Loophole: Communications

Legolover-361

That seems like good fun to me. Salmon, has a good ring to it....

War...war never changes.

We crawl, on our knees for you,
under, a sky no longer blue,
we sweat, all day long for you.

But we sow, seeds to see us though,
cause sometimes dreams just don't come true,
we wait, to reap what we are due.

-Rise Against, Re-Education (through Labor)

Edit: My main problem is the fact that all of a sudden Kra-Toa got nice and there is a distinct lack of those "Black" Shadow Toa.

Because they're all secretly members of a select group of fanboy/girls, who feel the compulsive need to make evil characters into dark, brooding antiheroes who aren't really evil, but just misunderstood. If I could kill off every single 'dark, brooding, morally grey antihero with a dark backstory' type character, I would gladly do so. Starting with Batman.

My only question for you, LL, is this - a simple math question. There is yin and yang, +1 and -1, which make 0. If you replace the yin with another yang, you get -1 and -1, which is -2. It is not 0. Would ambiguity not be 0, the base? The standard 'good' or 'evil' being with partial yin/yang replacement, creating +.5 or -.5 or something like that. I pose this question because your finalizing answer... wasn't very finalizing.

-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

P.S. First paragraph is a joke, people.

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

My only question for you, LL, is this - a simple math question. There is yin and yang, +1 and -1, which make 0. If you replace the yin with another yang, you get -1 and -1, which is -2. It is not 0. Would ambiguity not be 0, the base? The standard 'good' or 'evil' being with partial yin/yang replacement, creating +.5 or -.5 or something like that. I pose this question because your finalizing answer... wasn't very finalizing.
I don't understand what you're asking me to clarify. I said Toa of Shadow can be morally neutral though a little on the dark side -- as I said and Krayzikk quoted, if you assume Toa are naturally morally gray, then Toa of Shadow are naturally morally dark gray. Also, why mention an example wherein yin is replaced with another yang?

I don't understand what you're asking me to clarify. I said Toa of Shadow can be morally neutral though a little on the dark side -- as I said and Krayzikk quoted, if you assume Toa are naturally morally gray, then Toa of Shadow are naturally morally dark gray. Also, why mention an example wherein yin is replaced with another yang?

(EDIT: The problem is that I mis-matched yin and yang in the last post, and did in this one as well. I have corrected this one. That's why you should always proofread yourself folks!)

You get a Toa with half moral light, half moral dark. Half yang, half yin. +1/-1, 0. They might be a little more or less one way, but since there's only x amount of space, they get rid of a small amount of the opposite. All Kra-Matoran (and ergo Kra-Toa, though they have not been seen) have been created by halving their moral light drained and replaced with moral dark, either by shadow leech or Avsa. Both of which cut them off so they can't regain their moral light. Thus, the yang is taken away, and a second yin is put in, so they have -1/-1, which is -2.

Somebody who was true 0 on the morality scale, with a +1/-1 exactly, would be morally amibgious. Somebody who has a positive balance is morally inclining to good natures and has those characteristics. Someone with a negative balance is inclined towards evil natures has those characteristics.

Does this mean shadow powers make you evil? No, but all those in canon who have had shadow powers, besides the Makuta, gained them by having their moral light drained. The Makuta just did it afterwards. Now, let's assume that the great beings had started off the universe with Kra-Matoran in existence. There weren't any. They wouldn't have been naturally evil, if they had been created.

This doesn't mean you have to be evil, but it's more likely than anything else because your bank account is a negative balance.

I have no problem with saying you can have a Toa of Shadows isn't evil. Especially if they have an origin story that goes beyond the standard (I could call it a cliche, but since it's the most logical course to choose, I have no problem with its favored use) Brotherhood one. But if they do use that, it makes a world of difference.

Knowing all of this, then, how can this be true?

The moral light will overrule the moral darkness eight times out of ten. Most people naturally lean toward the right side of things. When that light is removed, the metaphorical scales are balanced. Not inherently good, not inherently evil.

I do believe that light and darkness within people and the world as a whole are perfect balances, as they are opposite and equal, in most stories and old real-world traditional beliefs. In fact, stories have the darkness being stronger, and make it a challenge for the good guys to win - if they actually do. This goes against the very first two sentences. Now, let's go back to what was said before. About the 0s and 2s and negatives. A being who has had their moral light replaced with shadow (see: the effects of shadow leeches, Avsa, Brotherhood experiments) has a -2. That is not neutral. That is not balanced. It is inherently evil.

Now, I can understand that statement being used as an individual characters personal philosophy, but that doesn't mean it's necessarily true for everyone. Or at all. Plenty of people who have done 'evil' actions and evil actions alike have believed themselves in the right in the real world (obviously not citing examples here), but that doesn't necessarily make it true.

~~~

On the subject of shadow Toa, I thought up a new one, to illustrate an example of somebody who didn't gain shadow powers as part of having their moral light drained, but as a replacement for elemental abilities.

Name: Nakenah

Species: Kra-Toa

Kanohi: Great Mask of Clairvoyance. This allows Nakenah to randomly be struck by visions that allow them to forsee the near future, but they cannot alter it. They have no control over what they see, or what the mask shows them. It is constantly on at a low level, but is more likely to work while it is actively being used. Such usage of the mask is very exhausing and debilitating, as are the sudden visions.

Appearance: Nakenah is an ebon armored Toa with a secondary coloration of a dark, almost metallic blue. Her mask appears as a sleeker looking Volitak of the secondary coloration. She usually wears a black coat as well.

Powers: Elemental Powers of Shadow. Nakenah is a talented user of her shadow powers in many of their aspects, and a very precise one. Her primary focus in the fields of elemental powers are in using the shadows to transport herself (and, if necessary, a second person), allowing her to naturally and effortlessly move between them. Her secondary focus is in generating precise streams of shadow energy, allowing her to conserve her elemental power for when she really neesd it. She is naturally weak to elemental light attacks.

Weapons: Nakenah uses a very thin two-handed blade of Xian make known as a Twilight Blade. The blade bends and twists the light around it to different effects - in areas that are well lit, it can be used to direct light at an opponent to cause temporariy blindness; in areas of darkness, the sword is almost invisible, making it hard to defend against. Push comes to shove, she pulls out a laser pistol.

Abilities: Nakenah is a rather accomplished melee combatant, able to expertly employ her sword and the powers that it possesses. She is also good at stealth and acrobatics, and is rather nimble and agile. Her mind is equally slippery, making the use of mind reading or mind control far less effective. She is good at employing her shadow travel ability in the heat of combat. Non-combat traits are that she's good at hacking, and can break into even the highest security safe quietly given enough time - doors are no match. She learns rapidly.

Weaknesses: Nakenah has an old scar along her right side that is still quite painful today, which slows her down at rather unfortunate times in combat and stops her from succesfully executing movements that require her to stretch that side of her body. More obvious disadvantages are that her mask gives her no combat advantages, and her choice of weapon makes it harder to block, forcing her to dodge rather than parry most blows. Anything to slow her down would be useful. Her natural curiosity sometimes leads her to make potentially dangerous mistakes.

Occupations: Department of Secruity, Infiltration & Observation Bureau. Nakenah typically is sent to sneak into places, extract either somebody or something, and get out, usually gathering or destroying information in the process.

Personality: Nakenah is always seeking to learn something new, which is the reason she joined the Infilitration & Observation Bureau. She dislikes reading, because she would rather experience something than hear about it, but greatly enjoys movies, particularly a good mystery movie. She isn't often the starter of conversations, and often tries to keep the person talking as long as she can. Not that everyone wants to talk to a shadow user. Nakenah has a nature that has a tendancy towards good, but she has a few negative traits - she can be apathetic and rarely puts extensive thought into her talks beyond what is known and observed, not looking past the obvious and reading emotions; this stems from her relative isolation from people for so long, and it's starting to get better. Some think of her as selfish for this reason, but this is little more than a simple observation.

Biography: Kiina once discovered a lab of the Great Beings on Bara Magna with chambers devoted to the six elements most common to old Spherus Magna. This was not the only example of such a place, however - another existed in the Matoran Universe, this one containing all of the elements most common to it beyond those of legendary nature. The Chamber of Fifteen Doors. Each place was much like its own island sized pocket dimension, all contained within a chamber found within the heart of the same mountain.

Nakenah entered the Chamber of Fifteen Doors with a small group of others in the very earliest days of the Matoran Universe, at the time a young Toa of Water, and found the place just as fascinating as Kiina found its original counterpart. The rest of the group fled with the few elemental artifacts they could grab when they were beset upon by the elemental guardians of the place - including a perfect blend of iron and lightning that would one day be forged into the set of blades that would even later down the line come to be wielded by a Toa Levacius. As she did not distrub the place, she was on the other hand left alone, finding only serenity. The greatest came not from the Door of Water, however, but the Door of Shadow.

The place provided all she needed to survive. It is possible that some of the legendary forces of the universe such as Life and Time were also at work, for time had almost no affect on her in that place. As the passing of time came, one thing did change, though - her elemental nature as a being of water, shifted to that of the darkness she spent most of her time in, whilst not putting any drain on her moral nature.

As she spent her time there, Nakenah would experience visions of the future in the world outside. Small pieces of information showed her many fascinating things about the universe outside; the pieces of information and the like, however, left her unsatisfied. Eventually, a vision showed her an image of herself boarding a ship along the coast of the island, leaving for good.

When she left, she found the land had undergone many political and geographical changes since her entrance - though that would be later on, as it appeared to be the same on the surface. True to her vision, she was found by a ship of explorers and archaeologists who were charting the mysterious Southern Islands that they had found her on. Recalling her first experience in the Chamber, she told them that it would be best to leave while they could. The captain, sensing trouble, decided to agree and also let her onboard.

Her journies across the universe began then, and she experienced the remaining 20,000 years of time that passed across it, having already been in the chamber for some 80,000 alone. She remained mostly a loner, and her social talents were never worked upon much beyond the first ship that picked her up. When the universe 'ended', she came out into the surface world... Spherus Magna.

She remained a lone for some time, as many viewed her and her abilities as a bad thing in light of the recent war against the Makuta. She ended up spending more time with Agori and Glatorian than Universals due to her position. One of them, an elderly Glatorain who she ended up befriending was the one who showed her everything she currently knows about swordplay.

For a time, she found herself hanging out with the 'wrong crowd' during the night, thinking no different about it due to reasonably poor explanations of the law. She quickly became the best at lockpicking and computer hacking in the group, despite almost no past experience, and ended up enjoying it greatly. Eventually, she broke away from the group, doing such things only for fun. The Department of Secruity eventually found out, and had her put in prison. Having spent 80,000 years alone already, a few years meant nothing to her. After being released early for good behavior, she was approached by a member of the Department about joining, ignoring the blemish on her record.

Today, she still works for the Department of Security, under the Infilitration & Observation Bureau (DOS-IOB, as many members call it for short), working to extract people and things or receive information, combining her acquired skills at stealthy with her ability to lockpick and hack - and occasionally, the ability to fight if necessary. With her powers to transport herself, she is easily able to do so.

~~~

Huh. Spur of the moment character; 50% longer than Levacius. Sometimes creativity strikes you.

And if somebody says the Mask of Clairvoyance is OP - you're wrong. Well, you might be. I think you are. The thing is, I'm gonna play this the way I would have it played if someone wanted it in an RPG I had - all visions come when the GM sends them. At random, or possibly never. Depends on how stingy you really are. Just like how the mask actually works - at random.

Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Edited by Toa Levacius Zehvor

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

Name: Tenebrae Iratus
Species: Kra-Toa
Kanohi: Pakari, Mask of Strength
Appearance: 2.8 Meters tall, Tenebrae Iratus is a massive being, with shoulders twice as wide as normal, and arms at least three times larger than a normal Po-Toa. His main color is jet black, with crimson highlights, and vivid scarlet eyes. His Kanohi is very modified, with a more face-fitting, less protruding-cardboard appearance. The most interesting feature of his body is, undoubtedly, the two massive horns atop his head, curved and sharpened, resembling a ram’s somewhat.
Powers:
-Element; Elemental Control over Shadow (Skilled mostly in Shadow Travel and Creation/Controlling, not so much in absorption)
-Kanohi Power; Strength through Kanohi Pakari.
Weapons:
-Kanoka Blade; Tenebrae's weapon of choice is a Kanoka Blade, in the shape of an oversized broadsword, with an intricate hilt, guard, and knucklebow, all of which are sculpted to resemble a Kanohi Dragon. The Blade's Kanoka Power is Weaken, Level 3 (Upon physical contact, the blade leeches an amount of energy equal to 15 second of an Avsa user on organics. On inorganic objects, it reduces most metals and stones to the strength of an average piece of timber)
Abilities: Tenebrae Iratus is a considerably strong and hardy individual, even without his Kanohi activated. Surprisingly, he is in possession of excellent reflexes. Very skilled in melee combat, around average in ranged.
Weaknesses: Tenebrae has an intense hatred of Lightning as well as (duh) Light, and possesses a weakness to cold a bit more than an average Toa.
Occupations: Department of Security Employee (Tenebrae is utilized for several types of Law Enforcement operations, anything from mundane riot work, to the Bio-equivalent of a SWAT team).
Personality: Quiet and unsociable, Tenebrae is either feared or respected by most of his fellow employees, and is thus left alone for most of the time. He is slightly rude and straightforward, seeing no point in being nice or untruthful. Although his coarse nature lead some to believe he is nothing more than a brute, a sharp, calculating mind lies beneath his intimidating, muscled exterior.
History: Tenebrae was one of the few experiments on elemental modification on Toa, to create a stronger, better, perhaps even Bi-Elemental being, able to influence more components of their environment. Originally a Ta-Toa, Tenebrae Iratus was selected for experiments due to his strength and durability. The experiment was to create a being that utilized Shadow and their natural element at the same time, as it was recorded the Toa of Light Takanuva had once. In the experiment on Tenebrae experiments, a modified Avsa, created from slightly unique Kanoka, was used, to see if one could simply drain inner light without draining moral light. Tenebrae's inner light was successfully drained to an equilibrium, where his normally bright-red armour turned a dark crimson. But when he attempted to use his flame powers, only a small spark appeared, and with the spark mingled tendrils of shadow, writhing with the flame. As they attempted to restore both of his elements to full strength, the Shadow completely overpowered the other, and soon, Tenebrae was a Toa of Fire no longer. He was visibly and mentally altered, with slight less emotion and compassion displayed, but not the full amount, much to the relief of the scientists experimenting on him. While Tenebrae was not satisfactory, he was neither a complete disappointment, and was sent off to The Department of Security to become one of their police/guard force. Excelling at his task, Tenebrae was soon raised through the ranks, to his current position, an elite officer used in multiple situations.

pNNgXax.jpg

The concept of darkness as evil and light as good is just plain silly. Without darkness we'd all fry in the harsh sunlight. Without light we wouldn't even exist as we are today. They aren't cosmic forces of good and evil. They just are. Darkness is simply an absence of light and light is the result of various reactions and the way our eyes are wired. Nothing more and nothing less. It is only in various schools of human thought that darkness is considered evil.

And considering various schools of human thought also thought the Earth was a pancake once....

The whole concept of something being inherently evil by it's very nature just doesn't make any sense.

Sorry. Rambling.

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

The concept of darkness as evil and light as good is just plain silly. Without darkness we'd all fry in the harsh sunlight. Without light we wouldn't even exist as we are today. They aren't cosmic forces of good and evil. They just are. Darkness is simply an absence of light and light is the result of various reactions and the way our eyes are wired. Nothing more and nothing less. It is only in various schools of human thought that darkness is considered evil.

And considering various schools of human thought also thought the Earth was a pancake once....

The whole concept of something being inherently evil by it's very nature just doesn't make any sense.

Sorry. Rambling.

The elemental power of Shadow was never considered evil untill the Makuta went all big bad. Moral Darkness, on the other hand, has always been an indicator of evil. There's no going around it. Its more of a name given to evil moral nature. We could call moral light blue and moral shadow red and it wouldn't change anything about having an evil or good moral.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

If it makes you feel better you could call it amoral instead of immoral. Of the three Shadow Matoran we know of, all three had some flaws in their personality: Radiak was a zealot, Kirop was impetuous and Gavla was just kind of a snob. Take away the morality constraints of people like that and who knows what they're capable of. They'd essentially be sociopaths. But that doesn't mean anyone who lacks inner light would be like that

7AOYGDJ.jpg

Anyway, that NPC caravan is up for you Skrall.

nuuuuuuu, im gonna tell u wat's inside :3

Oh right, and profile for character that is too awesome not to be a PC:

Name: Alyia Serehk

Species: Toa of Light (Av-Toa)

Kanohi: Pakari, the Great Mask of Strength

Appearance: Tall, lithe, and lean. Her armor is smooth, light, very modernized, and segmented to allow for unobstructed movement, standard issue for the DoS. Made of a protosteel/exsidian alloy, it is extremely durable but doesn't sacrifice agility and is surprisingly light. As usual for DoS, her armor is mainly white, with thick parallel bright blue lines running across the various sections. Her Kanohi is similar in shape to a Hau, but is much more streamlined in appearance, and shares the blue-striped white color scheme. Her eyes and heartlight are a bright, ice-blue color.

Powers: Having the elemental power over light, Alyia can shape, create, and absorb light. This includes producing lasers of varying intensities, creating both intangible and tangible holograms, manipulating how one sees their body, etc. She can create solid objects out of light, as well as travel at lightspeed. Alyia frequently uses this ability, but it is still nowhere are controllable as a Kakama. Alyia has around average control over her elemental power, and like all Av-Toa, she is both weak to elemental Shadow and strong against it. Her Kanohi grants her super strength far beyond what a being could normally muster.

Weapons: Alyia has a multitude of weapons available for use, but generally uses what can best be described as a modernized lightstone rifle. This one being much more user-friendly and efficient to use as a result in advancements in technology. The basic pricipal is the same, the rifle fires electrificed lightstones that can stun the target with electrical energy or the released explosion of light. The miniature lightstones are loaded from a magazine inserted into the bottom of the weapon, and is equipped with a scope for longer ranges. Unlike the earlier versions of the weapon, these miniature lightstones don't break on impact. She uses an electro chute blade for melee ranges, but the weapon itself is known to be unreliable, getting frozen at different power settings.

Abilities: Alyia is physically fit and athletic. She is more skilled with fighting with her elemental power than with bladed weapons, but could hold her own for a while in such a battle. Her Pakari counters this weakness slightly, allowing her to make up for her lack of skill. If fighting does get close, the Av-Toa uses hand-to-hand rather than fighting with swords, and her already impressive skill there is further increased with her Kanohi power.

Weaknesses: Alyia isn't especially strong in terms of brute strength, one of the reasons she had taken to wearing a Pakari. Any skilled swordsman would easily best her in bladed combat if they kept her from getting to hand-to-hand range. Her fighting style and equipment noticeably lacks in defense, so any constant attack kept up that she couldn't dodge would be effective against her.

Occupations: Head of Investigations at the Department of Security.

Personality: Alyia is an energetic, always-on-the-move, I've-just-had-three-cups-of-coffee-and-my-head-is-going-to-explode-omg kind of person. More than a bit of an adrenaline junky, and has a thing for doing things her own way, the Av-Toa doesn't really have a thing for following orders. Unofficial orders, that is. She knows when to be serious, and despite her outward attitude, takes things one step at a time. Persistent and never one to give up.

History: Alyia grew up in Central City, and actually had a fairly average life. Actually, the sheer averageness of it was almost abnormal. Which she found extremely boring. As such, she always tried to make things either fun or exciting in any way possible. More than once DoS officials had to pull her out of somewhere, but Alyia never actually did anything wrong. At the first chance she got, Alyia joined the DoS herself, and rose through the ranks. Not quickly, given her early “I've got to move right now and get this done and-” attitude. Eventually, though, she became head of the investigative branch of the DoS.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

where could a Toa of Shadow work at? she doesn't hide it, so i'm not sure where she could be hired.

War...war never changes.

alright. Looks like the Jaga has new waitress

War...war never changes.

I've been sick since Tuesday, so my mental capacities are not operating at one hundred percent, but hopefully my belayed responses to Lev below will still make sense.

You get a Toa with half moral light, half moral dark. Half yang, half yin. +1/-1, 0. They might be a little more or less one way, but since there's only x amount of space, they get rid of a small amount of the opposite. All Kra-Matoran (and ergo Kra-Toa, though they have not been seen) have been created by halving their moral light drained and replaced with moral dark, either by shadow leech or Avsa. Both of which cut them off so they can't regain their moral light. Thus, the yang is taken away, and a second yin is put in, so they have -1/-1, which is -2.
You're speaking of morals as if they are dependent on the amounts of light and shadow rather than the ratio of light to shadow. A morally neutral person ought to have a light-to-shadow ratio of 1:1, a true Toa of Light such as Takanuva a ratio of 1:0, and a Makuta such as Teridax a ratio of 0:1. (One is the highest number possible for either side of the ratio.)
Somebody who has a positive balance is morally inclining to good natures and has those characteristics. Someone with a negative balance is inclined towards evil natures has those characteristics.
Your choice of the word "incline" is why I say Toa of Shadow can be more morally neutral. The moral light-to-shadow ratio of a being is not the final word on that being's morality.Consider the Av-Matoran. As they are beings of light, they ought to be moral paradigms (a ratio of 1:0) or near enough (1:0.1, perhaps?); yet, in Karda Nui, Gavla was unable to socialize with the other Av-Matoran.Consider Makuta Krika. He was able to show Gali mercy in Karda Nui; rather than kill her, he asked her to flee and save herself. Would a truly evil being care at all for the lives of his or her enemies?Consider Toa Takanuva after the shadow leech drained at least half of his light. He was more aggressive in his fighting and quicker to anger when trapped in a corner, but he lashed at the people who attacked him, not his friends (at least, not on purpose), and elsewhere in the story was remarkably clear-headed for someone saturated with half moral shadow. In brief: A single criteria cannot by itself define a character's morality. Light and shadow are on equal terms, yes, but the conscious mind's decisions are not ruled by those elements.If you still feel a need to continue this discussion, PM me. I would prefer Loophole's discussion topic to remain a discussion topic for its respective RPG, not for elemental philosophy.

I'm glade the argument I started has wound down, sorry about that.

In something a bit more on topic, now I need to find some way to reintegrate myself into the "Lets all find Tuck" plot after somebody took my reason for showing up.

Edit: Come to think about it, Firen and Kaelen should know that they are both working on the same case.

Edited by Silvan Haven

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

Whereas Kaelen decided to pursue that case and logged it into the computers as such. Not that I have had him do that IC since I figured that most police forces kept track of what they were investigating in a way something along those lines.

If you want, I could go and have him think about how he did that and start wondering if anyone else was also on the case.

Edited by Silvan Haven

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

A new character approaches!

• Name:Samarah
  • Species:Kra-Toa
  • Kanohi:Kanohi Volitak
  • Appearance: Samarah has the looks of an athlete, with years spent running. She wears a fairly avrage set of clothes that blend with her natural colors of black and a dark red. Her upper arms are black, while all of it below the elbow is a dark red color. The legs are all black, and her torso is the same dark red as her forearms. She wears a normal set of combat armor when out in the wilderness, or travailing from city to city. She has the beauty that speaks of risk and danger, which can attract some, and repulse others.
  • Powers:Has most of the normal powers of shadow-users, and uses them openly. Has stealth powers due to her mask
  • Weapons: A chain, about 40ft in length, wrapped around her torso. She also has a Shadow Revolver, which she uses to channel shadow energy. These are her Toa tools.
  • Abilities: Master of stealth. Can use her powers well, shadow-walking with ease, and bend them to her will. She will use her powers in conjunction with her mask to make it hard to spot her own shadow. Is a pro with her chain
  • Weaknesses: is prone to not care what others do, to the point that they could start a war, and she would just shrug it off. Even with contol of the shadows, her Volitak still leaves a general area she is in.
  • Occupations: Works as a waitress at the Jaga Sting
  • Personality: Does not care what other people think or say about her. She is nice, but not overly nice. Sarcasm is her second language, and she is very fluent in it. Could shrug off a whole war, as that's what she did during the Skrall wars.
  • History: Samarah was not always a matoran of shadow. She was a Le-Matoran once, before her village was attacked. As to where her old home was, she doesn't no, can't remember. She does remember though, being taken by Makuta and being experimented on. There was a 100 matoran in her village, and she was the only one that succeed in being changed to a being of shadow and living. The project was called a failure and she was, in a bit of mercy, left to her own on Mata-Nui with the other villages. She was shunned and lived in the jungles, hunting for food. She didn't mind at all though ,which was odd to some. During Teridax's takeover, Samarah found a toa stone. Using it quickly, She became a toa, her snare turning into her chain and her bow becoming her trusted Shadow Revolver, which she sometimes calls “Sliver”. After helping others fight off Teridax, and after the Mata-Nui bot crashed, she lived in Central City, working whatever job would take her. Eventually she found her self at the Jaga's Sting, asked for a job, and was able to get on as a waitress. She's been working there every since.

War...war never changes.

so, now my shadow toa is sweating over her interview This even better, really

War...war never changes.

no problem. i get to that.

War...war never changes.

I'm glade the argument I started has wound down, sorry about that.

In something a bit more on topic, now I need to find some way to reintegrate myself into the "Lets all find Tuck" plot after somebody took my reason for showing up.

Edit: Come to think about it, Firen and Kaelen should know that they are both working on the same case.

Nooooo... you can leave tuck alone, in his little corner... he's essentially harmless...

:rolleyes:

Living large... like clown-shoe size large. Complete with nose, rainbow-colored hair, and a bottle of seltzer water.

tumblr_lrgowllgeP1qzda76o1_500.jpg

Tuck, harmless, with a time machine. Riiiiiiiiiiiight.

In any case, you're too fun to just let you be on your merry way all by your lonesome.

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

Tisk tisk, you make it sound as though I have this villain ready and willing to destroy this game.

Truth is, I don't. Depending on your actions will determine her future, whether she becomes and ally or an enemy. Play your cards wisely gentleman ;)

Living large... like clown-shoe size large. Complete with nose, rainbow-colored hair, and a bottle of seltzer water.

tumblr_lrgowllgeP1qzda76o1_500.jpg

Tisk tisk, you make it sound as though I have this villain ready and willing to destroy this game.

Truth is, I don't. Depending on your actions will determine her future, whether she becomes and ally or an enemy. Play your cards wisely gentleman ;)

Tuck, you almost never have a villain waiting around to cause chaos. But we all know, if you decide things are a little too calm..... :P

In semi related news, playing a not-so by the book cop for once is fun.

@JL: That last one should be obvious. :P

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

Tuck, you almost never have a villain waiting around to cause chaos. But we all know, if you decide things are a little too calm..... :P

In semi related news, playing a not-so by the book cop for once is fun.

@JL: That last one should be obvious. :P

Depends on what by-the-book means.

A fat cop eating donuts, sleeping on the job and while doing both has a cardboard cutout of himself standing up wide awake would probably be fun to play.

GT: Jl1223 X <----add me :3

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013