Waves Of The South

IC (Fenrir)"He is also, evidently, very old. He has dropped out of contact of late however." Fenrir was still a bit disturbed about the events that had transpired before the arrival of Raknar, but he could dedicate his energy to that problem at a later date.

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC: Keran | SakrinilThe jingling sound of a door opening and a potential customer entering interrupted Arkrak's personal symphony of boredom. Well, probably. Unless he was asleep or something. But it should interrupt most common- or garden-variety symphonies of boredom. It was a very loud jingle. Keran glanced up at the bells. "General store," he mused aloud. "I've always kinda wondered what people sell here."^^H-D^^

Edited by Half-Dragon

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth
Are any of us only saints or sinners

Or is it always Red versus Blue?

IC: Evex : Sakrinil : InnEvex opened his mouth as if to say something else then stopped. Something was worming its way into his mind.He closed his eyes again, every muscle in his body tense, one of his hands wrapping around the back of a chair, causing it to groan.No. Go away.

Edited by The One who is Gone
They were called Tenno. Warriors of blade and gun: masters of the Warframe armor. Those that survived the old war were left drifting among the ruins. Now they are needed once more.

The Grineer, with their vast armies, are spreading throughout the solar system. A call echoes across the stars summoning the Tenno to an ancient place. They summon you. 

Allow the Lotus to guide you. She has rescued you from your cryostasis chamber and given you a chance to survive. The Grineer will find you; you must be prepared. The Lotus will teach you the ways of the Warframes and the secrets to unlocking their powers.

Come Tenno, you must join the war.

IC: SalvinnThe Prime continued his lonely trek through the city. It was a walk he took often, after all he never stayed in one place with the same people for long. That just wasn't his way, and he felt in his heart that it could never be. His walk soon led upon a general store, curious as to what might lie within, he stepped inside the store. Walking up to the owner, Arkrak, he asked just what kind of goods he sold.

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

OOC: Alright my good boys and girls and fish! We are now on Day Two. So, this is the first major GameMaster post that I'm going to make. Once it looks like things are moving along further, more will be made. Or not. They might change.This is it, folks.[iC: GameMaster ~ The Shimmering Palace]Governor Vamden sat upon his throne of ornate stone, his head leaning near an ovular gemstone almost the same size as it as he gave his best impression of being at all interested in what was being recited. His Ko-Matoran steward, Tselkar, was reading off a long list of names detailing all Alliance soldiers who had been slain on Frumus over the last month. It was some thirty or so Matoran and miscellaneous, none of whom he had ever meet, and he doubted he would meet now. He supposed somebody could create a Mask that let you talk to dead people, but he imagined that would just make them more unpleasant, or at least more unbearable, than they had been previously. “With that list concluded, we now give the official report from Sergeant Major Halyj of Ampora. Report begins – The natives are fierce and skilled at using the environment to their advantage, but unfortunately for them, there isn’t much of an environment, save for the fields where our troops are position. This has not diminished their mad, skirmishing attacks, and a number of outposts were crushed by the rebellion.” “I see…” Vamden replied, nodding his head. “Next…” “I wasn’t finished, sir. Report continues – Not only were our outposts lost, but so was a large supply of protodermis that was to be exchanged with Ampora for rare spices and other luxury items requested by the Traders Guild. This occurred in Kantis. We have traced information exchanges to an unknown worker in one of the mines and are currently investigating it. Report concludes.” “Very good, Steward. Make sure to send a report not to kill the miners. We can’t risk somebody becoming a martyr. Keep this low profile, as it just makes people sympathetic. Terrorists must be taken care of as terrorists. If military law is not sufficient, make sure it is done in a small, backwards and out of the way courthouse – we’re not Justiciars, we don’t need to put on a show.” “I’ll make sure my scribes are prepared. Our next concern is the Vermillion Dragon.” “Ah, yes. Tell me, Tselkar, how many years ago was it that the Vermillion Dragon was nothing more than just one ornery pirate in a battered ship?” “Much longer than we would like to think, unfortunately, but I’m afraid that the problems they’re causing us now are a little more than one pirate could think of accomplishing. The Alliance has lost close to 50,000 Widgets in the last…” “Let me guess… month?” “Not even close. It hasn’t even been a fortnight – in merely ten days time they’ve caused us that much of a profit loss. And we have even worse news…” “What? What news could possibly be worse than that?” “They managed to take out the ship of a Master Toa from the Council who was heading south. A stone user, to be exact. He didn’t stand a chance out in the open water. As far as we know, they might still have him out there, just to make sure he doesn’t have access to the land as a weapon. “ “Do we know what his mission was?” “No. Not even the local Council chapter knows. They’ve begun negotiations. And… there’s even worse news on the Dragon front.” What? “There’s an increasingly high level of rogue Toa under their employ. All a bunch of criminals and murderers. The Council, and the Order, are both understandably frustrated with these events.” “We can’t do anything about it, and you know that. The Toa have always taken care of their own affairs, and we have to trust them to do so now. We can’t have the people concerned that their homes might be swallowed by the earth and sea just on some insane, tall Matoran’s whims. Does this conclude our business?” “Yes, Governor.” “Good. You are dismissed, Steward.”~Toa Levacius Zehvor~

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

IC: [Su'un Kanad] - Road to Sakrinil, 17 Kio AwaySu'un shrugged, "I'm sorry to hear about your predicament, Tajeh. Still, Sakrinil is probably the best place to start looking for help."Glancing upwards, the Trytan caught sight of the sun beginning to peek its head out from over the coming hills, the sign of a new day approaching.IC: [Doriana Calam] - Effrah, Arkrak's General StoreDoriana joined Keran and Salvinn at the front counter of the General Store, "Interesting store you've got here. Do you sell any food?"-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: I made my way to the front of the ship, taking it all in - the salt air, the rolling of the deck, the shouts of the crew... I'd forgotten just how exhilarating it was to be at sea (or almost at sea in this case). It was good to be back.A tall Ta-Toa stood at the bow, gazing out on the endless expanse of rolling waves. He turned at my approach. "Captain Atorre, is it?" I asked, shaking his hand.

Q2TtLEz.png

IC: Song glanced at Evex, concerned. He'd just stopped. "Hey, are you okay?" Darnit. I can't look into his mind to see the problem, he doesn't fit into my rules. He hasn't given me permission, and it's not an emergency....But the presence ignored Evex's protests, and continued to root through his mind. Nothing seemed sacred to it, as it began to examine Evex's memories.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: Raknar (Backroom, Inn)"Y'know what? Save me a spot on your crew, there, Joan of Arc. Charm needs a couple days worth of repairs, anyway, and killin' time on the docks is gonna be murder, so..."-Teezy

Edited by #firstworldtyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC (Fenrir)Fenrir's eyes narrowed as Evex's body language changed entirely. It did not take a genius to figure out what was going on, the Zyglak offshoot had gone into combat mode even though there was no foe to fight. No visible foe at least. "Fight it. The same has happened to me." In an uncharacteristic move, Fenrir put his hand on Evex's shoulder, attempting to comfort him. "It is not invincible, I know that much."

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC: Taronak walked toward Artorre's ship, looking for a job after his betrayal by the Vermillion Dragon. "Can I join your crew?" he asked, looking toward the ship.

"I pitea the fool!"

(quote by Chro)

98.7% OF BZPOWER MEMBERS HAVEN'T SEEN MY BUCKET 

IF YOU ARE ONE OF THE 1.3% THAT HAS SEEN MY BUCKET, COPY THIS AND PASTE IT INTO YOUR SIGNATURE

I MISS MY BUCKET 

IC: ZenoniaZenonia barely managed to walk up the stairs, but when she finally did so, she was greeted with an even harder task : Opening the door.Ten minutes later, she fell into her room, took off her clothes -save her undergarments- and fell onto the bed. The next morning, she awoke with a killer headache, so powerful, it felt like a Zyglak was playing drums on her head with a flayed mace. Moaning softly, she staggered into the bathroom, washed her face (It didn't help, but it did give her a distraction), got dressed, and then promptly fell back into her bed.OOC: I guess she's open for interaction. Not sure how a character would get inside her room, but still, open for interaction.

pNNgXax.jpg

IC: Evex : Sakrinil : InnFenrir's words were distant, but still audible. Fangs bared, Evex pulled all of his will into a single wall, pushing back at the force. Get. Out.

They were called Tenno. Warriors of blade and gun: masters of the Warframe armor. Those that survived the old war were left drifting among the ruins. Now they are needed once more.

The Grineer, with their vast armies, are spreading throughout the solar system. A call echoes across the stars summoning the Tenno to an ancient place. They summon you. 

Allow the Lotus to guide you. She has rescued you from your cryostasis chamber and given you a chance to survive. The Grineer will find you; you must be prepared. The Lotus will teach you the ways of the Warframes and the secrets to unlocking their powers.

IC (Fenrir)Fenrir turned his head towards Song. His eyes were narrowed and when he spoke, there was very little of the scholarly refinement that he normally possessed. "Something invaded my mind and now, it is has done the same to Evex. If you know anything about this...." Fenrir didn't finish his sentence and turned his attention back to Evex. "I'm well read in the art of telepathy, there are a few techniques available to force an intruder out of one's mind. There are walls-effective at stopping and halting an intruder if you can maintain them. There are lashes, attacks designed to force the intruder back and reclaim lost....well, ground for lack of a better word. These work by gathering up mental energy and...." Fenrir continued to explain these two different forms of attack and defense in detail, not quite sure what would help. These were only basic defensive techniques of course, someone naturally skilled at telepathy would have access to a larger arsenal.

IC: Evex : Sakrinil : InnI'm not answering questions. Get out.

IC: [Su'un Kanad] - Road to Sakrinil, 16 Kio AwaySu'un shrugged, "Dunno exactly, but pretty big. It's pretty much the city on Yheyn, right after the Shimmering Palace. You can find almost anything there."IC: [Doriana Calam] - Effrah, Arkrak's General StoreDoriana raised an eyebrow, "They're very good, I must admit. Unfortunately, I'm not really in the market for sculptures right now...""Well," the Toa began, trying desperately to think of something to say, "Um, if I may ask; how long have you owned this store?"-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Song groaned. "Well, I haven't got a choice." With a thought, Song entered Evex's mind.Fury, for that is who the presence was, sighed. This being interested her. She wasn't gong to leave easily.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

IC: Evex : Sakrinil : InnConfusion was one thing Evex was feeling. He wanted to try and figure out what this presence was, why it seemed interested in them...At the same time, he was ready to attack it. He did just that, and while it was most likely pitiful compared to what a skilled telepath could achieve, Evex still struck the intruder with what he imagined as a barbed tendril. Hopefully it would decide to not bother with him.

IC-Aclaraung:Aclaraung, atop his mountain, grew bored. So, he set flight, coming down to a small, isolated village of naught but Zyglak. They were notably less advanced than the other lands, and their placement within the mountains set them apart from others. These Zyglak, they worshipped him. He touched down, consuming a small rahi they brought to him, administering upon the village shaman and the village leader his blessing, before he left. He flew over the seas, this time gliding, until he found a path suitable to give him contact to the others he had been with before. There was a new presence, a Zyglak, seemingly, but Aclaraung ignored him. He touched back with Fenrir, however:"Get rid of that idol, boy," the Dragon growled. "It'll lead you to nothing but death, the same as Tillith." The Dragon then cast out, passing through Song and on to Fury."Hullo, Fury," he said to the presence, one of the only beings in this land that remembered the early days, before Yeyhn, before everything that had happened. "I see you're having fun."OOC: Lol. Aclaraung and Fury.

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

OOC: Is it? Drat. I'd already started out in Sakrinil... Well, now you've got customers anyway, I'll try something else. IC: Keran was just wondering what exactly there was to do in a town this size - aside from running across all these wonderful buildings, of course - when he chanced to hear a speech of some sort from a nearby ship. Something about 'lands unknown' and 'first outsiders to know of,,,' something. He didn't really catch the whole thing. Still, he stood by the plank leading up to the ship and clapped politely. "Nice speech," he said, loud enough that he ought to be heard on the ship. "Very, uh... Inspiring!"^^H-D^^OOC: That'd be Artorre's speech, in case ya didn't guess.

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth
Are any of us only saints or sinners

Or is it always Red versus Blue?

IC (Fenrir)"Not likely. The nature of my work is to shine lights into dark corners. Those corners have beasts in them....well, that's why I have my weapons."

IC: SongSong looked at Myr. 'Let me guess, looking to be on the crew?"Fury flitted to a different part of the mind, avoiding the attack. She growled at Aclaraung. Go away. I'm testing a Prospect.

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC-Aclaraung:Aclaraung rolled his eyes as he flew. "Fenrir, when I say it shall lead you to naught but death, I speak the truth. Unless the Great Beings themselves feel the need to come and aid you, you'll die." He then shifted concentration, over to Fury."Aren't you always?" Aclaraung thought with slight amusement. "But, for all you boast, a mind strong as yours cannot focus on two beings at once? I'm amazed, Fury. I thought you were supposed to be infallible."

Edited by Kal Grochi

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC: SakrinilBellum still sat on her wooden raft. She had sat upon her raft long enough for that day.So she leapt off and dove into the water.She swam forward using her power over water to propel herself forward at a greater speed....The Toa walked onto the beach and strolled around the coast.Catching the glimpse of a ship that she thought was new, as she hadn't seen it before, she decided to go see just who or what was aboard.As she got closer she heard the end of a Toa's speech. By the looks it was a fire Toa.Nearby she saw another Toa, that looked like a Toa of Air, that was clapping.So she too clapped out of respect. Although her gauntlets clicked together and made a hollow and unenthusiatic sound."So y'all are going exploring? That sounds fun."OOC: That would be Artorre that Bellum is talking too.

IC: Gaioli (Doix, Between Nibar and Effrah)The Toa slept fitfully, tossing and turning in her cot. The ship rocked back and forth on the waves, providing slight comfort to the sleeping Gaioli. The island was silent, nothing but the breaking sea on the rocks could be heard. She slept on. OOC: Open for interaction.Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

They call me Zakaro. You should too.

IC: Vorasku and his crew boarded his ship, having supplied it with the necessary resources for a moderately long voyage. They then set off, and he began sailing along the coast, toward Frumus, intending to plunder the villages when he got there.OOC: Open for interaction.

"I pitea the fool!"

(quote by Chro)

IF YOU ARE ONE OF THE 1.3% THAT HAS SEEN MY BUCKET, COPY THIS AND PASTE IT INTO YOUR SIGNATURE

I MISS MY BUCKET 

IC: Artorre: Sakrinil Docks:Artorre shook Takir's hand. He felt like he had seen him before. "Do you hang around the Great Library sometimes?" He asked. The toa of water didn't have time to reply, however, as Taronak approached."Well, at this moment I'm broke. If you're willing to gamble that I'll make some sort of profit on whatever islands we might find, though, you can join the crew."After this, another two toa appeared and commented on his speech. Adressing them, he said "Thank you. Although in hindsight, a better time for a speech would have been after all the hustle and bustle of preparing to cast off was behind us."

IC: Taronak"I'm willing to gamble. Any thing would be better than what I just got away from." He said, recalling the Vermillion Dragon.

"I pitea the fool!"

(quote by Chro)

I MISS MY BUCKET 

IC (Malok and an NPC, Sakrinil): Malok watched as the toa picked up his new sword and carefully swung it up and around. "Not bad" the fire-spitter commented. "I'll take it"."It's good doing business with you, as always, Lema" Malok commented. His craftsmanship never failed to impress his customers - even gruff ones like Lema. "So tell me, what news of the Order? I hear there's a team going out to Moroni on some mission.""Malok, you're better informed the me" Lema laughed as he handed over a bag of widgets. "I've just come back from up north - that volcano was rumbling again, you know the one. They sent me to keep a lid on thigs with a couple of others. All I can tell you is that there's been more tension with the Council - the same arguments as always."Malok nodded in understanding. "Well then that's nothing new. Anyway, take you new weapon and put it to good use. I'm heading off to the docks to pick up a shipment of new meterials.".The two toa farewelled each other, andparted at the shop's door. Lema walked west towards the Order's headquaters, while Malok went south to the port. Here, he found several beings going about their business, or just standing around talking. He walked past a group standing before the ship SS Dream Come True. "Morning" he said to them, tipping his kanohi as he walked by.

ppg2.png