IC: SpiritWill threw more dummy pieces at the control panel and activated even more dummys which he started using his powers to destroy them, pretty soon the room was filled with flying target dummys and in a few seconds they were all deactivated. Will returned to his begining stance then he felt strong feelings of fear coming from not to far away, following them he found Shadow with a group of guards holding a detonator, Will faded into the spirit plane and then telepathically spoke to her. "Hey Shadow what's going on? I'm right beside you in spirit form."

"I once thought that I was the only one who fantasized about Bionicle; that no one else could have that little of a life.

Then I went on BZPower.

biofighter_banner_platform.png

Just call me Taka or TNI

IC: Shiloh LeBeau - Brotherhood HQ -Shiloh gave a sorta sad smile. "Well, at least you have some relatives that are still living. It's just been me and my brother, well till we joined the Brotherhood, now we have all of ya." Shiloh kept drying off the washed dishes and putting them away. A small muffled voice was suddenly heard, it seemed to be coming from one of her pockets.

Edited by Overlord Snelly

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

OOOC: LOOOOLLL Kray. You are so funny, that is very impossible for Shadow to have done unnoticed, retcon that will not be allowing that XD. Shadow can be bluffing sure but she can’t be serious about it. And even if there were bombs which there is not they would be able to detonate with the same frequencies as the bombs in their heads.Uh when did Will get telepathic powers…. I don’t think he has those man.IC: DestructionCaden walked closer, “Weapon-X tried to capture you and your friends?” he said. “Where?” he asked. “How did you escape?” he said suspicious that she did escaping from them was no easy feat.He turned back to Nate. “Let’s do this then.” He said without waiting for any sign that the battle had begun, both hands flew forward and twin yellow orbs of explosive energy shot forward at Wind Rider.OOC: Luke could join the Brotherhood sparring match with powers thrown in XD.IC: Ultimate Feral (Westchester NY)“I’ll take point too.” He said. “If I walk on any traps you can be almost sure I’ll heal.” He said walking forward, in front of X-Bones."Yeah it does come into handy." he said.IC: Songbird (Westchester NY)Ashlynn slowly flew over the ground, flapping her large wings and using the eyes of the X-Men around her to see.IC: Nicole (Mall)She looked down at the top. “But only the letters of the word PINK are actually pink… the rest is all black.” She said, there hardly was any pink on it at all it was just a brand name.IC: Darkfang (Weapon-X Compound)Darkfang still walked along with Rapture. “Did you say something?” he asked. “Sorry I was lost in thought.” He said.IC: Guards, Scorcher (Weapon-X Compound)The soldier’s were literally blown apart from the grenade. More guards arrived on the scene but soon paused and dropped their weapons at Shadow's words, before following her towards the Colonel's office.Scorcher charged down the hallway seeing her pull out the device. He paused as she walked down the hallway with the new guards that had arrived and dropped their weapons.He followed too, “I don’t believe you!” he yelled as his right hand shot forward and he unleashed a huge jet of flame at Shadow’s back.IC: Colonel Johnson (Weapon-X Compound)“WEAPONS bring Shadow down NOW!” he radioed to every Weapon in the building, including the newly turned X-Men.IC: Feral (Weapon-X Compound)“That’s good.” He said, tracing a finger across the silvery scars, her skin was cold to his touch. He looked at her his blue eyes wide. “Yes it would hurt… but I would try to do it as quickly as I could.” He said.“I know I wouldn’t want to bare their mark for the rest of my life.” He said. Suddenly he heard the Colonel’s orders through a device in Liliana’s room.“I think we should go…” he said.

Edited by Flex Capacitor

IC: ZacGreat now we are all turning against each other... Zac thought in his mind as he heard the intercom system. He had to get everyone out but first he had I escape the cell...

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

IC:"At the Institute." She talked to the lady holding her. Although she seemed scary, the man talking to her was even more scary and looked like a puppy eater. "They almost got me, but I hid in the ceiling and used the service elevators to get into the garage."Amaterasu looked at her, one eyebrow raised. "At the Institute? ""You're not going to kill me, aren't you?" asked Sara.Amaterasu's response to that was a curt "Not yet."IC:After smashing the last of the dummies, Madness (752) ran out, hearing the Colonel's voice on a loudspeaker. At least, he knew one thing. He was a Weapon, whatever that was, and that he was at the beck and call of the owner of that voice.He rushed out and hid at an alcove, as a bunch of guards, a bipedal wolf, and two girls passed by, headed to the inner sanctums of this place. He hadn't ditched the staff, but held on to it.He ran to intercept, but shrank back to avoid the sudden burst of flame.He had to find another way around.He ran to the cells. Maybe there was a corridor leading to the other way...He went in and was greeted by the silent, imploring stares of some people.

"Wer Traumt?"

IC: Alec rounded the corner to where the Weapon X troops were being sent. Oh hey look it was Shadow. And she'd got her own ragtag band of misfits. Good for her. He clutched the list of X-Men he knew needed rescuing in his metal hand and started walking towards her."Avaunt scheming intruder! Or you shall have to face my ferrous fury." Oh please, please realise this is too over the top, even for me.

7AOYGDJ.jpg

OOOC: LOOOOLLL Kray. You are so funny, that is very impossible for Shadow to have done unnoticed, retcon that will not be allowing that XD. Shadow can be bluffing sure but she can’t be serious about it. And even if there were bombs which there is not they would be able to detonate with the same frequencies as the bombs in their heads.
He didn't say it would detonate at the same frequency as the head bombs. Ever.IC: Dallas (Victoria's Secret, San Francisco, California)"Well, yeah, I know that. I'm talking about the word Pink itself. It's just...there. It irritates me a bit."-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

OOC: Actually, what Shadow has done is very much possible, and not just possible, but feasible.She spent un known amount of time in the ventilation system, which would have afforded her easy access to almost every part of the facility. Because the fact is, the building would have to have ventilation. And unless you have vents to the outside stuck in every room, a ventilation system is really the only plausible way.Shadow has an unknown supply of charges. And considering her powers, she could very well have an extreme number. Same for the detonator. Planting charges is simplicity itself, considering the fact that she was using the ventilation ducts to get around. Now, I know what you're about to say "but sensors. the would of seen her." I already thought of that. Have you heard of sensor blind spots? And the fact that Shadow literally had years, and the training, to map them out? Not to mention the fact that ventilation ducts are quite tricky to rig sensors for, because they can set off quite a few false positives for almost every sensor type due to the wind. The only ones that wouldn't be set off easily by false positives are cameras and laser tripwires, both of which hace a visible emitter. Or physical tripwires, and again, visible.The frequency factor is also quite feasible. The only requirement would have been to have analyzed the signal used to detonate, which she again would have had numerous opportunities to do so in the past, and program the detonator.If you ask real nice, I might be convinced to drop the signal issue. But I'm not going to get rid of a plausible plan because you want to rail-road the plot.In short, nope. Not retconning. Certainly not without a real good reason.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: Windrider - Brotherhood HQ -Here we go. I thought as I saw the orbs coming. I had been expecting him to attack suddenly like that, so I wasn't caught completely unawares. I launched myself in the air with my powers, avoiding the explosion orbs and they blew on the ground below me. I then proceeded to channel my power around Destruction, a cyclone began to form around his person quickly, threatening to start spinning him around at an insane speed, let's see him through an orb straight when he's extremely dizzy.

Edited by Overlord Snelly

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

OOC: Starting new job today, Gonna be posting a little less often and going to be posting from my phone more.Shawn IC: Shawn places his head on Tali's head and smilesRosalina IC: Rosalina nods in agreement "yes, I could not imagine how hard it must have been for you. But you are right you have us now." She smiles

shawnlos.jpg

Close enough to my Shawn is...Zelos Wilder.

OOC: Normally, I would have done just that. Because normally, I would have had everything plotted out far in advance. In this particular case, I had not ironed out the details of what her back up plan was, and as a result, could not write the details at the time. So I left myself the span of time that would have been used to accomplish the plan, and ironed out the details so it would be ready when it was needed. Seeing as everything she has done is well within her abilities, it should not be as big of a problem as it is. It is similar in principle to when a character does something, but does not explicitly state doing so until it is relevant later. Furthermore, if my objective with Shadow was to make her awesome, a lot would have been done differently with her. For one thing, you might note that every single fight she has been in, with a PC or not, ended either in her retreat or a pyrrhic victory.Not to mention, plotting behind the scenes is a valid writing, and playing, style. I would direct you to EW's Peers in the BZPRPG, who are always plotting, though their exact movements are often not known until they have already occurred.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

OOC:

Power(S): Spirit mode: When he enters his spirit mode he is intangible and mostly invisible (he tends to glow in dark areas). As a spirit he can see morals, emotions etc, in others. He can also bring objects, and one person at a time into spirit mode with him, he can do more people but that takes a lot of energy. It takes a while to go in and out of spirit form so he mainly uses it to travel long distances. Limited Telepathy/empathy: He has enough to project thoughts and feelings to close by people and feel the emotions of nearby people, and to hear thoughts that are consciously thought at him. Ghostly Energy: He can fire energy bolts from his hands that destroy, repair (his energy will temporally hold together broken objects), hurt, heal, and allow flight.
He mainly uses it to speak to someone when he is in spirit form and they're not.

"I once thought that I was the only one who fantasized about Bionicle; that no one else could have that little of a life.

Then I went on BZPower.

biofighter_banner_platform.png

Just call me Taka or TNI

Normally, I would have done just that. Because normally, I would have had everything plotted out far in advance. In this particular case, I had not ironed out the details of what her back up plan was, and as a result, could not write the details at the time. So I left myself the span of time that would have been used to accomplish the plan, and ironed out the details so it would be ready when it was needed. Seeing as everything she has done is well within her abilities, it should not be as big of a problem as it is. It is similar in principle to when a character does something, but does not explicitly state doing so until it is relevant later.
Except you don't make any mention of there being a Plan B. You don't mention her checking on bombs her pocket dimension has, or going through the vents to key points, or do any kind of foreshadowing at all to her planting explosives. Generally if a character has done something that only gets revealed later, like you say, its at least referenced they've done something. You did not. In fact, from the specific references to timing and the swiftness that Shadow reaches Brooklyn, it seems more like she spent very little time in the vents. So what you're doing is pulling out a solution to your problem which very conveniently covers every angle and has had no prior mention. That would be a Deus Ex Machina.
Furthermore, if my objective with Shadow was to make her awesome, a lot would have been done differently with her. For one thing, you might note that every single fight she has been in, with a PC or not, ended either in her retreat or a pyrrhic victory.
I am trying to show you how Flex might be taking things so you can see things from his point of view and this doesn't devolve into a slanging match. There is no need to leap to the defensive. I mean, you can see where he might be coming from, right? You barge in and just pull out a completely unmentioned network of bombs so you can have what you want. From his view you're railroading just as much as you say he is
Not to mention, plotting behind the scenes is a valid writing, and playing, style. I would direct you to EW's Peers in the BZPRPG, who are always plotting, though their exact movements are often not known until they have already occurred.
See my above point. In the BZPRPG the clues might be cryptic and obscure and we might be guessing a while, but they're still there. Rahkshi always pop up in the surrounding Wahi before going for their target, giving people time to guess. You gave no clues. No reference. Just suddenly "Oh yeah Shadow placed a load of bombs everywhere that mean you can't do anything to her kthnxbai"

7AOYGDJ.jpg

OOC: Since I'm one of the newest people here, try thinking of it this way: Would I be allowed to get away with it? IC: Tali kissed Shawn lightly on the cheek before the broadcast went out. "Oh joy. Gotta fight Shadow."IC: Jared heard an insistent beeping on his com but he ignored it until the instructions were blared out the loud speaker. Jared growled and started walking toward the cells.

No such thing as destiny.

BZPRPG Profiles

OOC: I'm aware of what a Dues ex Machina is. However, wouldn't it also be a Dues ex Machina for a character to develop a power during a fight? That has occurred in this game as well. I was fairly certain I slipped a mention to a Plan B in the earlier posts, but I was rather tired over the weekend, so it is possible I did not. Likewise, I do not recall stating that Shadow reached Brooklyn quickly, in fact I believe I made no reference to time in the post she dropped out of the vents, but it is possible I made a mistake and not noticed. Did Kaithas have a character in the ducts? Would said character have access to a supply of explosives and a detonator? If so, then sure. I have no problem with it.If I seem defensive, I apologize. I'm a tad tired, and I can be rather annoyed when I have a good plan for once, and people are annoyed because I didn't slip a mention to it in earlier. I don't expect the plan to go off without a hitch. That would be railroading. In fact, I hope someone finds holes in my plan, and exploits them. That's what keeps the game interesting. And the next time I have a plan, I'll pay more attention to the details they exploited.

fK5oqYf.jpg

Shawn IC: Shawn shrugs his shoulder "I dont really care about fighting Shadow, Weapon X can handle its own problems. Besides I am more interested in finding out, who the daughter of Anna Marie is."OOC: Maybe for next time let Flex know your plan. So something like this can be avoided. My second question is involving the power developing thing. Who character has developed new powers mid fight?

Edited by The_Shawn_Legend

shawnlos.jpg

The only one I can think of is Shadow, which is sort of ironically funny :PBesides, I wouldn't call her development of superspeed a DEM, as it didn't resolve any conflict. If anything it created more of it. For the network of bombs to be in place you have to assume that the short time between the original entry and arriving at Brooklyn's cell was actually a series of hours, that the series of vents acknowledged as a tight squeeze are big enough for her to accurately plant a bomb, that Shadow would be able to avoid the security around places like the armoury when she has no moving room to avoid sensor sweeps (vents are a tight squeeze, remember), that no security arrangements had changed since she'd gone (especially considering she already escaped them once before), that she even had bombs that run on that specific frequency or, if you say they're the same kind of bomb put in Weapon X heads, that they're powerful enough to do serious damage. Oh, and you have to assume that all the guards are going to believe her and just do what she says instead of believing she was bluffing and take a shot given how zealous General Johnson is about reclaiming her. Those are too many assumptions and often with zero previous reference to back them up

7AOYGDJ.jpg

OOC: Whew. Finally. All up to date and stuff. And back in we jump, feet first and all.IC: Adrian stared at the unlocked door of his cell, bad mood doubled by the pulsing headache at the back of his skull. Being turned into a tool for this moral-less cesspool was one of the worst shames Adrian could think of enduring, not just for him, but for the entire group of X-Men, the students. Xavier's legacy. If there was one thing he was sure of, this isn't what was supposed to happen. Col. Johnson's voice blared out across the Weapon-X base, but Adrian didn't so much as flinch. Whatever was happening, he was fairly sure it wouldn't require everyone to stop, newly turned "Weapon" or not. At the thought, he absently scratched at his knuckles where "X-777" was tattooed. If he could help it, he would avoid aiding Weapon-X as a whole as often as possible.---Nero glanced around as he took stock of their surroundings. As far as he could tell, they were in Washington D.C. "Didn't expect to be back here so soon... What's our plan?" he wondered aloud.---Spencer had remained within the area of 34th street through the night, but was now wandering Times Square again listlessly, having come up with no solutions. He was beginning to feel quite desperate.---There was a clang of metal as a group of Legions took the place of the guards who had fallen back. The guards were scared of what was likely a bluff. Legion was not, and had a bone to pock with the fool making the bluff who had believed she could take on Weapon X alone. She had escaped the facility once, a stroke of luck, and she had avoided Legion himself at the mansion, a matter of convenience. It would not happen again.---Dana soon joined Rosalina and Shiloh at the sink, dropping her dish in and grabbing a rag. Normally, washing dishes would be beneath her, but she was enjoying Rosalina's company, and simply didn't have anything better to do. "You know, with all you do for the Brotherhood Rosalina, you should be making the men do this, rather than letting them go off to play bad*** and try and prove who's the biggest baddest mutant."---Israel sighed contentedly as he watched the women wash dishes, his gaze less than pure of intent. "A sight to behold, and one I could watch all day." He drawled wickedly, a dastardly grin carving across his face.

Edited by .:Advent Aeternale:.

~Totally like a boomerang. I always come back. Just never when you want me to.~

ShawnIC: Shawn sighs "fine, I guess we got no other choice." Shawn says feeling annoyed. "I guess we will have to wait for answers, though I wish these guys could handle their own problems and leave us alone."Rosalina IC: Rosalina just sighs "if I dont do it, it wont get done, it is not too big a deal anyway" she says smiling at Dana.

shawnlos.jpg

IC: Tali held out her hand. "Chris... Look through my memories." Almost all of the people Tali had really hung around before becoming a teacher had been nonmutants.IC: Jared walked into the room Shadow was in, his metal armor glinting in the light.OOC: Jared's bomb probably has a different frequency, being built into his suit and all, right?

No such thing as destiny.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC: JuliaJulia ignored the alert on the radio. She wasn't going to fight Shadow, not only because the dark-haired girl had been an ally in the past, but also because it was a fight that wouldn't end well for her, no matter how much Weapon-X had modified her in the past few hours.She was still getting used to the modifications, and the odd throbbing sensation in her skull that came with the explosive device. She popped her new claws: a pair of razor-sharp Adamantium knives that extended from her knuckles. Where there should have been a sharp, splitting pain in her hands, there was only a numb feeling. Her new (weak) healing factor saw to that. She pressed one blade against her wrist and slowly dragged it across until it drew blood...

67tlbk.png

IC: (Scott Jackson)"Were heading to DC. Hopefully the president can help us, at least a bit." Scott said this to Nero, who was now awake. (Death)Death decide to train a bit. He had heard the call over the intercom, but he had liked shadow. From the memories Blake had of her, she seemed nice enough. He hit the button, and the dummies started to come flying. Deaths claws were no match though, as he knocked and slashed them out of his way.OCC: If anyone would like some reading, please, do take a look at my epic, Tales of the Wanderer.

War...war never changes.

We crawl, on our knees for you,
under, a sky no longer blue,
we sweat, all day long for you.

But we sow, seeds to see us though,
cause sometimes dreams just don't come true,
we wait, to reap what we are due.

-Rise Against, Re-Education (through Labor)

Shawn Ic: Shawn repeats what he said about his dojo and then he says "You'll like it there. So chin up, because we got places to go!" As Tali uses Shawn as support Shawn holds on to her. "dont worry chere, I got ya"Ooc: ill make sure to check it out when I get home. ;)

shawnlos.jpg

IC: Icitine "Yea let me get dressed." She said getting up and walking over to her dresser. Lilliana then pulled out one of her uniforms and then went to the bathroom. She came out a few moments later in her uniform, staring at her scars in the mirror. "I guess you'll be able to see these now.."