Official My Little Pony topic

~Allegretto~

I heard from a little bunny that Fluttershy's special power goes...Hush now, quiet nowIt's time to lay your sleepy headHush now, quiet nowIt's time to go to bed...Either that, or The Stare. :P

~Avatar's original image was made by the incomparable Egophiliac.~

~Electronic Manic Supersonic Bionic Energy~

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

Welp, I must've fallen down a few more meters on the slippery slope of this fandom.So Toys R Us just sent out ther annual "Great Big Book" showing off all the top products they're putting on sale for the last few weeks before the shopping madness that Black Friday signals officially starts. Of course, I have to take a browse to see if there's anything LEGO or Star Wars that I may've missed that may be worth of interest or good sale price.Though as I read it, I did something different this year and slowed down my pace as I went through the pages with young girl-oriented toys. As I've said before, my interest in the MLP toyline is minor to nonexistant, considering the lackluster amount of pros fans of the show only could find with them. But I still felt like taking a peek to see exactly what Toys R Us was saying were good deals from the line for the parents hoping to find something for their kids.There were two items. One was a hybrid of Pinkie Pie and a baby doll with talking and walking features or whatnot. Nothing of interest at all. The other was a 8-inch figure of Princess Celestia that was advertised with light-&-sound features. Like most of the toys based on the character, it was pink, used syntheic hair that was sure to need a comb to keep straight, had its wings as seperate parts integrated with light-up features, and the electronics seemed like they could get annoying to handle after a while.But... somehow it looked pretty alright. The body mold seemed simple and almost like ths animation style, the face detailing didn't seem to go for an over-the-top cute approach, and the recreation the jewelery the character wears seems rather alright. Overall, a rather pleasent-looking figure. (or doll, whatever you want to call it)I'm still heavily debating, but a part of me now wants to buy this toy. A My Little Pony figure.Mata-Nui, I'm in deep, aren't I?

Your Honor, I Plead the Fifth.

I really need to handle my signature problems better.

I know three people elsewhere on the internet (two guys, one girl) who even went to the trouble to making and posting videos of them going to the store and buying MLP figures. Was rather humorous.I'm a bit jealous that one of them did their shopipng at the Time Square Toys R Us.

Mata-Nui, I'm in deep, aren't I?

While so far I haven't had any urges to buy any MLP figures, this still manages to capture my feeling of my fanaticism at times. It occurs to me when I'm writing a serious story about these little colorful ponies. I'll try to write something emotional and realize I'm trying to write something serious about a bunch of magical...talking...colorful...ponies. Ponies.I love every minute of it, but still I ask myself, how did I get here?

If you want to see what became of me... I became a brony fan fiction writer.

I don't think many people would look at me oddly if I were to buy MLP stuff.Not counting the local toy store, where a relative of mine works. :lookaround:Like I said earlier, I bought one in a surprise bag earlier this week.The seller probably assumed I was buying it for a (nonexistent) daughter.

Edited by Valenti

~Avatar's original image was made by the incomparable Egophiliac.~

~Electronic Manic Supersonic Bionic Energy~

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

I love every minute of it, but still I ask myself, how did I get here?

Oh, now I have the urge to break into singing "Once in a Lifetime" by Talking Heads.
That's exactly where I stole the line from. :lol:You may tell yourself...this is not my obsession! And you may tell yourself...these are not my favorite toys! Letting the days go by, let the ponies calm me down...

If you want to see what became of me... I became a brony fan fiction writer.

I don't plan on buying any My Little Pony stuff, but, if I did, I would be PROUD. I'd go right up to the cashier and say, "Hello, I would like to buy this My Little Pony-related thing. For myself."

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

Hmm... You know, a life-sized Fluttershy plushie sounds amazing... I'd get Pinkie Pie, but I'd be afraid it would come to life in the middle of the night. Not that I think it would kill me or anything (I still don't buy into Cupcakes. She was kinda out-of-character... big time. XD). It's just I don't think I'd survive financially if a pony started endlessly baking and consuming cupcakes. I'd go through flour and sugar and eggs like crazy, not to mention vanilla extract. You know how much that stuff costs? It's like two dollars an ounce! D=XDD. But, I think I'd totally decorate my stuff with Fluttershy. She is beast at style! ^^

Winter Wrap Up is stuck in my head.

Ugh, when is that song NOT stuck in my head? =/ Edited by Tekulo: Toa of Wind

Executive Vice President of Tomato Throwing

I find it ironic.There are six main ponies (the mane six :P) and they're all female.But the blue one is the most masculine.

It's simple.Pinkie Pie = LewaFluttershy = OnuaRainbow Dash = TahuApplejack = PohatuTwilight Sparkle = GaliRarity = Kopaka, I guessIt's no surprise it's so big on here.

Oh goods_MLA_v_O_f_124571015_4678.jpgShould I?

If you're perfectly able to purchase it online or in a retail store without feeling you've taken blows to your dignity or "manhood," I say go for it. Four out of five of those toys are pretty accurate to the show as far as I see it (Applejack needs a hat, but nothing major), plus a DVD with what I presume is an episode or two on it could come in handy. Somehow.

I find it ironic.There are six main ponies (the mane six :P) and they're all female.But the blue one is the most masculine.

It's simple.Pinkie Pie = LewaFluttershy = OnuaRainbow Dash = TahuApplejack = PohatuTwilight Sparkle = GaliRarity = Kopaka, I guessIt's no surprise it's so big on here.
Hoho, no wonder Applejack is the best. Really, they all seem to fit.
banner.png

Okay, now my head is full of "whining Kopaka" images."I am not whining, brother! I am complaining! Do you want to hear whining? Thiiiiis is whiiiining! Ooh! This exo-suit is so tiiiight! Why don't my elemental powers woooooork? Why do we have to go undergrooooouund all the time? It's so daaaark down here! And this suit is fiiiiilthy! WHY DO I HAVE TO WEEEEEEAR IT?"I'd actually put Twilight Sparkle as Kopaka (Y'know, the whole learning bout friendship thing?). Gali sort of fits with Rarity in that she's the most ladylike.

3DS Friend Code: 0018-0767-4231