The Official Minecraft Topic

Celestial objects as in planets. Related to games. Where you can submit, er, adventure maps. Among other things.

Not celestial. But it's totally Cursed.

Would it be possible for you to state the name of the map you've made? I don't remember your Minecraft username. :blush:

Me: *has idea*

Blade: "I'd say too convoluted, and I know too convoluted =P"

"Dangit, I shouldn't have gotten ambitious."

--Merc, RE: our plotting

Pokémon Rise of the Rockets Profiles: LINK

3DS FC: 3625-9584-9417 (Pokemon X Friend Safari: Electric-type, Pachirisu, Electabuzz, Zebstrika)

so today i started a new survival world on Minecraft, and it's a picture perfect desert island - complete with one single tree. it's been really fun trying to survive on it.

if anyone wants the seed it's -4911978508192240537. you'll actually spawn on a tiny piece of land, but head directly north and you'll get to the island with the one tree on it.

overlordsukapon.png

Celestial objects as in planets. Related to games. Where you can submit, er, adventure maps. Among other things.

Not celestial. But it's totally Cursed.

Would it be possible for you to state the name of the map you've made? I don't remember your Minecraft username. :blush:

It's called Dwarf Fortress 0.0.1, because it's super alpha :P

The new update is almost done though, and it will add the thing it needs most

An objective besides survival.

Also, does anyone know how the Prune World function on MCEdit works?

"Go beyond the impossible, and kick reason to the curb! That's how Team Gurren rolls!"

BZPRPG PROFILES

Exo-Force RPG Profiles

Prune World should, if I recall correctly, delete every chuck that you do not have selected. It can really cut down on file size.

Also, I don't think I have ever heard of this celestial bodies map place except for the one time I found like 10 different downloads of Sea of Flames II by Vechs on it. All by people not Vechs, on top of that. =P

Experimenting with Diamond Drill enchantments. Efficiency, even at low levels, makes de-powered mining easier, improving your ability to function away from home base without sacrificing armour. As soon as I acquire another Unbreaking book, I will see if I can apply it to the Drill. If I am successful, my hope is that the enchantment will extend the drill's battery life.

Fortune is already on it, and does what you would expect for me, spawned in Extreme Hills.

Extra Biomes XL is indeed the biome mod I added in, and I am seriously considering adding in Mystcraft next. Mainly so I can spam 'Dense Ores' in an Age and have fun there.

I found the Atlas Portal Gun in a stone circle, and have been using it to ease my commute between my home and the home of the Sadhu Vidya, a key person in the Millenaire Creation Quest. Thanks to my ability to cross 5 kilometers in 1 second or less, the quest is going well.

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

So, I've done some test footage for what may be a Let's Play series. I have about 10 minutes of derping around on Burn's server, as well as a semi-hilarious short series (until my first death) in Super Hostile: Sea of Flame II. Depending on how it all comes out, there may be an actual series from me over the summer, which would be awesome. :D

3DS FC: 3625-9584-9417 (Pokemon X Friend Safari: Electric-type, Pachirisu, Electabuzz, Zebstrika)

So, I've done some test footage for what may be a Let's Play series. I have about 10 minutes of derping around on Burn's server, as well as a semi-hilarious short series (until my first death) in Super Hostile: Sea of Flame II. Depending on how it all comes out, there may be an actual series from me over the summer, which would be awesome. :D

I'd wanna make a let's play series myself, but there's no way I'd even consider it, until I fix my issue with my sound card. Because really, I can explain things in text when I can't actually talk; but if there's no sound at all, then I'd have to go in and manually add sound, something I don't particularly want to do right yet. =P

I'd wanna make a let's play series myself, but there's no way I'd even consider it, until I fix my issue with my sound card. Because really, I can explain things in text when I can't actually talk; but if there's no sound at all, then I'd have to go in and manually add sound, something I don't particularly want to do right yet. =P

I'm getting major sound stutter around lava, so I'll probably have to do that anyway. :P

Dense Ores makes ages REALLY unstable. Be careful.

- :burnmad:

So long as I can get in, get filthy rich, and get out again, I'm fine. Now that I've found a Default Portal Gun, I can use portals to maneuver again.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Found it. :)

There don't seem to be any screenshots, and I'm not gonna download it until I see what it looks like. Sorry, no pics no clicks.

Understandible.

Does anyone know how to keep more chunks from generating? Prune re-generates them, but how do I keep the world at just the chunks I want?

"Go beyond the impossible, and kick reason to the curb! That's how Team Gurren rolls!"

BZPRPG PROFILES

Exo-Force RPG Profiles

I have no idea if that's even possible, so no help here.

On the other hand, apparently Hindi pandits (priests) in Millenaire can enchant non-weapon tools, for a fee.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Couldn't you just keep the chunks, but just erase all the blocks?

Under the assumption here that the biome data is enough reason for the game to keep a chunk.

Edit: Burn still on power outage?

Edited by Artezza Trigger

CrazyFace-Copy.jpg

Even when trapped by Karma's cycle, the dreams we left behind will open the door! Even if the universe stands in our way,

our seething blood will determine what will be! We'll break through time and space, and defy all who would stop us to take hold of our path!

~

Found it. :)

There don't seem to be any screenshots, and I'm not gonna download it until I see what it looks like. Sorry, no pics no clicks.

Understandible.

Does anyone know how to keep more chunks from generating? Prune re-generates them, but how do I keep the world at just the chunks I want?

Copy/paste the stuff you want into a superflat world with nothing but air?

banner.jpg

Well, there is a bug in Millenaire where, once you get the Pandit to do his thing with enchanting tools, the game crashes whenever you talk to either him or the village salesperson. Running checks now to see if it's just in that village or if village interaction is entirely broken by this bug. It only started happening after the temple for that village was built. The maker of the modification is aware of this bug, and it has been fixed in the 1.5.2 version.

So, all I've got to do is wait until FTB Lite is updated for 1.5.2, and everything's shiny. In the meantime, I can't help my favourite village.

Checks completed, the fault is only in the affected village. I do not know if the tool-enchanting is meant to be available from all Hindi villages with temples - if it is, I can expect another village to stop being interactive fairly soon, meaning I'll actually have to pay other vilalges -and, gasp, modifications - some attention.

Do we know, by any chance, which particular mods they're waiting on for a new-version-of-Minecraft update of FTB Lite. Redpower, I imagine, is probably a pain to update.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

That is an excellent reason to delve right into it, as I learned with my first foray into Technic. Sure, it's safer knowing what you're doing from the word 'go,' but think of the stories you'll get to tell!

Pick a pack, open up the wiki, and explore one modification at a time. IC2 is a good starting point. The technical aspects of Thaumcraft are best left for later, though don't hesitate to raid stone circles, because there's not much to know before you can competently use one of the Portal Guns that occasionally pop up in those.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

So I don't imagine I'll spend much time with Feed the Beast. There's just too much stuff all at once, and I don't know anything about how any of it works....

That is an excellent reason to delve right into it, as I learned with my first foray into Technic. Sure, it's safer knowing what you're doing from the word 'go,' but think of the stories you'll get to tell! Pick a pack, open up the wiki, and explore one modification at a time. IC2 is a good starting point. The technical aspects of Thaumcraft are best left for later, though don't hesitate to raid stone circles, because there's not much to know before you can competently use one of the Portal Guns that occasionally pop up in those.

What he said. I mean, remember what Minecraft was like the first time you played it? FtB offers another chance to experience that kind of wonder.That said, if you're just too intimidated, I highly recommend Direwolf20's Let's Play series--Season 5 offers a nice overview of many of the Feed the Beast modifications, and his style is generally rather tutorial-esque in style anyway. ;)EDIT: Coestar and Avidya's co-op LP of FtB is another good primer, but it's not NEARLY as in-depth as Direwolf, not to mention their LP was on the FtB Beta pack, which is outdated now. It's a better example of general pace and progression than Dire, though, as Dire is a lot more familiar with FtB and its component mods than Coe is. ;) Edited by Flipz

Do we know, by any chance, which particular mods they're waiting on for a new-version-of-Minecraft update of FTB Lite. Redpower, I imagine, is probably a pain to update.

They're actually expecting 1.6 to release sooner than an actual 1.5 version of FTB, strange as it is. They've apparently got beta packs of some of the things, but given you need the codes, it's gonna take until 1.6 to release for them to have it be 'recommended'. Sounds kinda stupid to me, to be honest; since it sounds like it's just Redpower slowing things down. Again. =P But, well, Elo's doing everything on her own, so it makes sense why that's going kinda slowly, especially with the new redstone updates... But I still want the new mod updates that aren't redpower, so I might manually add them to another Minecraft instance. I'll even go without the Sonic Screwdriver if I must. =P

I understand Elo's struggle between work and personal projects, I really do. What I don't understand is why she won't accept help from other modification authors, and why she's one of the few big mod authors who's still closed-source. I mean, I GUESS I might be a protective of my work if I were in her shoes, but it seems like such a lonely existence. If she at least had a collaborator (or several collaborators), she wouldn't be alone, and they would be able to stand up for her against all of the criticism--not to mention, it wouldn't be NEARLY as difficult for her to work out the bugs in her code in her limited time.That may be my own loneliness and attitude toward it thereof talking, though. :blush:In any event, some of the other modifications may try to pick up some of the slack. I know Xycraft has some planned features that will serve as alternates to RedPower, and I know there's at least one other modification that's planning to implement microblocks.

Well, unless a 1.6 version of Millenaire comes out on the same time frame (and a couple of other mods I use that aren't FTB), that's not going to be a whole lot of help for me.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Lonely existence? It's production of a Minecraft moderator. Just because she chooses to do it herself doesn't mean she's some crazy cat lady or something. =P

- :burnmad:

Priceless. :D

Almost Sig worthy

Anyways, I has new skin, so you guys may be able to see it on the server tonight.

BZPRPG PROFILES

Exo-Force RPG Profiles

If anyone has seen a god sword called (the) Master Sword please let me know. Somehow I lost it...as usual. Also, I cant make my TARDIS bigger on the inside because of Wilf's portal. D: Leads me straight to his portal. Ah well.

BJvKYW4.png

P̴̡͘r̛̕a̵͟i̷͞s͢͠é̴̢̛̕ ̛͡t̴̶̨͞h͢҉̶e̢͟ ̸̢͢͠R͢é̷͏̶d̸͘͞ ̴͟͡͏͞a͞n̶̛̕̕҉d̶͠͞͞ ̶̡̧B̷̛l̀҉a҉̢́͟c̕͠k̢͠ ̶̸̡͟͢Ģ͞͝͏͝ó̕d̛͢͢͡͠.̧҉.̷̧̛͟͞.̀҉̴
̧̨̧̡

Minecraft username: furno5943

3DS Friend code: 5043 2524 8032

Just make it really far away.EDIT: burn, you shut it down when I was dying.

Edited by rahkshi guurahk

-Rahkshi Guurahk
GENERATION 3: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
If I actually tried putting all the stuff I like on here, the sig would burst.

d1O9dXQ.png

(This banner is created by http://www.bzpower.com/board/user/59020-onaku/ )