a connection with more significance than an easter egg. As far as I'm concerned, it's still a full reboot, and they're separate universes.

Alternate dimensions maybe?

Point is, the story of G1 and G2 will never be connected or linked together. However this is an interesting tidbit and I'm curious to see where it goes.

:kakama:

Edited by Pohaturon

:kakama: Stone rocks :kakama:

Model Designer at The LEGO Group. Former contributor at New Elementary. My MOCs can be found on Flickr and Instagram

:smilepohatunu: :smilehuki:

I just ordered the second bionicle Graphic Novel online, and I should be getting it by the end of the week. (Hopefully) From what I got from skimming through the last few posts, it looks like it will have interesting new story info. I look forward to reading it. :)

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

If the top half of the Vahi lets you see visions into the future/past, and the bottom half lets you speed up/slow down time, then maybe the lost "whole-Vahi" lets you actually legit travel through/control time itself? finally?

^spoiler-tagged to be safe!

Sounds perfectly plausible! Though I must say that if that's the case than I can definitely see why someone would split the mask! Besides, it's cool how in the animations we got all those easter eggs alluding to the bottom half of the mask.

I wonder if they'd do a full on cross over with G1, but I personally doubt it, and it would be slightly cheap in terms of story telling.

But I love the design they're running with. It's dynamic and cool looking, and I can definitely see the bottom half fitting in nicely, though there'd have to be some reshaping I imagine. I seriously want that mask in set form lol.

Kopaka art timelapse from Matt Betteker up on Facebook!

Cool. The art is fantastic.

As for the graphic novel - this is just fantastic. Big revelations. Got me excited about the franchise again!

I finally caught up and read Revenge of the Skull Spiders and Gathering of the Toa. The book was fantastic, I really enjoyed the side story of the Protectors journeying to the city of the Mask Makers and their characterization (though it really didn't amount to anything) along with the introduction of a new character in Harvali and a look at the landscape and fauna of Okoto. Definitely liking these books. 

The graphic novel had great moments too - can't say I dug the art too much but I mean, what can I say - Bionicle, in my opinion, was known for its comics so its good to see the story being explored in this medium again. As for the second graphic novel though... Dang. G2 is finally getting to that level of intrigue I loved so much about G1.

-NotS

tahubanner.jpg

Very very excited for G2!

(Spoiler because I don't know how to do the tag)
Will the Protectors get updated forms next year because of the new Masks?
Really digging the airship and can't wait to see more
The top of the Vahi looks amazing!

I'm currently in the process of rewriting G2. PM me if interested.

Feel free to follow the blog! (https://spiritofokoto.tumblr.com/)

Very very excited for G2!

Will the Protectors get updated forms next year because of the new Masks?

Really digging the airship and can't wait to see more

The top of the Vahi looks amazing!

I haven't read the new graphic novel, but if I'm not mistaken, the story is a flashback to how the ancient!Protectors got the masks that they passed down to the modern!Protectors. So the masks they get in this graphic novel are the same masks the Protectors wore in the sets.

[Consider this spoiler because my box is broken :(]

I really feel bad for Ekimu. He really cared for his brother, and believed his mask making skills were as amazing as his. He would always forgive his brother for doing masks with multiple power. He even cried when he realized his brother was the evil the mask of time was talking about, and had to take him down.

I really feel bad for Ekimu. He really cared for his brother, and believed his mask making skills were as amazing as his. He would always forgive his brother for doing masks with multiple power. He even cried when he realized his brother was the evil the mask of time was talking about, and had to take him down.

+1. One aspect of the graphic novel I loved was its characterization of both of the Mask Makers. Ekimu really just loves Makuta and wants what's best for the entire island. He's probably the older of the two.  :P  Makuta wants to help people too, but he has a different way of doing it.

Though I do wonder- was Makuta the evil, or the MoUP? Makuta was definitely driven by some not-so-nice thoughts like jealousy and anger toward the end, but was he really evil? I suppose he's definitely evil in the afterlife, but maybe he didn't fully take the plunge until he was "betrayed" when Ekimu attacked him?

Edited by Junior Shark

Flickr    BZPRPG   

+1. One aspect of the graphic novel I loved was its characterization of both of the Mask Makers. Ekimu really just loves Makuta and wants what's best for the entire island. He's probably the older of the two.  :P  Makuta wants to help people too, but he has a different way of doing it.

Though I do wonder- was Makuta the evil, or the MoUP? Makuta was definitely driven by some not-so-nice thoughts like jealousy and anger toward the end, but was he really evil? I suppose he's definitely evil in the afterlife, but maybe he didn't fully take the plunge until he was "betrayed" when Ekimu attacked him?

I don't know... Makuta don't really seem bad to me. He's only, uncomprehended. I'm sure he wants to help everyone. Then again, Ekimu keeps telling how he is evil and his darkness are still alive and stuff in the animations.... I hope Ekimu' wrong and the MOUP is actually controling him. 

By the way, Does someone know when the third graphic novel will be released? I'm pretty hyped, they're so good.

Despite my initial reaction to the name of the third book, I am now kind of rethinking my stance on the concept of an Underworld in BIONICLE. And if it explains the lore of the Skull Spiders well, then so be it. They seem to be a bit (insert certain word that is filtered out here)-ish to me, and it would be cool to see their definitive origins. Coming from an Underworld of sorts, long hot narrowing caves and tunnels of dark Spider Nests, controlled by the dark forces of Makuta, and used to take control of Okoto, or at least try to.

Seems like a cool idea.

Quote: "Love has no fear, and no vengeance." |

:t: :m_o: :a: :i: :m: :r: :u: :k: :i: :i: | mEaHKlH.pngAndekas

pure_muscle.png