The Official Minecraft Topic

Art, you party pooper. :c

Space would be awesome. Space stations. :3

At the very least, we should have one big epic moderator for all this, so people can have it without those who can barely run MC as-is losing the ability to play it.

- :burnmad:

A. ...

B. Yes, make it a mod.

C. please, please, please do this.

D. *cough* me *cough*

-Rahkshi Guurahk
GENERATION 3: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
If I actually tried putting all the stuff I like on here, the sig would burst.

d1O9dXQ.png

(This banner is created by http://www.bzpower.com/board/user/59020-onaku/ )

If I, say, started hosting my server again, what would you guys like me to do with it? I could keep it as a creative server, with the same world we had before; I could host some sort of game thing, like a PvP arena or something; I could do more than one thing at once, like have zones for survival, creative, PvP, etc; or I could do something else entirely. Thoughts?

Edited by Zrel

banner.jpg

Yes, I would like that. And I've been working on a project lately...:SurpriseI hope you like it.. (and that the image works, and that nothing goes horribly wrong, and so on.)(and I'll work on Ko- and Onu-Koro next. And I will remodel the building to my right, as it looks horrible right now. And World Edit it onto a world edited in mountain, and add terrain variation. And of any help could be given, I appreciate it. (and no donations, I want none until I start a server.) :P

Edit: Removed the spoiler tags because it was an iffy use of them; please keep them for storyline-related spoilers and such only.

-Wind-

Edited by -Windrider-

-Rahkshi Guurahk
GENERATION 3: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

d1O9dXQ.png

They could change the vertical size of the world again if they went back through and reworked some things to make them actually functional. They won't, because that's enough work to fill an entire update with, and certain people would complain about the lack of noticeable changes, others would complain that they didn't do it right, and still more would complain that they didn't devote the update to fixing their pet complaint.

So, basically, if it's barely working, don't fix it.

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

The only rules that come to mind are no griefing and a certain word that no one is allowed to say.

CrazyFace-Copy.jpg

Even when trapped by Karma's cycle, the dreams we left behind will open the door! Even if the universe stands in our way,

our seething blood will determine what will be! We'll break through time and space, and defy all who would stop us to take hold of our path!

~

And That Burnmad's is 1.5.2 still. (UPDATE ALRADY BUKKIT.)

-Rahkshi Guurahk

d1O9dXQ.png

And That Burnmad's is 1.5.2 still. (UPDATE ALRADY BUKKIT.)

I thought Bukkit did update to beta... then again, people may be using the Dev build and I can't tell.

Someone should set up a shop selling horse armour, name tags, saddles, etc as well once the server goes 1.6...

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

Well, we would have to search for a while to get the stuff to sell, as there's so few places on the map that we haven't explored yet within easy reach.

-Rahkshi Guurahk

d1O9dXQ.png

There's always creative mode... which can be used to spawn in the stuff.

Or, it could be you give someone stuff to "craft" the stuff (Such as giving someone 7 diamonds to give you 1 diamond horse armour). That could work.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

Hmm.

I don't suppose it's possible to properly ride a horse in Minecraft while aiming a bow, is it? If it's not, there goes my idea for Mongol archers.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

It is; you just have to aim up or to the sides, mostly. If you aim down or more straight ahead, you give the horse a rather tramatic experience that involves an arrow through it's skull. Not something I recommend. (They really need to make that not happen, as I think everyone's done that at LEAST once, expecting it to work as in, oh, say, Ocarina of Time or Twilight Princess.)

I have managed to turn the little 'call for backup' mechanic they built into zombies into an all-you-can-eat buffet. What makes it even better is that the food in question makes you get hungry again faster, thereby expanding the amount of food included under the heading of 'all you can eat.'

In short, zombies are now the most enthusiastic prey animal in Minecraft, and eerily reminiscent of a scene from the Restaurant at the End of the Universe.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

That's because they technically made it easier to mod, as soon as they all stop messing around and release the API already. Those resource packs will be how mods will be used in the future, as IIRC, I heard you'll be able to have multiple active at a time.

It's already easier to mod in a sense - you can have multiple .jar files, all with different mods. Actually installing them is indeed slower. What other problems are you experiencing?

Also, I'd like to see screenshots of this buffet. Could you use it to replicate zombies until you have a large army, then release them on the land? Maybe have them go through a tunnel that autoequips them with helmets so they never burn/despawn?

~Unit#phntk#1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLs-W-5PFTc

That piston door is absolutely...insane ._. an entire city of redstone for that thing.

Edited by Artezza Trigger

CrazyFace-Copy.jpg

Even when trapped by Karma's cycle, the dreams we left behind will open the door! Even if the universe stands in our way,

our seething blood will determine what will be! We'll break through time and space, and defy all who would stop us to take hold of our path!

~

*o*

That's quite high on the list of most impressive redstone contraptions I've seen. I can only think, in fact, of three I've ever seen that are more impressive than that. A screen that allows you to display whole words with pistons, a random maze generator, and an actual redstone computer.

It's already easier to moderator in a sense - you can have multiple .jar files, all with different mods. Actually installing them is indeed slower. What other problems are you experiencing?

Being unable to find the jar and the launcher taking its own sweet time starting.

I'm just ToaD

Burnmad's server is so lonely. come on please.

EDIT: and it's laggy for me.

Edited by rahkshi guurahk

-Rahkshi Guurahk

d1O9dXQ.png

Has anyone here tried out the Hexxit modpack?

I don't play it often, but its pretty nice.

CrazyFace-Copy.jpg

~

same here. I don't have much time to play it though.

-Rahkshi Guurahk

d1O9dXQ.png

in other news i finished my first pixel art today woohoo

let me just say i never realized how much i love the new stained clay blocks until now

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/josheek55/minecraft/pixelart/Deoxys/deopafin1.png

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/josheek55/minecraft/pixelart/Deoxys/deopafin2.png

i also took several other screenshots of the building process if any of you are interested. gallery's here(it should be public)

so yeah i'm happy with how it came out

Edited by squishyfrog

overlordsukapon.png

Funny how off-topic it gets us. :P NIce pixel art though.

-Rahkshi Guurahk

d1O9dXQ.png

Oh hey guys, shameless plug here! I am really close to finishing my map, and I am trying to get together some BZP beta testers! I am hoping to test Sunday night at some point, but it might be later if we can't fill up by then. Look here for more info!

On a more on-topic note, that looks really cool Squishy! Colored clay blocks are the best thing since attributes! =O

Based upon what Jeb_ has said, 1.7 has so far revealed: better Extreme Hills, And Clay hill thing, which people dubbed 'Disco hills' and Dinnerbone made a joke about. Also the ability to play much older versions.

Edited by rahkshi guurahk

-Rahkshi Guurahk

d1O9dXQ.png

Burn here has never played any of the recent games; he doesn't know who Deoxys is. =P

"recent games"? Deoxys is from Gen 3.

Based upon what Jeb_ has said, 1.7 has so far revealed: better Extreme Hills, And Clay hill thing, which people dubbed 'Disco hills' and Dinnerbone made a joke about. Also the ability to play much older versions.

Much older versions? As in, pre-Beta 1.0?

banner.jpg

And Burn's only played at most to Gen 2. =P Which is why I said that. =PThat would be kinda cool, admittedly; I never got to try some of the older stuff, so playing through it would be admittedly pretty fun. =)

Eh, I doubt it would. Just less features. Unless you like clay only in water, in deserts, where the x and z coords are the same, or, even earlier, "snow biomes" being the entire world, there's probably not been anything removed you'd wish wasn't. =P

Edited by Burnmad: Toa of Emoticons

Eh, I doubt it would. Just less features. Unless you like clay only in water, in deserts, where the x and z coords are the same, or, even earlier, "snow biomes" being the entire world, there's probably not been anything removed you'd wish wasn't. =P

RANA. BEAST BOY. THE TWO STEVES.

Me wanty see them. :3

BJvKYW4.png

P̴̡͘r̛̕a̵͟i̷͞s͢͠é̴̢̛̕ ̛͡t̴̶̨͞h͢҉̶e̢͟ ̸̢͢͠R͢é̷͏̶d̸͘͞ ̴͟͡͏͞a͞n̶̛̕̕҉d̶͠͞͞ ̶̡̧B̷̛l̀҉a҉̢́͟c̕͠k̢͠ ̶̸̡͟͢Ģ͞͝͏͝ó̕d̛͢͢͡͠.̧҉.̷̧̛͟͞.̀҉̴
̧̨̧̡

Minecraft username: furno5943

3DS Friend code: 5043 2524 8032

Pretty sure you can't even get to those versions. Those were survival test or something, weren't they?

Anyway, yeah, those are good, Blade. =P

ALSO

We are running 1.6.2 and stuff.

Edited by Burnmad: Toa of Emoticons