IC:

"Well...no, I can't..." Dallas admitted, chuckling softly. "But it looks pretty weak in my head, so it's worth a shot."

IC:

"Wow. Way to bolster my confidence in our relationship there, tiger."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC:"Hey, Brooklyn. Want a cookie?"

Rebekah said finally, after several minutes of a somewhat uncomfortable silence. It was largely uncomfortable because, in addition to her attempts to sink into the bed cushions never to be seen again, she heard what sounded quite distinctly like laughter coming from the floor below.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

OOC: Tyler, I want to cry. :( Now, as we discussed.

IC - Convention Hall - New York:"Now."

Terror's command rang through his mind, and Supremacy got up slowly, the force of the grenade having thrown him bodily into the air. He coughed out a bit of dust and looked at his suit. Unfortunately, most it had been torn off by a combination of shrapnel and bullets."All right, all right. I'm moving, I'm moving."

He rose to his feet. "That was really uncalled for, Private."

IC - Convention Hall - New York:

"Very well."

From within the hall, the bathroom door opened up. The Sharzhadi diplomat's wife had finished freshening up. She glanced at one of the Secret Service Agents patrolling the halls, then removed her veil, revealing eyes of orange, and a face that seemed carved from metal.The woman gripped her dress, tearing the black fabric off and revealing a body that shone like smooth steel. Her abdominal cavity was empty, burning with a harsh red orange flame-like energy. She raised her hands and seemed to vomit the energy outward, shaping it with her hands and flinging it like a deadly bolt. The bolt missed the agent, who ducked behind an outcropping in the hallway. Stardust, spitfire of the Brotherhood, strode towards the doors to the dining area, reaching out only to find that each had been sealed. Thick metal sheathes now prevented her from entering the area. She tapped the metal. The reaction was noiseless.

"Vibranium?"

Stardust growled in rage and unleashed a stream of her energies into the door. Only to find that they barely looked scorched. The protective measures stood tall, and had sealed themselves as soon as the agent had sounded the alarm. She had no idea what other materials were in the door. Carbonadium perhaps. The metal that composed her face seemed to warp her brows into a scowl. It wasn't her task, but every part of her wanted to destroy them all. She was about to try blasting the doors again, when she turned, in time to see Marines and Secret Service agents training their firearms on her. IC - Convention Hall - New York: Within the dining area itself, the standing ovation was resounding, overwhelming the sound Stardust was making outside.

One of the Press Secretary's staffers stopped clapping and removed her glasses. She was likely in her thirties. A plain but clearly committed woman. She smiled, wiping a tear from her eyes. So much hope. So much inspiration. A speech like that had the potential to turn the polls around. The tear fell from her fingertips, splashing onto the ground. In the midst of the noise and excitement, no one noticed the teardrop sizzle slightly as it touched the floor. The President was clearly moved personally. Already, the Secretary of Defense, one of his closest pro-mutant allies, was meeting him at the edge of the stage, embracing him, before returning to join the other Cabinet members who were inclined to attend.The female aide put her glasses down on the table, and looked at the children from the orphan choir. They looked radiant.

This was the moment that would turn the plight of mutants across the world around.IC - Convention Hall - New York: As soon as Terror's message reached him, Spiral got to work. He focused his mind on the photograph their benefactor had provided them of the layout of the stage. Behind the podium. Spider stood ready. A portal opened in front of the mutant, swirling in darkness and Spider disappeared into it. IC - Convention Hall - New York: The Sharzhadi diplomat was eyeing the door when the light beneath it disappeared. He sighed. "So it ends." He was well aware of the risk he was taking when he had been approached personally by what looked like Quicksilver. A chance to get revenge. A revenge that he would see with his own eyes. IC - Convention Hall - New York:

A portal opened up behind the President, as the people showered their applause on him. A lithe young woman leapt out from it, slashing the throat of one of the President's guards, before grabbing the man in a vice-like grip and hurled him off-balance, into the passageway.The spiraling portal swirled shut, but not before several of the Secret Service agents had raised their sidearms and fired at the mutant who suddenly appeared. A spurt of blue blood was on the ground. And at least one of the shots had hit her."I'm hit. But I've got him."

STAR WARS GALAXY AT WAR

E2F89AB957A1479880B245CBBECF5036.jpg

... we have cookies

IC: Ashley

"Well, if you think we should give it a shot, I'm with you one hundred percent!" Ashley replied cheerily.

"I feel lazy..." Ashley said as she cuddled with Dallas. "...maybe I should try another latte, that would probably wake me up."

IC: Nathan - Blackbird -

Now, I wasn't trying to be insensitive or anything, but I was hardly paying attention to the current conversations aboard the aircraft, most of them about Ashlynn and her apparent death. Of course I was disheartened about the news, but it didn't effect me emotionally. I didn't know her well enough to feel a deep sense of loss.

​Most of my attention was on my injured wing. My right wing looked absolutely terrible, it wouldn't fold onto my back all the way, and it was bent a bit awkwardly. And don't get me started on the pain, I mean I know broken bones are supposed to hurt like something else, but I had no idea it would be this bad. I was fairly sure that the bones in my wing were shattered.

I had debated allowing Spirit to attempt healing my wing, but I decided against it. Sure Spirit had proven he was able to heal most wounds, but did that include bones? I decided that I wanted someone with an actual medical degree to look at it first, I didn't want the bones in my wing being healed only to find out they weren't where they should be.

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

Still-NPC-waiting-for-approval-Bryce:

"I'm actually a Gunnery Sergeant, and it wasn't so uncalled for. After all, when your friend attacked, that meant that engagement ocurred, and you were a great part of what caused him to do that." He grinned, slightly.

"And I've learned that, a lot of the time, grenades work better for subduing mutants than do bullets. And the grenade, at this proximity, is less likely to hurt civilians."

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC (Military)

Seeing as the mutant had shrugged off a gernade, Robins decided to deploy the next best thing. Up on the roof of the convention hall, PFC Robins sighted in, targetting the mutant. They only had a few anti-armor launchers. Just in case something like this happened. They were meant to take out tanks, but Robins was quite certain they'd work against this fellow as well. He took aim, let out a breath, and then he fired. The missile streaked through the air and torwards the mutant. Mutants loved drama, but standing in the middle of a battlefield had not been a wise move.

It felt good to finally be able to break out the heavy stuff, truth be told.

Edited by Basilisk

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC: Howard - Stark Tower -

"I know." He said as he looked at Noel, sounding slightly more serious. "I'd probably be dead right now if you hadn't been here."

"That's awesome! I should like, drink two so I get twice as strong!"

It was hard to tell if she was being serious or not, she certainly sounded excited about it.

OOC: New Profile. Should be my tenth. I decided to bust out Saturn early and maybe use him as an independent if Circle of Seven fails.

Name: Solomon Zechariah CrowleyCodename: Ogol Angol (Sindarin for “Evil Magic”)Age: 19Gender: MaleFaction: None (Circle of 7 pending)Power(S): Solomon possess a wide degree of skill in the magical arts, being learned in many traditions. His magical niche is the necromantic arts, dark magic that most sorcerers wouldn’t dare to even touch. Three powers stand out from all the rest.

Summoning: Solomon can contact, and to a certain extent, control spirit entities, particularly those of the dead. By performing certain rituals, he can temporarily raise the souls of deceased entities and communicate with them. This power works best in the hour of Saturn, paron Saturdays.

Astral Projection: Solomon can project his soul out of his body. He can use this to explore the physical realm as well as the astral plane. The limits of this power are unknown but it seems that Solomon has a harder time travelling to unfamiliar places. He has yet to project past the Earth but is working on it. When on the astral plane, he appears to be a physical shadow of himself. He can manifest as this shadow on the physical plane as well but it requires lots of energy to make himself visible in the physical world. He is unable to cause physical change (pushing, punching, etc.) in the physical realm when out of his body but can still use his magic.

Reality Warping: Solomon possesses a limited degree of reality warping. For instance, he could cause rain to fall on a sunny day. This is performed either by using litany or by using a poem-like spell, preferably in another (magical) language. Due to the extreme amount of power that this requires, it can take quite a long time to pull off and often requires Solomon to be in a state of extreme focus, something hard to do when people are dying all around you. As a guideline, the shortest spells require complete concentration for five minutes straight; most of them require more than fifteen. Solomon can call on the spirits of the dead for help, either as a power source or as an instrument for the carrying out of the spell.

Appearance: Solomon looks very Elf-like. Long black hair, fair skin, grey eyes, he looks very ethereal. He usually wears long, black, flowing robes, with lead coated steel armor overtop, Tengwar runes intertwining with Hebrew lettering inscribed into the plates of metal. Weapons: Solomon wields a lead covered ossage orange wood staff. In addition, he wields a longsword. He is able to carry it in one hand but it is much more effective when held in two. In addition, he wears a platinum band on his finger that appears to be an engagement ring. This ring is a magical talisman that seems to be a "badge of authority" of sorts over spirits.Skills: Solomon is skilled in many languages, both real life and fictional. Unfortunately, he doesn't really get much chance to use them in practical conversation. He knows Latin, Hebrew, some Enochian, and a tiny bit of Norse. For fictional languages, he is fluent in Sindarin, which he often uses in place of English. As well, Solomon’s voice is naturally fair, albeit with an ice-cold edge. When vibrated correctly, it can have a very persuasive effect on people. Sometimes, he can cause enemies to surrender by making them believe that he is casting a spell when in reality all he is doing is projecting his voice a certain way.

Personality: Solomon is very quiet and shy. He is the kind who could go for a day without uttering a single word. When he does speak, it is usually in the language of the Elves of Middle-Earth, a language that few can understand in conversation. Reserved and introverted, he prefers the company of his books to that of humans. Normally he is meek and shy but if his wrath is incurred, he becomes dark and vengeful, a terror to behold. Solomon is also a devoted Tolkien fan; he looks like an elf, talks like an elf, pretty much does everything like an elf.Weakness: Solomon's powers are extremely fickle. If he so much as eats too much red meat or forgets to meditate in the morning, his power can be reduced significantly. As well, none of his powers are truly combat oriented: no energy bolts, no throwing fireballs, no nothing. In combat, the only reliable weapons he has are his sword and staff. FInally, if he stays out of his body for too long (+12 hours) when astral projecting, his physical body can suffer from negative, potentially fatal health effects.

Bio: On his father’s side, Solomon is pretty normal. Except for a certain Aleister, most of his paternal kin were fairly normal. Mother’s side: different story. His maternal ancestors include a “White” Kree, a vampire, and a mutant, though they and Solomon are too many generations apart for this to have a visible effect on him. As for Solomon, he grew up in a London home, having been told of the adventures of Brian Braddock: Captain Britain. Solomon got to see his hero once; unfortunately, it was during the darkest hour of the Heroic Age, and Solomon watched firsthand as the protector of the British Isles was slain by the Dark Phoenix.

From that day forward, Solomon became a much more reserved individual. Despite the fact that he had been merely 3 years old at the time, the incident was forever imprinted in his mind. Becoming much too cynical for a boy his age, he was the loner of his school, spending recesses in the library rather than on the playground. It was in this library that he picked up a DK Eyewitness book on witches and his life was changed forever.

The occult arts gripped Solomon with a mad obsession; it had completely enthralled him. Soon, he had amassed a humongous collection of magical books, to his parent’s alarm. Fortunately, they were the understanding sorts of folks, and if their son was to follow in the footsteps of his great-great-grandfather, so be it. As a result, Solomon grew to become a very well respected theurgist in the online magical community. Possessing wisdom beyond his years (at least on the computer), he quickly learned the ways of magic and mysticism.

Solomon’s life took a darker turn on the cusp of his manhood. During his high school years, he had fallen madly in love with one of his classmates. The feeling was mutual and the two of them had their whole life together planned out. However, during a vacation to New York, Solomon’s girlfriend was killed during a Brotherhood terrorist attack. Solomon the “Wise” was ravaged by grief and in his despair, he turned to the dark arts. He learned how to command the Saturnian spirits as well as summon the ghosts of the dead, with the goal of seeing his beloved one last time. Eventually, Solomon was able to pick himself back up (somewhat) and resolved to use his powers to make a positive change in the world. But power corrupts, especially the power of the dark…

Edited by Constructman

IC: Howard - Stark Tower -

"Well, no reason to think about what you would have done, I'm still here." Howard said, smiling warmly. "Though the tower is a mess...there are unconscious hydra soldiers all over the stairway...and my receptionist is most likely dead in the lobby..."

"Why am I just remembering this now?"

Ashley looked up at Dallas and blinked. "Nuuuuuu I like your arms where they are!"

Edited by Snelly

IC:The darkhaired girl held the tray out to her, so Brooklyn could take one. "Take on. Heck, take more than one. Please. Because if you don't, I'll feel obliged to eat them all.""And that might, for the first time ever, exceed the number of calories my speed burns."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

IC:

"You're insane," Dallas replied without missing a beat, sitting up and scooping Ashley into his arms. "Tell you what, though. Would you settle for hot chocolate and eclairs for breakfast, on me?"

IC:

"The horror!"

-Tyler

Edited by Tyler Durden

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:"Yes, the horror. I might actually have to spare a thought for what I'm eating." Rebekah said, with her usual sense of humor. A little bit odd, but somehow amusing all the same.

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

"Alright, then. We'll make that a breakfast date. Wanna leave now?"

IC:

"You could be the new Subway spokesgirl! And get me free footlongs! And some of those mad underrated Subway cookies!"

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:"I think you're forgetting. I don't know food places." The former Weapon shrugged almost apologetically. "I know Panera because you took me there, I know Pizza Hut, Dominoes, and Little Caesar's because Alaric and Warren between them have tried to entice me out of my room with all three, and I know Dairy Queen."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

"Mother of God."

IC:

"Subway is a wonderful place for wonderful people," Brooklyn explained sagely. "You can order anything on 12 inches of bread and pay 5 bucks for it. Plus cookies."

-Tyler

Edited by Tyler Durden

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

"Ashley, I love you more than life itself, but it's never good when the guy you're eating breakfast with pisses his pants every two minutes because of your obsession with sugar. Just a protip."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC - Convention Hall - New York:Supremacy heard the sound of the missile launching, and dashed forward towards Agent Rogers. The missile impacted the ground, blowing a crater into the cement.He grinned, the shreds of his uniform hanging off of him, eyes darting about the buildings surrounding the convention hall, before settling on the supersoldier. "Hey, Rogers! How about that free shot?"

STAR WARS GALAXY AT WAR

... we have cookies

IC - Convention Hall - New York: For several long moments, the room was quiet.

The delegates stood in shocked silence, some paused between claps. One moment, the President had been graciously receiving the ovation of his guests. The next moment, a swirling portal had opened up, a woman with bright pink hair had leapt out, and dragged the President into what looked like an interdimensional door. A door that swirled shut as quickly as it had come. The stage stood empty, a couple bullet holes filling the space behind the podium. A dash of blue blood stained the wall.

Then, the pandemonium broke out. Panicked delegates rushed towards the doors, trying to open them up and spill into the lobby. Meanwhile, the secret service agents stationed in the room had all drawn their sidearms, and were forming a protective cordon around the few vocal pro-mutant senators and representatives in the government, ushering the politicians towards the stage. The Press Secretary took his aide by the arm, and escorted her with him. The agents inside were on high alert, radioing in to their superiors. Someone, a mutant by the looks of it, had kidnapped the President, and they would go through heII and high water before they'd let any other Cabinet members or politicians be taken on their watch.

Edited by Madara: Mangekyou Master

STAR WARS GALAXY AT WAR

... we have cookies

IC (Saphine)

"Devlen. Behind me. Now." Saphine's tone of voice left no room for debate. Her voice was thick with barely contained rage and what came out was more of a snarl then anything else. Things had been going so well....and now, lo and behold, the biggest problem facing humanity to date had shown up to flaunt their arrogance. They'd kidnapped the president. Saphine knew what was coming next. She knew how the Brotherhood operated. This wasn't going to be pretty.

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC:

In a non-verbal reply, Dallas whisked Ashley off her feet and sneaked out the door quietly, slowing time to a crawl so as to not wake Alistair. He made sure to leave a note, though, telling him where they were and leaving cash for cab fare to meet up with them in case the man wanted to share some breakfast with them.

Once they were out the door, Dallas mimicked the motion of letting Ashley stand and then slung her over his shoulder, so that she clung to him like he were giving her a piggy back ride.

-Tyler

Edited by Tyler Durden

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME