OOC: I love how Chris knows Ash is dead even though he wasn’t anywhere near where she was killed! Also Ric hasn’t even announced that she’d dead or he couldn’t sense her. Way to meta game. Even though Ric announces this next IC… still man XD watch this kind of thing in the future.

Yeah Loganto Otter is right. One it doesn’t seem like you read even the opening synopsis at all. Your character is 14 but Tony Stark was killed 17 years ago by the Phoenix, along with almost every other canon Marvel superhero/villain.

We also already have a child of Stark played by Snelly named Howard Stark. It’s his choice if he wants there to be another child. That and you seemed to have ignored the rules at all or even read through parts of this thread to see that all characters must receive two approvals from staff members before being posted with. Also you didn't even get the name from Xavier's school from the front page...

IC: Beast (X-Manor Basement)

“I’m sorry I can’t fix complex electrical machinery with just my fingers,” Hank said as he ran out of the War Room with a metal case of tools.

IC: Stranger (New York, Riots)

“Nothing really,” Ares said. “But the public knows he is pro mutant-human relations. His own daughter was revealed to be a mutant and he has announced his support of the X-Men.” He said. “There are a lot of anti-mutant people out there that disagree to any of this.”

IC: Nicole (Unknown)

“Well that was plain creepy,” Nicole said. “Seems like were in a horror film or something.”

IC: Feral, Triblade (Blackbird)

John seemed to deflate at Ric’s words. “No… **** it… no.” John said as his head fell forward and he placed his head in his hands. He didn’t sob or make noises but tears fell freely from his cyan eyes. There was a pain in his chest that was worse then any physical wound he’d ever felt. It was the pain of loosing his best friend.

He looked up suddenly at Zack. "Better watch your back Zack or Warren will come for you next. But if he does I have six claws waiting for him." he growled.

Matt was silent after the news. He hung his head and said nothing for a long time. “Ashlynn was a good person… she didn’t deserve this. She died an X-Man. Nothing will change that. Not the Phoenix, not what the Phoenix did. We need to remember her as she was… a family member, a friend, a comrade, a healer, a teacher and a smiling face…” Matt said. He didn’t want the recent events to skew his comrades feelings about Ashlynn.

IC: NPC Nurse (Las Vegas)

“How can I help you?” a woman at the front desk asked Chris.

IC: Romulus (Hellfire Mansion)

When Romulus finished his phone-call he hung up. He then glanced at what had been Malus with pure black eyes.

“Interesting… Trevor,” he said. “I will wish to learn more about this fusion later. But for now I must be off. I have an important business deal to finish.” Romulus said as he headed towards the door.

It was some time before 6, but Romulus had some ‘errands’ to run anyway.

Several hours later.

A large figure suddenly threw open the door to the lodge and stepped inside. Romulus was huge, standing at nearly eight feet tall. He was still bare-chested; revealing a line of rippling muscle across his chest. However, he’d thrown on a large black coat. The coat was rimmed with grey wolf fur that seemed to match with Romulus’ own long grey and white hair. Metal greaves were still fitted over his legs and similar gauntlets wrapped around his fists. Four long adamantium blades glinted on each gauntlet.

“Whoah there sir! You can’t come in here armed with blades like that!” the owner of the lodge said as he stepped in front of him.

The corner of Romulus mouth twisted into a smile. He could smell this human’s fear. His arm flew forward as his claws slashed through the human. They sliced through his flesh and bone easily. The man fell apart into four pieces as crimson splattered onto the wooden floor.

Romulus stepped over the corpse as he slowly walked through the lodge. He stopped in the room that Cambion was posted up in.

Romulus sniffed the air. His scent was definitely familiar, but his appearance was not. “I hope I’m not late.” He said as blood dripped off his claws and onto the floor.

IC: Spirit

Will was resting in the back of the jet recovering his energy from healing so much.

IC: Iron Bolt, Silver Serpent

Walter slashed yet another robot and sent a burst of electricity into a clump of them while Susan shot spikes at them. Susan created a long snake and used it to wrap up a large amount of robots and before they could get out of it one of Walter's lightning bolts stuck the serpent and fried all the robots. Susan and Walter looked at each other in surprise. "Cool." They both said at the same time.

"I once thought that I was the only one who fantasized about Bionicle; that no one else could have that little of a life.

Then I went on BZPower.

biofighter_banner_platform.png

Just call me Taka or TNI

IC - Burnblade - New York

The expression on John's face would have been so obviously furious that the stranger may have questioned his sanity--if he could see it behind the tinted glass of his helmet's visor.

"Then the president is right." And to think I was about to defend the protesters.

He walked a bit to the side so he could see. Noxious haze still filled the streets. It made him grateful for the fact that he had made a helmet, rather than a simple mask. He looked up to the sky, then walked back to the stranger.

"Humans and mutants didn't choose to be the way they are. Some mutants decided to use their powers to dominate, but the truth is most only do that when humans try to dominate them first. It shouldn't matter how much power anyone is born with." An odd sound resembling static echoed through his helmet's mouth area. A loud sigh. Should I step in?

No, it didn't require that kind of thing just yet. He asked no questions. He knew perfectly well why most humans despised his kind. "Both types of people, who are really the same species at different points on the evolutionary scale...they're both bigoted, racist, and trying their best to lord it over the other type. But some of both types are also kind, peaceful, and willing to work together. That makes the problems inexcusable!"

Maybe....wait...but then...

Half-formed ideas, too abstract to be put into words, raced through John's mind faster than he could shoot his fire. This wasn't right.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

IC:

Wake up. Where are you? You're on a boat, with two tickets to the thing you love. Look down, back up. The tickets are now diamonds. Anything is possible when you're sleeping face-down in the dirt, surrounded by hippie vans on the outskirts of Las Vegas. Or maybe when you've been pumped up with sedatives recently and chained to a random bed in a random hospital and this is all Malik's fault because if the bugger didn't try and drag you to the hospital you wouldn't have had to escape from the evil tyrants running it.

Also, you could have spent time in a fancy hotel doing nothing, but noooo. Malik just had to chase after you and alert everyone to your presence. And getting shot hurts.

It hurts a lot.

Especially when you don't have super-superpowers that allow to explode stuff with your mind.

You didn't manage to win the superpower lottery at all. Changing genders is completely useless. Although if you wanted to save money it WAS rather useful.

Unless you - ooh, there's a rhino beetle. And a stag beetle. Beetles were cool. They were flappy and more awesome looking that other bugs. And they had spiky head things.

Wait, are they trying to eat you arrggghhhh!

Gabriel leapt to her feet, quickly moving away from the two beetles.

"Okay, never sleeping on the ground again."

IC: Natalie stroked Brando's arm gently. "An hour ago I thought you were dead. Twenty minutes before I was having the best Christmas of my life." A sigh. "Eventful day."

IC: ???

The voice sighed. "I'll thank you to not compare me to some B-Rated movie. I mean you no harm, your halfblood friend here may not be as lucky." If Nicole stepped in she'd see a zombie not unlike the husks in the room before, though this one was completely stone apart from his left arm and his face. "My name is Morisant. How do you do?"

No such thing as destiny.

BZPRPG Profiles

OOC: I was having Christopher go off of what others had said...

A thousand curses upon my strange writing style.

IC:

"Well, your PR made it sound completely different you know," Sarah informed jokingly, taking the opportunity to turn another robot into a puddle, "If you get the chance, you should fix that."

"Is there a Aleksander here?" Chris asked the person at the front desk, "He is a friend, I want to know if he is OK."

IC - Cambion - The Lodge: Victor glanced up from his iPad, where he was monitoring his bank account activity. It seems his suspicions were not unfounded. The giant of a man's nostrils flared slightly, causing Victor's eyes to flicker with alarm for an instant. "Scent? I should have foreseen that." "Never mind... play cool." He sipped his glass of water slowly, to keep his throat from gaining the consistency of sandpaper. "Not at all. Please..." He gestured to the other chair, then paused as he noted the crimson running down the huge man's gauntlets. "Pity about the innkeeper, he gave me a great discount." Maximoff shrugged to himself and finished his sentence. "Please, have a seat. Let us discuss business." The young mutant nodded to the bottle. "Help yourself. It is from a good year."
Edited by Madara: Mangekyou Master

STAR WARS GALAXY AT WAR

E2F89AB957A1479880B245CBBECF5036.jpg

... we have cookies

“It seems we have a similar perspective,” Ares said. “I’m not a mutant, but I have powers.” I wonder if I should be giving so much away, but he probably already suspects me as a mutant.

“Therefore I can respect the good mutants. I understand that mutants and humans are the same thing. Just with added powers. There is no real reason for all the hate and fear. The evil ones, the ones who abuse their power can be handled by the X-Men or people like me.” He said as he crossed his arms over his chest.

“If this thing escalates somehow… I will step in. But for now I’m waiting.”

IC: Nicole (Unknown)

Nicole shivered as she stared at the thing… Morisant or whatever he called himself. “Why have you brought us here? And you better not try to even touch Robin!”

IC: NPC Nurse (Las Vegas)

The nurse frowned. “We have a patient we’ve been informed is called Aleksander English here. He was in critical condition but he has stabilized. I believe he’s right down the hall. There is a woman inside with him.” She pointed to a door down the hall.

IC: Romulus (Lodge, New York)

The giant lupine mutant slowly sank into the chair that the blonde man motioned too. He examined the man further with his pure black eyes. “Yes, I suppose it was a pity. But he tried to deny me entrance.” Romulus shrugged. Killing was nothing to him. He’d done it for so long. Thousands of years, it was little more then second nature to him now.

“And what year is that?” Romulus rumbled as he lifted up the bottle and poured its contents into a cup. He raised it to his lips, inhaled the scent of the alcohol before he took a sip. He’d also absorbed some more of the man’s scent. It was very familiar now.

He’d smelt it many times when he’d walked through the hallways of Weapon-X. He’d never revealed himself to the Weapons. But he’d been there many times; lurking in the shadows or within his chambers; watching them as they fought to the death in the arena from the private box above.

There were only a few Weapons he recalled who could change their appearance. This scent definitely belonged to an ex-Weapon. Victor Maximoff; if Romulus had to guess.

“I take it you have the database on hand?” he said as he pulled out his phone and sat it in his lap. It would take only a few seconds and he’d wire the hefty sum of money to this man’s account.

IC: Beast (X-Manor, Basement Level)

"I'll try to work on that." Hank said as he stuck a fancy high-powered drill into the panel and went to work.

IC - Cambion - Lodge:

Victor craned his neck slightly and nodded to the larger mutant's clawed gauntlets. "This isn't exactly the most weapons friendly state. He probably got spooked." The younger man smiled, trying to hide his nervousness, as the large man took a sip. "1945. From Japan." Maximoff smiled easily at the huge mutant. "On hand, yes. But first, the money." The young man acknowledged the other's clawed gauntlets. "Professional habit. I've had a few clients that tried reneging on their agreements with me." He chuckled. "Not that my contracts would have a chance of holding up in any courtroom in this country."

"Rest assured, I'm not foolish enough to try and double cross you. It'd be terrible for my business reputation to leave dissatisfied clients." "Or end up chop suey strewn about on the floor of a backwoods hunting lodge."

STAR WARS GALAXY AT WAR

... we have cookies

IC: Romulus (Lodge, New York)

“This state is due for a reckoning,” Romulus said. His sharp canine teeth glinted in the light.

“I admit you have excellent taste. 1945 was a good year indeed.” Romulus said as he took another sip.

“So be it, 100,000 American dollars have just been transferred to your account.” Romulus said as he finished the transaction. He moved his arm forward now as he turned his palm upwards and opened it. He expected the data to be placed in his hand. The adamantium claws pointed towards the man’s chest.

IC: Mimic (Hospital, Las Vegas)

Chris would see Christine fast asleep once again, sitting in a chair near Aleks who was confined to a hospital bed.

IC - Burnblade - New York

Then it's settled.

"Ok, that sounds like the right thing to do." John's stomach eased up, as did his urge to step in immediately. He wasn't quite sure how the stranger would have reacted to that. He half-expected to be attacked for it, but now things seemed to be fine.

A non-mutant with powers...maybe that's the solution to the...if it can be done correctly...

"If you aren't a mutant, where did you get your powers?" And what was the stranger's name? John still couldn't tell just how safe or dangerous this was...

No, that'll be the next question. He did not want to seem pushy, and he wanted the man before him to focus on the question at hand. They could work together...if they really did have similar ideas...

Pk57sNJ.jpg

OOC: 100k for infiltrating the world's top spy organization and stealing a priceless database!

IC - Cambion - Lodge:"Nothing like memories of bloodshed to add flavour to a drink." Victor raised an eyebrow at the value added to his account. Just as he had suspected. The mutant closed his eyes and re-opened them, tapping into the powers of chaos and tipping chance in his favour. "I'm gonna need all the luck I can get for this will work." "100,000 dollars? That's a little short. Your organization promised me one, point, five million total, 750,000 before the job and 750,000 afterwards." Maximoff crossed his arms. "Is this a prank because I completed the task so quickly?" "I'm probably gonna die like a *****. God help me." The young mutant placed his iPad down, and swirled his drink, hand covering the mouth of the glass. The odds of the bear of a mutant impaling him immediately were ridiculously high. "You will get your information, once I get my promised payment. I know that you have the capital to pay me. Unless you intend to reopen negotiations."

STAR WARS GALAXY AT WAR

... we have cookies

IC: As Beast worked on the root of the problem, fixing the Danger Room's safeties, Francesca and Sarah worked on the symptoms. namely the various robots the programming was spawning to protect itself. Its low power meant it hadn't been able to summon anything truly dangerous, but the two were building up an increasing number of minor wounds, namely cuts and bruises.

As a very insectoid robot reared up to Sarah's left, Francesca turned her gaze upon it, melting it into a flood of glue that washed over Sarah, the adhesive gumming her in place.

Francesca had decided the time was right. Time to do what she'd come to the Institute to do in the first place.

With Sarah fixed in place and unaware of what was about to happen, Francesca turned to Beast, pulling out the item she'd taken care to find before she'd hared off to fetch McCoy. A Desert Eagle handgun.

"Pietro sends his regards."

Before Sarah could shout a warning or Beast could turn round, she'd fired six shots, putting them through various spots in McCoy's back. Last time she'd only shot him once and he'd lived, the bullet being deflected by his dense muscle. She was hoping six might actually finish the job this time.

That wasn't the only thing she'd improved since her last attempt. Her plan last time had been opportunistic, she'd simply found a convenient time and shot the furry git, turning the gun to air so no-one would find it. Then it turned out Emily had been a turncoat too and had been an invaluable scapegoat. With no Emily around this time she'd needed someone else to throw under the rails. Of the various memory-thieves Sarah seemed the most likely to go nuts; the potentially unstable clone of a mind taken from someone genuinely unstable from another dimension. Who wouldn't believe she'd just randomly decided to off Beast?

While Sarah was still trying to unstick herself, Francesca pushed the gun into her hand so Sarah's fingerprints would be all over it. She made sure their skin touched and kept the memory of shooting Beast fresh in her head, ensuring that was what transferred over into Sarah's sponge-like brain. Now she'd remember Beast being shot in first-person, by her own hand. With any luck she'd genuinely believe she'd done it. And since they'd already shared memories a moment ago no-one would see the blending of their two minds as suspicious, nor tell which memories exactly were Francesca's since her own power rendered her impossible to telepathically probe. That was any possibility Francesca could think of nicely covered.

As with the earlier connection with Chris, the reaction between mimicry powers and reality-warping brainwaves resulting in a flash of flight and wave of concussive force. When Francesca hit the ground she started screaming.

"Help! Help! She's gone crazy!"

The booms from the gunfire would have drawn someone's attention, and by now they should be getting here even with the halls full of mad robots. And the first thing they'd see was an armed Sarah standing over a wounded Beast and terrified Francesca. A perfect set-up

7AOYGDJ.jpg

OOC: Wait, we're home already?

IC: Knower

Sipping from a giant mug of milk, I continued to watch the scene unfolding. I sighed as I continued to drink. What was I supposed to do? I was just a grunt; I didn't ahve men under my command. I couldn't do anything without somebody telling me to, whether it was Natalie, Alyssa, James, Marlon, or anybody else. If I just had a little more influence, I could fix everything! Grrrrr...

IC - Brotherhood NPCs - New York:

Supremacy looked to the sky as the SWAT helicopters descended. Teams of armoured men rappelled down. The water hoses combed back and forth across the crowd, knocking back protesters as they tried to climb over barricades, and dousing out some of the flames which lapped at the police cars. The superpowered mutant shuffled back, crouching low as a sonic cannon blast hit a protester, causing them to crumple. The party outside seemed to really be getting going. He played with the debris in his pocket, feeling the bearings clink. "Let them come. This party is only just starting." IC - Convention Hall - New York:Within the convention centre, there was a slight commotion as the sounds of the fighting outside trickled in. Shots here and there, and screams from the mob.

The Sharzhadi ambassador tapped his foot nervously. The shutters made him nervous. Like a trapped dog. It was better to see one's adversaries, rather than waiting for them to burst in. He glanced up as his wife approached. "Of course, I'm sure we will be going back in soon. No, don't worry. They won't be able to get in. Of course they won't start whiel you're freshening up. Go, go."He noticed two men, standing near the shutters. Neither had seemed surprised when the metal had come down. The diplomat strode over resolutely to the pair. "Pardon me. You two are involved with security at this convention, no?"

The diplomat crossed his arms and surveyed the pair. He opened his mouth to speak, as a bell rang softly, informing the guests that it was time to return to the dining area, and continue with the speeches, meals and drinks. "As you Americans say, saved by the bell." He raised an eyebrow in annoyance. "I was going to ask how long you were planning on putting your esteemed guests through the psychological torture of listening to those brickheads outside trying to break in. But I see my concern was without need."

The man glared at Yuri and Grigori sharply, as the sounds of the protest continued, then rose sharply. "Do you expect our vehicles will be able to get to the entrance by tonight in order to pick us up..." The foreign diplomat let the question hang in the air before continuing. "Or should we expect them to set up tents and bar us from leaving?"

STAR WARS GALAXY AT WAR

... we have cookies

IC [Devlen/New York, Convention Hall]

"Saphine dear," Devlen's voice had the faintest hints of concern in it. The wine hid it well. "Can I assume you happened to ignore some of my prior comments, and we'll be able to exit this building promptly when the time is appropriate?"

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

OOC: Still need a response from Fury

IC: White Lightning

A store clerk came up to jack and says,"Can I help you with anything sir." Jack looks at him, then back at the suit he has been eyeing on. "No, but I would like to know if you have this suit in grey." He grabs the suit and puts it in front of him.

gallery_110528_107_5250.jpg

IC:

"Oh my god," Sarah said, stunned, "Wha- how did I..?"

Sarah, just realizing where she was, what she was holding dropped the gun in horror.

"Mr. McCoy..." She said, shaking uncontrollably, "I'm sorry, I didn't-"

She started to cry as she vanished in front of Francesca's eyes. Her shapeshifting came back into play as her skin and clothes shifted to appear as everything around her. Then she started to run.

She didn't know why she'd done it, or how she was able to do it, but it didn't matter now. She just ran. Any robots that got in her path were melted by using the power she'd borrowed from Francesca. She started to head back upstairs, trying to get out of the mansion.

Chris silently entered the hospital room, making sure to quietly close the door behind him. Then he headed over to Aleksander, frowning at the Russian.

"You know, if you had died... That would make Christine sad," He said, sighing. He was honestly relieved to know that he was alive. He didn't know the Russian very well, but he knew that Christine liked him. Like he was family.

So, to the mentally damaged mutant, he was family. And he couldn't just leave Vegas without knowing if Aleks and his sister were alright. Nor, did he enjoy the though of leaving them entirely alone.

"So... Get better," He said, starting to head back out of the room, "I'll be keeping an eye out for you two."

He needed to find a safe place...

IC (Yuri)

Yuri paused for a moment, sizing up the man before him. "Even if they were to do so, we would be able to extract you via aircraft." Yuri had taken the liberty of putting nearby airbases on alert. "Rest assured, you are perfectly safe. These defenses were designed to hold against mutants. An unruly mob will not get far." Yuri was speaking the truth, but if said unruly mob decided to become an unruly army and break out illegal firearms and explosives en masse, or resorted to an insurgent classic and crashed a few SUV's filled with explosives against the wall, then things would get interesting. "The barricades still hold." He could also electrify them with the press of a button, but there was no need to mention that. Yet.

IC (Saphine)

"But of course. Arrangements have been made." Sapine sipped her wine once more, seeming unconcerned. She'd seen cities fall before and this was nothing compared to that. If they started killing heretics in the streets then she might have started to worry.

Edited by Basilisk

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

NPC Cult of Marduk Terrorists"Everybody ready to go?" Joe yelled from insice his suit of powered armor. "No sir," three of the four terrorists replied, who were still checking out "their new toys". <Well, I'm ready,> the agent codenamed "Ingalu" replied in Akkadian. The elevator door opened and the sixth terrorist stepped out, looking at his smartphone. "Riot's heating up," he remarked. "Perfect time to strike." Grabbing his RPG off of his back, he walked back into the elvator, heading for the top floor. "Everybody ready now?" Joe asked again. "Yes sir," the three terrorists replied. "Okay," Joe said eagerly. "Let's go!"NPC Elamku"Elamku", as he was called, was standing on the roof of the CanRaDT tower, looking at the conference centre in the distance. The shot probably wasn't going to hti anywhere near the riot, but it would draw attention, allowing the five others to take action. Smirking, he took aim with his explosive launcher, and fired.IC Asardin<This is getting interesting,> Asardin remarked as he watched the scenes unfold. <Going with classic terrorism, are we?> Asardin, evil smile on his face, reflected upon how powerful the USA had become. <Those Americans think that they rule the world,> he thought. <In a way, they do. They are the most powerful nation on the globe-except for China-and man, do they flaunt it. The Brotherhood of Mutants, along with other threats, have failed to take them down. But they'll never see this coming... Only now, will they know what it is like to feel the fury of the gods...>

Edited by Constructman

IC (Sniper)

It did draw attention. From one of the sniper teams Yuri had so wisely placed around the surrounding block. Being a trained soldier in the marine corps, PFC Rooks was only mildly interested in the riot below. He had been ordered to look out for ranged threats and, frankly, he had seen this coming from a mile away. Quite literally. The door was barricaded, the building was locked down. He had nothing to worry about. The power armored fool waving around the RPG in plain sight was another story. With skill honed by years of training, Rooks raised his weapon, switched to AP rounds....and blew the fools head off.

Then he keyed his radio. "Hostile contact engaged and neutralized. Power armor. Probably has friends. Black Cat out. Over."

Edited by Basilisk

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

There was no silencer to speak of on the rifle; a silencer on a .50 cal would be a bloody stupid idea anyways. The sharp report of the gun was loud enough to reach even the ears of Devlen, and most certainly the finer tuned ears of Saphine.

"And so the gates of Rome begin to burn," he muttered.

OOCI'm assuming the sniper was on a vantage point close to the hall, otherwise even a .50 cal isn't going to make a big enough boom.

voidstars.png

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

OOC: Close enough to the terrorist in any case.

IC (Saphine)

"Indeed." Saphine watched with interest as security came down like the hammer of an angry god on the entrances of the room. Soldiers raised their weapons and began to cover the entrances, the secret service pressed closer to the president, forming a shield with their bodies....and the guests, while they did nothing helpful and started to panic. Saphine sighed. "Though these men are not going to crumble. No barbarian levies they. It would be prudent to make our exit however."

IC (Military)

The gunshot sent ripples through the crowd, which was starting to lose courage under the onslaught that had been pressed into service against it. The SWAT teams, having disembarked from their helicopters, pressed the advantage, driving the crowd back further away from the building. The tide had turned. The smoke was starting to clear on the ground, the tear gas having been swept further down the block as the canisters expended their payloads. Then Rooks warning played over the radio....and the marines went into action. Taking defensive positions, preparing live rounds and such as. Infrared scans were increased by an order of a magnitude, looking at each and every building around them for a threat. The airforce, already on high alert, was sent new orders.

In a few moments, the convention center had gone from a near overwhelmed bastion to an armed camp.

"I feel it'll serve me better in the long run if I remain for just a while more. Choices are being made today, history is in the making. If all else fails... I'll duck."

voidstars.png

IC (Saphine)

"You are going to be the death of me. I hope you realize that." Saphine didn't sound angered, merely resigned. She took a rather long sip of her wine, nearly draining the glass completely. She regarded the glass with a sad look. "Unfortunate. I do believe that someone else had already taken the last glass. Bother."

IC - Convention Hall - New York:"Thank you." The Sharzhadi diplomat smiled heartily and was striding back to the dining room, when the sharp report of a rifle echoed in. He turned, alarmed. Years of living in a region torn by tribal conflict had blessed him with a familiarity with firearms. He crossed his arms and strode resolutely into the crowded dining hall. It would disrespectful to the head of security's warrior honour if he continued to question his security. They would undoubtedly deal with the sniper.He took a seat and continued making small talk with the other guests. The room was on edge, an edge of nervousness coated by a thick coating of political professionalism and baby-charming smiles. Would the President just give his speech already?OOC: Just waiting on Tyler to make his big speech. :3

STAR WARS GALAXY AT WAR

... we have cookies

NPC Cult of Marduk Terrorists"ST-05 down," Joe muttered as Elamku's transponder went offline. Looking out the window, Joe deduced that it was a Sniper nest. He wasn't sure, but there probably wasn't anybody close enough to do any damage other than a sniper. "Danger level: red." Joe mused for a while. "Switching tactics," he finally said."02, I want you to take that mech over there," Joe continued, pointing to the Enforcer mech that Robert had "salvaged" two months ago, "And use it as a tank. You probably won't survive, but then again, none of us will.""04, you're the RC weapons expert. I want you to take those controls," Joe explained, pointing to what looked like an RC set of missiles, "And launch them at the crowd. Just cause a general disturbance while you can.""03, you have the flares?" The terrorist codenamed "Firework" (he hadn't chosen an Akkadian name) nodded. "Good; I want you to shoot them into the sky. Warn the mortals of their impeding doom. Tell them that the gods are angry.""06, your job is to go down there and strike while they're distracted with the firworks-both literal and figurative.""I'll be salvaging the tech room, trying to find anything creative to use. Expect the unexpected. And remember: if any of you are captured, you have your pill. Don't reveal any information other than that we are servants of the Babylonian gods. We are doing a service to Marduk, and he will accept it with open arms. Everybody understand?!" All four of the remaining terrorists noddec. "Okay everybody, say your last goodbyes, for our day of reckoning has come." All five of them immediately rushed into position. 06 headed for the elevator down to the ground floor while 04 began booting up the missiles. 02 began strapping himself into his mech while Joe began looking around. Due to the circumstances of the situation, he needed a different type of suit. Then he saw it: Machinex's armor. "Lordy lordy," he thought to himself, as he began to exchange suits.*******************************************Taking a back entrance out of the building, 03 and 06 dashed into a back alley. While 06 turned invisible and began rushing towards the scene, 03 ran away from the riot, going deep into the alleys. Once certain that he was far enough away from the tower, he ignited the fireworks. Launching them into the air, he grinned at the message that they would send: Marduk has returned, humanity shall serve. Feeling lucky that he didn't have anything suspicious on: no weapons, no anything, he began to quietly make his way out of the city.

Edited by Constructman

IC - Brotherhood NPCs - New York: Supremacy head the whoosh of a rocket launcher firing, looking up in time to see the projectile smack straight into the cockpit of a news helicopter circling overhead.

The bird dropped, and crashed nose first into the ground near the convention centre. The whirling blades fragmented as they cut into the concrete, sending a wave of sharp debris flying out into the retreating crowd and amongst the marines and police taking positions up front.

STAR WARS GALAXY AT WAR

... we have cookies

IC [Devlen/New York, Convention Center]

Crashing helicopters make a very distinct, horrific sound. Metal on concrete, metal on human flesh. It caused the entire convention hall to fall into silence.

Devlen only let it get the better of him for a split second. In harsh Icelandic he spoke, "Saphine. Call them." He was already heading to an opportune to be picked up.

Edited by Alex Humva

voidstars.png

OOC:

......A six men team. Against a fortifed position. In a direct attack. Also, did you get those powers approved? Seems OP. I will not acknowledge them until the staff verifies. Otherwise...

....BWHAHAHAAHHAAHAH!

I do believe I am going to enjoy this.

IC (Military)

The helicopter went down, sending out waves of debries and shrapnel that tore into the SWAT team the crowd alike....it was also the final blow to their moral. As one, the crowed turned to flee, feeling that a war zone wasn't the proper place for a protest after all. Fear was one of the oldest human emotions....and the strongest. The marines and police that had taken position behind the barricades however, were relatively unharmed, some went down with bloody wounds adorning them and one unlucky fellow was killed instantly. But the barricades weathered the worst of it. Leaving the marines largely intact.

Stevens looked over the scene, trying to block out the screams of the wounded as the corpsmen did their job. Her masks infrared vision was already active, allowing her to see the seething mass that was the crowd turn to flee. Things were suddenly quiet around the building, with only the sound of fleeing humans and burning flames to replace what had once been a pitched battle. Then missiles, small stuff, began to strike where the crowd has once been, killing the police medics that had rushed out to tend to the wounded....and leaving some screaming bloody messes. Stevens felt her mouth tug into a grim line. The sick %#%#ers behind this were going to pay. If they thought they could hide from the greatest nation on the face of the planet, they had another thing coming.

Fireworks lit up in the sky, but being trained men and women, the marines ignored it. Their infrared would let them see anything that was coming for them. Even if it was not in the visable spectrum. Snipers sighted in, anti-armor launchers were readied, SWAT teams and policemen made ready. All that remained to be seen was if someone would be try to charge them. The idea seemed laughable. Who in their right mind would attack a prepared position that had a near perfect killzone?

IC (Saphine)

Saphine shrugged before replying in the same language. "Sending a helicopter in at this point might be a mistake. We know not what is happening outside. They could be shot down or worse." She grinned for a moment, a feral expression. "Not to worry though. I'll ensure your safety."

Edited by Basilisk

IC [Devlen/Convention Hall]

"I suppose it's a good thing they weren't in the area then." Devlen was looking around the room, taking in everything that he could as quickly as he could. While he had no special training in fortifications, the greatest lesson he had learned in his martial arts training was to use the environment. Preferably to avoid a fight all together of course. He was an aging man; all the self defense in the world meant nothing against cold lead. "Perhaps this will encourage the President to make haste with his speech."

voidstars.png

OOC: I wasn’t sure on the price :P should it have been more?

Is Machinex dead CM?

The X-Men need to get back and save Beast like noooow. Lol.

I’m pretty sure they are still in the Blackbird until Ric lands Kray.

“My powers come from spells or magic. Magic that was passed down to me by my father.” Ares said simply.

“That sword on your back looks pretty heavy, I take it you have a few powers of your own.” He said. Suddenly a loud gunshot tore through the air. Ares heard how the crowd reacted to it. He watched from cover as the marines began to arm themselves with live rounds. This was getting heavy. The tear gas was clearing so Ares pulled his makeshift mask off and tossed it away.

Then a helicopter crashed. Ares put his hands over his head as the thing hit the ground. Flames and pieces of shrapnel rained down around him. Since he was behind cover Ares was mostly protected from the shower. He watched as the crowd of protestors began to flee the new war-zone. So there was more then a simple protest going on here. This seemed like an terrorist attack.

“I’m going to try talking to them.” Ares said. He pulled a silver SHIELD badge out from a pocket and clasped it in his hand. He then stood up from cover and raised his hands over his head. He made sure his SHIELD badge was in plain sight.

“I’m Agent Stranger and I’m with SHIELD.” Ares said. “I noticed the situation here and thought I could offer you guys some help. Especially since helicopters are now being shot down.” He said as he slowly approached the marines.

IC: Romulus (Lodge)

Romulus narrowed his eyes. “I don’t play pranks,” he growled. “The rest will be wired to your account once I see that you actually have the data, number 413.” He smiled then after he said the number that had once belonged to the Weapon, Victor Maximoff.

“That is you isn’t it 413? Do you know who I am?”

IC: Beast (X-Manor, Basement)

The six shots tore through Hank’s back as crimson blood spurted from the wounds and onto his fur. Hank let out a loud howl as he fell backwards, twisting around so his backside hit the wall as he slid down it; leaving behind a slick coat of scarlet on the metal wall. It seemed that he hadn’t been hit anywhere vital. He was still breathing, but it was erratic and he was loosing a lot of blood.

Beast had heard Francesca’s voice before he’d been shot. He knew it was her. Tears streamed down his eyes as he thought of the betrayal. It had been her who had shot him before, it had to be. He’d never even considered her as the traitor. Without Ashlynn or Spirit to heal him Hank knew he would surely bleed to death.

But then it was Sarah who was facing Hank. Sarah who was crying saying she’d done it and Sarah who was running away. Hank was confused now. He’d sworn he’d heard Francesca say the words. Had it been Sarah all along? But this made no sense… Sarah was from another dimension and hadn’t been here long enough to even meet Pietro.

Hank shook his head to clear his thoughts. He’d almost completed rebooting the Danger Room and fixing it when he’d been shot. Hank reached up to the panel and hit a few keys and suddenly the mansion returned to normal. The androids and robots vanished as the walls returned to normal.

With a loud grunt Hank began pulling himself across the floor towards the medical ward down the hallway. The pain was intense but he ignored it.

OOC Didn't make sense to me to have a speech during a terrorist attack, and besides, the crowd is gone, so... The attack was also getting a bit silly, IMO.No, Machinex isn't dead; just unconscious.NPC Cult of Marduk TerroristsWatching the events unfold from a tv screen in the lab, 01, or Joe as he was called, bowed his head. "It's over," he said to 02 and 04. "no more point in attacking. The crowd has fled. Time to go." with that, he entered the elevator, the three others not far behind. Reaching the ground floor, 02 checked on Robert's body-still out cold-and on second thought, took it back up to the weapons lab. The remaining two walked out of the building, to whateerfate that would meet them. That being said, their attention was to get in their far and drive out of the city. Hopping into their van, Joe radioed 03 and 06. "It's over. Withdraw."IC AsardinAsardin grinned at the scenes unfolding in the camera-palantir-whatever. He six had done their job, and while it hadn't gone quite as he had hoped, the message had gotten out: they were here, and they are ready to take back what was their's. Grinning, Asardin exited the chamber.Walking into a much larger hallway, Asardin sat down in the throne at the end of the hall. All around him, idols of the Babylonian gods-"My kin," Asardin thought-decorated the hall. Interestingly enough, Asardin's throne was situated underneath the statue of Marduk. Breathing a sigh, he got up, and made his way towards the end of the chamber.

Edited by Constructman