WIP: Organic Agori 3D model, starting with the skeleton.

Pretty much what the title says. I've wanted to make a 3D model of an organic Agori for a while now, and while I've tried before, I feel like doing it again. So I started with a skeleton to get a feel for how the anatomy should be:Image linked because of size(Matoran included for size comparison)I used images of human skeletons for a reference, so it's definitely human-looking, but I tried to have the proportions reflect Agori ones. Because of that, we have the giant hands and feet, in addition to the utterly non-human skull and chest where the shoulder blades are up front instead of on the back.And now I'm working on muscles:This one is also linked.Eventually, I'll add skin and armour based on the Agori sets for a finished model, but I'm thinking some feedback would be nice right now, especially since I haven't actually studied anatomy more than by looking at diagrams of the human musculoskeletal system.Also, here's a picture of what the face currently looks like:Image linked because it might steal your soul if you look at it for too long.(This abomination is what I'd like the -most- feedback on, actually. The chin looks wrong. There's also too much uncanny valley. Feel free to submit this to your favorite website that posts bad Lego-related art.)Update: Skull re-proportioned so it now looks more like the Agori head.Another update: Applying skin to face. Again.First update in a while: Torso has skin now!

Edited by Maphrox: Toa of Polygons

I make stuff sometimes.

Well, that's a new take. I don't think they were THAT organic, but you did good work on the skeleton. Not many details, and there shouldn't be, but it doesn't give me much to say there.The muscle structure is interesting and appears to give proper movement at a first glance. I'm not a doctor, though. Good job on not stealing human muscle structure, especially on the torso.The face? It doesn't look like the set at all. (And the set head was designed to be specifically an Agori, so no real excuses there)One more thing, and you really have to fix this on the face...VOLDEMORT!

Pk57sNJ.jpg

Excellent work so far! It's amazing how well you've worked an organic body into the shape of the sets. The main criticism I can offer is that the back feels very flat. Otherwise, it's coming along splendidly and look forward to seeing your further progress! It would be incredible to see this become a fully-armored, fully-colored Agori!

Updated the skull to make it more proportionally accurate.I'm still trying to figure out how to make the nose work without too many Voldemort comments, but still keep the relatively noseless appearance of the Agori face -and- make something that looks like it could be used for breathing.Also, I need to add in something that looks like it can be used for hearing.

I make stuff sometimes.

Updated the skull to make it more proportionally accurate.I'm still trying to figure out how to make the nose work without too many Voldemort comments, but still keep the relatively noseless appearance of the Agori face -and- make something that looks like it could be used for breathing.Also, I need to add in something that looks like it can be used for hearing.
How about a flattish, somewhat diamond-shaped nose that partially covers the nostrils? By partially covering the nostrils without having the nose stick far off the face, you still keep a lot of the Agori appearance, and yet it doesn't look so much like just skin over the bare skull. Like this example I threw together in Photoshop, but maybe a little less angular in shape.

I was always interested to say what a more organic agori would like. This thing is coming along nicely, and is rather scary at the moment.You're a pretty skillful 3D modeler. The 3D stuff is my favourite thing in the art forums, but new stuff is rarely posted. I look forward to seeing how this continues to evolve.

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't

Face progress?Face progress.I realize the skull seems like it belongs to a complete madman, this is an exaggeration of human skulls' tendency to seem like they're grinning. Anyway, as you can see I'm still sticking to the idea of having skin cover the entire head. Having skin tends to be an advantage to organic creatures, after all.

Edited by Maphrox: Toa of Polygons

I make stuff sometimes.

Skin in the face area is pretty much finished, moving on to the rest of the body now.I am aware that progress might seem slow, this is due to simultaneously working on this and a comic series that I try to update around weekly(ish), said comic series sometimes requiring large amounts of 3D modelling work for new environments and headache-inducing subjects like large crowds.

I make stuff sometimes.

• 3 weeks later...

I still find the chin to be a bit too rectangular, I sure do hope the females aren't like that. xDThis is going along great!

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

It looks likeon the second face, there is a second mouth behind the jaw. I would remove the foremost jaw, but keep the rest. I think that you are doing an awesome job. I consider my soul to be effectivly stolen.

Update: There is now skin on most of the torso.I will, eventually, start modelling some biomechanical implants, but for the most part this is supposed to represent a generic male agori of the "tall" body type (Berix-style torso) and therefore won't have any default implants, since as far as I understand them they're added based on personal preference.

I make stuff sometimes.

Might I make a suggestion that you consider some sort of exo skeleton or something like that. It might make your Agori appear to be more set like.Looking good so far.

in·ter·ro·bang
also
in·ter·a·bang
(ɪntɛrəbæŋ) n. a punctuation mark in the form of a question mark superimposed on an exclamation point, used to end a simultaneous question and exclamation.

Previously known by the username "Ultra Hamster".

• 3 weeks later...

I'm really interested to see how this goes. I've always been intrigued by how the agori and glatorians would actually look as organic beings rather than the sets. I think so far you're doing well, and it does look a lot like an agori. I'm glad you changed the skull too, although the new one is kinda scary looking by itself.Can't wait to see more progress!