Techna

Legolover-361

IC(Ga'mal talking to Tain in elevator)

(Jade talking to Gust in tunnels)

"You ready?" Ga'mal asks Tain while holding his hand. She leads the Toa toward the elevator, slowly."Good night, Gust. Or is it good morning?" mumbles the Glatorian before leaning over to the left and falling asleep.-Mef Man

IC (Technology Tower):Torch stepped in, muttering something about mandating visual rather than genetic indentification before snapping back into full-on business mode."I see you've defended the TT well," he said, casting an approving glance over the ADR corpses across the floor. "Send several of your squad members upstairs to check the databases; on their way, they're to visually check each room to see which have been damaged. Pay attention to which areas have been hit the hardest."Airu, you and the remaining guards will follow me to the assembly areas. We'll need to check over the machinery and the computers. And..." The Toa Techna of Plasma paused, on the verge of giving another order, but apparently decided against it. "You have your orders -- oh, Airu, we need to talk on the way to the AL."

IC: Airu"I've got people on the way to each database now," he said. "Sent them a couple minutes ago. You two," he added, turning to Drones 1 and 2, "go and secure the exits. Krayzikk, with me and Torch."He turned to Torch."What do you want to talk about?"IC: GustGust grinned. "Good night, babe," he said.-Teezy

Edited by Tyler Durden

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC(Drone 2 talking to Airu iin room)

"Got it," Drone 2 says while walking toward the nearest entrance. A quick round from one of his weapons silenced a nearby ADR waiting outside before the Matoran takes position there. As much as he hated being told what to do by others besides Drone, he'd obey this time.-Mef Man

IC (Technology Tower):At first, Torch ignored the question. "Krayzikk, take point. Airu and I will be a few meters to your twelve, covering the rear."The three set off. Torch drew a little ahead of Airu, which prompted a frown from the other; normally, the Toa Techna of Plasma would go to the back himself, so set was he on putting himself in danger before others. The question in his eyes was answered by Torch's next statement:"I'm walking unarmed." He looked at his plasma jet with a wry smile. "All this technology is good for nothing if you can't control it, and due to a virus I had to shut down my implant, so... Anyway, how skilled are you with programming?"

IC: AiruAiru sighed sadly. "It wouldn't matter, anyway," he said. "Anyone with implants is running useless. The internet is down."Seeing Torch opening his mouth, Airu shook his head. "I mean, for everyone. Gust had it shut down about an hour and a half ago. Code 500. And seeing as you're the only one that can have it shut down..."He sighed again."I hate to be the one to have to tell you this, sir, but as of right now, Toa Techna Gust and Toa Techna Matrapolix are missing, presumed killed in action at some point last night. We know that Gust was alive at least an hour prior to the attack, but..."-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC (Technology Tower, en route to Assembly Line):Airu's sentence faded out. Torch had stopped, an emotion flickering on his face, an emotion akin to pure horror -- but in the next moment, that was glossed over, and a few quick steps brought Torch level with Airu again; his eyes' light seemed rather unsteady, but otherwise he was remaining professional about the whole situation.At least, on the outside.A coat of wax covered Torch's rotting core. Memories flitted through his mind like firefliers: his argument with Gust, Forcyte's death, his decision to shut off his implant and, by extension, communications with the rest of the Toa Techna..."I'd appreciate it," said the Toa, "if we stay focused on our duties."His voice was stern, cold, even. But it was cracking.

IC: AiruAiru's face was caught somewhere between disbelief and confusion for a quarter of a second before he was the typically stoic, harsh commander of the Techna Guard."Yes, sir," he said, holding his Cornershot at shoulder level. That was Airu. Ever the good soldier.-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: DroneDoing as he was told, Drone secured an entrance opposite from Drone 2, shooting a couple of ADRs attempting to enter the building while taking some cover. Re-assuming a shooting stance, Drone began firing a clip at one which soon ran out of ammo, two other ADRs popping up behind the robotic corpse.With his powers, he took control of the ADRs and turned them into his own personal assistants, letting them handle the invaders as he reloaded.

IC: Krayzikk, Tech Tower"Um, sirs? Do you wish me to shut down audio receptors, due to my robotic hearing, I can't help but pick up some of what you are saying. Only every other word or so, but still." Krayzikk didn't look back as he posed the question. he continued walking.Tain nodded. "Yep, let's get this show on the road."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

OOC: Wait, so is Tain and others in the tower?

IC(Ga'mal talking to others in elevator heading to nearest uplink)

(Jild talking to others in elevator heading toward nearest uplink)

"Good," Ga'mal says while boarding the elevator.Jild presses a button on the elevator and soon they were heading toward the nearest uplink.-Mef Man

IC: GustGust looked over at Jade's sleeping form and grinned for a second before noticing she was shivering.Frowning, he took off his jacket (it was designer, very expensive, and positively gorgeous (OOC: Think Members Only, not Vans) and laid it gently over her. He kissed her forehead softly and walked back over to the tunnel wall.-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

OOC: ... hmpf... IC Fulok - Science District - Enjoying himself:Former Toa Techna Fulok sat in a chair, in a bar, in a district, on a ship. He was drinking down some of the strongest stuff he could get his hands on, just trying to blur out his past life as a Techna. A few drunken others sat around as well, either spitting out gibberish, or humming horribly along with the song that was playing.'Course, Fulok was too drunk to think right, and he too was muttering and mumbling, though he was 'singing' to the song. "Annnnnd we sent 'em PACKING! With an explosion or two or three, and those hackers went away. THE TOA TECHNA! THE TOA TECHNA! TO THE HEROES OF THE CITY, OUR GLORIOUS SHIP, OUR ROCK IN SPACE!"Down with the hackers! Abolish the hackers! Send them back to their hacking mommies and daddies, and let the peace be restored!" the drunken few shouted, all standing now, yelling out the lyrics of the song in surprisingly good drunken sync. "MEN, IT'S BEEN FUN, BUT I GOTTA HEAD OUT NOW... THERE'S PROBABLY SOME TRASH OUT THERE THAT NEEDS TO BE TAKEN OUT, AND I'M THE GUY FOR THE JOB!" Fulok shouted, patting his drunken comrades on the back as he stumbled forward, and through the doors of the bar, falling into the filthy street, a complete mess. He stayed there for a moment, not moving, only breathing, until he stirred, pushing himself back up onto his feet, and bumbling further through the city. -Fulok

IC:"If you want to wander off and find Levacius, you can," Gust said, resting Jade's hand down gently onto the ground. "I'm not going to go and try and protect him. He's a big boy."He leaned against a tunnel wall, flipping a coin idly for entertainment every now and then."He thinks he can handle it, let him. Not breaking my heart any."-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC (Technology Tower, Assembly Line):The Assembly Line was massive.Built to accomodate the contruction of any piece of machinery, whether an S-toran body or a tank, its walls were lined with adjustable robotic arms, tipped with metallic pincers that glimmered in the low light of the hall."Lights," called out Torch.No response.How many times had Gust called him since Torch went off the network? And now everyone's implants were shut down..."Let's make our way to the CPU room," he said curtly. Without waiting for a response, he spun on the heel of his front foot and the toe of his back foot and marched off.Torch, you're stronger than this. I know you are.So why did his heart feel like a dozen splinters gathered in his chest, ready to poke through at the slighest provocation?

IC: AiruAiru slowly walked a couple feet behind the Toa Techna of Plasma, his Cornershot raised for the slightest sign of hostile movement."Coming up on the CPU room, sir," he said softly. Normally, he would have barked it, but Torch was hardly in a mood to be messed with...Or was he? Gust had been the commander's protege, his finest soldier, indeed, even a friend to the much older Toa. Torch was his best friend. Since childhood. Before Techna. And still it seemed as though he felt...nothing.They stopped at the door to the CPU room. Airu thought of opening his mouth and decided against it.-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: Cryos - Denizens DistrictDeciding that the city was too boring for him at the moment, he walked slowly to the Denizens District, back to his pod. Lying down in it, he started the process to put him into Cryo-sleep for a few months. When he woke up, hopefully something interesting would happen. He shut down his Network Relay Channel, and closed his eyes. Goodbye, Techna. See you in a few months.OOC: My last post in Techna. This is Toa Zealokan, signing off. May the City be good to you, better than it was to me. Bye, guys :)

The Writer Formerly Known as Zeal
BZPRPG Profiles
Ghosts of Bara Magna Profiles

IC (CPU room, Technology Tower):Torch opened the door. It banged against the wall, having been pushed harder than Torch had intended to push it. He gritted his teeth. Don't lose your cool now! Gust was just--No! No more thinking about him. It was too painful.The splinters that were Torch's heart began to stir.--There. The power switch. "I found it," said Torch aloud, and he flicked it.The computer room was bathed in light. Outside, the numerous lights above the Assembly Line also ignited. Beams of photons fell across metallic beams and gears. Empty platforms lined the bottom conveyor belts. It all looked so pristine, like it had been built just days ago instead of millennia."Airu, find the main CPU," barked Torch. "Krayzikk, you make sure the connections are all secure."

IC: AiruAiru stood where he was for a moment, his head tilted, observing Torch like a Rahi in a zoo."Airu!"The commander was silent for a moment, and when he finally spoke, his voice was a tight, angry whisper."How can you feel...nothing?" he asked the Toa Techna of Plasma before walking away.-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:"Someone should grieve for him, sir," the Toa of Air yelled as his eyes located the main CPU. As he began to walk towards it, almost as an afterthought, he added, "It might as well be you."-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC (CPU room, Technology Tower):"Gust wouldn't have..."The words were too quiet to hear. Surely they couldn't have come from Torch's mouth -- Torch, the Toa Techna renowned for his stern, calm aura and confident behavior. In the eyes of Techna, he was a minor deity, so far above them, they had no hope of reaching his level.Could a hero cry?Torch touched his right index finger to his cheek and drew it away. Moisture soaked his fingertip. The tears were real, then.Heart-splinters pierced his chest.Torch ignored the pain and called to Airu, "Have you -- have you found the main CPU yet?" The Toa of Plasma's voice cracked; he winced.

IC: AiruAiru spun on his heel, capturing Torch's face in moments. The commander's hard, angry look softened, and he nodded grimly."Right here, sir," he said in a soldier's tone.-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: Attacking ADR / Technology TowerTwo formerly cloaked ADR suddenly appeared in front of the group in the CPU room, opening fire at point blank range with freeze and shrink Kanoka disk on Airu and Torch. They had already done their task - uploading a virus into the CPU. The next time an ADR was manufactured, it would immediately have its programming modified - such a minor change it might go past, though Kinksh had doubted it - that would place it under his control rather than the Toa Techna as head commander.~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~Meanwhile, in the higher levels, the other two were finishing their own task - a complete data transfer of every bit of information available in the main terminals of Technology Tower. With all of the guards, there was no reason to expect the public to get in, meaning the information that would be much harder to get to elsewhere was now more readily available - even for robots.It wasn't really important information. But it didn't matter - any and everything that could be gathered would be useful.~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~Other than those two groups, all of the ADR had been finished off in the Technology Tower.OOC: So are any of the GM's going to respond to the attack on the prison? -Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

IC: Krayzikk, Tech TowerThe robot observed the exchange between Airu and Torch. When Torch looked in his direction, he would see Krayzikk looking at him, his face expression-less. He turned, and left to check the connections, saying over his shoulder "Torch. I died for Techna. I survived, but Gust did not. Is it fair that a lowly Detective survived where he did not? No. But there is one fair thing that can still be done. No one grieved for me, even when it looked like I would not make it at all. There is still time to grieve for Gust.The the attack came. Krayzikk whirled and opened fire on the rogue ADR, knowing that there was nothing he could do about Torch or Airu, he was too far away. "Torch! Airu! Hit the deck!"

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

OOC: I didn't know there was one and I'm struck by a chronic case of laziosis so I'll let LL deal with it.IC: AiruAiru moved with the precision of a veteran, sweeping away the freeze disk launched at him immediately with a gust of wind, sending it into one of the ADR.Kadin. Mask of Flight. Get rid of that second disk. the commander of the Techna Guard thought, launching his way towards the second disk.He launched a blast from his Cornershot into the other disk, sending it flying off course. Seconds later, Airu fired again, destroying the second ADR."You good, sir?" he asked, landing cleanly on the ground about ten feet away in front of the Toa Techna of Plasma.-Teezy

Edited by Tyler Durden

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: Attacking ADR / Technology TowerUnfortunately for Airu, the shrinkdisk was of the design used in Ko-Metru back in Metru-Nui. As such, it moved up just a few inches on its own, completely evading the shot from Airu.Honestly, not many people used disks now days. Guns were more effecient. Especially specialty disks. And the disk continued its last three inches to Torch...OOC: Because you know what? I'm feeling ornery today.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

-==IC: Tsuki//Science District==-Tsuki walked through the abandoned lab, noting the signs of battle, and destroyed robots.Pathetic. They should've been enough to defeat those two Toa. Doesn't matter, it is simply a slight setback. Tsuki continued down the hall leading further into the lab, and after a little while of walking, ended up in the room where Zero had been sealed away. However, he walked past the place where the dead Toa still lay, and walked up to a door that had not been noticed when the other two had been there. It was ID sealed, however, Tsuki simply melted the scanner with a fireball, and then stabbed the door, heating up the area around his Katana, along with part of the steel, and began to attempt to cut a hole in the iron door... He would get at what was behind this door, no matter how long it took.

OOC: Whoa, a virus was uploaded to the CPU that quickly? I'll let it go this time, but bear in mind that CPUs are password- and credentials-protected.Also, um... what prison attack? XDIC (CPU room, Technology Tower):Torch saw the disk coming--As a Matoran, he had played the dangerous sport known only as "Disk Tossing". So had every other Matoran who had lived in Metru Nui before the Touchdown. With a Matoran's reflexes, it was hard to catch a disk in such a way as to avoid activating its power; but with a Toa's reflexes--Torch's right foot slid back. His left hand reached up, his right hand moved down, like two halves of a pincer. His hands were part of the target, and so if he possessed the speed----he would catch the disk evenly between his hands without activating its powers, as he did now.

Edited by Legolover-361

OOC: Swuiop and Thuiop stole some hoverbikes and were straffing the prison.It wasn't exactly quick. This entire time - about four pages or so, out of game time - they've been in there, working.And now that you're here - does the prison have some kind of tower linking up to it to bring power? Wires, anything? Or does it run on a separate power from the rest of the city? (honestly the smarter thning to do...)IC: Swuiop & Thuiop / PrisonSwuiop fired another shot as she passed another of the guards lining up on her, hitting him with a powerful blast of lightning that sent him flying off the wall. Thuiop was throughouly enjoying himself as well, creating stone spikes and hurling them at guards.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

IC; TainTain followed close behimd the others. "They are gone. I can sense no moving metal, other than what should be here. No abnormalities." The toa remained on guard, however.

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC - CaveMatrapolix was some thirty yards down the tunnels. He was tracking Raknar, who was supposedly fighting Takadox. He heard sounds from in front of him. He ducked just in time. A bullet sailed over his head. Had he not had his implants, he would've been hit. Takadox was holding the gun. Drawing his sword, he slashed forward."How droll, Techna." Takadox commented.Takadox had a sword of his own. His slash was blocked by the Barraki. As soon as that, there was a cut on Matrapolix's shoulder. He wasn't quick enough to block the cut to his thigh. He didn't see coming the stab through his chest. He cried out in pain as his opponent's sword passed through his stomache. His sword clambered to the floor.As Takadox took the sword out, he fell. But this was Matrapolix. His opponent would never win that easy. As he fell, he drew his pistol, and shot. The bullet hit Takdox in the heart. Matra smiled slyly."Always bring a gun to a sword fight."Reaching for his watch, he texted Gust on his personal Internet.'Takadox executed. Have sustained fatal injuries. Leave immediately.'

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

IC: Levacius / TunnelsLevacius stepped out of the shadows - having left earlier, he was ahead of Matrapolix, but merely watching. Moving over emotionlessly, he grabbed the Toa Techna and pulled him up."Sorry Matrapolix, but you're not going out that easily." he said, looking at his map. "Come on, there's a short cut that leads up into the Tower."The shortcut was, of course, a solid foot - perhaps more, it had been added onto of protosteel directly above them. But when had that stoppped anybody?-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

IC: GustGust stood and cursed loudly, breaking out into a full run as he followed Matrapolix's path. Finally, he ended up beside the dying Toa."No, no, no, no, no, Mat, come on, bucko, buddy, come on, don't die, don't you dare die on me," the last remaining Toa Techna said, fighting back tears.Helping Levacius support the Toa, he lifted him up."So you know a way out of here?" he said stoically. He had to keep calm or Matrapolix would never leave these tunnels.-Teezy

Edited by Tyler Durden

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME