The Official Minecraft Topic

Anyone else getting a connection time out on Burn's server? It's especially odd, because it's saying the server is online and has five people on right now.

EDIT: New message, here's a picture.

EDIT: Nvm, it's a problem with the Mojang servers. Nothing I can do.

EDIT: Aaaaand fixed.

Edited by Judge Alex Humva

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

4e5466b7dc69f1314154167_blog.jpg

So via some persuasion, computer tinkering, and a few illicit dealings, my computer now has wireless capability, and with it, server capability. Now, the kinks haven't been worked out and I still need to get port forwarding to work, but with any luck by the end of this week we will have a BZP Feed the Beast server.

voidstars.png

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

Confirm that the good doctor's server is fully operational, if presently offline.

Extreme Jungle near my initial spawn point, possible icy biome to the south.

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

4e5466b7dc69f1314154167_blog.jpgSo via some persuasion, computer tinkering, and a few illicit dealings, my computer now has wireless capability, and with it, server capability. Now, the kinks haven't been worked out and I still need to get port forwarding to work, but with any luck by the end of this week we will have a BZP Feed the Beast server.

This post has gained mad respect from me on a number of levels. :DBe sure to PM me if you want to test, I'm usually busy in the mornings but I SHOULD have afternoons free. :) Edited by Flipz

Me: *has idea*

Blade: "I'd say too convoluted, and I know too convoluted =P"

"Dangit, I shouldn't have gotten ambitious."

--Merc, RE: our plotting

Pokémon Rise of the Rockets Profiles: LINK

3DS FC: 3625-9584-9417 (Pokemon X Friend Safari: Electric-type, Pachirisu, Electabuzz, Zebstrika)

So via some persuasion, computer tinkering, and a few illicit dealings, my computer now has wireless capability, and with it, server capability. Now, the kinks haven't been worked out and I still need to get port forwarding to work, but with any luck by the end of this week we will have a BZP Feed the Beast server.

Yesssss! Thank you Humva! Which version of FTB are you going to use? The Direwolf20 or YogCraft packs would be my preference but FTB lite would be easiest on the serer.

Edited by The Invisible Noob

Speaking of being easy on the server, if we have access to Chunk Loaders, I'd really suggest none of us use them. Same for Xycraft stuff, those things can cause a lot of stress on a server.

CrazyFace-Copy.jpg

Even when trapped by Karma's cycle, the dreams we left behind will open the door! Even if the universe stands in our way,

our seething blood will determine what will be! We'll break through time and space, and defy all who would stop us to take hold of our path!

~

The problem is, we'd need chunk loaders for some things, like pumping lava out of the Nether. Unless someone REALLY wants to stand guard over the lava for like a week. =PAnd I like Xycraft... =/ But fine, if it comes to that, I'd give it up.Is Advanced Machines in? Tell me Advanced Machines are in.

It's vanilla Direwolf20 Blade. =P However, since the server is in beta, I'm completely open to people suggesting mods. I simply want to make it accessible enough that people don't have to go through too much trouble right now to join in.

Also, people, I have four more slots in the group PM. First come first serve; if you aren't in and want to be in, feel free to ask me to pop you in.

voidstars.png

Millenaire actually works really well with some of the stuff in FTB, though you probably need ID Resolver to make that combo work.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

I LIKE vanilla DW20, actually. My only suggestion might be to add NEI Mystcraft plugin, and maybe FlatBedrock since vanilla bedrock is annoying and obnoxious.

3DS FC: 3625-9584-9417 (Pokemon X Friend Safari: Electric-type, Pachirisu, Electabuzz, Zebstrika)

Hello. Someone decided to be a brat and leave a sign on my land. It said "Hey keep your hands off my land." Or something like. I don't entirely remember as I threw the sign into a cactus. But I am largely annoyed, enough that I'm actually posting. I would like to know who left that sign and why they left that sign. As I have not been on very often and am quite confused as to why this happened.

Hello. Someone decided to be a brat and leave a sign on my land. It said "Hey ###### keep your hands off my land." Or something like. I don't entirely remember as I threw the sign into a cactus. But I am largely annoyed, enough that I'm actually posting. I would like to know who left that sign and why they left that sign. As I have not been on very often and am quite confused as to why this happened.

That would have been me in return for leaving a sign saying you were the one who messed up my farms the first time. As for the ones now messing up my farms seriously cut it out I don't enjoy getting on and constantly finding it messed up again.

Edited by Emperor Sirius
I'm just ToaD

I have not messed up any farms. I have not been on lately and when I have I jump around my land without doing anything. I am bothered you would even think I would sink that low.

Whoever is using me as a scapegoat. I am deeply disappointed in you. I can't and won't do anything to you. I am just annoyed.

Frankly if these hostilities continue. I will leave.

I have not messed up any farms. I have not been on lately and when I have I jump around my land without doing anything. I am bothered you would even think I would sink that low.

Whoever is using me as a scapegoat. I am deeply disappointed in you. I can't and won't do anything to you. I am just annoyed.

Frankly if these hostilities continue. I will leave.

Apologies to you then, though honestly I find myself an idiot for thinking you actually would do something like that. Now then for feeling like a huge ##### for acting that way toward wilf and some other reasons I'm very much considering leaving.

I'm just ToaD

Over-territorial, much? >:-((Not you, sirius.)

Edited by Flipz

I don't see how borrowing someone's Iron Furnace is a problem, especially if (like me) you bring your own fuel and replant their spider-trampled crops for them when you see it.I don't like being treated like a griefer. I don't grief. I've never griefed. I don't like griefers, and I don't approve of griefing, or even PvP in general. I am the kind of guy who'll hand out spare iron to noobs (assuming I have SOME sort of stable setup already) just out of the niceness of my heart. Bottom line: if I am in the area, only good things will be happening to you. If you don't want me around, fine, but for the love of Mata Nui be nice about it, OK?(In case you can't tell, this isn't the first time something like this has happened to me. I'm kind of seriously annoyed at this point, especially because you guys of all people should KNOW me by this point, should know I'm not gonna screw up your stuff. Do I seriously come off like a 'cool dude'? Because I'm not. I don't think I could actually be a 'cool dude' if I tried, I'm just that nice of a person.)

Edited by Flipz

Im still waiting for Burn to come on so I can buy a god sword. How much is a god sword...?

BJvKYW4.png

P̴̡͘r̛̕a̵͟i̷͞s͢͠é̴̢̛̕ ̛͡t̴̶̨͞h͢҉̶e̢͟ ̸̢͢͠R͢é̷͏̶d̸͘͞ ̴͟͡͏͞a͞n̶̛̕̕҉d̶͠͞͞ ̶̡̧B̷̛l̀҉a҉̢́͟c̕͠k̢͠ ̶̸̡͟͢Ģ͞͝͏͝ó̕d̛͢͢͡͠.̧҉.̷̧̛͟͞.̀҉̴
̧̨̧̡

Minecraft username: furno5943

3DS Friend code: 5043 2524 8032

Attempts to graft Better Dungeons into ClagTech/Gutted FTB-Lite (Minecraft version - 1.4.7) have gone less than well. All items appear in NEI interface, suggesting some degree of success, but travel into as-yet-ungenerated terrain prompts the following error message, displayed on the standard crash page.

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: n must be positive

at java.util.Random.nextInt(Unknown Source)
at chocolate.mods.BD.WorldGenerator.generateBigDungeon(WorldGenerator.java:178)
at chocolate.mods.BD.WorldGenerator.generateSurface(WorldGenerator.java:121)
at chocolate.mods.BD.WorldGenerator.generate(WorldGenerator.java:43)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.registry.GameRegistry.generateWorld(GameRegistry.java:91)
at im.a(ChunkProviderServer.java:259)
at zz.a(Chunk.java:1266)
at im.c(ChunkProviderServer.java:153)
at il.<init>(PlayerInstance.java:47)
at ik.getOrCreateChunkWatcher(PlayerManager.java:167)
at ik.d(PlayerManager.java:338)
at gm.d(ServerConfigurationManager.java:220)
at iv.a(NetServerHandler.java:252)
at eb.a(SourceFile:136)
at cf.b(MemoryConnection.java:80)
at iv.d(NetServerHandler.java:136)
at iw.b(NetworkListenThread.java:57)
at bec.b(IntegratedServerListenThread.java:108)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.r(MinecraftServer.java:703)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.q(MinecraftServer.java:599)
at bdz.q(IntegratedServer.java:170)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:497)
at fy.run(SourceFile:849)

Assistance in interpreting this error message and, if possible, correcting the problem at the root of it, would be appreciated.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

The only broken thing I can get from that is some variable that the report calls "n" keeps coming out as negative.

Unfortunately, that could be anything. Literally.

Edited by Artezza Trigger

CrazyFace-Copy.jpg

Even when trapped by Karma's cycle, the dreams we left behind will open the door! Even if the universe stands in our way,

our seething blood will determine what will be! We'll break through time and space, and defy all who would stop us to take hold of our path!

~

So, is there anything I can do to fix it, or to narrow down what the source of the problem is?

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

I think posting it on the mods topic on the MCForums might work.

Meanwhile on Burn's server.... I got stuck in lava. Lagged out and quickly turned off my computer. About 6 hearts left. Tryed to tp to my lab, but missed out the slash and the lag (for me) made it so I couldn't go back and put in the /. Any chance of enabling keepinventory? Just so I dont ragequit and not come on for half a year. Its happened on one my SSP worlds( my first one) Though I was about to drown, exited and didn't come back.

BJvKYW4.png

P̴̡͘r̛̕a̵͟i̷͞s͢͠é̴̢̛̕ ̛͡t̴̶̨͞h͢҉̶e̢͟ ̸̢͢͠R͢é̷͏̶d̸͘͞ ̴͟͡͏͞a͞n̶̛̕̕҉d̶͠͞͞ ̶̡̧B̷̛l̀҉a҉̢́͟c̕͠k̢͠ ̶̸̡͟͢Ģ͞͝͏͝ó̕d̛͢͢͡͠.̧҉.̷̧̛͟͞.̀҉̴
̧̨̧̡

Gotten out. :D

I really should never mine with diamond and emerald on me...

BJvKYW4.png

̧̨̧̡

Ive just found my first ever natural no-at-spawn mushbiome! :DDD I wonder fits the same as someone found?

Also, MINE. *puts a claim around it.(not)*

BJvKYW4.png

̧̨̧̡

I'm of the belief that you shouldn't mess with anybody's stuff if you're going to be on their land, but I don't think that you should be outlawed from certain areas just because it is someone else's base.

Then get your random locked chest out of my house please. I'm trying to make more space.

Ive just found my first ever natural no-at-spawn mushbiome! :DDD I wonder fits the same as someone found?

Also, MINE. *puts a claim around it.(not)*

Which way from spawn? If you went from a desert, most of it is claimed,especially if its the desert at spawn.

-Rahkshi Guurahk
GENERATION 3: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
If I actually tried putting all the stuff I like on here, the sig would burst.

d1O9dXQ.png

(This banner is created by http://www.bzpower.com/board/user/59020-onaku/ )

A reminder to all interested that I am running a private Direwolf20 FtB server, and anyone interested in popping in should give me a PM. We're a little low on active players right now so a few more would be cool.

voidstars.png