As for the stickers, I can't imagine that being too expensive to produce (if it's last names only), but they do have a fairly large repertoire of names, so I can see the impracticality of it.

Oh, what I was speaking of was that printing it would send the price skyrocketing. Yes, it would certainly also be more impractical if they had to do that for all of the names.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

I didn't buy any. But for Christmas? I just may. Also, $13 U.S.D. isn't too bad, if it includes shipping.

jimistringer.png

Why are orange and black such a good color Combination ? Purple is pretty, and so is blue. Pink hurts your eyes, green is quite mellowing, black is very threatning, red is cool, orange is SO awesome, yellow's hard to read... But you can't see white at all! Oh, wait. I forgot brown.

Here's my thoughts: If a person tells the truth and says, " I always lie," Is he lying? Or is he telling the truth? And what has a mouth, but no head, and a body, but no torso? Do caterpillars like to tend to supporting colum of stone's every need? Or is that name misleading by nature? Speaking of nature, why are the children of animals called offspring? don't many young beasts come alive in spring, and thus, should be called onspring? Heeeeeeyy..... I got the first post on a page for the first time. Who knows; it may happen again. What the... It did happen again... and again...

YEAH! I'M ENCOUNTERING PROTODERMIS!

I think Hero Recon Team is a wonderful idea, and it's obviously quite popular. It's currently the tenth most popular item on shop.LEGO.com, far above other customizable products like the regular DesignByMe service using LEGO Digital Designer or the online Pick-A-Brick service.Incidentally, Hero Recon Team is a part of the DesignByMe service, formerly LEGO Factory. Thus, all of the parts on it are available on DesignByMe mode of LEGO Digital Designer, or via the online Pick-A-Brick. The chest plate was previously exclusive to Hero Recon Team and not these other services, but that's no longer available for purchase. Pick-A-Brick is nowadays probably a better value than getting a hero as a parts pack, but it obviously doesn't include the nifty box or custom building instructions of Hero Recon Team. LEGO Digital Designer allows for more customization of the model and box, but the box won't be Hero Factory themed and the greater freedoms come at an elevated cost-- the Pick-A-Brick price of each part, plus a 25% surcharge for each piece and a flat $10 surcharge for the item as a whole.Unfortunately, the creative limitations and price tag have dissuaded me from getting any heroes through Hero Recon Team so far. I think a wider range of names would be cool-- even if there weren't any obvious female names, there could still be gender-neutral names like "Sam" (Samuel or Samantha) and "Alex" (Alexander or Alexandra). I wouldn't mind seeing my own name on there, either.

Unfortunately, the creative limitations and price tag have dissuaded me from getting any heroes through Hero Recon Team so far.

Wait a second there bud. You my good friend have told me in person that $13 isn't bad for the customizations and personalizations you get from it. ;) The price is fine in my opinion. $13 is about the same price as next year's heroes. Yeah, and you get your own personal hero with this, and you get a custom instruction book, and can use this hero in Mission 2: Ordeal of Fire. I think it's a fine price, and obviously many people agree, because as you said, it's the tenth most popular product on the LEGO Shop website. :)

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

Unfortunately, the creative limitations and price tag have dissuaded me from getting any heroes through Hero Recon Team so far.

Wait a second there bud. You my good friend have told me in person that $13 isn't bad for the customizations and personalizations you get from it. ;) The price is fine in my opinion. $13 is about the same price as next year's heroes. Yeah, and you get your own personal hero with this, and you get a custom instruction book, and can use this hero in Mission 2: Ordeal of Fire. I think it's a fine price, and obviously many people agree, because as you said, it's the tenth most popular product on the LEGO Shop website. :)
The price is a fine value for the package, yeah. But it's not good enough for me to cash in for sets that I don't actually need. After all, I have no shortage of Hero Factory parts, and if I wanted more I'd probably use PaB. So Hero Recon Team isn't really useful to me unless I can come up with a Hero design unique enough and attractive enough to justify the price tag. So far, all my Hero designs have just been goofing around with what parts look good together, and I haven't had the patience to put together something really creative.

The price is a fine value for the package, yeah. But it's not good enough for me to cash in for sets that I don't actually need. After all, I have no shortage of Hero Factory parts, and if I wanted more I'd probably use PaB. So Hero Recon Team isn't really useful to me unless I can come up with a Hero design unique enough and attractive enough to justify the price tag. So far, all my Hero designs have just been goofing around with what parts look good together, and I haven't had the patience to put together something really creative.
I need to order Meiko 1.0 (Gary Stealth Shadow in the gallery :P), Jason 1.0, and Ethan 1.0. You can find these guys in my Brickshelf Gallery if you want.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

I haven't looked at it personally, but I do think it's a brilliant idea. It also really helps sell the "factory" idea of Hero Factory, as somebody mentioned earlier. One of my younger cousins has made and ordered two Heroes, and he absolutely loves them. Had a lot of fun just designing them even. I'm not surprised at all that it's a big hit. ~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

Here's a good question.....If the Black and Silver chest plate is out of production, why is it still available in Hero Recon?

sailor_moon_banner.jpg

Tired of broken BIONICLE sets? Support the Remolded Sockets Service Pack project by Kon1 on CUUSOO http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/17500

Want more female characters to stand with you BIONICLE or HF collection? Support Bunyip's Constraction Line for Girls project on CUUSOO http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/6801

Here's a good question.....If the Black and Silver chest plate is out of production, why is it still available in Hero Recon?

Well, the majority of the process is actually just designing the Hero; they wanted to leave the option for people who wanted to create a Hero with it, even if they can't order it. Plus, if they ever decide to bring it back, it would be easier to leave the option on than to reinstall it, presumably. It is sad, though, that they don't have the chest plate available anymore. I'm glad I ordered two Heroes with it.

Well, the majority of the process is actually just designing the Hero; they wanted to leave the option for people who wanted to create a Hero with it, even if they can't order it. Plus, if they ever decide to bring it back, it would be easier to leave the option on than to reinstall it, presumably. It is sad, though, that they don't have the chest plate available anymore. I'm glad I ordered two Heroes with it.
It would also have to be kept in the database for the heroes that have already been designed with it. ;)

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

I like building with the Hero Recon, but the piece limit is rather annoying, if it allowed just 2 or 3 more pieces it would be fine I think.

You know that they have extended the piece limit with the update to the Hero Creator. Instead of the piece limit being at 31 pieces, it is now at 35 pieces. ;)

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

I've bought 4 (though 2 of them where Merrick 2.0 and 3.0), and they are definitely worth it. Especially if you're buying more than one at a time or Pick-a-Brick parts with it. Jason King (the one with the most backstory so far) and the Vision (didn't notice I ripped off Marvel for the name but this is the one I roleplay with when making stories) are my two. And I've got one more designed that I plan to order when I finish another one. And Kalhiki, do you have any pictures of the Lucas Valor Hero you've made? I'd like to see that one. :)

Lucas Valor (I tried to keep the colors reminiscent of the original combiner model):http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/kalhiki/HeroFactory/hrtlucasvalor.pngI wonder if they'll put the new parts from the 2012 Heroes in HRT. I'd love to make a custom Hero with those round shoulder armor pieces.Kalhiki

mrdark2.png

You're Doomed, Rayman!

Boy! I just love it when my computer doesn't tell me when my battery is getting low!

(that's sarcasm, by the way)

• 2 weeks later...

i have made and copied about 15 heroes. my favorite is alexander machine gunner, the awesome purple red gunner X3

so...this is...my sig...

i'll put some stuff here soon...

don't really know why i'm typing this...

i'm so pathetic...

it's bulk 3.0 time!

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Ehthak/HFChibis/bulk3.0.swf

props to Xidash for the sig, got it from the epig sigpet shop!

• 4 weeks later...

I'd like to see some other features in it, like piece rotation (for armor pieces especially) and other similar tools...

LDD lets you do all that but the Heros end up costing over $20.

I rejected Hero Recon in favor of the vastly superior Pick-a-Brick. Not only is it significantly cheaper, but it also includes no limitations, and offers a much better piece selection. The only downside is that you can't get the exclusive chest piece, which now is unavailable anyways. Unless you have a insatiable desire for custom packaging, Pick-a-Brick really is the way to go.0101010 BC 01001011.

PaB may be cheaper but Hero Recon is more for kids that want the story to go with their toys.

The figure I ordered, "Peter the Stone", is awesome. I hope to post some pictures of him in an MoC topic someday.

Ha that means "Stone the Stone"!

At some point you realize that you are but a speck in the Universe.

That you time in this worlds is but a blink.

You see the whole of reality as it unfolds before you.

You try to see how far you can reach, and it’s not that far past your face.

But then you come back from the brink.

You hold them in your arms again.

And you know that you are where their world begins.

You are their rock.

I'd like to see some other features in it, like piece rotation (for armor pieces especially) and other similar tools...

LDD lets you do all that but the Heros end up costing over $20.

I rejected Hero Recon in favor of the vastly superior Pick-a-Brick. Not only is it significantly cheaper, but it also includes no limitations, and offers a much better piece selection. The only downside is that you can't get the exclusive chest piece, which now is unavailable anyways. Unless you have a insatiable desire for custom packaging, Pick-a-Brick really is the way to go.0101010 BC 01001011.

PaB may be cheaper but Hero Recon is more for kids that want the story to go with their toys.

The figure I ordered, "Peter the Stone", is awesome. I hope to post some pictures of him in an MoC topic someday.

Ha that means "Stone the Stone"!
LOL! You're right! I didn't think of that till now. :POh, and Binary, where can I find this Pick-a-Brick?I've made a couple of other heroes, but I'm not sure if I should order them any time soon (being frugal is not a crime :P)

My Comedies: The Krika Show (Season 1)
The Krika Show Season 2 

You are their rock.

I was going to, but the $13 USD didn't seem worth it.

I think it's worth it because it's easier that PaB and cheaper than DbM or buying the sets that would be required to make a Recon Hero. Edited by Smitty

You are their rock.

Yes, I can somewhat agree for the naming system; it is limited, but it has good intent and reasons for that. LEGO's main focus is toward children and young adults, so they need to moderate what will be seen by people. It's the same reason why just about any site has limitations and regulations—so that they can protect peoples rights to censorship. This could easily get into a dispute about first amendment rights to Americans, but I don't want this to go in that direction. It's an annoying regulation, but you need to keep in mind that it is for a good and valid reason. ;)

I get why, but couldn't they have just put a filter on words they din't want kids to use? Or at least add a little more variety?The website as a whole, though, is fantastic, especially after the 3.0 update. I really, really hope they update it with 4.0 and some superhero parts; that would be great.

Thank you, BZPower staff. In the past, I wish I showed more appreciation for all that you do. From one Bionicle fan to another, thank you.

I have made a good deal of Heroes with this software, and applaud the 3.0 improvements. I have yet to purchase heroes using this service due to lack of funds at the moment. I might be more inclined to purchase a custom hero using this than Pick-a-brick simply because it probably included a canister to store the set. Or will that be changing, due to the change in 4.0 packaging?

I have made a good deal of Heroes with this software, and applaud the 3.0 improvements. I have yet to purchase heroes using this service due to lack of funds at the moment. I might be more inclined to purchase a custom hero using this than Pick-a-brick simply because it probably included a canister to store the set. Or will that be changing, due to the change in 4.0 packaging?

Actually, the custom heroes came in a generic Hero Recon Team box. However, it did include a sticker and personalized building instructions.

Actually, the custom heroes came in a generic Hero Recon Team box. However, it did include a sticker and personalized building instructions.
Thanks for the clarification.

I get why, but couldn't they have just put a filter on words they din't want kids to use?

If you ever get a DbM set they let you type in what ever you want but they tell you not to put things you don't your mother to see.Mrs. Smitty just ordered me a DbM set and a Hero Recon set and some PaB parts for Christmas. I'll post my thought on them once I get them in hand in about a week... Edited by Smitty

You are their rock.

you guys probably already know this but if not there are now female names in the recon hero creator

sailor_moon_banner.jpg

Tired of broken BIONICLE sets? Support the Remolded Sockets Service Pack project by Kon1 on CUUSOO http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/17500

Want more female characters to stand with you BIONICLE or HF collection? Support Bunyip's Constraction Line for Girls project on CUUSOO http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/6801

you guys probably already know this but if not there are now female names in the recon hero creator

That's good "Queen" as been a last name option for as long as I've used it.

You are their rock.

Nice! It's about time. It's also nice that there's a wide variety of new names rather than just a couple. I would never have expected this so soon, before we even got a new parts palette update!

Nice! It's about time. It's also nice that there's a wide variety of new names rather than just a couple. I would never have expected this so soon, before we even got a new parts palette update!
I'm sure it's easier to add names that it is to add parts. All they have to do is print a name for parts they need to have them is stock and enough of then that they don't run out too soon and that they can get them shipped with in 10 -14 days.

You are their rock.

Anyone hope there'll be an update with the Breakout parts? I'd love to see what kind of Heroes I could make wih some of those wonderful new pieces.Kalhiki

mrdark2.png

You're Doomed, Rayman!

Boy! I just love it when my computer doesn't tell me when my battery is getting low!

(that's sarcasm, by the way)