Tahkon And Lahka

Zarohum

Anyone remember the early, early Rahaga instruction booklets?So we all [might] know that Toa Norik and Iruini were originally going to be Toa Dume and Toa Nidhiki. And I JUST remembered that Rahaga Norik's original name was Tahkon and Iruini's Lahka. Their names appeared this way on at least the early Rahaga instruction booklets. Anyone else remember this? Anyone know why they changed the names?

Anyone remember the early, early Rahaga instruction booklets?So we all [might] know that Toa Norik and Iruini were originally going to be Toa Dume and Toa Nidhiki. And I JUST remembered that Rahaga Norik's original name was Tahkon and Iruini's Lahka. Their names appeared this way on at least the early Rahaga instruction booklets. Anyone else remember this? Anyone know why they changed the names?

I never knew any of this, it's quite cool. I don't own any Rahaga though. =/

SpecOperations9.jpg

Feel free to friend me!

i never knew they had other possible names. i must say i think it would have been really neat to have them with those names. oh if only prototypes could be sold like kongu inikas prototype mask

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Oh yeah, I bought all six Rahaga in late 2004, so all of mine had the instruction booklets with the other names. Pretty interesting that they had that, I think.The names were changed because they were preliminary, I guess. Nothing much to it.

Edited by Stocking Anarchy

AXKP5KC.png

i never knew they had other possible names. i must say i think it would have been really neat to have them with those names. oh if only prototypes could be sold like kongu inikas prototype mask

They were exactly the same except for the names.
oh i know that but they would have been cooler with thier prototype names

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

I didn't know that Norik and Iruini's names weren't their first names. I thought that 'Norik and Iruini' had always been their names. I like the prototype names, but I think the final names are better.But still, this is some very cool information.

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

If I recall correctly, Bomonga's name was Nuukor as well. I didn't know that Toa Iruini and Norik were going to be Lhikan and Nidhiki, though.Anyways, it would be interesting to find out if LEGO actually holds (or even held in the first place) the rights to those names. If so, that would mean that there would at least three more names that could be added to the dwindling name list...

Like most prototype things, they're cooler than their final counterparts. I have no clue why they changed the names, though ... copyright issue?

that could be a highly possible answer

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

• 2 weeks later...

Do we know when they started doing pre-approved lists of names? Given that they weren't used anywhere else it seems likely to me they were not yet run through legal, so this would be before the listing method was used, and had to be rejected due to legal issues.

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

• 2 weeks later...

Heh, I remember seeing those names on the booklet back in '05 and going "WHAAAAAAAT?"@Sumiki, I have to disagree for the name "Lahka". I much prefer Iruini; it seems more original to me, although it could just be that I'm a sucker for names with strange spellings. :P

Why are so many posts here saying the prototype names are better? Tahkon and Lahka sound like generic fan-character names, made with the oft-overused method of "Just use a bunch of 'H's and 'K's to create a BIONICLE name". Norik and Iruini are far more original and feel pleasant rolling off the tongue.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Oh! I remember these, I think from a topic a few years back, (I'm fairly sure) because I remember mine having the preliminary names as well. The reasoning, I'd assume, is either placeholder names, or names just changed to be less confusing.The Toa Dume and Toa Nidhiki make sense as well, it gives their design a bit more reasoning, and it also answers one of the reasons why Norik's Pehuki was shaped like a Kiril (other than the weird storyline reason I didn't prefer)

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg
 My Brickshelf, please don't copy!

... :t: :b: :m_o: :c:...

Looking for shiny Regirock, Articuno, and Virizion!

(Can trade most any legendary for them!)

My 3DS friend list is full, sorry!

• 2 weeks later...