IC:

"You're only about four inches higher than you normally are."

IC:

"Yeah, I know, tiger," Brando said with much less flippant charm that normally, sitting up and cradling Natalie. It was a surprisingly warm day upstate, so there wasn't a lot of need for anything beyond a t-shirt. Out behind the house, Lake George lapped gently at the backyard, soft blue and serene. The yard itself was one giant, rolling hill beneath the patio, with small plateaus every now and then that you could play a game of catch on.

"I'm sorry, alright? Fury had my arms behind my back. The Powers that Be requested me specifically."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC: Natalie didn't speak for a few seconds. After what had happened, she just didn't know if she wanted to have the possibility of going through that again. Being in a relationship with one of SHIELD's top agents?Of course, she was one too..."I've already forgiven you," she said softly. "I did the instant I walked into that barn and heard you and James arguing." Her breath shook as she inhaled. "It won't ever be easy having you go on missions and never knowing if you're coming back, but I've got you to compensate." Natalie looked up at his face, her eyes sparkling through slight tears. "Good deal to me."

No such thing as destiny.

BZPRPG Profiles

OOC: This is going to be a fun one to type.

IC (Military)

Something made itself known over the rough retorts of the marine's weapons, something that drowned out even the impressive cacophany of the sniper's fifty caliber weapons. The lingering wisps of smoke did nothing to cloak it's arrival. What approached was one of the finest weapons ever deployed. It had brought fear to countless enemies during it's operational life cycle. It had been designed over ten years ago, but the design had been so sturdy that it continued to serve to this day. It was bristling with firepower, one only had to look at it to understand it's purpose was not transportation or scouting. This was a weapon. A deadly one. A few ragged cheers broke from the marines as they spotted it. As they felt the force of it's rotors kick up a great wind.

The Apache Attack Helicopter had joined the fray. The flyboys weren't about to let the marines get all the glory.

IC (Yuri)

As panicked voices poured over the radio, Yuri shook his head. The president was gone. His measures had failed. Somehow they had been defeated. How? That was question for another day. What mattered securing the area. Ensuring the safety of those who remained....and avenging his men. Terrorists had attacked twice today, rioters once. His defenses had held strong against two of those attacks....but they hadn't been enough. He had not been paranoid enough. Then a voice flowed over the radio.

"Sir! Thompson here. We've got a problem. Mutants trying to batter down door A-3. I've sent a fire-"

"Nyet. I will deal with this. Powers?"

"Appears to be metallic in nature. Possibly fire-based. She knocked out the camera's before we could confirm."

"Acceptable. Take position. You." He gestured to the marines around him. "You will hold the entrance. I will gather Thompson and his men. We will deal with this."

Yuri would deal with this mutant....but first, he would need to stop by the armory. Without a word, the general was off like a shot. Racing down the halls with the vigor of a man half his age.

Edited by Basilisk

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC:

“Hey, Brook?”

The Californian, who hadn’t moved from where she;d fallen over laughing, lifted her head. In fact, she did so just in time to see Rebekah move in, and hug her tightly. Unlike before, this wasn’t a hug meant to comfort. It was an embrace meant to try and communicate what she couldn’t seem to put into words.“Thank you. I don’t know how much of it you know, but I really haven’t been in the best of places for the past few.... Well. A long time. It seems simple to you, but it has meant a lot, just having someone who genuinely wants to be around me. And I suck at showing it, but I really appreciate it.”

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC:

For the briefest of seconds, Brooklyn looked shellshocked, unable of what emotions she could properly convey to reply to Rebekah, who, it appeared, had finally cracked open her own emotional reservoir. Finally, she hugged back and smiled, kissing the other girl on the cheek softly.

"I love you, too."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC - Convention Hall - New York: The female aide pushed past the agent in front of her. "Please, let me through, with all due respect, I'm trained for these kind of situations." She walked up to the microphone. "Please stay calm! Don't panic. The room is on lockdown, due to an external threat. You are completely safe." She swallowed nervously. "The doors sealed with blast doors are made of a carbonadium and steel alloy, interwoven with a sheet of vibranium. No one will be battering their way in, no one can blast their way in, and the doors will not open until the head of security has contained the threat."The young woman looked at the imposing agents behind her, watchfully guarding the politicians. "These fine agents from the Secret Service are on high alert. No one will be catching them by surprise again." "The kidnapper's only target seems to have been the President. Please, wait patiently until the doors are opened. Panicking is exactly what they, whomever they are, want us to do. Again, no one will be breaking in." She removed her glasses, mousy brown eyes suddenly turning a vibrant green. A rivulet of green liquid began to drip from her eye, smoking and burning a furrow down her face.Her voice suddenly changed, taking on a guttural nature. "And noo one will get out!" The woman's skin began to smoke and bubble, as her clothing slowly disintegrated, revealing a translucent green liquid, that began to leak from her. "Ladies, gentlemen, children. Do not be afraid, sapiens. I am an emissary from the ones this event has been held to honour. You humans and your endless prancing about, so smug in your superiority.""Quicksilver gives his regards! The Brotherhood has one message to those of you here with us tonight." The creature raised its hands, its voice a hideous shreak as the liquid that composed its form began to glow with white light. Its meatsuit swelled grotesquely, and its voice rapidly began to disappear, as the vocal structure of the female aide slowly dissolved. The creature's final shriek echoed out into the dining area. "We are not mere humans, you prating, insolent, pompous fools. We are SUPERIOR! WE ARE POWER!"At his final shriek, the mutant disintegrated completely, as an explosion ripped outwards from his body, completely shattering the stage with the force of its blast and spraying the room with remnants of the mutant's green gel-like body.

Edited by Madara: Mangekyou Master

STAR WARS GALAXY AT WAR

E2F89AB957A1479880B245CBBECF5036.jpg

... we have cookies

IC

How would you define an hour-and-a-half ride through the central U.S., half of it spent singing?

Depends who you ask.

Ask Angela Dean, and she'll tell you it was a trip through hades.

Ask Rene LeBeau, and he'll tell you it was the most fun he had since he arm-wrestled that biker and won fifty bucks.

True story.

Regardless, an hour and a half passed and the trio found themselves pulling into a gas station. The gas gauge fluttered like a dying bird between one-sixteenth-full and empty, which was roughly the amount of sanity Angela felt she had left. The station looked like it had seen better days (probably somewhere between doubleyou-doubleyou-eye and doubleyou-doubleyou-eye-eye), but a weary attendant sat inside, and the open side, though dingy and faded, was still flipped to open and not to closed.

Perfect time to stop for gas, and maybe take a break before her mind snapped.

As if to underline that last thought, Rene let out a whoop from the back and punched the air, holding his phone aloft.

"Yes! High score!"

"Dude, Temple Run is so early 2012," Dallas scoffed.

"You're just jealous, bro!"

"Of what? Your ugly mug?"

"Oooh, someone get me a paramedic! Broken heart over here!"

Angela had never been an extremely religious person, but she found herself directing her eyes towards heaven anyway, and mouthing a silent prayer.

Dear God: if You're up there, please kill me now.

IC:

"If you're not playing Curiosity, then you're doing it wrong," Dallas said, looking out the back window. "Yo, I'm gonna go in and grab a soda, maybe some chips or something. You want anything? Candy bar? Pretzels? Ribbons for your hair?"

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:After a long moment, the darkhaired girl shifted to the side. She didn't quite release her grip, but it loosened substantially as she took her place beside Brooklyn. The two were more or less leaning on the headboard, even as Rebekah kept her in a half hug. It was almost as if, finally having someone who really cared, she was afraid to let go.

"Anything in particular you want to do?"

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC - Convention Hall - New York:

Most of the room was left intact after the explosion, though the tables closest to the stage were overturned by the mutant bomb.Unfortunately, the same could not be said of the Senators and Representatives that had been assembled near the stage.IC - Convention Hall - New York: Stardust felt the shock of the explosion through the hallway. She had continued her assault on the door, making little progress. It seemed that it was truly indestructible. The female mutant snarled and struck the door once more in frustration. Terror's explosion, if it went well, would have left most of the room alive. Looks like she would have to wait until the foreign delegates were let out before she could begin her job.

STAR WARS GALAXY AT WAR

... we have cookies

IC

Rene shook his head, letting his golden locks bounce from side to side before striking a model-esque pose.

"Ribbons, of course. And a Coke, if they've got any."

He looked around at their surroundings.

"From the look of this place, I wonder if all they'll have is Pepsi."

IC:

"You're a big boy. If push comes to shove, you can handle a Dr Pepper," Dallas replied with a wink of one electric blue eye before turning and walking into the gas station. If Rene kept watching him walk, he would have seen the chronokinetic look up at the old structure the attendant was sitting inside (specifically the hanging pieces of roof fixture that looked as though they'd swing down and clonk him on the head, Abbot and Costello style) and do the sign of the cross.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: ???, Jackson, VenomIf anyone had cared to notice, one of the SS agents had vanished along with the president. Just before the dimensional gate had closed, the security guard who wasn't really a security guard had slowed time once more and stepped through. He pressed a button on his collar and whispered a single word under the veil of slowed time."Intervene."Miles away, the word was fed into a radio on Jackson's collar, where it was slowed down by a factor of about three thousand and relayed to the hulking lupine."Intervene."A long, sharp Adamantium claw slid from each of Jackson's fingertips. It was time for things to get messy. "So," we hissed, "the boy wants to play hero. How utterly, utterly pathetic."A single tentacle tipped with a jagged blade lashed out at Spencer.

67tlbk.png

IC - Convention Hall - New York:

Supremacy turned to face the chopper, picking up a large chunk of concrete which had been thrown up by the rocket launched earlier. "I didn't want to do this, but you've brought it on yourselves!" He leaned back and was about to throw the projectile forward, when the Apache opened fire with its chaingun. The force of the 30mm rounds physically pushed the mutant back, tearing up the concrete and knocking him to the ground. The bullets ricocheted here and there, but their sheer kinetic force was pinning him to the ground. Supremacy grunted, trying to get up, as the rounds pounded into him. He was a sitting duck.

STAR WARS GALAXY AT WAR

... we have cookies

IC (Military)

The Apache fired. Missiles emerged from the launchers at it's side and streaked through the air all of them were fixed on one target. Call it overkill, call it an irresponsible use of force....but this mutant had shrugged off gernades, enough bullets to open up a small shop and AP rounds. A little overkill was warrented....and the airforce was quite willing to provide it. The missiles were fast. Too fast to dodge in time. Supremacy and the Apache had one thing in common. They were both good at what they did but the Apache was better.

And what it did was kill.

OOC: Yuri post incoming. I just need to put the finishing touches on the loadout....

Edited by Basilisk

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC - Convention Hall - New York: Supremacy saw the Apache open fire. "Shi-"

There was a cloud of dust and smoke as the missiles impacted.

A crater was left behind, the prone form of Supremacy lying in it.

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

"Suprema-!" Spider blinked as Supremacy's last words slipped into her mind, followed by dead silence from his psychic link. There was no time to grieve. Only time to follow the mission. The girl was sprinting along a narrow pathway made of golden energy. The dimension around her swirled black and grey. "Spiral's personal little boomtube." The mutant raced along the path. The only way in, out, or through this place was at Spiral's bidding. Up to six people could travel through the dimensional path before it collapsed. "Spiral, are you ready? I hate this place. Gives me the heebie jeebies.""Patience, sister. The camera crew is in place. You'll be out in no time."

STAR WARS GALAXY AT WAR

... we have cookies

OOC: If you need help NPCing any of the Brotherhood NPC’s I wouldn’t mind helping Madara.

Nice speech Tyler. It was amazing. *claps*

EDITING my post. Will re EDIT when I'm finished.

Finished.

IC: Stranger (New York)

Conflict. That was the single word that tore through Ares’ head as the tension seemed to rise around them. Marines pointed their weapon at the fire mutant. He would be detained. Captured. Ares barely knew this man but he knew he was not a violent or evil mutant. Ares mind raced as he thought of ways he could help the man.

“Just go with them, I’ll make sure I’ll get you free somehow.” Ares pleaded with him. Trying to reason with him. He then turned to the marine he’d been speaking too. He nodded.

“Understood,” Ares said as he turned towards the marine the man had designated as Stevens. He has then paused when the lieutenant had blown up at the new arrival, an X-Man, and then at Ares and the other SHIELD agents present.

Ares turned to see James as he approached. Good, a fellow Avenger at the scene. James was Ares’ leader, so he had to follow his orders. Technically Ares did have higher clearance then most of the marines around him. But he did not want to flaunt that fact. He was here to aid however he could.

Soon though one of the marines was exploding at the X-Man as well; things seemed about ready to blow. Especially since flames were circling the fire-mutant.

Then James spoke again. Ares didn’t want the world seeing this. He began to weave his hands as they began to glow a bright blue. He muttered his spell as halos encircled each wrist. When he’d finished casting his illusion he released the spell. It activated, creating an illusion dome around them. They all simply vanished from sight for the news camera above.

Then Alyssa spoke. Ares turned towards her. He heard her words immediately after he got Knower’s message.

This man was a mutant. He was supposedly hostile and it seemed he wasn’t a real X-Man. Ares knew to trust Alyssa’s powers. Then the flame mutant attacked the marine after he’d shot the X-Man with the electrical weapon.

“No!” Ares yelled. He’d made the worst possible choice… now they could easily charge him for sure. This mutant he was aiding was not what he said he was. He was dangerous.

He heard James’ orders. He nodded. His hand flew forward as he unleashed a blast of blue magical energy. The energy was powerful and it streamed towards Supremacy continuously. Ares hadn’t put enough energy into the spell to kill. Instead it would pack a powerful punch. But Supremacy was on the move and Are’s shot missed him.

“I would if I could but you attacked the marines! I’m sorry!” Ares shouted back to the fire mutant. Things went to heII quicker then Ares could almost comprehend. A bomb going off inside the building; screams of terror from within; a helicopter blasting the false

X-Man with an overkill amount of power. He was almost instantly killed, nothing but a crater was left behind.

Now that the false X-Man was down for the count Ares knew he had to get inside to protect the president. He turned towards one of the metal shutter doors. He then began to concentrate and weave his spell; there was a flash of light as Ares teleported himself inside the building.

IC: Nicole

“Why are you doing this!” Nicole tried to blurt out.

IC: Romulus (Lodge, New York)

Romulus nodded. “Either you are trying to impress me or you are as good as you say.” He said. “Deal with the body and report to the mansion.” Romulus said.

He pressed a few buttons on his phone. “And here are the coordinates.” He said as he began to turn away.

“This has been an interesting business deal. Don’t even think about not showing up at the mansion with the data.” A smile crept across his face again.

“With this nose I can track you anywhere. Cross me and I will kill you.” He turned away and then walked through the empty lodge. He didn’t even glance at the body of the lodge owner as he stepped over it; the rim of his black boots touching the pool of blood as he opened the door and made his way outside.

Romulus pulled himself into the limo waiting outside. It was filled with about five masked Hellfire assassins. They were backup; just in case he’d tried to escape during the deal.

“Back to the mansion.” He told the driver.

Edited by Sir Flex Nardius

OOC: Oh Chuck be praised. I'm saved. Please, thank you! :) take over a few of them. I would like to note that Supremacy killed a grand total of 0 marines during that little trigger-happy spree ya'll went on.IC - Cambion - Lodge: As soon as Romulus left the lodge, Victor leapt from his chair, stepping over the puddle of blood and peering through the curtains. When he was sure the other mutant had left, Maximoff breathed a sigh of relief. Somehow, some God in heaven had smiled down on him. He felt his racing pulse. It felt like his heart was going to leave his chest. It was a miracle. He had met the monster face to face, and had survived.IC - Brotherhood NPC:Spiral looked at his television screen. The cameras had mostly gone blank. With the exception of a feed he had coming in from a traffic cam near the convention centre.He swirled his fingers and opened up a portal for the bruised and beaten fire mutant. He really didn't want to think about what had probably happened to Supremacy. The mutant sighed and swirled his fingers once more, looking at a second screen. A portal opened up, and out stumbled Spider and her captive. She had arrived at Mr. Binder's final destination. "You know our orders. I'll meet you in a few minutes."He watched the other screen. Would the fire mutant make the leap of faith?

STAR WARS GALAXY AT WAR

... we have cookies

IC: Spencer's eyes widened quite perceptibly, and his muscles exploded into motion, his body rocketing to the side as he made to stick to a nearby tree. Mind racing as he tried to figure out what, exactly, he planned on doing now that he had Venom's attention, Spencer's mouth went on autopilot.

"Hey! Don't go throwing stones in a glass house! If anyone here is pathetic, it's the wannabe villain beating on innocent inanimate objects!"

Spencer's mile a minute thought process stopped for a moment so Spencer could consider what he had just said.

'That was mega corny... Sounded so much better in my head...'

---

Despite the television being turned off and such, the explosions and gunfire that had occurred were still quite audible from Siegfried's mother's flower shop. With a sigh, Siegfried turned the television back on, the newscaster on screen already in the middle of describing the situation only some blocks away.

~Totally like a boomerang. I always come back. Just never when you want me to.~

OOC: Lol I’ll take Stardust. Though I feel like if she rushes outside she’s just gonna get destroyed by the amount of snipers/marine fire.

I can’t top Binder’s speech but Pietro had to give one before he killed the President. Poor America XD.

Also using that invite from Tyler to land the Blackbird XD

With this post I’m going to bed. Will look at the two new profiles I saw tomorrow.

IC: Feral (Blackbird)

John sat quietly on the rest of the trip back on the plane. He kept his eyes averted from the others and tried to put a stop to his dark thoughts. Thoughts about the best friend he’d lost. That made two. He’d lost Dallas too sort of. The Californian had up and left. He hadn’t even said goodbye. HeII, John hadn’t even heard from him since he left.

Now Ashlynn was dead too. Who did John have left? To talk with; to help keep the monster within him at bay? Before John knew it and the Blackbird touched down on the landing strip. It rolled into the Hangar-Bay of the basement level and came to a complete stop.

John got up and grabbed his mask as he made his way to the door. He pressed a button on a panel and the metal walkway extended towards the ground below. John stepped down it. Instinctively he sniffed the air. He did this often when he returned to the mansion after a mission. To check in and make sure there was nothing going on. Strange and unfamiliar scents would register quickly.

This time John smelt something. He smelt blood. And lots of it. “Wait, something’s wrong!” he said as he took off running. Snikt. His adamantium claws were already out as he sprinted through the metal hallways of the mansions lower level.

Suddenly he skidded to a stop by a large hair blue form as he attempted to lift himself up enough to crawl a few more feet. There was a trail of blood behind him and John saw six oozing red holes in his backside.

“No… Hank!” John yelled as he ran to Beast’s side. “He needs help! Somebody!” John yelled. Ashlynn wasn’t around. She was gone. She was dead. She couldn’t heal Beast, not anymore. Now Beast was dying too. Everyone John loved was dying.

“You can’t die Hank… not like this. Not now.” John said as more tears dripped down his cheek. The large blue form in front of him was more then just his headmaster. More then just the founder of the team he fought for. He was John’s father. Not in blood but in substance. Hank had raised John when his father hadn’t. He’d shown John kindness and love; filled the small angry boy with human emotions. Emotions he may not have been able to develop if he’d been left to his own devices; an orphan with a dangerous mutation.

“Hang in there for me Hank.” John said as he wrapped his arms under Hanks’s chest and abdomen. He then hoisted him up with all his strength. John’s muscles bulged and burned as he carried the huge mutant. He walked as fast as he could with his heavy load. His muscles straining as he took every step.

IC: NPC Stardust

Stardust concentrated the energy that resided in her internal furnace. Red hot cosmic energy lanced out and began to splatter across the metal barrier before her as she attempted to melt her way through. She followed up with several powerful blows with her metal fists; she was well protected from the heat of her own energy.

IC: Spider, Quicksilver, President Binder

Spider - A psychic who can generate eight psychic connections, linking minds into what can best be described as a "forum." She is also able to create psychic interference in people's minds,t through physical contact, creating a vertigo-like effect. By using her forum, she can allow another person to possess her. This possession psionically shifts the effect of light on her, causing others to perceive her as the person possessing her. She usually wields a pair of short swords.

“Initiating contact…” Spider said as she reached out to a mind far away. A mind that was currently watching the Enforcer’s attack his new kingdom. She brushed the mind of Quicksilver. Her ‘forum’ power would be quite handy since Quicksilver couldn’t be here himself.

She held one of her short swords to the President’s neck. Her other hand was pressed gently on his cheek as she used her psychic interference to give Binder an intense vertigo affect that would make it hard for him to flee.

-Genosha-

As Quicksilver stood within his chambers he turned away from the battle. He summoned his super-speed as he appeared next to his shelf. Resting on it was a picture; a picture of his father, Magneto.

His father looked as imposing and strong as ever. He had a kind of fire and passion in his pale blue eyes; one that had been transferred to Pietro’s own orbs. Now, he was nearing the age of his father when he’d been at his most powerful; when the Brotherhood had been at the height of its strength.

Charles Xavier’s dream had lived on past his final death (Pietro had lost count how many times he’d died before that). But so had Magneto’s. Years ago Pietro had sworn to carry on his father’s mantel. To finish the work his father had never been able to do. Now he would have that chance. Pietro reached over and grasped the helmet that had once belonged to his father. He had repainted it to match the colors of his costume, but still it was the same iconic form.

Quicksilver pulled the metal helmet over his head. He then felt Spider’s psychic probe. It was time. Quicksilver accepted the probe as he entered her ‘forum’. He took complete control of her body. His eyes suddenly snapped shut as his mind was transferred a vast distance.

When he blinked he now saw through the eyes of Spider. To Preisdent Binder lying before him like a sacrificial lamb, or to any witnesses in the vicinity Spider would have suddenly morphed into the likeness of Quicksilver.

“On your feet Mister President,” Quicksilver said coldly as he hoisted the man up. He still kept the sword pressed to the President’s throat as he slowly turned him around to face a camera on a tripod that had been set up earlier to take this all in.

The two figures now stood in front of the imposing and iconic national monument. Quicksilver stood before the massive giant of Abraham Lincoln himself.

“Brother’s and sisters of the world,” Quicksilver began. “I appear to you tonight so you may witness the death of the leader of the free world. This man has promised everyone so much. But has he accomplished any of it? No. The registration act still stands. Unregistered mutants are still being killed by the Enforcer’s. The end of the Sentinel’s was a façade. The death did not end there. This man represents everything that oppresses us. Mutants of America, and the world; this man holds the seat of power that halts our progress.”

“For our freedom he must die. The American government must crumble. It must be washed away by the tide of change. The strong will inherit the earth. It is time we stood up and took it for ourselves. These politicians would see us all dead or cured. But what they don’t understand is that we are humanity! Mutants and humans are the very same. Except we are the next step. We are what humanity becomes in the next millions years! We are its great transcendence into a new age.”

“Homo Sapiens are a dying breed. They fear and hate us and don’t understand the natural order of things. Mankind has worked this way for thousands of years. The strong takes over. They kill their enemies, and spread their empire by conquering land. Look at the Roman Empire, and the Empire’s that followed. Nothing has changed. The pitiful humans just can’t relinquish their power to the rightful! To those that deserve to rule! The strong!”

“If mutants are to bring forth a new age then we need a new Emperor! President Binder is the Caesar of old. He is weak and he is failing. Already his approval rates have hit rock bottom. He can bring forth nothing but empty words. But I will give you progress. I will give you a new nation! One founded where mutants are on top! Where mutants are in their rightful place.” Quicksilver grinned at the camera.

“Do you have any last words Mister President?”

“Nicole… if you see this. Honey I love you. Whatever happens nothing will ever change that.”

“Don’t worry, I will make sure your mutant daughter has a high place within my new order. Goodbye Mister President.” Pietro said. He then drew his longsword across President Binder’s neck quickly. The sharp blade cut through flesh and muscle easily as blood spurted down the President’s suit. Pietro pulled harder, slicing through more of Binder’s neck. Blood poured forth as the President’s head lulled backwards on his decapitated stump before it rolled off his neck.

Pietro watched as the President’s head began to bounce down the marble steps of the national monument. It left a nice little splatter of red on each step it hit as it made its way down.

IC:

(Scott)

My gods. He's gone to far. was all Scott was able to think as he heard the audio of Quicksilver killing the president on live TV. "He went to to far. Peace could have been there, and then Quicksilver comes in and ruins it all. This is not good, not good..." Scott was saying to himself, over and over. John's reaction to them getting home wasn't much better either. Following him down, Scott saw Beast, on the floor, bleeding out. "This is the end of the world as we know it..." Scott started to sing to himself, as he sat down. He was no medic, and that's what Beast needed. A medic.

War...war never changes.

We crawl, on our knees for you,
under, a sky no longer blue,
we sweat, all day long for you.

But we sow, seeds to see us though,
cause sometimes dreams just don't come true,
we wait, to reap what we are due.

-Rise Against, Re-Education (through Labor)

IC: [Zhu Xuan]

"... Oh you got to be kidding me."

Xuan stared at the television screen, an expression of complete disbelief and horror present on his face. Slowly and steadily, he reached for the remote, switching the appliance off. It seemed as if he had been blind all along - the cause he had been fighting for was ... well, too tyrannical for his liking.

"Time to retire, I suppose."

IC:

"Yes, I mean get me ###### everything you have," Jace yelled into his cell phone, moving down the hallway at a speed between mutant and vampiric. "I just watched the execution of the President of the United States cut into Parks and Recreation, and unless Amy Poehler got a really sick sense of humor all of a sudden, it's not a joke."

God, now we really have it up the wazoo.

IC:

"See, now why'd you have to go and do that? Huh?"

As President Binder's head hit the camera tripod, knocking the live feed over on its side, the camera zoomed out of its own accord and caught a handsome looking man who was obviously Caucasian, but had a dark tinge to his skin, as though from a place like the Orient. His voice, however, was that of, say, a Costa Rican, and anyone involved in the criminal underground or mutant justice instantly recognized Daken Akihiro walking towards Pietro calmly, almost jovially. He didn't look as though he'd been burned alive: his mohawk was cut down slightly so it only ran down to the start of his neck, but other than that there was no clear difference physically. They'd all heard the stories, one way or the other; what kind of devil could survive that kind of power...?

"You just set our cause back what, hermano, 100 years? 500 years? By the time mutant equality is even considered now, we'll be flying in cars, eating meals via chewing gum, all that fancy futuristic ######. Maybe by the time Tom, Dick, and Bigot watching this feed can give piece a shot, we'll be on some Isaac Asimov ######, working robot slaves overtime or hiring Will Smith to solve our problems for us. I dunno."

Daken reached the stair that Pietro was standing on, and the Brotherhood leader turned to look Daken in his dark blue eyes - definitely Caucasian - with a mix of apprehension and rage that his glorious moment had been trodden on.

"See, when I look at you - when these people look at you - they don't see the future. They just see an offshoot of the past," Daken explained with a charming grin. "They see mongrels, not purebreds; they don't see Rottweilers, they see a really bitchy version of Lassie. How old is your crew, man, like...fifty years old? Seventy years old? Times have changed, hermano. You aren't the Big Bad anymore. You aren't even a Little Bad. You're just...Really Bad. At everything you do, man. You think that scared people right there? Chopping off some Bible-thumper's dome for America to see? Have you ever read comments on the Internet? There are millions of people who would love a shot to do what you just did, because they hate mutants .You just martyred a guy who actually may have given you leeway, and now it'll bite ya where it hurts."

"I don't have to put up with this," Pietro growled. Daken smirked and tapped him three times on the helmet before punching him square in the nose; the Brotherhood leader's blood dropped, mingling with the blood of the President on the stairs.

"Oh, but you do. Because you're not the baddie in town anymore, Jaximoff. I am."

Daken looked at the camera on its side, almost as an afterthought, and waved.

"By the way, to any janitors or custodial staff in the Metropolitan Area watching this right now, you can thank me later for the pay raise you're all about to earn for working on these stairs."

-Tyler

Edited by Tyler Durden

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

OOC Is Pietro outside or inside? Also, do powers shift over when possession occurs?NPC Cult of Marduk Terrorist"06, where are you?! Withdr-" 06 ignored his orders. He was too close now. No turning back."You lie!" Pietro would hear someone say. A man wearing all black kevlar, yet with a distinct Babylonian style to his clothing. He also seemed to have a very heavy Akkadian accent. A spade-Marduk's weapon-was held in this hand. "Mutants will never rule the world! No, a higher master will come...""Ladies and gentlemen of the world," 06 spoke into the camera, knowing that the words he were to speak now would probably be his last. "I come to you also the herald of a new age. But unlike this fool up here prancing about," he said, pointing at Quicksilver, "This age is not a flight of fancy but rather something very real, one that will come to pass.""Have any of you, dust of Kingu, ever looked to the sky and wpndered if there was a higher power up there? Have you ever thought that maybe we weren't alone? Well, there is. Pantheon among pantheon of gods dwell in the heavenlies, yet one will rise above all the others: ours, the Annunaki. And who am I, you ask? I am but one of many. We are emissaries of the divine, crushing all human-and mutant-power. Ladies and gentlemen, as a herald, I humbly announce to you the return of the gods. Marduk has waited for 3000 years, and he will take back what is his! Glory be to the gods! Both man and mutant shall humbly serve before their rightful master!" Grinning, he raised his spade into the air and shouted something in Akkadian.

Edited by Constructman

IC:

Daken's eyebrow raised.

Turning to Pietro, who was still forcing himself up from the force of his punch, the psychopath made a finger gun and pointed the index finger at Pietro before moving his hand back and pointing to the herald standing above them screaming. The look in his eyes said it all: This clown with you? Quicksilver shook his head. Daken grinned and shrugged, pulling a pistol from his waistband and firing a bullet casually up into the right eye of the terrorist, dropping him like a bag of asteroids to the stairs below, face-down.

"Sorry. Never liked door to door preachers."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

NPC Cult of Marduk Terrorists"06? 06? 06-, he's gone off and gotten himself killed." Casually driving the car through the streets of New York, Joe looked around. "We may be able to find a hotel. Get some R&R."IC Machinex"Blaaaaargh," Robert groaned as he lifted himself up. Why was he on the toilet? With his pants on? Last he remembered, he was opening the door to his testing facility. Robert tried to take a step up. But collapsed again. His head hit the wall of the bathroom stall and he collapsed again.

IC: FelixThe first thing Felix noticed when he came to was the distinct, oily odor of nitroglycerin. Well, that, and he was tied to a chair. He couldn't see anything, and he couldn't risk setting off the nitroglycerin (if it really was what he thought it was) by using his powers.So he waited.OOC: I'll post as the others later.

67tlbk.png

IC: As the jet landed and the away team got a chance to catch up Alec had no words for just how up the creek things had gotten. Someone had gone nuts and shot Beast though he had no idea who since the only witness, that quiet British chick, was currently insensible with panicked fear. And a simultaneous attack in DC had ended up with the President getting slaughtered in front of millions on live television. Whoever was directing Brotherhood strategy had clearly got some XP and levelled up since the last time they made any move.

"We are so screwed..." he muttered

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC (Saphine)

"Devlen. Behind me. Now." Saphine's tone of voice left no room for debate. Her voice was thick with barely contained rage and what came out was more of a snarl then anything else. Things had been going so well....and now, lo and behold, the biggest problem facing humanity to date had shown up to flaunt their arrogance. They'd kidnapped the president. Saphine knew what was coming next. She knew how the Brotherhood operated. This wasn't going to be pretty.

IC [Devlen/Convention Hall]

Devlen's response had been multi-tiered as he reacted to the situation. One moment he was sipping his wine, the next, he had assumed a lowered form behind Saphine. It wasn't all that different from a stance of a boxer, and rightly so; in this position his body was tensed and his center of gravity lower. Pressure point attacks were ineffective and it would be much harder to knock the man off his feet. When the aide took the stage, he rolled his eyes as "carbonadium" (seriously, carbonadium?) but took a bit more serious approach when the woman decided to become a living bomb. Being far enough away worked out to his advantage; the Senators could say little of that.

He glanced at Mr. Sovey, who had assumed a stance hardened to instinct by years of military training. The man was loyal enough, and the money he was being paid certainly helped. He could rely on Sovey in a fight. Reaching within his pocket, he pressed a car beeper five times. Easy enough to get past security; it was a regular car beeper, nothing was different about it except a much greater range. The message would be received.

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

IC: Nathan

I was feeling the same sentiment as Alec at that moment, Pietro had gone even more insane than I previous thought was possible and had offed the President of the United States, someone who was actually pro-mutant. I wanted nothing more than to kill that fool right then and there. His actions would only hurt mutants more than they would help, more death, pain, and suffering would follow, as if we didn't have enough of that already.

And on top of all this, Beast was had been shot repeatedly and was dying. I prayed that we had other doctors besides Ashlynn because...well she was dead. My damaged wing had suddenly become rather unimportant, Beast needed to be saved, I didn't want to see another good person fall today, it was getting old fast.

"If someone else doesn't kill Pietro before I see him again...I'll do it myself..."

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC - Cambion - Lodge:Once the limousine pulled away, Victor sighed and turned around, surveying the cleanup job he'd have to do.

The innkeeper lay on the ground in a heap, having been sliced into four neat chunks. Maximoff approached the body, making sure to avoid the puddle of blood that seeped on the floor. "Of course, he couldn't have stabbed him. Had to chop him up."Maximoff inspected the body. The bones had been cleanly severed by the blades. "Adamantium then." The young man rubbed his eyes and raised his knife. The job of cleaning was something that sometimes required a bigger mess. He snapped open his silver suitcase, removing several neatly labelled canisters, arranging them on the countertop. He lifted a flexible black toolkit. The mutant placed a CD in a player, and turned it on. Maximoff felt the tension seep from his system as Mozart began to drift through the air. The young man unrolled the toolkit, revealing a row of knives, small saws, and other implements. Victor Maximoff traipsed to his second suitcase, removing a collapsible tub, unfolding it and placing it in the centre of the room, before dumping the contents of one of the canisters into the tub. The mutant hummed along to the music as he snapped on a pair of rubber gloves and moved to the bloody remains, rubbing his hands together in anticipation.

"Maybe half an hour was a bit much to promise."

STAR WARS GALAXY AT WAR

... we have cookies

IC: "The sound of evil laughter falls around the world tonight..." An accompanying guitar bit and the black haired man was carrying a massive rifle instead of a guitar, aiming it at the fallen Supremacy. Even if he was invulnerable, he could still hear at the volume normal to humans. Practical upshot?

Any blast from this rifle would hurt.

A lot.

No such thing as destiny.

BZPRPG Profiles

OOC: This post is really late.

IC: Silver Serpent

Susan froze as six gunshots rang out and several screams were heard, a few seconds later the mansion returned to normal and Susan ran for Beast. "Beast!" She cried out when she saw his wounds. She quickly sent Biohesive into the bullet holes, which surrounded the bullets and slowly forced them out, she added more Biohesive and it slowly changed, adapting to his D.N.A and becoming flesh and blood, slowly healing him even as the X-Men came in, she stood back and watched as they rushed over to him, not even noticing her.

IC: Iron Bolt

As the mansion returned to normal Walter rushed to Beast. He looked around and saw Francesca. "What happened?" He asked, his voice emotionless and cold.

IC: Spirit

As the Blackbird landed Will sensed fear and worry coming off the mansion in waves, he quickly rushed in and found Feral holding a wounded Beast. He quickly inspected his wounds and saw they were filled with a strange liquid that was slowly healing them, he added his own power to heal him even faster. He looked around and saw a girl standing nearby, most likely the source of the strange liquid that was healing Beast. "What happened?" He asked her.

"We heard shots and found him like this so I used my powers to try and heal him." She answered, not realizing that he hadn't been here when the mansion turned into the danger mansion. Walter however did realize this.

"Something happened to the danger room and it spread through the whole mansion, basically turning the place into the danger mansion. Beast, Francesca, and Sarah came down here to try and fix it, we then heard six shots and then everything went back to normal, we came down here and found Beast wounded, Sarah gone, and Francesca's right here." Walter reported, his voice still blank.

"I once thought that I was the only one who fantasized about Bionicle; that no one else could have that little of a life.

Then I went on BZPower.

biofighter_banner_platform.png

Just call me Taka or TNI

IC:

"Pass the word onto SHIELD command. The US president is dead. So is a number of Senators," Molotov spoke through the earpiece, "If anyone was considering emergency protocols for the US, now would be a good time to pick one."

He then headed off towards the nearest remaining Brotherhood Mutant, his formal suit catching fire and burning off the SHIELD agent to reveal his SHIELD armor beneath.

IC: Siegfried's mother looked astonished as things went to a very hot place in a very shoddily crafted handbasket on national television. When she turned to speak to Siegfried, she was struck speechless by the stony look on his face, electric blue eyes glowing with restrained rage.

Siegfried turned to look at his mother, and took a deep breath.

"I'm afraid I'm going to have to go, Mother. I shall return as soon as I can. Please, do me a favor, and remain inside, today. " Siegfried bit out in clipped tones.

Once she confirmed his request, Siegfried stepped outside, and electricity crackled across his form before he rocketed back to his apartment just long enough to grab some credentials and his comm-device. He then flew skyward, before flying towards the location where everything began to go downhill.

~Totally like a boomerang. I always come back. Just never when you want me to.~

IC: Quicksilver

Pietro stumbled back after he took thye blow to the face. Blood ran down his nose as he narrowed his eyes at Daken. He was about to speak when some religious nut cut in. Qucksilver watched as he took a shot to the head thanks to Wolverine’s son.

“It had to be done,” Pietro said quietly. ”We would never reach peace through polotics and beuracacy. Mutant kind will only get what it deserves through actions,” he said as he stood back up.

“President Binder is not dead. He will live on. He is the new JFK. But for mutants. He died for his beliefs. It was only a matter of time before he was assassinated. I was simply doing what my father never had the chance to do. I will go down in history now, as the mutant who killed the President.”

He watched Daken. “You are a fighter Daken. There is a war coming, you should enjoy it. Many people will die but out kind will rise up at the end as the victors. Besides, I have a way to end the hostilities. To create peace. We could work together, not against each other. You are not like your father, swayed by Xavier’s false dream. But go ahead and kill me if that’s what you seek to do. I will not use my powers against you.” In truth if Daken did kill him he would simply be ending the life of Spider. Pietro would snap back to his true body but Daken did not know this. Nor did he know Pietro couldn’t use his mutant power since this was not his true body.

IC: Feral, Triblade (X-Manor, Basement)

“He’s out cold.” John said as he stepped into the medical bay and gently lied Hank on one of the cots on his frontside. He examined Beast’ back to see that the wounds had been healed by the woman he didn’t know the name of and Spirit. John let out a sigh of relief as he sat down in one of the chairs. He ran a hand through his long black hair that was wet with sweat.

John then got up and walked back to where Beast had been shot. He sniffed around until he found a gun lying on the floor near the blood. He picked it up with his gloves and smelled it. “Smells like that Sarah woman… Raptor’s mother…”

Matt laid Darkfang’s body down in the medical bay. He then walked over to John and put a hand on his shoulder.

“He’ll live. He just lost a lot of blood. Hank is strong, he’s not going out till he’s ready.”

“Whoever did this will pay.” John said as he turned to Matt. His eyes were rimmed with red.

IC: Stranger (New York)

Ares heard Agent Molotov’s message over the com. “Dead? No this can’t be…” Ares said. Sure enough the President was gone from the building. He heard people talking about the live footage of Quicksilver beheading the President. It was all over the internet and the news appartently.

“I failled…” Ares said as he turned away. He stepped outside to see a figure holding what appeared to be some sort of rifle at the dead false X-Man's body.

"He's dead. What are you doing here?" he said as he narrowed his grey eyes.

IC: NPC Stardust (New York)

Stardust’s fists finally broke through the metal barrier. She grabbed it and began to tear an opening in it. She heard footsteps and turned to see Molotov.

“Ah a mutant and a SHIELD agent, how sad that you work against your own kind.”

Edited by Sir Flex Nardius

IC (Yuri)

"Da. And he is not alone. I'm quite afraid your rampage is through." Yuri was wearing his gasmask now....and wielding an odd boxy device connected to a tank on his back. This device, which could crudely be termed a 'freeze ray' was an ingenious application of concentrated liquid nitrogen. It had been made to counter fire and heat based mutants....and, Yuri believed, it would freeze even inorganic mutants solid. Without a another word, he unleashed a spray of the freezing liquid. It was a small hallway, the door was mostly intact. The spray emitted in a wide cone that more that filled the hallway.

There was little hope of dodging it.

OOC: I love gadgets. Have I mentioned that?

I also need a spiffy name for this device. I am accepting suggestions.

Edited by Basilisk