IC - Convention Hall - New York:Supremacy raised his hands with a grin. "I was referring to Mr. Stranger over there. He was the one with the badge." He pointed at the magician. "The Lieutenant was telling him to stick his nose out of the area."

"Well, Mr. Rogers. Good to see you finally arrived in the neighbourhood." He chuckled and nodded at the guns pointed at him. "I'm not the one pointing guns at people. Just looking out for one of my own.""They can try and take my mutant friend. But if they try to shoot, or throw cuffs on him like a rabid dog, they'll have to shoot through me first. Call it a loyalty thing."

STAR WARS GALAXY AT WAR

E2F89AB957A1479880B245CBBECF5036.jpg

... we have cookies

IC (Military NPC):

Even as Chambers began to speak, another of those under his command began to speak up as well.

"You don't expect us to put up with that bull****, do you?" he growled, his gun pointed at 'Paragon' like all the others' were. "This man here set fire to an innocent police officer for no reason whatsoever, and in case you weren't aware, that makes him a criminal. And before you start going on about how 'you're just jealous that somebody else got a luckier gene selection, but you shouldn't be bitter about it,' shut your lying mouth right this instant." His eyes flashed when the mutant looked to him, and possibly the others as well.

"All the rest of us would be well and happy to make a better world if all of you wouldn't jump in and muck it all up. All we want is peace here, and then one of you comes up and ruins everything. You ever stop to think about how many people have been thrown from their homes in your fights for 'justice?' How many people have lost sons and daughters, or the kids who've lost their mothers and fathers, their brothers, sisters, cousins, and uncles, all because two groups of mutants with different ideas have to duke it out in the streets? Yeah, you've been helpful before. We're grateful for that. But then you all come in here, high and mighty, acting like you're the only heroes around, and you can just walk all over us harder-working people, like you're trying to do right ****ing now." He stopped, shooting a quick glance to the other man who'd walked over.

"So yeah. We aren't following your suggestion, because all you do is walk around like you're the only heroes here, the only people worth anything, and there's only been one of you in recent history who doesn't think that. You think you're a hero, you're doing the right thing by getting this man out of here? News flash: You're not. And so, by the authority vested in all of us by the US Government, I think it's high time we place you under military arrest, for aiding and abetting - don't you agree, Lieutenant? Because I think the time for negotiation is over."

Edited by The Otter

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC - Burnblade - New York

****!

Mocking tones came from behind John as he prepared to defend his new friends. Bah. Not when the officer is being a ****ing ****.

And as things happened, he was fairly sure the officer had threatened them first when they had committed no crime. Clearly, in this society, you can arrest someone because they simply happened to be born with fire powers.

It seemed not all SHIELD agents were quite as good as Agent Stranger. John adopted a three-quarters stance so he could see everyone, backing up a bit.

"I had half a mind to come quietly, sir." He said the last word with great force. "But now you are threatening two very reasonable people who I just happen to care about. There is no way I will accept your terms as things stand." That, and he couldn't afford to let anyone see his face under the mask, which would most certainly happen if he were arrested. That would just crush his hopes of bringing mutant powers to everyone and balancing the world out, of bringing peace.

Supremacy was clearly much more calm than John was, and he sincerely hoped he had a very good reason for being that way. They were going to need one.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

IC (Chambers)

"Yes. Because letting someone walk away from the scene of a terrorist attack after he set fire to a man....is clearly the right thing to do." Marcus pinched the bridge of his nose and rallied himself. "You threaten us. You interfere in a military operation. You insert yourself into a situation you have no authority in....and somehow, you make us out as the racist, xenophobic villians." Marcus looked at Supremacy with something approaching bile fascination. "I am forced to wonder at the twisted mental gymnastics you must have preformed to achieve that."

Chambers eyed the marine who had spoken up, once upon a time he would have lectured him about this, but given the situation at hand, he was inclined to be lenient. "I am forced to agree. The mutant is under arrest. He will be coming with us. One way or another."

Edited by Basilisk

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC:"Well, see, Mr. Stranger over there happens to be a teammate of mine. And I'm sorry to say, that they're gonna have to cuff him. Accident or not, things require investigation, you know?""And, see, there's this little thing about mutant powers. With a few notable exceptions, they require conscious thought. He may not have meant to set the officer on fire, but he sure as heck meant to use his power." James' expression didn't change, but a steely glint appeared in his eyes. "And I know all about military procedure. And I happen to know, both from that procedure and from my own eyes, that they were provoked.""Now, see, from all of this, we're going to have to arrest you both. Because you know what? The X-Men, under US law, are terrorists. And unregistered mutants. Which means that it is in point of fact my duty to see you both arrested."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: Military NPC

"Thank you, Lieutenant...and, my mutant friends, I believe the fact that the representative here of the highest authority in the land just spoke out against you should be enough for you to realize that you're not getting out of this. Shall I give you the Miranda Warning, or do you know it well enough as it is?"

profiles i guess

EDIT OOC ARGH, ninja'd so many times. Editing...DOUBLE EDIT Great, now I've got to change it back.IC KnowerI watchec the news feed as the disaster started to slow. Then one of the marines got set on fire. "Uh-oh," I thought. "This warrants a closer look." Setting my milk down on a counter, I sat down, triggering my RV powers again.If Ares was paying attention, then he may have been able to see a faint energy ball of sorts rove the scene. That energy ball was my power, a "third eye" from which I viewed the world. The eye saw everything, including some clown pretending to be an X-Man. I couldn't get. Closer look but at least I knew who to target. "Something seems fishy about him," I thought before my remote viewing fizzed out. "Gotta work on that," I thought as I stood back up. But it was enough. The thoughts coming out of that man were way too fishy for a "hero".But, it seems that they had it handled already. Sighing, I went back to my milk. Still, I sent a message to my fellow agents on the ground. "That's no X-Man. Threat level: Very hostile. Detain or eliminate as soon as possible."

Edited by Constructman

IC - Convention Hall - New York: Supremacy smiled warmly at the soldiers. "Your sense of duty is only resolved by your myopia, and your prejudice." He chuckled and stepped back, touching Burnblade on the shoulder. The mutant leaned over and whispered quickly to the other mutant. "I'd suggest that you get out of here now. Head to the X-Mansion. 1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, Westchester County, New York. Head to the Brooklyn Station subway, and you'll find a faster way than by car. Go on, run. Dr. McCoy will help you." The mutant 'hero's grin disappeared, as he straightened up and faced down the soldiers and Mr. Rogers. "Try it."

Edited by Madara: Mangekyou Master

STAR WARS GALAXY AT WAR

... we have cookies

IC:"Alright."The supersoldier gestured for the soldiers behind him to intercept Burnblade with a subtle flick of his hand. Unintelligible to most, but James had worked with the normal military before. He knew a few of their methods.

"I'm in a good mood. I'll even give you a free shot."

Edited by The Snark Knight

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

IC-NPC Bryce Luty:

"Sir, if you move a step, then I will be forced to use all possible measures to detain you," Bryce growled out to Burnblade as a warning, even as he turned back to Supremacy.

"Sir, how well do you know your Miranda Rights? Do you think you could recite them?"

Edited by The Otter

profiles i guess

IC (Chambers)

Chambers didn't miss the movement. He'd made enough arrests during his time at the DPD to take a guess at what was transpiring. "I wouldn't suggest running. Very dangerous around here. Anti-mutant protestors....who, we, incidentally, defended the president from, are still clogging many of the streets. Oh. And we are authorized to use lethal force. You accuse us of wanting violence, of abusing our power....and yet, here you are. Ready to start a fight. Ready to resist the laws of the land you claim to defend. I will not ask again. Stand. Down." Even as Chambers spoke, snipers sighted in and took aim. The slightest hostile movement or attempt to flee....wouldn't end well. They would shoot to disable if they were simply fleeing, but if they went hostile....

Edited by Basilisk

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

Ic (Chambers)

"Right then." With a deft hand and a quick gesture, Chambers removed his arc caster from it's holster and fired a nonlethal blast of electricity at the would-be X-Man. He didn't really have time to dodge and the blast would likely turn him into a twitching mess on the ground. Largely harmless. He loved these new casters, a bit like a taser....but they still worked on mutants that had hardened skin. Or skin made of stone. Or were wearing armor.....the point was the design team had been rightfully praised for making it. In general, if it had a nervous system it should go down.

OOC: Immunity to a shortcircuited nervous system isn't a common power...and I figured an electricity gun is quite possible considering the giant robots.

Edited by Basilisk

IC - Convention Hall - New York: Supremacy smiled at Rogers. "You're very confident. Rightly so. But I'm not interested in your patronizing attitude. Nor am I interesting in taking your offer. The X-Men defend the oppressed. We defend people. Not laws." "Otherwise, we would all have registered by now, don't you think?" The mutant's eyes gleamed, and he spoke directly to Burnblade. "Go. I won't let you get hurt."He tilted his head at Alyssa. "What parent in their right mind would name their child 'Paragon'?" "Spiral." "Spider. One of these days I'm gonna have to thank you for being so gifted. There's nothing like the most secure psychic forum in the world to conduct these kind of missions."

STAR WARS GALAXY AT WAR

... we have cookies

IC:"You might have noticed that the oppressed became the oppressed after they refused to register. And in the end, this isn't even about registration. It's about the fact that you are aiding a man we need to bring in.""So stand down, or face the consequences of your acti-" James was cut off by both Knower and Alyssa, both of whom he happened to know were able to see truth where it was otherwise obscured. "Well. That's good enough for me."

"I take it you know your Miranda Rights, Mr. X-Man?"

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC - Convention Hall - New York: Supremacy took the bolt in the center of his chest, the suit itself blunting most the electrical shock. The bolt stunned the mutant, knocking him onto his knee, as he clutched his chest.

When he first found out about his nigh-invulnerablity, the mutant had jumped for joy in excitement. Incidentally, that was how he found out he could fly. It was great. For the first week. Then the excitement and the euphoria wore off and reality set in. "Every power comes with a price."

It started with his sense of smell. Thanksgiving, freshman year, he had come home, expecting the sweet smell of his mother's pumpkin pie, and the turkey fresh from the oven. But nothing came. Nothing. Then his taste buds lost their sensitivity. It was horrible. The last thing he had tasted was the blend of peas and cheese that was obligated to appear at his family's Thanksgiving supper. Gone. Even the memory of that meal had all but faded. He had tried to hide it, but eventually, his sense of touch faded out too. Void. He could relate to a sculpture. An Adonis in appearance, perfect in every way. Seeing the world, but never experiencing it. Empty.

He couldn't explain it. Not then. Not now. But now, the greatest drawback of his gifts coming back to help him. Who would have guessed?

The electricity fizzled about on his skin for a moment, as he gasped for breath. "Why don't you refresh my memory?"

STAR WARS GALAXY AT WAR

... we have cookies

Now John was quite offended. "As I'm sure you may have noticed upon getting close enough to see, there was alcohol on the ground. I sent him suppressive fire after he tried to kill me. I doubt the law allows you to kill a mutant for being a mutant at any random occasion."

The situation was getting more tense by the second. "I came here because I once lived here as a child, and I don't take kindly to my old home being destroyed by racist ********!" He flared up, both literally and metaphorically.

And...snap.

"NO!" He immediately unleashed a volley of bullet-speed fire bolts at the soldier who had fired the electricity gun. "I won't leave you behind, X-Man or not." he said to Supremacy.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

IC Knower"By the Octessence themselves, did he just..."Man, this day was full of surprises. Getting up from my chair, I began to walk to the most secluded area of the Helicarrier. Once there, I promptly sat down. Closing my eyes, I began to meditate. "Gather energy," I repeated to myself over and over and over and over. If somebody happened to walk by, they would feel a nearly physical aura round me as I charged up my energy fieldin preparation for a powerful telepathic attack. But all they would see would be me sitting there like a dork.IC Rage"Dude, Stahp!" Carter yelled over to Burnblade. "You're only making it worse!"

Edited by Constructman

IC (Chambers)

Chamber ducked. Right then. No more nice guy.

"Fire! Fire! Targets are hostile!"

Chambers folded into a running position and took cover behind the remains of a police car. All around him, the marines did much the same. Then the air filled with bullets. Sniper stook aim with AP rounds.....and the full force of the US military descended upon the rogue mutants. They fired in controlled bursts of course, taking care not hit any allies still rushing to cover. Marines weren't ones for spraying and praying. Bullets did little good if you didn't hit the target. The snipers, of course, didn't have much to worry about. Being highly trained marksmen who were, by virtue of being in the position in the first place, crack shots.

Edited by Basilisk

NPC-Bryce Luty:

Think fast.

These were words that had been ingrained in Bryce nearly every second of his life, if only from his own doing if not from those of others. Take quick note; bullets were flying at Chambers, Supremacy, AKA 'Paragon,' had defied the laws of any creature's body by standing up during an attack with electricity, and he had a gun in his hand.

Chambers ducked. Time to open fire. Bryce rolled behind the same police car that Chambers had moved to, his M4A1 held up and opening fire out on Burnblade, the supersonic rounds flying just as fast as the fire bolts he'd fired, and would likely be much harder to escape from, even as a grenade came from that very same man to explode at Supremacy's feet.

profiles i guess

OOC: Madara, I must say that Supremacy, NPC or not, shouldn't be able to withstand a shock like that. If his nerves work, otherwise he couldn't move, then he's susceptible to things like tasers. Maybe he wouldn't be as stunned, but still susceptible.

IC:

But Burnblade's attack was blocked, both by a red and white shield and a body.

James had withstood far worse. Fire users were nothing new, he'd had a duel with a Brotherhood member whose powers had been far more potent than this attack. That shield came down in the span of a blink, as a fist slammed toward Burnblade's face.

The mutant may have been stronger than most, but physically, he'd met his match in this supersoldier. "I wanted to do this nicely. I really did.""You'd have been released pretty quickly. But some people don't know when they're wrong!"

fK5oqYf.jpg

And there was confirmation that he could trust the third man. Clearly he cared, but...

Gunfire exploded from all sides. He had to keep in motion, pushing all of his muscles to propel him towards cover, zigzagging to avoid the marksmen predicting where he landed. He rolled aside as his armor was slashed by bullets and a shoulder plate halfway shattered, ending up behind a car. "Paragon, jump!" He knew that wasn't the mutant's true name, but it would work until he could discover it. Grenades were dangerous...too dangerous.

"Mutants are never released quickly. And you'd force me to register, which..." he remembered that to achieve his goal of peace, he had to keep his identity a secret, at least at present. "...just isn't going to work out." He shot volleys of bullet-speed fire bolts at each of his opponents, especially the snipers, giving covering and suppressive fire for his friends. We can't win this one directly. We need to damage them enough to retreat.

Facing the large man with the shield again, he drew his blade and set the blade on fire, heating it up enough to noticeably boost its cutting ability. "If I really meant to kill that cop, why did I save him?"

Pk57sNJ.jpg

IC (PFC Rooks)

"Did he seriously expect that to hit me? I'm half way across the block..." Rooks shook his head and he thought he caught a snicker from his spotter. The fire mutant clearly had difficulty thinking. Snipers were, by their very nature, best when in a position of cover and well away from the enemy. They also had more warning then the typical soldier in combat range....allowing them to move, dodge, duck or any other variety of things. "Whatever." Rooks sighted in on the fire mutant, loaded the the AP ammo and fired. The flames only made him easier to track, he was as easy a target as one could ask for. On fire and....just standing there.

....and Rooks was very good at his job.

Edited by Basilisk

IC:At least, that's what Burnblade planned to do. But while he was ducking about, James was moving. When he turned to face the supersoldier again, a fist was already flying toward his face at close range.

"See, there's the issue. The unwillingness to cooperate." His next words were directed to Ares, not far behind him. "Ares. Take down the impostor. Nonlethal if you can."

fK5oqYf.jpg

John's fire was little more than a distraction, but it was all he needed to keep from behind shot by everyone. There was no room left to speak. Now it was simply combat. He saw the fist and fell over--but not from the punch. He did so intentionally while swinging his sword at his attacker's arm. It was a makeshift dodge, all he could manage under these conditions.

Conveniently, that also meant the round Rooks had fired was headed at his attacker. "Stranger! Can you reason with your boy here?" He rolled aside and stood, shooting the engine of the car he had taken cover behind. A violent rush of metal and fire blasted out of the vehicle, right next to the man who wanted to punch him. Now to find new cover.

He kept in motion, pushing himself as hard as he could to get behind a building nearby. More shots bounced off his armor and sent pieces cracking off. He really hated having to fix stuff like that, which he had to do later.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

IC (Rooks)

"You can run, but you can't hide." Rooks activated his infrared scope, taking care to stay from large concentrations of fire and heart and tracked the mutant as he ran to hide behind a building. He could tell there was no one in it, they'd all fled when the riot had started. Or when the copter had blown up. It hard to tell. Rooks sighted in again, checked to make sure his round were AP and then he aimed. Center mass. Hard to dodge. Also be hard to hear him fire over the din of combat. This would be a relatively easy kill.

Rooks fired.

IC Knower"Sooooooo, huuuum, sooooooo, huuuuuuum, sooooooo, huuuuuuum..."In a state of intense focus, I began gathering my energy. My body was practically glowing with psionic force as I prepared my telepathic strike. Activating my RV powers once more, my mind's eye shifted down to the battlefield. Sure enough, the fire blasting mutant had gone bad and was now trying to single-handedly fight his way out of the encirclement. "Well, we can't have that can we," I thought evily to myself. If I hadn't been in a meditative trance, my evil cackles would have echoed off of the walls.Seeing Burnblade attempting to resist, I chose my target. I coupld barely contain my dark glee as I prepared the strike. Having a good feel for his energy signature, I pounced. A massive wave of psionic energy headed straight for Burnblade's mind, but it wasn't just a sledgehammer. No, it was also a grappling hook; one that would take hold on John's mind...

IC - Supremacy - New York:The rain of bullets came in spurts, ricocheting violently as they struck Supremacy's kneeling form. The mutant coughed as he straightened up again, bullets spinning off into the area around him. An AP round from one of the snipers rocketed into his shoulder, causing him to stagger forward slightly. Mind secure in the 'forum', Supremacy felt at liberty to curse. " humans and their toys." Supremacy watched as Burnblade and Rogers sparred, before running forward, circling around the agent of SHIELD and reaching for fire-wielding mutant with an outstretched palm.

STAR WARS GALAXY AT WAR

... we have cookies

IC (Chambers)

"Bloody ****. He just doesn't know when to quit." Chambers stuck his head out of cover and raised his arc caster, he took careful aim, madesure to lead his target by just the right amount.....then he fired. Another advantage the arc caster had over tasers. Range. Wasn't a match for guns in that department, but it was darn sight better then a typical taser.

Edited by Basilisk

IC:

The cool wood of the podium supplied a steady grip for Robert Binder's hands as he stood in front of the audience of dignitaries, politicians, and reporters, of all things, clinging like barnacles to the back of the hall. A paper prepped by the White House speechwriters sat in the space between his clenched knuckles, but the President felt little but passing disregard towards the four-page paper. The lights were dimmed, but not overly so, leaving just the slightest vestiges of light. Pockets like freckles throughout the room, allowing people just enough light to see the speaker and their fellow audience members.

What had he to lose here? Nothing, in the scheme of things: he'd been elected to a second term after a long, bitter campaign in which he had to fight off attacks from not only the Democrats but also his own party, who had come to see him as too progressive to truly be effective in the Oval Office. Their slow abandonment, too, had failed; the public thought him a bit rigid, a bit detached, but the picture of a leader nonetheless, and so Binder had gone from a marooned politician destined to be relegated to the annals of history to a two-term President by a surprising margin. He had nothing to lose here; he was never running for office again. This was not about him. It was about his daughter, and her generation, and the generation after that. After your final election, everything clears up. Your eyes take on a foresight you'd never dreamed of.

President Robert Binder could see years into the future as he stood at that podium, and what he saw touched him to the core.

"Friends, colleagues," he began, clearing his throat. "My fellow Americans."

"On the flight from Washington, I had some time to put things in perspective. Not as much of it as I would have liked, perhaps, but it was more time to reflect than I've had in a long while. That's one of the things they don't tell you, the night that you're hired for this job: you don't have time to think about yourself as much as you'd like to. And make no mistake, you are hired for this job: it's a long, grueling interview, and in the end, sometimes the best man for the job isn't the one who ends up getting hired. But it's his job nonetheless, and at the end of it all, when it's time for him to flick off the lights to his office after a long week of work, every man who's taken that job can safely say that they've made a difference. When I was elected, I told myself, over and over again, that if I could get one chance...just one...to continue that legacy, then it would all be worth it."

The press, as one giant, monstrous entity, perked up; could it be that the President, a man known for his cool, almost robotic composure at all times, was starting to harness the human element before their eyes?

"When I took this job, I swore before a live audience of my peers and my betters that I would perform this job for the good of the American people - for the good of all the American people. Man, woman, child, poor, rich...mutant or non-mutant. From the very first day I put my hand on the Bible and swore to God and everyone that I would defend the sovereign ideals and inalienable rights that made this the greatest nation on earth from the very day of its conception, I have fought for the well-being of each and every American citizen, no matter their genetics. This has not won me many allies in Washington; my employers, the people watching this speech right now, have fostered an agitation beyond anything seen since the days of the late, great Reverend Martin Luther King, Jr. at the push for mutant rights. And yet...I find solace because I truly believe it is the right thing to do."

"I do not say this to win political favor; what use is favor, now that my career as a politician has reached its apex? I do not say this to win campaign contributions; I no longer have the need for benefactors. I say this as a student of history, someone who has seen the tides of change sweep again and again across our great land, and as someone who has watched proudly as each time, every time that the sunlight shone on us by almighty God dries away the waves, our nation bounces back more powerful and more righteous than it ever was before. I say this as a man who once upon a time looked at the Mutant Registration Act as a saving grace, a piece of legislation that could be used as a weapon to keep this country safe, and as a man who now sees it to be the single most discriminatory piece of legislature since the Jim Crow laws. Most importantly, I say this as an American citizen. I say this as one of you, a man who not too long ago had a desire and a dream to come to Washington and make a difference. I say this as a father, a man whose legacy will not be measured in the legislation he passed, or the speeches he makes here tonight, but as a father, of a beautiful, sweet, talented daughter who has the entire world in front of her, if and when she chooses to take it."

"In ten years or so, my daughter will be married, and perhaps she will have a child. Perhaps that child will be a mutant, and it is my dream that that child - my grandchild - will grow up in a world where he is not looked at as a lab rat, or as a genetic abnormality, a dirty bomb waiting to explode in his school cafeteria, but as a child. With hopes, and dreams, and loves, just like we all had growing up. That is why I'm here tonight: not to rip back the curtain of truth all at once, but to hand you the rope, and let you draw it yourself. There is, as they say in Washington, only one set of facts, and the facts are that these mutants are truly and undeniably human beings. This makes them subject to all the rights and freedoms granted them in the Constitution. There are people who will not accept this, just as there are those who will not accept gun control, or universal health care, or that all Muslims are not out to drench American soil with the blood of those who seek to defend it, or the fact that the New England Patriots are undeniably going to win this year's Super Bowl. That's okay. But these are people; I do not agree with all the methods they use to push their agenda, nor do I agree with the ground troops they use to push this agenda. But I believe in their cause, and God forbid someday that cause flounders, because as it flounders so too will the ideals that allowed that cause to be fought in the first place: the ideals that made this country great."

Binder lifted up his four-page speech now, let the cameras zoom in on it, let conspiracy bloggers and journalists alike grab screencaps.

"I have spoken to you for these last several minutes directly from the heart," he pronounced. "Not a single sentence I've shared with you all tonight is a brainchild of the wonderful, wonderful men and women in Washington who normally write my speeches. This speech tonight is all mine, but even as I wind down with this phase of it, the speech is not yet over. It will never run its course, not as long as there is one amongst you watching this who believes in the equal rights of all human beings who call this great nation home. It will never run its course as long as there is a mutant child who is beaten, and abused, and left in the streets to die because it can register pheromones, or control the shift of time, or because it is coated in blue fur and is the size of a basketball player. As long as one amongst you believes in the decency of man and that pureness of heart is not a long-gone ideal, or a trope to be found in Disney movies, as long as one amongst you watches this speech days or weeks or months from now and feels a chord strike your heart, and feels the grace and goodwill of God enter your soul, and as long as you look at mutants not as mutants, but as a person who eats like you, plays like you, curses his boss under his breath like you, as long as one amongst you can give a mutant a chance to seek out those greatest of inalienable rights - life, liberty, the pursuit of happiness...then this speech, and the dreams of the men, the women, the children who fought and suffered and died so that their blood could ink out the words of this speech in my unworthy heart, shall never truly end."

"God bless equality, God bless you all, and God bless the United States of America."

And as President Robert Binder closed his teary eyes, the energy draining out of him live on the stage as his impassioned oration finally slowed, the delegates rose as one and began to cheer.

-Tyler

Edited by Tyler Durden

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

OOC: ..........Okay.TNG? I really, really was going to just let this slide, but I am quickly seeing this drop into a recurring pattern. First of all, you remember that little agreement before John was approved? About how projectiles decreased in speed the more of them there were? Why is this happening?

He shot volleys of bullet-speed fire bolts at each of his opponents, especially the snipers, giving covering and suppressive fire for his friends.

And I'm kind of curious. How is he evading blows from a supersoldier so easily with just enhanced strength? Versus James' enhanced... Everything? And how is he predicting and evading shots from trained military professionals so easily?

fK5oqYf.jpg

OOC: Here he comes, mentlegen. Pariah has been stricken from the records in favour of Bryce Luty, if he is accepted.

Name: Bryce J. Luty

Codename: Gunnery Sergeant Luty

Faction: USMC

Powers: N/A

Weapons: M4A1 Assault Rifle, Ka-Bar knife, Glock-20 pistol firing 10mm Auto ammunition.

Skills: Well, he's a crack shot, and he's good at getting into fights. And succinctly getting out of them.

Personality: Bryce J. Luty is generally a rather quiet soldier, with a gruff personality, though when sufficiently provoked he can rather quickly shift to a vindictive, snark-filled attitude, generally with a good smattering of laconic wit after his first long speech or two.

Weakness: Nothing but a human, here. No powers or anything.

Bio: Bryce started off as a relatively normal man, with a normal life, growing up in a small town down in Alabama, by the name of Monroeville. Following family tradition he joined the military as soon as he came of age, as a part of the US Marine Corps. And it was then that he got his first experience with mutants, fighting against the Brotherhood of Mutants around the time he turned 23, and then having the X-Men come save the day. Well, that was all well and good, except for the fact that a large group of what were basically egotistical teenagers on a power trip decided to act like they were the ones who had done all the work saving the day, when at that time, they'd barely paid any attention to any civilians nearby - and this led to a deep-seated distaste of most every mutant. Some have redeemed themselves in his eyes, though many act exactly as he expects them to: Either egotistical 'heros,' villains who think themselves the oppressed, and an overwhelming group of whiners who want to do good but won't do it in any good way.

Edited by The Otter

profiles i guess

OOC: Basilisk, you dodged 30 shots of bullet-speed fire. I doubt this'll be too much, eh?

And Krayzikk, it's because he fired them one by one. He basically shot full auto for 1 second at each of the enemies he could see. But apparently, no one was really hurt, so the point is moot.

John heard the bullet smash into the wall opposite the one he was behind and moved aside quickly. He also noticed Paragon or Impostor or whoever he was running at him, but he was shocked back into the situation when the bullet smashed into the shade extension above his visor and shattered it. "We're being shot! We need to fall back, Paragon!"

Pk57sNJ.jpg

OOC:

OOC: Basilisk, you dodged 30 shots of bullet-speed fire. I doubt this'll be too much, eh?

And Krayzikk, it's because he fired them one by one. He basically shot full auto for 1 second at each of the enemies he could see. But apparently, no one was really hurt, so the point is moot.

That is the derpiest anti-logic I have ever seen.

profiles i guess

OOC: TNG, I'm going to have to ask you to cease and desist posting with John until this is cleared up.

It isn't a moot point. "Volleys" implies more than one, and apparently you can still fire an entire hail of them, the very thing that the stipulation was imposed to avoid. Because John just fired at multiple targets at an incredibly rate in an incredibly short amount of time.

And you have absolutely no defense for his sudden, and miraculous, increase in agility.

fK5oqYf.jpg

OOC TNG, Knower attacked Burnblade.EDIT Apparently it doesn't matter anymore.IC RageMeanwhile, on the side, Carter was facepalming. Then, he saw the guitar dude step out of the shadows. "Dude, what are you doing here?" he yelled. "It's dangerous!"

Edited by Constructman

OOC: Since you weren't shooting to kill, the marines are in cover and fire is remarkably bad at going through solid things quickly...

Yeah. No sell TNG.