The Dark Knight Rises

Stryker055

Aaaaanyway.I liked what they did with Bane's voice a lot. I never saw that preview clip, so the only thing I had to go by before seeing the movie were the couple lines he said in trailers. It was creepy, but he sounded intelligent, and sometimes almost sing-song-y, like commenting on the boy's singing at the football stadium, which added a little to the creepiness. He sounded particularly great, I think, during the first fight with Batman and his speech outside of Blackgate.Tom Hardy also solidified his legendary status for me with his performance, both with the voice and his screen presence.

rahkshi_symbol.png

Aaaaanyway.
My thoughts exactly.As for the film... I just saw it.Oh my god.Just oh my god.

Talia just made me squeal with silly fanboy-ness inside, I really did not want Bane to be Ra's' son, and thankfully he wasn't :DI love the little cool thing that Blake's actually called Robin, because it kind of reminds me of when Dick Grayson became Batman that two times, and because it shows that 'Batman can be anyone'. Bane was epic. I love that weird moment when you think that Bane might actually be doing something good by owneding the rich people, because they're pretty much all corrupt and total pricks anyway.What I don't get was why Bruce couldn't walk at the start. Was that from being inside so long or did he get injured somehow?

Anyway, getting back to a more worthwhile discussion, what did folk think of Bane's voice? I liked it a lot, but my only problem was the way it had been re-dubbed since the MI:GP opening preview. It sounded like he was in another room, and not amongst the action. I got used to it quickly, but it'd have been interesting to hear the original version and see how easy to understand it was.
Ditto, really. Good combination of intellectual and menacing but sounded disconnected from him somehow

7AOYGDJ.jpg

I thought Bane's voice was boring and not really menacing...maybe that's just me. It was halfway between Darth Vader (which is awesome) and Christian Bale in the suit (which is weird).

[clipped]
I don't think it's censorship--if they were censoring it, they would remove my original post in the topic about it. They're just filtering what they want and don't want people to see here. Children are free to Google it if they want more information after they've seen it here, but I'd rather not be the news for them and say things that aren't nice to hear. It's up to their parents if they want their kid to be raised in a world where they embrace the dark side of reality or not, you're in no place to make that decision for them.This is like saying putting a filter for curse words is censorship.-SK Edited by Shadow Kurahk

This is like saying putting a filter for curse words is censorship.
Toa Zaz does think word filters are censorship, and is extremely fond of ranting about it. This is not the "talk sense into Toa Zaz topic", though. And yeah, Bane's voice was pretty cool, although the score made it a bit hard to understand him at some points.

Guys, while the shooting is very sad and a very serious situation, BZPower is not really the appropriate place to discuss it, nor is this topic. Please remain focused on the movie and more positive things.
So, why is this not an appropriate place to discuss it? It happened, didn't it? I'm getting really sick of BZPower censoring anything remotedly negative, even when it's absolutely relevant and staring you in the face, and pretending it doesn't exist, therefore blatantly ignoring the impact and tragedy of the situation.
Because this is a site for a childrens toy. We are not going to discuss a madman that mass murdered a group of people. It's not ignoring the impact or tragedy of the situation, it's choosing not to have discussions about something that is abhorrent and disgusting. Or would you prefer we just let a bunch of 12 year olds have to relive the horrors they saw unfold on television by discussing them here.BZPower is not the venue to discuss this, and it never will be. Sorry if that disappoints you.
Guess what? The world is abhorrent and disgusting, and those kids are reliving the horrors they saw everywhere else. Do you really have to go out of your way to censor world events and people's condolences for them?
Yep.And for continuing to dredge up this discussion enjoy the proto drop.

Yo.

Guys, while the shooting is very sad and a very serious situation, BZPower is not really the appropriate place to discuss it, nor is this topic. Please remain focused on the movie and more positive things.
So, why is this not an appropriate place to discuss it? It happened, didn't it? I'm getting really sick of BZPower censoring anything remotedly negative, even when it's absolutely relevant and staring you in the face, and pretending it doesn't exist, therefore blatantly ignoring the impact and tragedy of the situation.
Because this is a site for a childrens toy. We are not going to discuss a madman that mass murdered a group of people. It's not ignoring the impact or tragedy of the situation, it's choosing not to have discussions about something that is abhorrent and disgusting. Or would you prefer we just let a bunch of 12 year olds have to relive the horrors they saw unfold on television by discussing them here.BZPower is not the venue to discuss this, and it never will be. Sorry if that disappoints you.
Guess what? The world is abhorrent and disgusting, and those kids are reliving the horrors they saw everywhere else. Do you really have to go out of your way to censor world events and people's condolences for them?
So you're saying that because the world sucks, we need to bring up its sucky aspects at every given opportunity? And did you read my post? Because that explains how pointless it is to bring it up.- Tilius
No, that's not what I'm saying at all. I'm protesting BZPower going out of their way to ignore and censor those aspects if they come up. If no one wants to talk about it, it's fine, but if someone wants to express their sympathies for a tragic event, and they can't, then something's wrong here.

Thank you, BZPower staff. In the past, I wish I showed more appreciation for all that you do. From one Bionicle fan to another, thank you.

So you're saying that because the world sucks, we need to bring up its sucky aspects at every given opportunity? And did you read my post? Because that explains how pointless it is to bring it up.- Tilius
No, that's not what I'm saying at all. I'm protesting BZPower going out of their way to ignore and censor those aspects if they come up. If no one wants to talk about it, it's fine, but if someone wants to express their sympathies for a tragic event, and they can't, then something's wrong here.
If you do not stop derailing this topic I will suspend your posting rights.This is your last warning. Go make a blog somewhere else if you want to whine about how oppressive we are.

Yo.

Jeez Zaz, I'm resident troll on BZP and even I'm not going there

At first I felt really irritated with the ending but it eventually grew on me. Of course, I would've liked Batman to stop being a human altogether and just keep being awesome, like he is in the Arkham video game franchise [i'm clearly a huge fan] but in retrospect, the movie didn't seem to be about kicking butt, and more about Bruce Wayne.The character of Bane, I think, was great. They scrapped most of the real character and reintroduced their own, something previously mentioned, which I can respect, I enjoy doing similar stuff.Talia- this is what I disagree with more. Creative reimagining is one thing but she didn't seem very villainous at all, right up until the knife incidentAlso, I feel like 80% of the time we saw Batman's face in the cowl he had some mortified expression, with his mouth wide open. Good lord,man, you're the goddarn Batman, get it together!And so Talia's character seemed like an afterthought. I must admit after I saw the scar, I thought "Is she Talia al Ghul?'. But, of course, I didn't turn to my buddy when I did so I didn't get to brag about being right. I must admit I didn't trip at all when Liam Neeson appeared. I thought Bane was the problem child the entire time. I kinda kicked myself for that.Overall, I don't think it was as genius as The Dark Knight was. I think the name is testament to that. It wasn't brilliant but it was still fantastic- a satisfying end to the series, and a great movie overall.

@Man With The Hex:

I think Talia's analogy to the knife at the end answers your question about why they waited five months.

@Orino Ryuujin

I'm guessing nobody drew the connection since there would be no media coverage inside the city, and the only people Wayne met up with in person already knew he was Batman.Also I would've thrown stuff at the screen if Bruce Wayne didn't survive I don't want emotional impact I want Batman rawr. Also because of my first post, I wanted him to survive ,_,

3DS: 3711-9364-3152

PSN:          AidecVoros

Stop saying what's your point just makes you look condescendingOh, there wasn't one, goodEDIT: It's weird I can't find anywhere that says no discussion of illegal activities I guess he's got a point LOL

Edited by ~JC~

TNG Prime, pirating movies is illegal and therefore not encouraged on BZP. You want to watch it illegally, find it on your own -- don't ask for places to find it here. But honestly, it is worth the money -- for a movie like this especially I would really recommend against watching it online.@ Rarity, yeah, I was, but at the same time I wasn't expecting it -- there wasn't one for BB or TDK, after all. newso1.png

"As a writer you ask yourself to dream while awake." ~ Aimee Bender

I thought the movie was fine.

Except the robin thing.the whole my name is robin thing is BS. His name coulda been Dick, Tim, Jason... but nope robin. I have a feeling that after writing that line the writer patted himself on the back for a good job.I mean, COME ON. They could've at least named him Dick Greyson or something, I mean that'd be like batman, instead of calling himself batman, called himself "Bruce".

Gamers rise up, not down

Except the robin thing.the whole my name is robin thing is BS. His name coulda been Dick, Tim, Jason... but nope robin. I have a feeling that after writing that line the writer patted himself on the back for a good job.I mean, COME ON. They could've at least named him Dick Greyson or something, I mean that'd be like batman, instead of calling himself batman, called himself "Bruce".

You now Robin is a real name, right? I know at least two people who's name is Robin. So it's really nothing like calling yourself Batman at all.

As Tillian said, there really isn't anything to say about the shooting, Zaz. If you really need to talk about it, make your own topic. This one is for the actual movie. Nevermind, there was a whole 'nother page for this topic. Oh.The Dark Knight Rises was FANTASTIC.

That thing with Blake's name being Robin as awesome, although Blake becoming the next batman really wasn't that much of a plot twist. Talia popping up was a huge surprise. Never saw that coming, mostly because I never really learned much about the Guhl storylines.Bane was very cool. At the beginning I didn't like his voice because it was too understandable, too refined and not as threatening as it was in the trailers. After the prologue, the voice became darker and more threatening and cooler, but maybe that was me just adjusting to it and not paying the voice so much attention. Bane was, of course, not as frightening or unpredictable as the Joker, but that was meant to be. They couldn't compare to the Joker, so they took the villain somewhere else. He was cool and threatening and powerful.Catwoman was surprisingly well done, and the whole movie was fantastic and epic and really interesting. Nolan really is my favorite director. I loved the trilogy.I would be really annoyed if the producers brought Robin Blake back for a sequel or a justice league movie. Nolan's trilogy is good on its own, and I wouldn't want another director to ruin the story. It was a really conclusive ending, and pulling out the same universe for another movie would feel tacked on and fake, especially if they introduced things like aliens and magic.

Edited by Visaru

--------------   Tarrok | Korzaa | Verak | Kirik   --------------

What I don't get was why Bruce couldn't walk at the start. Was that from being inside so long or did he get injured somehow?

His limp was due to him and Harvey Dent falling several stories off the building in which Harvey was keeping Com. Gordon's family at the end of TDK. Although the fall is what killed Harvey while it only injured Batman.Apparently if you look closely at the end, you can actually see Batman limping off towards his Batmobile.

He's trolling.So, was I the only one disappointed at no after credits scene?
Kind of disappointed, but I didn't really think they would, considering that was always Marvel's thing.
Aaaaanyway.I liked what they did with Bane's voice a lot. I never saw that preview clip, so the only thing I had to go by before seeing the movie were the couple lines he said in trailers. It was creepy, but he sounded intelligent, and sometimes almost sing-song-y, like commenting on the boy's singing at the football stadium, which added a little to the creepiness. He sounded particularly great, I think, during the first fight with Batman and his speech outside of Blackgate.Tom Hardy also solidified his legendary status for me with his performance, both with the voice and his screen presence.
My thoughts exactly! I absolutely fell in love with Bane's voice. It was so disturbingly soothing to listen to, I only wish it was his real voice so I could listen to him more. ;_; Yeah, I definitely think I'm obsessed. xDBut gahhhh, the whole movie was simply amazing and maybe I'll rant about it's awesomeness another time, but for now my mind is still exploding. Edited by Ezorov

bannnnner.png

:kaukau: I'm glad there wasn't a post-credit scene, first because it's Marvel's thing, but also because I think it's nontraditional and not really befitting of the type of film The Dark Knight Rises was. Of course, I get some of my opinions from films like Star Wars and Star Trek, which made a strong impression on me when their credits ended on a strong musical climax, and I prefer it when the screen goes out that way. To me it's a bit more powerful. If you throw in the post-credit scene, suddenly the film end offbeat and with two endings, which sort of betrays the sense of finality.

As for John Blake's real name being Robin, Nolan said that the sidekick Robin wouldn't appear in the film because he didn't like the character. Calling him Dick wouldn't have worked because many people wouldn't have recognized that at the sidekick's real name, but calling him Robin instantly endows him with a sense of familiarity so that people understand instinctively his role as Batman's successor (which, if you get to the heart of the character, is what Robin is all about). It's not strictly from the comics, but it acknowledges some of its elements.

Merida

What I don't get was why Bruce couldn't walk at the start. Was that from being inside so long or did he get injured somehow?

His limp was due to him and Harvey Dent falling several stories off the building in which Harvey was keeping Com. Gordon's family at the end of TDK. Although the fall is what killed Harvey while it only injured Batman.Apparently if you look closely at the end, you can actually see Batman limping off towards his Batmobile.

Correct.Also,

the bit where Bane beats the snot out of Batman and breaks his back was what made the entire film for me. The Joker never really posed a legitimate physical threat to Batman, so it was incredible to see such a deadly villain that he simply couldn't handle. That and his fighting style is terrifying.Oh, and I have this big elaborate theory that Batman really does die in the end instead of faking his death (because come on, that bomb had a blast radius of six miles and we saw him directly piloting it over the ocean) but the entire thing falls apart when you realize that they recovered the Bat in one piece at the end. Did he just lob the bomb and run or what?yes most people disagree because happy ending blah blah

tumblr_inline_n50tp1mirL1r0vgjj.gif
「どこに行けばいいんだ・・・」「タ・コロ村はもうおしまいだ・・・」タ・コロ村の村人達
hey it's Studio Comic

Also,

the bit where Bane beats the snot out of Batman and breaks his back was what made the entire film for me. The Joker never really posed a legitimate physical threat to Batman, so it was incredible to see such a deadly villain that he simply couldn't handle. That and his fighting style is terrifying.

It made the film for me because now every time Bane's had a first appearance (Batman and Robin doesn't count, and I don't read the New 52), he's broken Batman's back :P

No, I was entirely serious, not trolling. And yes, JC, the rules do not actually forbid piracy of movies and TV show episodes, which is why I asked that.
Given the fact that pirating movies is illegal, it should be pretty obvious, whether it explicitly says so in the rules or not, that BZPower does not support it.
Also,

the bit where Bane beats the snot out of Batman and breaks his back was what made the entire film for me. The Joker never really posed a legitimate physical threat to Batman, so it was incredible to see such a deadly villain that he simply couldn't handle. That and his fighting style is terrifying.

Oh, yes, I agree so much. I really, really liked the Joker -- yes, he was extremely horrible but that's what made him such a great villain. And that is why, from simply a villain standpoint, I liked him better than Bane. However, as a Batman Villain, I definitely liked Bane better, because in the end, when it came down to just the Joker vs. Batman, the Joker stood absolutely no chance. Yes, he had a good mental game going on, but again, in the end, Batman could easily best him. Bane, on the other hand, can match -- and even beat -- Batman, which made him the better Villain toward Batman, in my opinion. All the Bane vs. Batman scenes were simply fantastic and, as you said, terrifying.

newso1.png

"As a writer you ask yourself to dream while awake." ~ Aimee Bender

You now Robin is a real name, right? I know at least two people who's name is Robin. So it's really nothing like calling yourself Batman at all.

that's why I said calling himself bruce. I don't know why, but I assumed he wouldn't become a second batman, but instead become robin.

Edited by -Whiplash-

Gamers rise up, not down

that's why I said calling himself bruce. I don't know why, but I assumed he wouldn't become a second batman, but instead become robin.

I expect him to become the new Batman or Nightwing or something along those lines. Batman told him about wearing a mask, and an alias like Batman or Nightwing is like a mask for your name. I'm pretty sure the Robin thing is just a sort of nod or reference :rolleyes:

@Velox

How can you say that Batman could easily best the Joker? The genius of the Dark Knight was its writing; how the Joker always had a plan and that plan led to his victory no matter what happened. Batman beating Joker to a pulp means Harvey and Rachel die, or boats get blown up. The Joker would've lost the battle but won the war.I think that's why Rises wasn't as good- simply overpowering Batman isn't that interesting. Bane gave him a physical challenge but the Joker challenged him mentally, which was much more interesting.Also, the final fight scene I thought was very anti-climactic. Batman is a creature of shadows, who uses fear. Him and Bane just wrestling in the street was everything that Nolan's Batman wasn't.

@WhiplashYou're just complaining for the sake of complaining xP

@Man With The Hex:

I think Talia's analogy to the knife at the end answers your question about why they waited five months.

Not really. Blowing up Gotham then making him sit in the prison for five months with a broken back would be sticking the knife in and twisting. You get to see him stew in his own misery then, knowing that he let Gotham down, that he could have done something but walked right into a trap because of his own hubris etc

7AOYGDJ.jpg

One thing I somehow didn't notice was Batman operating during the daytime at the end. Not that I'm complaining, because if he hadn't Gotham would be ashes. What I like is that they did that while still keeping it dark and serious.

I dunno if that really warrants spoiler tags but better safe than sorry, right?