OFFICIAL 2016 Bionicle Topic

Makaru

Toy R Us has got the June wave on their site (except Quake Beast). 

- The new mask is the Beast Mask of Corruption

- Mask of Creation is "powered-up"

- Lava Beast's blade things are wings

believe victims. its actually not that hard, and youd look kind of bad if you were to, say, side with an abuser because theyre your friend

Weird. It only has Lava Beast on mine.

​So we know the Beasts are infected Rahi corrupted by Umarak. And I just figured his mask would just be a fused MoC but it has a new power ^_^

WAIT WAIT HOLD UP, RAHI ARE BACK!? I have to see this!

I would also like to add that Under Umarak's description, it says BIONICLE is a Sci-Fi Fantasy world. And, under Storm Beast it says it's a Biomechanical one. oooOOOOOOoooooouuuh.........

Edited by Toa Imrukii

Quote: "Love has no fear, and no vengeance." |

:t: :m_o: :a: :i: :m: :r: :u: :k: :i: :i: | mEaHKlH.pngAndekas

pure_muscle.png

Are TRU really still selling The Legend Reborn? :v

It was actually re-released on DVD in February, so that's probably what they're selling.

believe victims. its actually not that hard, and youd look kind of bad if you were to, say, side with an abuser because theyre your friend

It was actually re-released on DVD in February, so that's probably what they're selling.

That's kind of weird that they re-released a movie that is well over five years old at this point, especially considering that it's about a line that has since been canceled. Is there still such a high demand for it?

Hail Denmark

That's kind of weird that they re-released a movie that is well over five years old at this point, especially considering that it's about a line that has since been canceled. Is there still such a high demand for it?

Not necessarily... but kids' DVDs are a weird industry. It could possibly be meant to try and soak up some sales to newer Bionicle fans who don't know/care about the difference between G1 and G2 (or their parents, who probably know/care even less).

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

The Freaking Legend Reborn? You mean that shoe-horned in piece of garbage that was meant to be the first in a trilogy? Nooo, they couldn't!

And by shoe-horned in, I mean that it was kind of out of the blue in retrospect, especially since the whole trilogy thing didn't happen.

pure_muscle.png

The Freaking Legend Reborn? You mean that shoe-horned in piece of garbage that was meant to be the first in a trilogy? Nooo, they couldn't!

And by shoe-horned in, I mean that it was kind of out of the blue in retrospect, especially since the whole trilogy thing didn't happen.

2009 in general was very awkward in retrospect. It did all the work of laying out a brand-new playing field for a second big ol' Bionicle saga, but then the line ended the next year.

Of course, the situation was rather unavoidable on the part of the story creators.

EDIT: I sure do wonder what's going on in that volcano...

Edited by Pereki

So someone on Eurobricks shared the back of box pictures from these sets, from a Ukrainian shop site:

http://i2.rozetka.ua..._1554038942.jpg

http://i1.rozetka.ua..._1554052676.jpg

http://i1.rozetka.ua..._1554066256.jpg

http://i2.rozetka.ua..._1554196610.jpg

http://i1.rozetka.ua..._1554220984.jpg

The most interesting thing in these pictures? Umarak the Destroyer can combine with all three beasts to form a HUGE combi model!

Oh god. Makuta's combo didn't skip leg day, he skipped thigh day. HOW DOES ONE STAND ON THOSE THINGS?!

Edited by Toa Imrukii

pure_muscle.png

And I thought the Destroyer version of Umarak was big.  :o

Seriously, that combi model looks amazing, even though it has the thinnest lower torso I've ever seen since Pridak's set came out. :P I'm now considering the Beasts just to build this thing. That's how cool it looks to me.

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

Umarak the OBLITERATOR,

tho really, it is super top heavy,but it makes it so much more... wrong? skeletal? it looks hideous but i LOVe that, (and those gross elemental crystal claws oughta hurt!)

also, the beasts are coming out of glowing cracks in the ground and have demon faces...

wasn't there a mention of an "underworld" somewhere?

(also also, that claw raking, so cool)

bnnrimg1.pngbnnrimg2.pngbnnrimg3.pngbnnrimg4.pngbnnrimg5.pngbnnrimg8.png

Blind guy has a couple of questions about the hip swivel torso from the 2016 Toa and a few other sets:

1. I'm assuming there's a buildable mechanism that attaches to the hip gear. If this is correct, how do I build said mechanism?

2. What is the canonical means of attaching arms to this torso?

Also, among the sets I own, I've identified 4 torso types:

-A standard torso with head, shoulder, gut, hip, and tail ball connectors, found in most 2015 Toa.

-A large torso that is somewhat hard to distinguish from the standard torso but adds ball connectors for shoulder pads. Found in the larger 2015 Toa.

-A small torso that lacks the tail connector. found in most of the creature sets.

-The hip swivel torso.

My question is: are there any other CCBS torso types available?

Just so you know, I'm blinad

Blind guy has a couple of questions about the hip swivel torso from the 2016 Toa and a few other sets:

1. I'm assuming there's a buildable mechanism that attaches to the hip gear. If this is correct, how do I build said mechanism?

-A standard torso with head, shoulder, gut, hip, and tail ball connectors, found in most 2015 Toa.

-A large torso that is somewhat hard to distinguish from the standard torso but adds ball connectors for shoulder pads. Found in the larger 2015 Toa.

-A small torso that lacks the tail connector. found in most of the creature sets.

-The hip swivel torso.

To my knowledge, just one more. An extra large torso, like the one with the shoulder pad balls but having a longer mid-section above the gut ball socket. It has about (if my memory serves be right) three or four extra pinholes.

However, this torso to my knowledge hasn't been used as of yet on any of the BIONICLE G2 Sets. It was used in HF but not yet BIONICLE.

pure_muscle.png

-The hip swivel torso.

To my knowledge, just one more. An extra large torso, like the one with the shoulder pad balls but having a longer mid-section above the gut ball socket. It has about (if my memory serves be right) three or four extra pinholes.

However, this torso to my knowledge hasn't been used as of yet on any of the BIONICLE G2 Sets. It was used in HF but not yet BIONICLE.

It hasn't been used in Bionicle G2 sets, but it HAS been used in Star Wars constraction sets. On that note, there's also another new torso in this year's Star Wars constraction sets that has hip joints but no shoulder or neck joints. It is also used for Storm Beast this summer.

Here is the larger torso beam from Hero Factory. Here is the new Star Wars torso beam.

Blind guy has a couple of questions about the hip swivel torso from the 2016 Toa and a few other sets:1. I'm assuming there's a buildable mechanism that attaches to the hip gear. If this is correct, how do I build said mechanism?2. What is the canonical means of attaching arms to this torso?Also, among the sets I own, I've identified 4 torso types:-A standard torso with head, shoulder, gut, hip, and tail ball connectors, found in most 2015 Toa.-A large torso that is somewhat hard to distinguish from the standard torso but adds ball connectors for shoulder pads. Found in the larger 2015 Toa.-A small torso that lacks the tail connector. found in most of the creature sets.-The hip swivel torso.My question is: are there any other CCBS torso types available?

To my knowledge, just one more. An extra large torso, like the one with the shoulder pad balls but having a longer mid-section above the gut ball socket. It has about (if my memory serves be right) three or four extra pinholes.However, this torso to my knowledge hasn't been used as of yet on any of the BIONICLE G2 Sets. It was used in HF but not yet BIONICLE.
It hasn't been used in Bionicle G2 sets, but it HAS been used in Star Wars constraction sets. On that note, there's also another new torso in this year's Star Wars constraction sets that has hip joints but no shoulder or neck joints. It is also used for Storm Beast this summer.Here is the larger torso beam from Hero Factory. Here is the new Star Wars torso beam.

Um, I hate to break it to you Lyichir, but Jeffery Mewtamer is actually blind. So the pictures won't help him to see it.

On that note, I certainly hope our descriptions of said torso pieces was adequate.

pure_muscle.png

Blind guy has a couple of questions about the hip swivel torso from the 2016 Toa and a few other sets:1. I'm assuming there's a buildable mechanism that attaches to the hip gear. If this is correct, how do I build said mechanism?2. What is the canonical means of attaching arms to this torso?Also, among the sets I own, I've identified 4 torso types:-A standard torso with head, shoulder, gut, hip, and tail ball connectors, found in most 2015 Toa.-A large torso that is somewhat hard to distinguish from the standard torso but adds ball connectors for shoulder pads. Found in the larger 2015 Toa.-A small torso that lacks the tail connector. found in most of the creature sets.-The hip swivel torso.My question is: are there any other CCBS torso types available?

To my knowledge, just one more. An extra large torso, like the one with the shoulder pad balls but having a longer mid-section above the gut ball socket. It has about (if my memory serves be right) three or four extra pinholes.However, this torso to my knowledge hasn't been used as of yet on any of the BIONICLE G2 Sets. It was used in HF but not yet BIONICLE.

It hasn't been used in Bionicle G2 sets, but it HAS been used in Star Wars constraction sets. On that note, there's also another new torso in this year's Star Wars constraction sets that has hip joints but no shoulder or neck joints. It is also used for Storm Beast this summer.Here is the larger torso beam from Hero Factory. Here is the new Star Wars torso beam.

Um, I hate to break it to you Lyichir, but Jeffery Mewtamer is actually blind. So the pictures won't help him to see it.

On that note, I certainly hope our descriptions of said torso pieces was adequate.

Oh darn, I missed that part of his post. Sorry. :(

Let me see if I can add a little more description of that Star Wars torso beam. The whole thing is about 5 modules by 7 modules. Near the top, instead of a neck joint and shoulder joints, it has a 5 module wide cross beam, like the 2016 Toa torso beam has for attaching shoulders. The hip connection is just like the ones from older Hero Factory torso beams, with two hip joints and another ball joint between them. And the center ball joint on the torso beam has a hole through it, like the smaller torso beams used for the Protectors as well as this year's Toa torsos.

As for the larger Hero Factory torso beam, it's the same as the wider Hero Factory torso beam (the one with ball joints for shoulder armor), but is two modules taller (with two other technic holes added between the center ball and the shoulder joints). So in terms of its overall size, it is 9 modules by 11 modules.

Again, I'm sorry for not paying attention the first time. I hope this helps!

Edited by Lyichir

Wow! There are a lot of things going around in this topic!

Anyway, about the new Kopaka picture, love the video, but how you can download the picture doesn't look good. I prefer to download it when it is similar to Tahu's to be a better portrait-like picture.

As for the June sets, man they are coming early! This is unusual. Usually, summer sets come in July or August, but this is strange. Is it because of many other Lego themes having a lot of sets to be released in August?

About the new pictures, I like the artwork on the comics on the backs of the sets' boxes. The poster looks crazy awesome! Now we can see that the Beasts are swarm-types of villains, like Skull Warriors and Skull Scorpios. Reminds me of a picture promoting Hero Factory's Savage Planet sub-theme.

As for comics, the Beasts look like that they come from regions in Okoto. They and Umarak the Destroyer seem to be heading to a volcano that shoots a beam of energy, but Ekimu and the Toa are there to stop them. Are the bad guys planning to destroy Okoto by striking its center (a Nocturn reference in BS01)?

As for the summer Umarak combiner, man, that looks dang awesome! It looks like that Umarak is going Doomsday from Batman v Superman in a way by collecting parts from the Beasts to make himself bigger and spiky-er. Perhaps call him Umarak the Doom-Bringer?:P

As for the Beasts coming out from regions of Okoto, Lava Beast comes out from a feiry place, Storm Beast from an icy one, and Quake Beast from a cave, which is an Earth-elemental-thing. It makes me have a little theory that Umarak seems to summon a Beast counterpart to one of the Toa. In this case, I wonder if he will summon three more types of Beasts to combat Pohatu, Lewa, and Gali (what are they going to do, anyway?)? If that will happen, I hope there will be new sets for these Beasts. If not, at least we would see them in the two new episodes of The Journey to One. (Think how The Journey to One included Ice Shadow Traps without letting them be a set.) If both sets and TV show, I would guess that the these Beasts would come later than June in year (probably that could a reason why there is a June release for the summer sets. Think how Hero Factory, Ninjago, Legends of Chima, The Lego Movie, and Nexo Knights did similarly). Just a little theory.

Man, things are heating up! This is going to epic!:D

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

Are the beasts supposed to be undead like the skeletal creatures?(They have that strange ribcage piece)

So did umarak, and I'm pretty sure he's alive.

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

But they even come from the ground like the skull Warriors...

Maybe they're just underground cave dwelling creatures? I'm sure we'll find out the reason why.

Escape from the Underworld, anyone?

pure_muscle.png

What are some opinions of Storm Beast being a TRU exclusive?

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

What are some opinions of Storm Beast being a TRU exclusive?

In this day & age, where online shopping is pretty much a way of life, toys being exclusive to certain stores doesn't bother me.

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

Personally, I have no issue with Storm Beast being a Toys R Us exclusive. I would probably have ended up picking him up from there or from a Lego Store anyway, so it doesn't exactly complicate that. And with the common rumors of Bionicle struggling to maintain sales, it's good to know that Toys R Us, at the very least, is confident enough in the theme to pursue exclusivity of a specific set.