IC - Cerberus - New York:Usually, Cerberus avoided crowds and chaos. The black-hooded vigilante had arrived on scene in time to see an X-Man float down from a skyscraper, eat grenades and gunfire, before being blasted into the ground by a chaingun, and a braceload of missiles from an Apache. Thankfully, he had taken great care to stay concealed in the midst of the excitement.The vigilante put away his cellphone, having caught some of the exchange with his camera. He'd heard the X-Man boast about refusing to register, and even managed to catch him getting mauled by every marine on the ground. "Wikileaks will love this." He frowned and watched as a shock seemed to ripple through the crowd below. The young man leaned carefully against his hiding spot, out of sight, face concealed by a scarf. "The underground news community is exploding. First, a riot ripples through the square. Then a rocket had blows up the Fox News chopper. Then, the President is snatched like a kid at a playground. Then, someone blows up the President's 1%er dinner party. Then, the President appears in Washington, and gets decapitated on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial by the leader of one of the most notorious terrorist groups on the planet." Followed shortly by the announcement of a New World Order by a crazed retro religious man, and the execution of both Quicksilver and the other terrorist by lead. "What the ****." "It doesn't make any sense." Cerberus rubbed the bridge of his nose, closing his eyes and scowling. "There's too much going on here to be a coincidence. There must be some bigger picture here." He massaged his temple quietly, as he watched the soldiers and heroes below fall into shock. "Who profited from this improbable set of circumstances?" His violet eyes grew grim. "And who's gonna take the fall?"

Edited by Madara: Mangekyou Master

STAR WARS GALAXY AT WAR

E2F89AB957A1479880B245CBBECF5036.jpg

... we have cookies

IC:

"You're not like...a ghost or back from the dead or something are ya? Cause that's been done before..." Kitty of course wasn't being serious, she knew flesh and blood when she saw it. She could guess easily enough the real reason why he hadn't aged, most likely because of his previous status as Archangel and Death, something she'd seen first hand of in the past. She decided it wasn't something she wanted to bring up however.

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC:

Kitty knew where the conversation was going, so she decided to switch things up. "So...I have a son, he's right over there actually." She gestured toward the boy in the wheelchair, who by now was looking very confused. "He's a bit...reckless."

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC [Devlen/Convention Hall]

While all insanity began breaking loose, Devlen took the time to check his Twitter.

In his defense, he disliked not being in the know. And ultimately it served him well; he now knew that the Presidents head was fertilizer, coincidentally sharing that position with a known terrorist. To say that the world was going to **** would be an understatement of amazing proportions. Good thing he owned a weapons corporation then.

"Saphine," he muttered, "I don't mean to state the obvious, but we need to get out of here. Getting back to Reykjavik promptly is... fairly important. The Board."

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

IC:

The supersoldier sighed, remaining still and silent for a moment longer. He glanced from Bryce, who seemed somewhere between the ideas of talking him into it and berating him, to Alyssa, who seemed entirely shaken by the course of events. James couldn't say he blamed her. First mission in the field, and she gets to witness the single most catastrophic event in seventeen years.

Without another word, he turned around and started walking, eyes scanning the area. He needed a vantage point, somewhere a bit higher... Lacking any sort of stand, he opted to use a car, parked not far from where the riot had ceased. The dark haired man effortlessly pushed off from the ground, and landed on the roof.

The crowd loosely assembled before him displayed a vast number of emotions. Anger, fear, grief. But one thing was consistent among them; a look of shock. Their movements were repetitive, as if they were trying to cope with the chaos however they could. The police were doing the same, in their own way. Military personnel and law enforcement alike wandered with varying degrees of purpose, trying to take stock of the situation and work out a plan of action.

A few people glanced at him, and others, seeing where their gaze lay, looked as well. By the time he had finished surveying the scene, dozens of pairs of eyes were fixed on him, looking for some sort of statement, some sort of response. One forlorn reporter and her camera crew raised their camera, as if hoping for something less disastrous to air.

"By now, you all know what happened." He started, trying to keep up an illusion of being calm, and in control. "You all know that the president has been kidnapped, and killed in Washington."

A few more people looked down, the statement crushing their desperate hopes that the messages pouring in on every channel, and in every form od media, were wrong. "The Brotherhood used this riot as a diversion, to get in and accomplish their goals. I'm sure you'll all see the footage later, of what they did."

"I would love to tell you that everything is going to be fine. I'd love to tell you that we're going to make sure this never happens again. But I can't promise that. I can't even promise that we're going to get the guys who did this." He paused, glancing back at the crowd below.

"But what I can tell you is that we're going to do our ******est to make sure that we get them. We're going to do what we can to make sure that this is the last time it happens. But what I need you all to do right now, is go home."

"Anyone who needs to report a missing person, anyone who's injured, check in with one of the police officers. Anything else can wait. Just go home, and try to calm down. You're not doing yourself any good by staying here."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC-Bryce:

"Well, it was a wonderful attempt. Let's hope it works." Bryce quickly made his way back over by Chambers, grabbed his commanding officer by the shoulder, and turned him back around to face the Gunny Sergeant.

"So, Chambers, the President's dead, the former leader of the Brotherhood of Masochists is dead, and our squad is brain-dead. I think it's high-time we made our way inside, back to the General, and then we can head out and rip us apart a few terrorists."

Edited by The Otter

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC: Marauder

Marauder went into a break room and turned on the TV. He heard the anchor man say that the US President has been killed and a number of Senators. They say the cause may have been from mutants.

IC: White Lightning

As Jack leaves his room and into the hallway, he asks,"Do you know where Mr. McCoy is? I need to see him."

gallery_110528_107_5250.jpg

IC-Sohail:

And, while Tera stood, herding students like goats, a semi-familiar face to a few of those around-including her, if she remembered from a couple hours ago-walked up near her. His eyes, taking up most of all of his face that wasn't veiled, darted about, taking in every possible detail of the situation, before he coughed in order to catch her attention.

"What manner of djinn struck here?"

profiles i guess

IC:"Apparently, something called the "Danger Room" went wild." Tera commented, glancing at Sohail whilst simultaneously trying to keep an eye on the students around here.

"Did you know that trying to keep a group of children between the ages of seven and eighteen organized is next to impossible?"

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

IC:"Doubtful. They seem more interested in acting tough, and saying that this would all be finished if they were in charge." The teenager sighed, and crossed her arms. "I've been here ten minutes, and I've already been shot at, had fire thrown at, and been attacked by robots.""Why did I come here again?"

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

"I have no idea. Most of my time here has been spent trying to sort through the chaos." After a pause, her eyes narrowed. "Something's wrong. The Danger Room is fixed, and the Blackbird just landed, but no one has come to tell the students to return."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC-Sohail:

"Oh, that's because there's a riot going on over in New York," Sohail helpfully replied. "Yeah, turns out that your President got kidnapped, and then murdered on the steps of the...Lincoln Memorial, I think you call it." At Tera's surprised glance, he shrugged.

"Somebody was talking about it on a corner a few streets west of here. Said he read it on Twitter, and decided to take it as a sign of the apocalypse."

profiles i guess

IC:"New York's always rioting, that's nothing new-" Tera stopped short, the ful impact of what was just said hitting her. "Wait. What was that second part? About the president?"

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC-Sohail:

"He was beheaded on the steps of the Lincoln memorial by Pietro whatever-his-surname-is, better known as Quicksilver, former leader of the Brotherhood of Mutants," Sohail repeated.

"I don't understand why people like decapitations so much. They're so messy."

profiles i guess

IC:

"Where's Hank?"

Their conversation interrupted, Tera and Sohail both turned at the sound of Alaric's voice as he advanced towards them, blue eyes unsettled, black hair tousled, and expression dark and bitter, like a piece of chocolate aware it was about to be snapped in half by some fat kid's hands. The stone set in his ring seemed to have an unnatural blue shine to it that slowly dimmed as he advanced towards them, but it was no regular trick of the light; the two mutants realized that the ring was actually glowing, and that the sheen was merely dying down.

"I need to talk to Hank."

-Tyler

Edited by Tyler Durden

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC:"Inside. He went to go fix the Danger Room. It's been fixed for almost fifteen minutes now, but he hasn't come out." Tera said, eyes wide as she tried to process what was going on.

"What's going on?"

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:After a long moment, the darkhaired girl shifted to the side. She didn't quite release her grip, but it loosened substantially as she took her place beside Brooklyn. The two were more or less leaning on the headboard, even as Rebekah kept her in a half hug. It was almost as if, finally having someone who really cared, she was afraid to let go.

"Anything in particular you want to do?"

IC:

"Yes, but it's not appropriate with my mom downstairs. Let's just watch TV. Has Ric taught you what TV shows to like yet?"

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC:"He tried, but I haven't quite gotten the hang of it. I have watched and enjoy The Walking Dead, Bones, and a few others." The former Weapon replied, raising an eyebrow slightly at the first portion of her response.

"What do you want to watch?"

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

Rebekah reached forward, and idly picked up one of the brownies, taking a bite. "But I enjoy having my mind. Or at least, what of it that I've managed to hang on to."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC (Saphine)

"Would you have me tear a hole in the wall? The doors are sealed." Saphine looked perfectly willing to do so. Her dress was tad tattered and torn, her hair was a mess and in general, the gargoyle did not look pleased. She looked like the antithesis of pleased. "If not, I suggest you stay behind me."

IC (Chambers)

Chamber nodded. "Of course." He paused for a moment, glaring out at the stumbling soldiers around him. "Well?! You **** well heard the man! Get your ***es in gear marines! I want three response units ready to go in two minutes! I want patrols out looking for wounded in five! I went anyone else who can still lift a weapon ready clean up this little mess ready in ten! MOVE!" Chambers wore authority like an old coat and all about him, marines rushed to fufill his orders. He turned back to Byrce. "With me marine. We're going to figure just what is going on in that building." Hefting an assault rifle, Chambers turned to the building. "If it isn't wearing an overpriced suit, dress or a uniform, detain it. If it attacks. Shoot to kill."

Edited by Basilisk

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC:"And what is it it that I don't know, hmm?" Rebekah replied, a faint hint of amusement coloring her voice. "Though admittedly, that us a very broad question, with dozens of possible answers."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC (Chambers)

"Feels good to say it outloud." Chambers shrugged. A few marine fireteams were hastily assembling around the duo as they strode to the building. "We'll head to the ops center first. Try to get a grasp on the situation. If it's gone, we'll sweep the building. If it isn't then we're going to see who, exactly, decided it would be a good idea to clog up the radio system. Unacceptable. Freakin unacceptable. Radio discipline people! It isn't hard!" Chambers shook his head.

Edited by Basilisk

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC (Chambers)

Chambers nodded, punching in the code that would open the metal set of emergency doors that blocked them from entering the building. "That's why we're going to the opscenter marine. Every security cam is directed from there. We'll find the general and any intruders in one fell swoop." The doors slide open with a hiss, revealing a few very confused doorguards. "Well. Isn't this just peachy. I don't suppose you know what's going on?"

One of the marines inside shook his head. "Radio's gone crazy. Last clear orders indicated that an intruder was attempting to batter their way into the main hall. Then....some sort of bomb went off and everything went to **** in a handbasket."

Chambers sighed. This was just lovely.

Edited by Basilisk

IC-Bryce:

"Well, marines, your mission is changing," Bryce growled to the those who had been doorguards. "Go to the main convention hall, take stock of the situation, provide aide to anybody there who might need it. If things are as bad as they seem, the few we had in there might just be hurt themselves." He began to move past them, along with Chambers, when they hesitated.

"Did I ask you to think about the order? Get moving!" With that, they proceeded to move down the hall at a quick pace, headed off to the convention hall. When Chambers shot Bryce a glance, the gunnery sergeant shrugged.

"We've got more than enough to secure the opscenter, and I doubt the few marines we had in the convention hall are in the best condition right now, sir."

Edited by Ilyusha Blokfase

profiles i guess

IC (Chambers)

"Good thinking Master Sergeant*. Good thinking." He eyed the other marines around him. They were all in full combat gear and were still wearing the gasmasks they'd equipped during the riot. "Private Malcolm. You'll take point. Reynolds you'll be backing him up. We'll be behind." He nodded at Bryce. "To the ops center then." The marines sprang into action, the two privates hugged the wall and began to advance down the corridor, with Chambers and the rest following close behind. "Knew it was a mistake to let Security Services handle in-hall security. Knew it. **** suits."

OOC:*Rank up from Gunney.

Edited by Basilisk