Waves Of The South

IC: Tanika"Sure, if the thief is Midnight then he, I mean she, won't strike again tonight," Tanika said. "and if the thief is not Midnight then the he/she will be cought by my traps."

"I once thought that I was the only one who fantasized about Bionicle; that no one else could have that little of a life.

Then I went on BZPower.

biofighter_banner_platform.png

Just call me Taka or TNI

IC: Keran | Misty IslandKeran was getting very annoyed at all this fog. It was getting hard to see the rust on the chain, and he had the end of the chain in his hand. After staring and squinting to very little effect he got tired of the effort and raised his free hand in the air, releasing a gust of wind in all directions that dispersed the fog across several yards. Then he got back to the chain. He didn't know the first thing about metalwork and couldn't tell a brand-new chain from one with a coat of spitshine, but rust he knew well enough, and there was quite a bit of it. Especially where the chain had snapped. It looked like someone had chained the poor beast up and just left it there to survive on whatever was foolish enough to head its way. Which, judging by the bones, was quite a few creatures.^^H-D^^

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth
Are any of us only saints or sinners

Or is it always Red versus Blue?

Sakrinil / Aboard Thistle at the Docks with Draque, Jaliax, and Astral/ IC:“I have no objections,” Villy said to Astral, a crooked grin lighting her face, “Our captain just needs to learn to plan ahead. He used to be so good at it.” The irony here was that Villy had rarely planned ahead a day in her life since her transformation. “If you had a night fishing license, we could leave, but you know that. He doesn’t have one, does he, Jaliax?”Villy looked at the dark blue Matoran who she had known just about as long as Draque. She too had once been with the Coast Guard, but retired and opened a clinic on the docks. Few and sparse were the days where Villy wouldn’t hear Jaliax shouting at patients. Now it looked as if the Matoran was ready to move on to adventure as well. Things were definitely looking up. Her captain and doctor were both old friends. Nothing could get much better than that.Now, Astral, he was something else. A tall silver and turquoise Toa the likes of which she had never seen before. She didn’t know his name yet, but that would come later. After all, they had all night to talk to each other and get some rest before their voyage the next day. Villy couldn’t immediately place his power, and she wondered if he had been changed like her, but that was ridiculous. He probably hadn’t even heard of Xia, let alone been there once upon a time like she had.Yawning, Villy realized the weight on her body. Oh, right, all of her gear and odds and ends. She needed to stow them away before she forgot about it… again. She would just wait for a lull in the conversation and as Draque then.As for Draque, she had stopped studying him. He seemed different from when she had last seen him, but as of right now, Villy wasn’t sure whether it was different in a good way or not. But underneath, he was the same cocky Toa she knew from the Coast Guard.Sakrinil / Unnamed Inn / IC:Hreik cringed at his last words. He couldn’t help it. And by Crentis’ quick glance at Zenonia, Hreik could tell that didn’t help Crentis with whatever he was trying to pull. But no words were directed at him, and so Hreik fully closed the door and continued down the hall, this time listening intently at the door he chose.Yeah, no one in there for sure. Hreik turned the doorknob, glad it turned in his grip. The door opened to reveal the empty room he was hoping for. Quietly closing the door behind himself, Hreik went over the window and was tempted to grin. But he didn’t, and instead stepped right up on the windowsill and outside, morphing through the glass like it was just a mucus membrane.He turned and jumped, catching what was left of the roof. It was a good thing he had a lot of upper body strength. Taking a deep breath, Hreik hoisted himself up onto the roof, quickly scanning the other roofs that were around him. If his follower was real, he would see him, unless he ducked behind some object like a chimney or slanted roof.And even then, Hreik had hopefully surprised his follower with his stunt of getting atop the roof as well, giving the follower less of a time to hide before Hreik spotted him. What Hreik would do if he found out he did have a tail he didn’t know, but he did know that needed to get moving along to Yowrik’s villa before dusk became full night. After that it would be another day at the docks, scouting out loot, and then off to sell his information, leaving behind Sakrinil for awhile.That was the plan, but his potential follower might through a wrench into that plan. As he turned, scanning, Hreik pulled up his hood, obscuring part of his peripheral vision, but once again hiding his identity. That had actually been a mistake on his part; he should have had it up before he went out the window.

-----------------------------

--------- “BRUH” -Makuta, probably ---------

IC: Krissuk: Sakrinil:Krissuk waited alone on the rooftop. He had sent Aiolos down into the bar to keep an eye on Hreik. When the toa emerged onto the roof, he scrambled behind a chimney. For a minute, he had thought the toa wasn't coming onto the roof. After a moment, he peeked from out behind the chimney, and likely would have been seen if Hreik hadn't been pulling his hood up. He waited another ten seconds or so, then looked again.

[GM]IC/L: Misty IslandThere was something incredibly strange about the whole thing with the Muaka.The chain wasn't rusted. It hadn't snapped. At least, not like if a Muaka had broken it. The thing seemed well oiled and well made. No, the chain wasn't damaged at all. In fact, it looked as if something had just unhooked the chain and got out of there as fast as it could. And probably very, very recently.IC: Natives / Forgotten IslandHetgar grunted. "Why are you pointing all of your fingers at me?"After a somewhat odd moment, he let out a laugh, turned and knelt down. The shaking of hands was somewhat awkward when the hand could also pick you up and hurl you across the field, but it still happened.He still had no idea what he was doing, but Vilthra had given him the basic idea by skimming it off of Salvinn's mind. No matter how strange it was.OOC: These guys might be alright. But maybe the other guys are even nicer. Or maybe there's good guys and bad guys on both sides. Maybe both leaders are terrible. Or maybe they're both great. Hard to know, isn't it, just judging people from one side?-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

IC: Keran | Misty IslandKeran didn't know the first thing about metalwork and couldn't tell a brand-new chain from one with a coat of spitshine, but rust he knew well enough, and there wasn't any on here. Not even a spot where the chain stopped. It wasn't even broken - in fact, there seemed to be a link here with a hinge. A well-oiled hinge. "You guys should see this," he called over his shoulder at the others. "This muaka thing just turned into a mystery." He couldn't quite keep the exitement out of his voice at this last part.^^H-D^^

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth
Are any of us only saints or sinners

Or is it always Red versus Blue?

OOC: I'm personally expecting the other side to seem better at first (Nicer, not threatening to have us executed for seeking refuge, maybe not even having slaves), but have dark secrets that show them to actually be terrible people. Maybe cannibalism? That would definitely be interesting. =PAs for the leaders, I think they'll be a couple of losers. =PIC: Artorre: Forgotten Island:"How far are we from your city?" Artorre asked. "I look forward to seeing it, and even more so, meeting your Thane."

[GM]IC: Natives / Forgotten Island"I doubt that he shall wish to meet with you." Hetgar replied. "At least, not as a warrior to a warrior. For now, you have yet to show you are a person - not as an insult, mind you, but in the way our people see things. You're just an asset, for now. A weapon, a tool.""Just like you to apologize to an outsider." Vilthra said, shaking her head."We're about halfway to the city. Luckily we haven't been met with any enem-""Trouble." Vilthra said, stopping the group. "I can sense them. I don't know where but..."Malok, too, was sensing something. The ground here was so saturated with metals that he hadn't noticed it, but now, as it came closer, he could feel as if something was moving under the ground. The two Toa of Fire could feel heat if they searched for it, but there had been no reason before. Others might have other ways, but it was definitely too late.The ground began shaking, and a massive explosion sent dirt and debris flying from the ground on the right hand side of the group. Three other beings, all with silver armor much like them and differing secondaries, all jumped from the ground above, their great strength allowing them to make the leap with ease."Whoo! That little Matoran mine sure was cramped!" one of the beings said, his mask another unknown. It appeared to have just been deactivated, judging by the fading glow - some sort of explosive or fragmentation. In his hands, he held what appeared to be two giant pickaxes.His first accomplice appeared to be wearing a Ruru, and held in one hand a scimitar and the other a small shield. The second wore another strange mask, and he held two weapons that could best be described as trench spikes."But what do we have here?" he asked, as Hetgar, Vilthra, and the third all readied their weapons. "Toa! Here! Why, the true King will want to know about this for sure, won't he?"OOC: Six characters. Five male, one female. That way it feels just like Bionicle.Also: I don't like them. They seem crazy. That means they must be the bad guys. Plus, the first people you meet are always the desperate good guys.Wait. None of them are desperate at all.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

IC-Cotan:Cotan allowed himself a slight smile."There are some who don't consider him the paragon of our trade, Sorlan," he said calmly, "And I would be one of them. Were he truly such a great diplomat, he would have the skills to make everybody happy, so that this rebellion would not have happened." He stood quickly, giving Sorlan a slight bow."I think I might see to going over to Frumus-that, or I may pay a visit to the Shimmering Palace myself, I have a few contacts there I have not spoken to in a while. Good day, Sorlan." With that, he turned, and strode out the door of Sorlan's office.

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC (Misty Island): After finally getting a good look at it, Lesvera also noticed the peculiar quality of the chain. While this made Keran excited, it only made her nervous. She started to study the ground, trying to find where the rahi had originally come from. She eventually found it, but it only led deep into the mist, as usual for this island..."The Muaka appears to have come from that direction," Lesvera said as she pointed toward one of the clouds of fog, "I suggest that we don't go that direction until we can scout out the area. But we'll need to get out of this mist to do that..."She trailed off as she stared straight up towards the sky. She had an idea, but she wanted Alfon's opinion first.

Credits: Xanis

"Don't Panic."

IC:Kot Kot hesitantly stepped onto the muddy shore of Yheyn. He he began to travel throughout Yheyn in order to find some mercanary business.OOC: Kot can be interacted with.

"EXTERMINATE"-Dalek #1 to #3458271

If you have a self MOC you would like me to build just PM me and I'll make it as long as I have the pieces.

3DS Friend Code: 4699-6562-6279

Pokemon Y safari: Audino, Dunsparce and Chansey

IC: LalarLalr continued to read.OOC: Turtleman, you don't use your BZPRPG profile to play waves of the south. You need to make a new one, or submit that one to the discussion topic, and then the profiles topic, which can be found here http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?showtopic=5705 and here http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?showtopic=5707 respectivelyOOC: Open for interaction

Sakrinil / Aboard Thistle at the Docks with Draque, Jiliax, and Astral / IC:“I’ve been doing good,” Villy said, knowing that “well” was the word to use, but happily not caring, “Obviously, since I haven’t paid you a visit for awhile, Doctor. How have you been?” And that was definitely true. Villy had done a good job in past years to minimize her injuries while working. She had been honing her powers a lot, recently, and had definitely grown with Slow above her other powers.She readjusted her satchel and said to Draque before he went for his guitar, “One sec, Jil. Hey, Draque, where should I dump my stuff? And you know I can always put you to sleep if need be.” And like she had thought earlier in the day, it was unfortunate that she couldn’t actually use her powers on herself. Or rather, wasn’t going to risk using her powers on herself. Not that it had resulted in any sleepless nights, but it still would have been nice to fall into REM sleep immediately so she could get to her awesome dreams immediately.But that was all beside the point. Right now she was getting rather tired herself as night quickly approached, and she wanted to get her stuff put away before she just fell asleep standing up. Not that she was that sleepy yet, but she was sure she would forget and then wake up with sore shoulders. And that was no way to begin an adventure, with something to give you negative thoughts.What was it about falling asleep in a weird position that gave you sore body parts when you could be in that same position for days, waiting or working, and not feel a thing? Just one of the many mysteries of the universe, Villy supposed, adjusting one of her belts, cinching it a little bit tighter. One of those things that she would always wonder about, but never find out its truth. Well, think about it at night, when she was carrying a large weight.OOC: Hreik post later.

--------- “BRUH” -Makuta, probably ---------

IC: [Su'un Kanad] - Takea TankardsSu'un chuckled, "Oh, it's a grand place. One half of it is largely icy and mountainous, and the other is fairly volcanic. We all would've died off with a climate like that if the two conflicting biomes hadn't produced a fairly fertile valley in the middle of those."Taking another drink, he added, "Mata Nui, I miss it..."IC: [Doriana Calam] - Azure Thunder"Well, let's get going, in that case," the Toa replied, picking up one of the crates, and heading up the gangplank.-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

OOC: Okay, I can't have Crentis sit around this long. Darkon when (if...) you return, just continue Zenonia's conversation where it left of on page 40.IC (Sakrinil): Crentis eventually exited the room and softly closed the door behind him. The conversation had been interesting to say the least, and he wasn't sure what the final outcome would be. With that in mind, he needed to make sure that he had a backup plan; and that involved Hreik.The Prime left the inn and stepped onto the swiftly darkening streets. With dusk's arrival came the fact that the shipyards would be closed. He hoped that he wouldn't require a swift exit from the city. Well, that wasn't true; he was almost praying that he would have to leave quickly, just to watch the subsequent mayhem that such an escape would cause.Looking around the area, he caught sight of a familiar black outfit; now what was Hreik doing up there? No matter, he would just have to follow him. Crentis began a slow jog through the alleys of Sakrinil, trying to keep the roof-bound Toa in sight. With no real reason to suspect anything, the Prime didn't bother to hide himself as well.IC (Great Library): "Perfect," Quorvex said, "Although, what's your name, Toa..?""Tanika," the Toa replied."Tanika; alright. Anyway, both of you should go home and pack. You'll be limited to a backpack reach, so take only the essentials. If I can spin my report correctly, I should be able to convince Sarillia to give us everything else that we'll need. Meet me at Takea Tankards tomorrow morning, okay?"While he waited for his companions to reply, Quorvex took the time to look at the other parts of the library. He could see another Toa in one corner, reading a book and looking quite bored. As suspiciously convenient as it seemed, he would ask her next.

Edited by Tafu

Credits: Xanis

"Don't Panic."

IC[Myr[Azure Thunder]]:Myr had a few bags of widgets in his hand. He looked at the violet and ebony Toa carrying a crate up the gangplank. Something about them suggested that they belonged to the Xankah Order. He stood, placing most of his weight on his cane and remaining foot. "How much will we owe you once you've got all of this loaded onto this fine vessel?"

IC: Alfon (Misty Island)Excited was probably the wrong word for it and so was nervous as well. It was more that he was puzzled, intrigued by such an unusual situation. Keran's wording matched it perfectly: this was a mystery. One they could solve hopefully since things of the sort turned out to be a much bigger deal than they would seem at first. Usually."I doubt the mist is going to dissipate any time soon unless we can manage to reach higher ground, like say the mountains. Looks to be covering the whole island so I think we'll have to make do with it." Alfon began, turning to Lesvera. "We should scout the area though to check up for any hazards or things to be aware of. If we do follow the direction the Muaka came from, Lesvera and I could scout ahead with our masks before we move as a group, but keeping you nearby. It would minimize risks. Of course, I can understand if you don't want to do that, Lesvera."

IC: SakrinilArk returned to his regular form. He had lost the thief and he was not happy about that."Darn. I lost him." Said the shapeshifter, his hollow, synthetic sounding voice still conveyed his feelings of anger.IC: Sakrinil DocksAstral felt awkward as the crew members left and he was still aboard the ship."Oh my name is Astral." Said the Toa, having forgot to introduce himself, he felt that was slightly rude. "So should I be leaving?"IC: Forgotten IslandBellum continued to stay quiet these beings were... strange. One moment they acted one way and the next another. She didn't want to talk, she didn't know what might set them off and she just didn't want to bother.Maelstrom walked with the group. He was startled by the sudden appearance of the other beings. He was unsure if they where hostile or friendly. But guessed that since he wasn't dead that they must be at least slightly friendly.IC: SakrinilVim stood on the beach. Everyone seemed to be gone so she thought it was a safe time to practice her powers.Electricity flowed from her fingers and into the air. She then focused on it. The electricity danced around in the air in front of her and then she reabsorbed it.She focused on a boat off in the distance. Nothing happened. So she focused harder and harder but she could not get her mask to obey. And then she gave up.In a moment of anger she plunged the area around her into darkness. "Dang! Now I can't see." She muttered angrily as she waited for the light to return it its natural state.

IC (Malok, Brutaka's Homeland): The sudden appearance of more giants startled Malok, and he became even more wary when they started talking. They didn't seem too friendly, but at least they weren't attacking... yet. He kept his sword in its sheath for now, not wanting to provoke anything, but he readied his elemental powers to defend himself at moment's notice. If these three were followers of Astorond, things might get ugly.

ppg2.png

IC: Artorre: Forgotten Island:"But what do we have here?" Artorre mocked as he drew his sword, "Outnumbered members of the opposition! Here!" His sword ignited, although he waited for someone else to make the first move.

[GM]IC: Natives / Forgotten Island"You'd best be crawling back into your hole, Retiak." Hetgar replied coldly, his pole axe at the ready as he stared into the eyes of his enemy. "You and your so-called 'thane' are going to lose this war, and now we have help.""Yes, I can see that." the one apparently named Retiak responded. He looked to Artorre. "So, we're the opposition? My, my, Hetgar, I never knew you had a talent for spreading lies. How did you convince them to go with you?""Because they acknowledge that Khalvar is the one who truly deserves to rule the island.""Oh? So let me get this straight. A bunch of foreigners show up on our island. You think you can gain access to whatever powers they have and turn them on us. Act the tough guy, show that you mean business, but try to be somewhat helpful or friendly so they like you. And once you're done, then what? You kill them off?""Send them home.""As if.""Unlike you, we have no reason to hide behind false truths.""But you will hide behind foreigners, of course.""You think of us as cowards for accepting aid?""No, I think that you're a coward who is also accepting aid. Completely different.""And you would not?""No, but I'm not a coward either. That's why I just tunneled into your territory, through your mines, and blew up your ground to your side. I could have blown it out from under you. You could be dead. But that would be no fun, now would it?""Your talking is ceasing to amuse me, Retiak.""Of course." the newcomer said standing tall as he looked over the group of Toa. He then directed to them, "Why are you working with him, Toa? Because you met them first? This isn't some storybook. You're not the hero, and you didn't show up to save our people. You didn't just so happen to meet up with the good guys. That isn't how the real world works."Hetgar scoffed. "You think you'll turn them against us? Unbelievable. You're trying to turn them against us right in front of us!""And why not?" Retiak responded. "I'm not afraid to speak my mind, or perhaps give them a chance to go along with us. They're not slaves, and they have free will. Of course, I might be too late.""You're always too late, and always will be." Hetgar replied. "The Toa are coming with us, to our city. They are going to join us, and we're going to crush your city and capture Astorond by the weeks end.""Patience overcomes arrogance." Retiak said. "Of course, having both helps, and I most certainly do. Now, this is our ultimatum - Toa, if you come with us, we shall spare you and allow you to return to your homes once the war is over. Otherwise, you're with them. We won't spare you any pain or anguish that shall surely come if you fight among our kind."Hetgar turned. "And I, of course, have already offered the same. You wouldn't possibly think to turn against us now, would you?"OOC: I'm starting to get that squeemish feeling, as though I'm making the NPCs seem more important than the PCs. I need to get them talking a lot for the exposition, and to explain how they think and act. Once I'm done, I expect a lot more of the interaction to be the PCs.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

IC: ArcoArco sat at the bar, it was a popular place in the less desirable part of Sakrinil. He felt his pocket for widgets, " a little low on cash" he thought, "have to fix that." He got up and left slamming the door on his way out.

If you have a self MOC you would like me to build just PM me and I'll make it as long as I have the pieces.

IC: Artorre: Forgotten Island:"If you wish to convince us to join you, you'll need to do better than that," Artorre said. He gestured to the three they had met on the shore. "These folk have been nice enough since we got the whole trespassing thing mostly sorted out, whereas all you've done so far is spout some accusations, point out we're not in a storybook, and hit me in the head with a clump of dirt."

IC: Arco (Sakrinil)Arco walked along the sidewalk. He stopped and silently slipped into a store, the cashier was asleep, leaning back in his chair, snoring. The store was empty. Arco smirked "Easier than taking a mask from a matoran " he muttered. He reached over the counter and opened the box full of widgets and took some widgets. As he left he said " Thanks ." The cashier woke up " HEY!" Arco sprinted away.

Edited by turtleman

OOC: @ turtleman; What do you think this is, the 20th Century? They don't have cash registers.IC: Natives / Forgotten IslandRetiak shrugged. "And do you speak for your whole group? Or do your friends blindly follow you, too? Perhaps they would like to know everything your friend here has not been telling them."-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

IC-Cotan:Or, at least, Arco tried to run away. One thing he hadn't accounted for was the fact that there would still be Toa moving about-one of them was Cotan, who, as he walked about, noticed the robbery.He held his sword out, Arco narrowly managing to avoid impaling himself on the weapon, as the angry store owner came out, noticing the fact that Arco still had his coinpurse."Hello, Steltian," Cotan said amiably. "Tell me, just why are you trying to run about and steal things, especially with the big stir that happened last night? You could at least be a little smarter about it."

profiles i guess

IC: ArcoArco ran pushing matoran aside as he did. He ran into an alley. " Oh no, dead end"

OOC: Toa.IC-Cotan:"Alright, so," Cotan asked of the shopkeeper as they went into the alley behind Arco, "That's both assault and robbery. Do you want to press charges for the robbery?" The shopkeeper nodded, and Cotan grinned. "Good!"They stopped Arco as he tried to leave, and that would be when he noticed that the buildings were too high to climb as well. Cotan smiled wider."Now, Steltian, you have two options--come peacefully, or fight back. Just remember, if you fight back, it's going to be a lot worse for you."

Edited by Kal Grochi

profiles i guess

IC: ArcoArco drew his bow and arrow." Back off! If you enjoy life you'll leave me alone." He glared at the toa "LEAVE"

IC-Cotan:Cotan tried to withhold his smile, but he didn't really succeed as he fell into an en garde position."Very well, then," Cotan said with a bit of a laugh. "I've had a good life, and I'm sure nobody will miss me." As he spoke, he took hold of his element, prepared to use it to send any arrows off path.OOC: Hey Lev, wanna be the shopkeeper? xD

profiles i guess