The Official Minecraft Topic

Anyone considering replacing one of our servers with a FTB server?

Specifically Zeene's server since it's the newer one and I'm guessing less stuff has been built on it.

It would give us more diversity than we have now and a reason to use both servers, over using only Burnmads as I'm doing right now.

Anyone considering replacing one of our servers with a FTB server?

Specifically Zeene's server since it's the newer one and I'm guessing less stuff has been built on it.

It would give us more diversity than we have now and a reason to use both servers, over using only Burnmads as I'm doing right now.

I'll second this, SO hard.

I'm also back, just finished my birch tree farm! (Follow the coastline into the desert--or, if you know where I'm building my house, it's a little ways away from the path between there and Blade's tower.) It's not perfect, but it works all right, and when carpets are added it'll be even better! The only downside is, you DO need bonemeal for it, tree growth is WAAAAY too slow. But feel free to use it, just be sure to replant when you're done! (Saplings and logs will appear in the chest beneath the stairs, thanks to the hopper, and if a sapling or a log gets stuck on a dirt block just stick a block on top of the dirt to push the items off into the water and then mine that block to get rid of it. ;-) )

Me: *has idea*

Blade: "I'd say too convoluted, and I know too convoluted =P"

"Dangit, I shouldn't have gotten ambitious."

--Merc, RE: our plotting

Pokémon Rise of the Rockets Profiles: LINK

3DS FC: 3625-9584-9417 (Pokemon X Friend Safari: Electric-type, Pachirisu, Electabuzz, Zebstrika)

(olook,Sisen is here)

I'm here. There. Everywhere!

Now that I have a couple months off from school... there is time for Minecraft again. Plus, I found out that my internet can support multiplayer without consuming too much data against my plan. You will see me floating around now and again.

bzprovince_zps0d5d507a.png

If you win, you live. If you lose, you die. If you don’t fight, you can’t win!

I'm planning on getting minecraft.

I'm considering getting a second laptop to just play minecraft on. But how much memory does the game take up. I want to avoid lag.

Also I do want to use mods with it. These are the mods I wish to use. Could anyone tell me if they are all compatible together.

To many items

Zoom mod- Lets you zoom in

Crafting guide mod

Sorting mod

Backpack mod

Timber mod

Rei's Minimap

Waypoints mod- Might be the same mods as Rei's minimap

Durability mod- Lets you see how many more uses your tools have.

Fampack Mod

Animal Bikes Mod

Capes Mod

Damage Indicator Mod

Auto Switcher Mod

And I might use either BicBiome Craft or Divine Rpg

:smiletol: I am Takanui Nuva. The Toa Nuva of Light :smiletol:
11.gifI also go by Baron Von Brickenstein 11.gif

AFOL, Gamer and overall nice person.

I've been playing on a server for a while now, and I'm pretty well established.

Nether quartz is absolutely busted for exp gaining. I've hit level 70 multiple times from just mining that stuff.

I've learned that MCMMO makes PVP lame, so I don't partake. We have a set up so you can enter PVP mode if you wish.

Player Heads is amazing though.

This topic so far

If a tree falls in a forest and we're too far away to hear it, did a tree fall?

Vs.

If a tree falls in a forest and we're too far away to hear it trees don't exist and never will.

So I guess I'm back. I claim that floating island on Burnmad's server - Burnmad knows which one. =P

Floating Island? =P I have a funny feeling I know which one you mean; but I request that you wait until Angel Island is actually, you know, finished before making a base there. Preferably above the volcano; I hear there's an awesome view of the whole island, and an optional way to reach space. =P

I'm considering getting a second laptop to just play minecraft on. But how much memory does the game take up. I want to avoid lag.

Also I do want to use mods with it. These are the mods I wish to use. Could anyone tell me if they are all compatible together.

To many items

Zoom moderator- Lets you zoom in

Crafting guide moderator

Sorting moderator

Backpack moderator

Timber moderator

Rei's Minimap

Waypoints moderator- Might be the same mods as Rei's minimap

Durability moderator- Lets you see how many more uses your tools have.

Fampack moderator

Animal Bikes moderator

Capes moderator

Damage Indicator moderator

Auto Switcher moderator

Well, a couple things first. One, get as much RAM as you can. That is the most used part of Minecraft.

Instead of the zoom moderator, I would get Optifine. It increases the speed of Minecraft and optimizes just about everything, and it has a zoom button built in! =D

As well, you can see the durability of all items as well as other information (Item ID, etc) just by hitting F3 and H in game. No mods needed! =D

I don't know about the compatibility with each other though, you will have to ask somebody else. *shrug*

I've been playing on a server for a while now, and I'm pretty well established.

Nether quartz is absolutely busted for exp gaining. I've hit level 70 multiple times from just mining that stuff.

I've learned that MCMMO makes PVP lame, so I don't partake. We have a set up so you can enter PVP mode if you wish.

Player Heads is amazing though.

MCmmo does make PvP exceptionally boring after a while, but it also makes me obscenely wealthy after a while, so I consider it a nice trade-off.

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

New snapshot has Coal Block.

And thus thousands of Minecrafters rejoiced.

Edited by Artezza Trigger

CrazyFace-Copy.jpg

Even when trapped by Karma's cycle, the dreams we left behind will open the door! Even if the universe stands in our way,

our seething blood will determine what will be! We'll break through time and space, and defy all who would stop us to take hold of our path!

~

To many items

Zoom moderator- Lets you zoom in

Crafting guide moderator

Sorting moderator

Backpack moderator

Timber moderator

Rei's Minimap

Waypoints moderator- Might be the same mods as Rei's minimap

Durability moderator- Lets you see how many more uses your tools have.

Fampack moderator

Animal Bikes moderator

Capes moderator

Damage Indicator moderator

Auto Switcher moderator

Well, a couple things first. One, get as much RAM as you can. That is the most used part of Minecraft.

Instead of the zoom moderator, I would get Optifine. It increases the speed of Minecraft and optimizes just about everything, and it has a zoom button built in! =D

As well, you can see the durability of all items as well as other information (Item ID, etc) just by hitting F3 and H in game. No mods needed! =D

I don't know about the compatibility with each other though, you will have to ask somebody else. *shrug*

Thanks. I'll go with getting a second laptop and maximize the Ram on it. And I'll use optifine.

Also which is better. Not enough items mod or the Crafting Guide mod.

:smiletol: I am Takanui Nuva. The Toa Nuva of Light :smiletol:
11.gifI also go by Baron Von Brickenstein 11.gif

AFOL, Gamer and overall nice person.

Yeah, I've actually considered shutting off pvp skills a few times. Coal block. So. Much. Freaking. Yes.Edit: You shouldn't need a crafting guide mod, especially considering there's an MC wiki. I'd go with NEI. Sorting modification is Inventory Tweaks, backpacks Iunno, Timber! is a must-have, Rei's has waypoints, durability, as Clag said, is in already, don't even know or want to know what Fampacks or Animal Bikes are, Capes are already in the game, unless it adds more, and makes them craftable, Damage Indicator Iunno, and Auto-Switcher, I suspect means that it replaces a used-up stack of items in your hotbar with one from your inventory, and that's Inventory Tweaks.

- :burnmad:

Edited by Burnmad: Toa of Emoticons

Yeah, I've actually considered shutting off pvp skills a few times. Coal block. So. Much. Freaking. Yes.Edit: You shouldn't need a crafting guide moderator, especially considering there's an MC wiki. I'd go with NEI. Sorting modification is Inventory Tweaks, backpacks Iunno, Timber! is a must-have, Rei's has waypoints, durability, as Clag said, is in already, don't even know or want to know what Fampacks or Animal Bikes are, Capes are already in the game, unless it adds more, and makes them craftable, Damage Indicator Iunno, and Auto-Switcher, I suspect means that it replaces a used-up stack of items in your hotbar with one from your inventory, and that's Inventory Tweaks.

Hey, that was me, not Clag. D=<

And y'all do realize that NEI has a crafting guide, right? xD

I'm not a real fan of PvP anyway, so meh. :P

Anyone willing to help move my tree farm to spawn and build more cells? Once carpets are available, it'll be even better. :) Do note that each cell requires a BUNCH of stacks of cobble.

3DS FC: 3625-9584-9417 (Pokemon X Friend Safari: Electric-type, Pachirisu, Electabuzz, Zebstrika)

...Apparently Zeene reset his server. All that work, gone down the drain. Thanks bro. Thanks.

As a matter of fact, I did not reset my server. The host has been giving us some trouble though, massive lag in certain parts of the world, and randomly resetting all server.properties-files. Seriously considering just moving to a different host right now.Though I just got back from an unplanned "holiday", and am just very, very tired right now, so I'll look into it tomorrow.

iquXD5X.png

lol

Yeah, iBrow, you're gonna need to back up to 1.5.1 to get on. Bukkit needs to get to a Beta build for 1.5.2 before I'm using it. Dev builds are really glitchy.

Anyway, anyone who wishes to populate Snowtopia (/warp Snowtopia), you're welcome (and encouraged) to do so. Anyone who doesn't... Well, you're just gonna miss out on the moneys.

For exactly two weeks, the construction of a nice-looking building that follows the architectural style of the warp house (to be determined by me and/or Clag) will be rewarded with diamonds (the amount also to be determined by me and/or Clag).

Speaking of which, I should probably get on there and do those archways I was talking about.

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Awww, 1.5.2 is't compatible with 1.5.1.

I feel your pain. I let my update and then found out it was compatible... Then I went ahead and download the 1.5.1 version again online, and it just keeps automatically updating to 1.5.2.

Supposedly the new launcher allows you to switch versions, so thats something. Haven't tried it out myself, though, since I think its still being worked on.

CrazyFace-Copy.jpg

Even when trapped by Karma's cycle, the dreams we left behind will open the door! Even if the universe stands in our way,

our seething blood will determine what will be! We'll break through time and space, and defy all who would stop us to take hold of our path!

~

Wait, they've set an official release time for 1.6?

Indeed so. It will be released at exactly 1:07 PM, GMT+1. Didn't say anything about the actual day,though.

I heard that it is going to be released May the 9th. I have no idea what year it was supposed to be, though.

Ragequit. Burned to death while trying to defuse a hidden lava pool that people were bound to fall into. >:(

Beyond trying to remove the new .jar file and downloading the 1.5.1 version again, there is not anyway to revert back? I have tried and Minecraft keeps doing an automatic download and update when I boot.