IC (Stevens. I'm going to make you a character when this is over. I swear.)

A whispered word from a sniper confirmed the identity of the being now approaching their lines. A SHIELD agent. Or what appeared to be one. Rifles were raised, snipers sighted in, and PFC Abbas slowly made his way over the barricades and torwards the newcomer. The young man was nervous, he'd grown up in the middle east....and he'd never thought that this city would so resemble it. He also remembered a common trick kidnappers often used. Disguising themselves as agents of the law to get close to their victim. Terrorists often did the same thing. Moving slowly, rifle raised, Abbas approached the newcomer. "Don't suppose you can prove that? Anyone can forge a badge." At first glance, it seemed foolish to approach this fellow. Why do that when you could simply shout from a safe distance away? The answer was simple. Once upon a time a mutant with super speed decided that he'd take his revenge on the army for some slight or another. Disguised himself as a native of Iraq and had pretended to be wounded during one the battles that had been tearing that nation apart.

Marines had shouted at him, asked for verification. He hadn't had it. He charged, activated the bombs he'd strapped to himself....and three marine fireteams had died. This way, he was close enough to discern if this fellow was lying....and maybe pull the trigger if things started to look bad. Incidents like that could not be repeated. They had a chance this way. Focus the targets attentions, verify identity...if it checked out, great. If it didn't...well, a distracted target was a dead target. And eyes focused on someone speaking were eyes that weren't looking out for snipers.

Worst came to worst, better one dead marine then many.

Edited by Basilisk

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC - Burnblade - New York

"Magic?" However strange that sounded, anything was possible. One who can create and shoot fire had no right to be skeptical of such a thing. He gave a short nod, confirming he had powers, but the stranger did not see it. Gunfire and crashing helicopters are more important than my personal details, after all.

Stray pieces of metal bounced off of John's armor as he dove for cover. "This is getting crazy." And all this because of the sheer hatred most humans had for mutants. It sickened him beyond belief.

John did not protest, as he had been considering talking to them himself. But a SHIELD agent would have much more power to speak to them. Sad as it was, who was speaking mattered a great deal more than what they said, and few would listen to a mutant dressed in combat armor and a helmet that showed none of his face unless the situation was exactly right for it. And so far, I haven't rescued anyone. No one would listen.

He slowly followed the stranger, weaving around buildings in case he needed to give assistance. He might have been spotted, he might not. It didn't matter. I will not back down from a combat situation when a new possible ally is in danger. And if things went right, a new possible friend. The idea was comforting, horribly so, because it would have been a letdown if they ended up as enemies through some odd turn of events. He pushed it from his mind.

Safely behind cover and close by, he listened in. Agent Stranger. What a coincidence. And so John would call a stranger by what he was to him. Out of sight he made a small flame over his fingers, just to make sure he could still do it. "Right." he whispered.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

IC - Cambion - Lodge:

"Looks like the game is up." Victor's eyes widened at the sound of his old num- name. The masquerade was pointless. It had been pointless from the moment he had run away. "I prefer Cambion. Anonymity is worth one's weight in gold. But you know all about hiding in shadows." His eyes grew hard, shifting from grey to brown, as he returned himself to his normal form. The young man steeled himself. "Not directly, but I can take a good guess. You were there, back at that heIIhole. You were never really out in the open. But as the Good Book says, "My sheep listen to my voice." And I know your voice."

Maximoff passed the iPad over to Romulus. "The first twelve names on the list. You'll see that they are all genuine civilians. Accountants, construction workers, doctors, and waitresses. Salt of the earth. And one mutant hero's alter ego. I made a comparison of him in and out of costume. The details stack up."

"You know, there were ghost stories, among us Weapons, about a berserker that lurked in the dark, an immortal monster that our masters would summon to eat memories and break wills. A beast that would watch us as the weak were culled." He raised two of his fingers from the hand holding the glass, then brought them back down. "We never did get your name though. Are you still working for those sadists in Canada, or have you found another employer?"The young man's face was deadly serious. "I swear, I'm not letting him drag me back there. I've tasted freedom, I'm not going back to being a slave." He felt the weight of Persson's gun, tucked away in its holster. Still, an utterly useless weapon in this circumstance.

IC - Convention Hall - New York:A NYPD member, lying dazed upon the ground, was awakening from his stupor. The sound of the chopper still rang in his ears. He looked up, bleary-eyed through the carnage. Where was he? The last thing he had remembered was seeing a chopper tumble from the sky, trailing smoke and flames, before fragmenting into the square.There!There was a freak in biker gear with a fire flickering in his hands. One of those ****** muties trying to finish the job, no doubt. Where was his MP7? Gone. Gone. The officer, groaning in pain, was able to remove his sidearm, and raised it before firing at Burnblade. "Look out! He's armed!" The gunshots cracked repeatedly, as he fired. His squadmates were dead, there were wounded people all around him. It was carnage. "**** you, mutie."

Edited by Madara: Mangekyou Master

STAR WARS GALAXY AT WAR

E2F89AB957A1479880B245CBBECF5036.jpg

... we have cookies

IC: ???, JacksonThis was...unprecidented, to say the least. The figure disguised as a security guard stepped in front of the President."Sir," he said, "I suggest we leave for your own safety."Jackson whirled around at the sound of the helicopter falling behind him."Holy ****!" he exclaimed.He stared wide-eyed at the chaos for a moment, debating what to do. He cast one last glance back at Rage, then hurried forth into the chaos.

67tlbk.png

OOC: I’m pretty sure the President is safe and sound inside by now Zyke. Jackson can’t see the helicopter crashing inside. And the President is definitely not standing around outside XD.

IC: Stranger (New York, Riots)

“I can, I have my SHIELD ID card as well. I’m going to reach into my pocket,” Ares said carefully. He didn’t want to make any sudden movements and get himself killed. He then pulled out the card and offered it to the marine. It showed a picture of him along with all of his other information and encrypted SHIELD codes, symbols and holographic on the ID.

Ares also motioned to a small head-set he was wearing; it was hard to see with his dark black hair.

“I can raise command on the Helicarrier with this if you still need more verification.” Ares saw movement out of the corner of his eye and glimpsed the masked; and suited person from before. So he’d followed him to make sure he was okay.

Then Alyssa appeared next to Ares using a teleport. “And here is Agent Delphi of SHIELD. She’s with me.”

Suddenly shots rang out nearby. Ares turned to see a NYPD officer blasting rounds at his new friend.

“Stand down officer! He’s here to help!”

IC: Romulus (Lodge)

“And so he reveals himself,” Romulus grinned as Cambion; as he apparently liked to be called, morphed back into his true features. A rumble of laughter rose in Romulus throat when Cambion mentioned hearing Romulus voice. Romulus remembered one instance.

He'd stood inside his private-box, overlooking the arena. The box was dark, almost pitched black, but in the darkness Romulus could see. Victor had been instructed to punish another Weapon for failing on a mission. He’d been told to decimate him in one on one combat but to leave him alive. The fight had been quick and brutal. At the end of the fight Victor had stood over the broken and beaten Weapon. The punishment was supposed to be over. But then a voice had cracked over the PA.

One Victor had heard many times before, but never seen the face of. One that he didn’t even know had a name.

“No, kill him.” Three words. That was all Romulus had said. But it had been enough. Colonel Johnson could not overstep Romulus. He’d repeated the new orders.

The ancient mutant accepted the iPad. He scrolled down, his obsidian eyes taking in each piece of information on the twelve mutants listed.

“Excellent, this is what I needed to see.” Romulus said. He picked up his phone and transferred the rest of the missing funds to Cambion’s account.

An almost sadistic grin twisted Romulus’ lips at Cambion’s next words. He took pride in the stories they’d crafted after him. The mystery he’d become. The monster in the shadows they never saw.

“For the last thousands of years I have been known by many things,” he began. “But my true name; the name I was born under is Romulus,” he wondered what this name would mean to Cambion. If he knew of Rome’s founding myth.

“As for Weapon-X. I never worked for them. I founded Weapon-X. I funded it. I pulled the strings with Department H so Weapon-X could happen. You see I’ve always had a fascination with turning people into weapons…” he said as his eyes glinted coldly.

Almost as if Romulus had read Cambion’s thoughts: “I am not here you back there 413. Weapon-X is no more. They were wiped off the map by the combined efforts of the X-Men and the Brotherhood.”

IC-Grigori:

"I have the odd feeling that this situation has degenerated even farther than I expected." Grigori rolled his eyes, walking past the metal-shuttered windows, now unable to see out of them. "And yes, I know there are no underground tunnels for our use...Hmm." He stopped for a moment, thinking, before quickly turning back to Yuri.

"General, do you have a radio of sorts on you? I want to determine just how coordinated - and I use that descriptor loosely, I assure you - this attack is."

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

OOC: Actually it bears more resemblance to battle armor than biker gear. Probably because it is a custom suit of battle armor.

And this was why he was glad he had a less conventional suit. John only managed to notice the shots early on because the officer had yelled first.

"Well, ****!" He jumped aside, feeling his armor vibrating. The force of the shots grazing his back had sent him turning off course a bit, but with his strength and armor it wasn't much. He rolled aside and jumped again as he heard more of those horrible sounds.

Focus, charge, release! It was simple, sending four fire bolts from his fingertips to throw the officer's aim off. Nothing enough to cause damage, though it would likely be suppressive. "Stop! I'm not here to kill you!" He heard something similar from Stranger, and he felt slightly more relaxed. That was confirmation enough that he could trust him.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

Ooc: xD we'll chalk it up to lingering effects of a concussion. IC- convention - NYC:The cop's hair, face, and upper body looked wet, a blend of perspiration, dirt, blood and an unidentifiable fluid. Chunks of glass clung to one side of his face. His leg had a large shard of metal embedded in it. In short, the man was a complete wreck. His eyes were watery, sweat and tears had turned them red. He kept his gun trained on the masked man, clearly struggling to stand. "Like HeII he is. Where's his badge?!"That's when the firebolt struck him. The flames impacted, and seemed to disperse for a second, before suddenly roaring outward.Apparently, the officer must have collapsed earlier the puddle of a broken Molotov cocktail. The police officer dropped his gun and tried to clutch his face, as the flames rapidly licked across his head and torso. Drops of flame fell from him, onto the ground below.Ooc: All hail the grimbright!

STAR WARS GALAXY AT WAR

... we have cookies

OOC: Oh you have got to be kidding me. Oddly similar things happen to me in real life too, where I randomly cause destruction by accident.

Immediately John ran full speed at the police officer, cursing in his mind. He could barely move fast enough, and though he was used to his armor, he felt as though enough speed were impossible.

The distance was short, and it had to be. He couldn't bring himself to a halt easily at full speed, but he didn't have to. He jumped over the officer, placing his field of control around the fires in doing so. And so, in his own mind, the flames jumped after him as well.

Due to his powers, it actually happened, just as he intended. Flames obscured him from view, spinning around him--not that the officer could very well see him regardless when he had just been burned. The flames, now under John's control, dissipated.

"That wasn't supposed to happen. Are you alright?" His tone was nervous, yet flat.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

IC Rage"This isn't good!" Carter yelled as helicopters began falling from the sky. He then noticed fireworks explode in the sky. "Marduk has returned, humanity shall serve," he whispered. He then noticed a pyrokintetic mtant like himself getting shot and shooting. "Whoah there sir!" Carter yelled, walking towards BURNBLADE. IC KnowerAres's comlink (or whatever it was called) would crackle, that is, if his radio was primitive enough to crackle."Agent Stranger, this is Agent Odysseus. Anything I do to assist you?" I asked. The riot had take a deadly turn as some terrorists had managed to break into-what?!Oh dear. That was my father's building! Was he okay?But, first, work. Hands shaking, I spoke into the comm again. "By the way, Agent Molotov was reportedly down in New York as well. Have you happened to see him or is he in the convention centre?"

Out the edge of his visor, John noticed a blur of color. He turned to look, and it came into focus. A man walking towards him, possibly suggesting that...

"I already said it was an accident. If it wasn't, I wouldn't have helped him." He crouched down and felt for a piece of metal as the man approached, not taking his eyes off of the new arrival. He found it and grasped it, then stood up, with the officer's gun in his hand. He held it up for the other man to see, then tossed it aside. It flew far, almost astoundingly so, though a bit in a diagonal direction. My aim while throwing is at least a little bit better than before...

He tried to ignore the time when he missed a basketball hoop so badly in 9th grade that it missed the backboard entirely and hit the wall ten feet behind it, and focused on the man. He began to approach at the same pace. "And who would you be?"

Pk57sNJ.jpg

Something about this man sounded snooty. The words, the tone, a little of both...it didn't matter. Chaos. He hit the nail on the head.

"So are you here to help?" John glanced to the side, catching a glimpse of whatever was going on between Stranger and the other man, but he quickly returned his attention to this new man. "And give me something to call you by, or I'll have to go with Watcher." Marveling at the chaos that is our world. Just standing by, watching. It would work as a fitting name. Watcher.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

OOC:

My bad Zyke the way you post confused me. I Didn’t see the ??? so I assumed the whole post was Jackson XD.

IC: Stranger

Ares was momentarily distracted by the fact that the injured officer had been burned by the man’s powers. So he is a mutant… he thought. This wasn’t good. It seemed obvious to Ares he hadn’t intentionally burned the man. The way the flames had roared around the man seemed as if they’d caught on something flammable.

Ares then heard a voice crack over the com. “Negative, I haven’t seen Agent Molotov, he may be inside; as for assistance there seems to be three SHIELD agents down here already and a mutant. I think we may have it covered, but if you can scan through the other channels in the area, see if you can pick up any terrorist chatter.”

He then turned towards the injured but now unarmed officer. “You need to get him some medical attention ASAP.” He told the marine. The man had already been beyond injured before but now the burns weren’t helping things.

IC: Nicole

"What kind of test?" she demanded. "What is this all about?"

Edited by Sir Flex Nardius

IC - Cambion - Lodge: "As you said, I got good training." Victor Maximoff took back the iPad, confirming that the payment had come through. He tapped his glass again with the same two fingers. At the mention of the name, Maximoff perked up. "Romulus, huh? As in Romulus and Remus, co-founders of Rome?" The young mutant laughed softly to himself. "I guess that explains the penchant for arena death matches." The young mutant's eyes widened at the explanation of Department H and Weapon X, and its destruction at the hands of the devil's alliance. He frowned. "So, what happened to your Weapons, when Xavier's little gang of child-soldiers and the Brotherhood descended on that old heIIhole I called home? Are any of them still alive? Or did you clean up the loose ends like you always taught us?"Victor blinked to himself. What was he doing? In any ordinary circumstance, he would have handed over the data and high-tailed it out of there. Something was compelling him to stay. A gambler's ambition to push his luck? Or something else?

STAR WARS GALAXY AT WAR

... we have cookies

IC: Romulus

“Of course you did, Weapon-X created the finest assassins,” Romulus said as he drained the rest of his glass. He smiled when Cambion mentioned the founding myth.

"Yes that would be me. Though history somehow butchered the tail. Remus was my sister not my brother. She still lives too... always trying to undermine me." he scowled.

“As for the other Weapons… many were killed when the base was destroyed, or by the X-Men and Brotherhood members. Even Daken was killed… by the Summer’s girl, she incinerated him with her Phoenix flames. A few survived and now work for the Hellfire Club, like myself. I’m sure you’ve heard of them,”

“As for the X-Men who we turned into Weapons, they escaped and are back at their little mansion. I do know, that the situation in Las Vegas was caused by an ex Weapon. I know his work and how he thinks. It looks like the work of number 379. Though I’ve heard he goes by Harbinger now.”

"Now would you kindly hand over the chip Cambion?"

IC - Cambion - Lodge: Victor's jaw clenched as Romulus recounted the fate of many of his fellow Weapons, and his brow furrowed noticeably at the mention of the Phoenix. "The Phoenix is back? I thought it died 17 years ago. It would have been a bloodbath." The young man blinked away the image of flames, looking visibly uncomfortable."Hellfire Club? I've heard a few rumours. Pretty exclusive. 32 members at a time." Cambion shrugged. "Truth is, I tried to avoid anything that has had to do with mutants." "So Vegas was 379 at work. Pretty ominous." He sighed. "No. I hand over a chipful of information and you disappear. I know the list forwards and backwards. Every name, every power, every town." "I'm going to regret this tomorrow." "These sapien jobs are getting monotonous. The corporate types that hire me, they have no concept of power, no idea what sacrifice means. Only an unquenchable thirst for profit." He steeled himself. "I want to come with you. You will get the information, but I want a spot in Hellfire. To make sure that the others aren't being put through the meatgrinder again." "To be more than the biggest fish in a pond full of sapien mediocrity." "My God, I'm crazy." He rubbed his temple, as familiar faces streaked through his mind. Faces from his childhood. His scared ribcage throbbed. Number 425, even 322. Not friends. Fellow survivors. Siblings forged by the shedding of blood. No more running. Edited by Madara: Mangekyou Master

STAR WARS GALAXY AT WAR

... we have cookies

OOC: Fury is played by Tyler so you'll have to wait for him.

IC: Romulus (Lodge)

“Yes it is incredibly exclusive. The Club operates with two courts, the white and the black. Each side has the same ranks and positions, for each chess piece on the board. I am the White Bishop, higher up within the White order.” Romulus explained.

“Normally for denying me the chip I’d run you through right now,” Romulus frowned. “But you seem useful, and I have been trying to locate ex-Weapons and bring them back to me. You obviously are wealthy, I think Shaw would allow you entry into the club.”

“If you recall number 523, Xander or Legion as he calls himself; he is there as well. I will allow you to come with me to our mansion. If you are denied entry into the club you will hand over the data either way. But I doubt that will happen. As I said, I am one of Shaw's most trusted members."

IC (Military)

Abbas had had enough. He'd almost been impaled by a piece of flying debris, he had seen his friends die or go down bleeding from wounds that would put hollywood to shame, he'd almost been torn apart by a mob determined to get at the president....and now SHIELD and some Mutant show up, set a wounded man on fire and act like this was their ****ed operation. Abbas was a professional, a trained soldier and darned proud of it. That was why he waited for word from Stevens instead of attempting to arrest the mutant on the spot.

"Orders from Lt. Chambers, fresh from the op center. Detain the mutant. Escort SHIELD To the general. Stevens out."

Abbas felt a mirthless grin go up on his face. In a flash his weapon was pointed at the offending fire mutant. Other Marines emerged from cover and took position behind him, their weapons aimed in the same manner. Two corpsmen, still stained with blood from the other losses of the day, emerged to tend to the down officer. "By the authority invested in me by these United States and the government thereof, I hereby place you under arrest for attacking an officer charged with enforcing the peace. I advise you come quietly."

Abbas motioned to the SHIELD agents. "General wants to talk to you. Should probably report to the LT. She'll see you the rest of the way." He motioned to Stevens. "Now if you'll excuse me, I have a job to do."

Edited by Basilisk

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC: The ancient waved his only mobile hand, a spell flowing forth. Nicole could still speak, but the spell was choosy. Anything it didn't want and it would cut her off. "You talk too much, my dear. The test is simple. Just some questions, that incidentally you are allowed to help with, to a point. Be forewarned, however. Wrong guidance to your friend and he'll die."

Robin swallowed. Halfbloods were more aware of their mortality than anything else, but not so soon...

No such thing as destiny.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC - Cambion - Lodge:"I see." Victor Maximoff drummed the glass, heart pounding as he noted the firelight gleaming off of the adamantium blades wielded by Romulus. "Thank you for your consideration, Romulus."

He tapped the screen of the iPad, keying in a combination. "It is as you say. I will follow your lead."Maximoff grinned and placed the iPad into a case, taking out a silver briefcase. "Would mind if I do a little cleaning up first?" The young man gestured to the trail of blood droplets that lingered on the hardwood floor. "I think you may have left a little mess out in the lobby."

"It shouldn't take longer than half an hour to clean up the body and make it look like a plausible death." He removed a pair of silver crushers, pliers with jaws roughly shaped like animal teeth and his adamantium knife.

STAR WARS GALAXY AT WAR

... we have cookies

John sighed. Not a very active sort, this one. "The authorities are incompetent."

He had no idea just how much he'd believe that in a few seconds. "There are organized terrorists?" John looked around for signs of terrorist activity, but instead saw yet another man approaching. This one did not seem friendly at all.

He took in the man's words carefully. It was sad that the entire country was racist and bigoted against mutants. "And what will you do to me if I submit?"

Pk57sNJ.jpg

IC (Marines)

"You set a police officer on fire." Abbas shook his head and wondered how, exactly, the Mutant had expected to walk away from this without answering a few questions. There was always an investigation when an officier was attacked or struck. Always. "Just a guess, but the NYPD is probably going to have a few questions for you. Until then you will be held in a prepared area." Until they could figure out if he could be charged with something. Even if you didn't mean to do it, setting someone on fire was generally frowned upon.

Edited by Basilisk

IC - Convention Hall - New York:A voice boomed out over the carnage. "Hold it right there, soldier." Supremacy floated down from a building, landing gently to the ground not far from Abbas, a smile on his face. The mutant had shed his civilian disguise, and the goggles and handkerchief that had previously hidden his face, and was dressed in all of his "heroic" glory. His supersuit was brand new, blue fabric with gold patterns. His face was undisguised, his black hair moving in the wind, and his blue eyes shining. He had been handpicked for this job, for several primary reasons. He had a handsome face and the build of a classical Golden Age superhero. He also was blessed with the gift of being a fairly new mutant. He had been privy to no previous Brotherhood missions. Even when on site, he would always don a black balaclava. The heroic-looking young man faced Abbas. "I got here as soon as I saw the news. Unfortunately, I couldn't save the people, but I can keep you from harming another innocent man. You and I both know that the fire was an accident. My name is Paragon, and we aren't going to let you take him away to get crucified by the courts." He gestured to the edge of his chest, where the round insignia of the X-Men was visible to all. "I think you know who 'we' means." Edited by Madara: Mangekyou Master

STAR WARS GALAXY AT WAR

... we have cookies

IC (Military)

Abbas was unimpressed. "I'd radio your request to ops center but..." Abbas glanced over his shoulder at a knot of marines surrounding a figure in an olive green serivce uniform....with a hastily donned bullet proof vest providing some much needed protection. "Looks like Chambers was riled enough to come out here himself. Lovely." Abbas let out a resigned sigh and stepped back as the small group of soldiers made their way to confrontation. Seeing that he had little else to do, he moved to assist the corpsmen with the wounded officer. Might as well do something useful, and thanks to growing up where he did, he knew a thing or two about burn wounds...

Lt. Marcus Chambers was not a happy man. He'd watched a protest turn into a bloodbath thanks to some cowardly terrorist hoping to make a point....and now SHIELD and one very thick mutant had shown up to make his life even more miserable. He'd lost friends today, he wasn't in the mood for this. He took one second to survey the situation, then whirled about to face the represenative that X-Men had sent. "You have no authority here." He pointed a finger at the SHIELD agents and switched to imposing glare number three. "And that goes for you as well." He returned his gaze to the X-mutant. "I'm going to tell you what's going to happen. You are going to turn around and let the goverment of this country do it's bloody job. Then you are going to return to your school and patiently wait for me to file enough complaints to drown your entire PR department under their combined weight. This is a military operation and we. Do. Not. Take. Orders. From. You."

From the look of it, Chambers knew the X-Men needed to be be reminded that they weren't a military force. They had no official authority. They had no right to interfere in a miltiary operation, let alone a legal arrest. Who expected to set a police officer on fire and not spend a few uncomfortable nights answering questions? Madness. These mutants acted like their powers gave them the ability to ignore the law.

Edited by Basilisk

IC - Convention Hall - New York:

"Thank you, soldier. You're doing a great service to your country." 'Paragon' smiled at Abbas, beaming with almost inhuman confidence.

He watched the scowling lieutenant stride up. "Greetings, Lieutena-" The mutant's greeting was cut off by the military man, who launched into an booming tirade on authority. Supremacy smiled and crossed his arms. "Complaints? Please sir, what have the X-Men done wrong here? The President himself has invited Dr. McCoy to this event."

"The Doctor sends his apologies for not being able to attend tonight. One of our teams just saved your butts down in Vegas." Supremacy's eyes flickered up, noting the cameras of a news chopper trained down on him. He looked down at the military man, standing almost six inches taller than him. "When has the government given anything but its blessing and praises to us when we've have swooped in and saved you from the Brotherhood, or any of the other superhuman threats this country faces?"

Supremacy smiled at the Lieutenant, and gestured to Stranger and the other SHIELD agents. "I don't think that was a very polite thing to say about the good people of SHIELD, an agency with clearance that makes even the US Army look like a bunch Boy Scouts. I thought there'd be more respect." "There was no way that he-" Supremacy pointed at the armoured mutant with a sword. "Could have known that the cop would burst into flames. From my vantage point, he came here to save people, not get locked into a cage like an animal.""Punishment is not the appropriate path. We believe wholeheartedly in rehabilitation and education. Not throwing people into cages without consideration for their intentions. The X-Men stand by those in need, those who are misunderstood. If you have an issue with me helping one someone who's innocent, you can take it up with our friends in the White House."

STAR WARS GALAXY AT WAR

... we have cookies

IC (Chambers)

"Preach to someone who cares. I'm here to do my job, not play politics with you." Chambers didn't give much of a **** about what the mutant had to say. His words had no weight here. "I suggest you vacate the area. This is a government affair. You have no buisness here." Chambers turned his gaze away from the Mutant and switched to imposing glare number two, the glare normally reserved for marines who'd fallen asleep on watch. This glare was focused on the mutant who'd set a fellow on fire and expected to walk away with nothing more then a slap on the wrist. Chambers had seen law suits and court cases over much less in his day. The arrogance...or lack of thought, some people displayed was truly astounding. He gestured to two marines who were covering the fire mutant. "Take him away."

Edited by Basilisk

IC - Convention Hall - New York:Supremacy bridged the gap between the Lieutenant, the marines, and the fire mutant, in two strides. "The X-Men are not going to let that happen. And it's not like you can sue us, thanks to some legislation that's been in place since the Cold War." "You resent mutants, don't you Lieutenant? I understand. Sometimes it can be overwhelming to see hard work and years of following orders be overshadowed by a kid born with a lucky gene combination. But don't be bitter. That's no way to make a better world." He looked at the marines coolly. "I will say this one last time. We aren't going to let you take him away in cuffs. You can try, but you're gonna have to take me first." "I can't imagine the movers and shakers would be too pleased to see armed humans locking up an X-Man in chains, especially on the doorstep of this particular convention. It would be scandalous, and some reasonably low-ranking official or officer would end up on the chopping block. Career. Over."

He smirked. "So why don't you follow my suggestion. I suggest you let us walk, we'll go back to our school, and you can file as many complaints as you'd like."

STAR WARS GALAXY AT WAR

... we have cookies

IC (Military)

In a flash, every weapon in the area was pointed at Supremacy. "You'll find that we have a slight advantage in numbers." Chambers voice was quite dry, one got the impression he was used to dealing with people who had an utter lack of common sense. This mutant didn't know the way the wind was blowing, if he kept this up, the media would crucify him. As much as Chambers would have liked to have seen that, he had a job to do. "Step aside. Go preach to your friends. We have more important matters to deal with."

Edited by Basilisk

The soldier was forceful, annoyingly so. John refused to show emotion. He had to keep a cool head, and so he did. "I doubt any sort of trial or interrogation for a mutant would end well for him even if he had done nothing."

He did not witness the dramatic entry of Supremacy, something he wished he could have at least taken a look at. Things like that were entertaining on occasion. He felt much better now. Either he had two new friends, or three. However, he still had to keep his eyes on the soldier in front of him. He kept silent for a while, not wanting to say anything that could be used against him.

He listened to everything, doing his best not to intentionally set this soldier on fire. These people put law above morality and reason, and it infuriated John.

He picked up on a few key words. "The last I checked, SHIELD had a higher rank in government than anyone who we have confirmation even exists. And the guy here is right," he said, referring to Supremacy. As the marines approached, flames began to spiral around John at high speeds. "I would advise not doing that..." His anger had begun to slip into his normally calm voice.

He turned quickly to look at the marines pointing their guns. "Unless you have snipers, your guns aren't going to be very effective. This man showed up to help me, and I will do the same if you fire a single round."

Pk57sNJ.jpg

IC:"Well, Mister X-Man,"A voice sounded from just behind Supremacy, a faintly southern drawl coloring the speech. "I don't know about you, but my parents always raised me not to take candy from strangers, and not assume that they are who they say they are at first appearance.""And, if I didn't know better, I'd say that you just threatened a military officer. That's a pretty heavy offense, right there. Especially under these circumstances."

A tall man walked through the scene easily, a deceptively cheerful grin on his face. "And what's this about SHIELD authority? 'Cuz I don't know about anyone else, but I haven't seen any ID."

The shield on his back meant he didn't need any introduction, but he gave it anyway. "SHIELD Agent James Rogers. Can I help you?"

Edited by The Snark Knight

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC (Chambers)

Chambers shook his head. "So your response to getting into trouble with the law....is to threaten the law? We were going to hold you for simple questioning but now...well, this changes things. "SHIELD is an extra-goverment agency last I checked. This is a goverment operation. See the problem? I, on the other hand, have orders directly from General Yuri. Stand down. This won't turn violent unless you wish it." He was just trying to do his bloody job. Did this mutants have to turn everything into a pitched battle?

Then another SHIELD agent made his introduction, Chambers was fully prepared to curse the universe for dumping another fool into his lap. Then the agent started to speak. Chambers almost let himself grin. "A pleasure. Marcus Chambers. I was just explaining to these....lovely....people, that one cannot set fire to police officer and threaten members of the United States Armed Forces and simply walk away. Their skulls have proven to have heavy shielding against common sense however. They seem determined to cause a battle."

Edited by Basilisk