Loophole: Communications

Legolover-361

Anyone know what might happen if a shadow toa shadow walked while drunk?

War...war never changes.

We crawl, on our knees for you,
under, a sky no longer blue,
we sweat, all day long for you.

But we sow, seeds to see us though,
cause sometimes dreams just don't come true,
we wait, to reap what we are due.

-Rise Against, Re-Education (through Labor)

So what should happen with the Skrall stuff? Should Kranos just walk away, since nothing seems to be happening fast? Free up both our characters? Since this admittedly took a different turn than I expected it to. xD

Skrall is willing to let Kranos go, but Skrall seems to want to just drug him and kill him while Skrall wishes to kill him in honorable combat. Skrall's reasoning on letting him go is because Skrall doesn't see the honor in killing him with surprise and such overwhelming numbers, and isn't willing to lower himself to assassination in the sleep, because Skrall is only willing to battle in the sense of a one on one combat. In fact, the controller of that Skrall has an idea that might satisfy all of us...

-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

Dude, you really should, um, give the names, even if they're just "Skrall Uno" or something like that.

It's the joke. I'm guessing Blade can figure out which three Skrall I'm referring to based on the posts. If I didn't (or if it was vitally important to know) then I would make note of it.

Besides, there's easier ways to denote differences between the Skrall.

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

New Profile:

Name: Susik, prefers to be called Su (pronounced Sue)

Species: Glatorian.

Kanohi: None

Appearance: Susik is fairly tall about 7 feet, has blue eyes, and no helmet. She wears black armour with a design of two silver snakes wrapping around her with their tails at her feet and their heads resting on her shoulder armour, the Biohesive will sometimes use these eyes to look around when this happens the eyes will glow silver slightly and can move around, sometimes the Biohesive will make the whole head come off of the armour and move around. She also has two working silver wings on her back made from Biohesive, basically she looks like a Caduceus. She also has another snake pattern on each one of her arms with their tails at her shoulders and their heads at her hands.

Powers: Susik has complete control over a synthetic, self-replicating, silvery blue tinted, clear sentient liquid called Biohesive. This liquid can alter its own density and texture to mimic many different substances including flesh, bone, armour, and all other living tissue. This means it can heal wounds, clone and replace being’s limbs, or even make complete clones of others including a tiny portion of their powers by touching them for several seconds. Her powers also make her immune to most diseases and in perfect health. Realistic clones take about a day to create and they are almost a perfect copy except for their personality as they are still controlled by the sentient Biohesive. Quickie clones take a few minutes to create but splat when hit with a solid strike or are cut, they are also controlled by the sentient Biohesive. Biohesive can also crystallize and make crystal structures approaching the hardness of diamond. Susik often forms serpent like shapes out of Biohesive to grab things or wrap people up then she crystallizes the serpents to make sure they can’t escape. She can also make the Biohesive decompose into water no matter what form it's in to prevent anyone else from getting their hands on it.

Weapons: Susik does not carry any weapons but she does make them with her powers, she prefers a whip-staff that she can make hard like a staff or flexible like a whip.

Abilities: Susik is very knowledgeable how the body works and how to fix it. She is very good at controlling her powers as a result of the Biohesive training her, although it still has faster reflexes and will sometime react before she does. She has been training with her whip-staff but not for very long. She is also very agile and in good physical condition.

Weaknesses: She is not a fighter and relies on her powers a lot, she dislikes hurting people so she will try to use her powers to stop and capture people instead of injuring them, however if she thinks they are going to capture or experiment on her she will sometimes freak and begin lashing out at everyone even her friends. Her curiosity will sometimes get her into trouble.

Occupations: None, but is looking for a job.

Personality: Susik is a little naive as a result of living most of her life in a lab and she is very curious, the Biohesive is also very curious but is a little more wary then Susik but both don’t like to see people hurt and will try their best to help them, because of this they don’t like fighting, although because the Biohesive has a strong preservation instinct she often lets it lead if they have to fight. The Biohesive thinks of Susik as its daughter because it made her what she is, and she thinks of it as her father because he teaches her and protects her. They can communicate telepathically with each other and she sometimes seems hesitant when in reality she is just talking with the Biohesive. They are both deathly afraid of being captured and Susik will sometimes freak out if she thinks she is being imprisoned.

History: When Susik was just a child (I think Glatorian have children but I’m not sure, if not then she was just really young) when she was kidnapped by a less then legal lab for testing of various drugs, they were trying to develop a cure-all drug that would be able to heal not only flesh but also mechanical parts, armour, and nerves. Susik was held there until the scientists invented Biohesive which they thought was finally a success, but then it started turning to water after a little while and they eventually marked it as a failure but Susik discovered the truth when she was left alone with it for a while, she discovered that the Biohesive was in fact sentient and didn’t like the way the scientists treated her or it so they agreed to help each other escape since neither one of them wanted to be tested on forever and the Biohesive wanted to see the world. So Susik lured one of the scientists close to the vat of biohesive and it reached out and restrained him while Susik hit him on the head, knocking him out, then the Biohesive created a clone of the scientist with Susik inside of it, when they escaped from the lab they found that the Biohesive had cured her of all the side effects of the other drugs they tested on her, and even more curiously the Biohesive had fused with Susik, granting her the power to control the substance and communicate with the sentient liquid telepathically, they didn’t know whether it was destiny or just the result of all the chemicals Susik had been exposed to, but they didn’t really care. They had escaped together and were perfectly happy to stay together. They made their way across the planet keeping ahead of the scientists and their bounty hunters, who said she stole their property, but the Biohesive trained her to use her new powers and she stayed free and helped people whenever she could.

"I once thought that I was the only one who fantasized about Bionicle; that no one else could have that little of a life.

Then I went on BZPower.

biofighter_banner_platform.png

Just call me Taka or TNI

New character up for approval.

Name:Vilote

Species: De-Toa

Kanohi: Kanohi Huna, great mask of concealment

Appearance: Vilote wears a light set of combat armor., which he wears under a set of robes with a hood to go over his head. Vilote's Huna is slightly modified to look like he has large teeth on the front, and to look very skull-ish as well. Vilote is average in height for a toa, and is very slim.

Powers: Invisibility, and control over sonics. Can create zones of intense noise, or of absolute silence

Weapons: A serrated dagger, about a foot and a half in length. These act as toa tools for any toa of sonics.

Abilities: Master assassin. After years upon years of training, he has reached his apex of skill. Can move quietly, even without his powers on. Can parkour around cities with relative ease. Is an expert with daggers, and his can be called an extension of his hand.

Weaknesses: his armor is much weaker then normal armor sets to help mobility. Relies more on his skills then his powers in combat or when on jobs, so even if it would help, he wont blast his enemies with a sonic blast.

Occupations: Has no official job currently, but does, of course, work as a hit-man for who every needs it, or who ever pays the most.

History: Vilote lived a fairly normal life. He left the the other De-matoran long ago, living on the move, traveling form place to place. Along the way, he practiced with the one thing he took with him, his dagger. Becoming quite good with it, that dagger had saved Vilote more times then he could count. When Teridax crashed into Spehreus Maga, Vilote found a Toa Stone. Using it, Vilote helped repel the Makuta's forces. After the fighting had died down, and the Skrall defeated, Vilote worked for a few places. After being kicked out for the 5th time, Vitlote decided to hone his skills with the dagger he has, becoming the assassin any crime boss would want to hire wasn't easy. He screwed up a few times in the early stages, but learned as he went along, He leaves very few traces, and the cases have always gone cold. Only caught a few times in his early days as an assassin, Vilote doesn't have much history with the cops, making his job a bit easier.

War...war never changes.

So, would anyone need an assassin to hire? I have no idea on going about and bringing in Vilote

War...war never changes.

So, would anyone need an assassin to hire? I have no idea on going about and bringing in Vilote

Check your PM box in a few minutes. I might just have use of an assassin.

So what does Tucky do in his spare time, many people wonder, when he's not assisting Nuju ruling the Bzprpg with an iron fist and writing the greatest plot known to man?

Reverse engineering and building time-machines of course.

:evilgrin:

Living large... like clown-shoe size large. Complete with nose, rainbow-colored hair, and a bottle of seltzer water.

tumblr_lrgowllgeP1qzda76o1_500.jpg

*sigh*You see, the problem here is that you two are thinking of time as a straight line. It's actually a big ball of wibbly wobbly, timey wimey... Stuff. One does not simply break their way into the time stream with brute force. The laws of time are mine, and they will obey me.Also, really, cup noodles? All you really needs is a bit of tea. Wakes you up perfectly.

Got all of that? Fantastic.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

That's ok Nutrients; when I'm done I'll make sure to have a Mr. Fusion installed. It'll take care of all my energy needs. Heaven knows Aishta and her garage produce enough garbage to dump in that thing :P

BTW Krayzikk, that may be true now, but by the time I'm done you'll be dethroned and the laws of space and time will bow down to me.

I'll make sure though to send you a nice fruit basket every year while you're buried away in my inescapable prison :)

Living large... like clown-shoe size large. Complete with nose, rainbow-colored hair, and a bottle of seltzer water.

Space and time you say?

Just wait untill I get my hands on the Vahi...

I can already manipulate space, I just need time... ;)

In more plot-related news, this thing is going to start picking up very quickly. Hope everyone remembered to pack a lunch, because soon you're not going to have time to. :P

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

The thing I don't understand is why they need the Olmak? I mean, I understand how there's this time travel gig with the Vahi (though I don't know how anybody could maintain enough mental focus to succeed in actually getting it to work, when you consider that a Toa Nuva couldn't use it [and ergo a Makuta, as they cannot use Kanohi Nuva]), but what's an Olmak supposed to do?

Oh, hey, let's take this mask out and study it, it's our only option... why? Okay, these are the reasons I can see in the post made -

- People are vanishing

- A doctor said time travel is possible

But, again... why? Is the Vahi also a TARDIS? Is the person with it traveling from place to place? I never got that idea, and since nobody else seems to no what's going on in the RPG either, then why would they assume that? Or is there another reason they want a mask that allows them unhindered travel to any location of their choice? Does the Olmak allow time travel now? It's pretty clear that it just allows the user to move about to another place or another dimension. Sure, you could go to a place where time moved differently. But all you could do is go forward. But then again, I don't know how the Vahi would let you go anywhere but forwards (by speeding up the area directly around you) either.

As long as the plot moves forward, I really don't care. But I'm just trying to figure that out.

Is the Vahi also a TARDIS? Is the person with it traveling from place to place? I never got that idea, and since nobody else seems to no what's going on in the RPG either, then why would they assume that?
Considering a doctor working on the Vahi disappeared with the Vahi before the thefts took place, what else should the Turaga assume?
Does the Olmak allow time travel now? It's pretty clear that it just allows the user to move about to another place or another dimension. Sure, you could go to a place where time moved differently. But all you could do is go forward.
The Turaga haven't yet decided to use it yet, only study it to see if it can help them. They don't know about the full capabilities of the Olmak yet.
But then again, I don't know how the Vahi would let you go anywhere but forwards (by speeding up the area directly around you) either.
Loophole is likely non-canon in regards to the Kanohi Vahi's power, then.

Kay, that answered a few of my questions. The only thing I still haven't figured is why a scientist would commit thefts if they could travel in time and transport. Or how he passed the background check...

Unless, of course, while working on the Kanohi Vahi he accidentally awoke the sentient spirit of the mask which twisted his mind and led him to steal it, and all of the items that have been stolen actually serve a feasible purpose for creating something else that will help the strange spirit escape its bonds, thus destroying the world and/or sending it to a more peaceful place where it can have rest. Wait, hold up. No magic.

Loophole is likely non-canon in regards to the Kanohi Vahi's power, then.

I think that a little creative license can be allowed considering as even the canon doesn't know what the Vahi can really do.

The only thing I still haven't figured is why a scientist would commit thefts if they could travel in time and transport.
I'm not sure what you mean. Could you please clarify?
Or how he passed the background check...
Just because someone has a clean background does not mean he has zero chance of committing a crime in the future. Edited by Legolover-361

I'm not sure what you mean. Could you please clarify?

If the Turaga didn't assume that the Vahi user could transport himself, there would be no reason to get out the Olmak. If they do assume that, and thus believe the Olmak is necessary, then they're dealing with a person who can apparently move back and forth in time and travel to a different point in the timeline (though, as the planet is in constant motion, I guess anyone who took the write mathematical equations would, theoretically, be able to move themselves [albeit with a specific stop point] by going back in times if they put together the proper formulas beforehand, if we assume that travel back in time leaves you on the same physical point as when you left).

Now, if this entire thing is the case, then there's only two options. The first option is that this rash of thefts are going after specific items that, linked together, can be used to build another item, and that is what the scientist guy wants. So, obviously, rather than just accepting the thefts, the Turaga would want to be looking at specific points regarding how they are linked. The second option is that the thief isn't using the Vahi, because why on earth would he be going after petty theft when he has all of time and space at his disposal?

Going along with the second option, you could also assume he's using someone else as a diversion from his true plan.

Just because someone has a clean background does not mean he has zero chance of committing a crime in the future.

Psych eval? Then again, anyone working with the Vahi would have to be pretty crazy in the first place.

Central City Library was the first place on my list.

That ain't a library. More like an internet cafe.

Central City Library was the first place on my list.

That ain't a library. More like an internet cafe.

The Library isn't a descriptive locale in the topic overview, so that means its up to the player's imagination, unless barred the the consistent and coherent continual posting of the location by a majority of the members... and so far I haven't seen much reference to said location. It is also logical to assume that that Central City would have a standard library somewhere, one that you see today; according to Legolover, the technology here isn't that much for advanced from today's tech level. There fore if this is a densely populated center by all accounts there should be a public location of general and specific knowledge for anyone to research, usually held in one building, mostly comprised of books and perhaps a vast assortment held in electronic form.

I just happened to of called it Central City Library for continuum story sake :P Therefore my character is going to the library as what a library in the traditional sense is.

Now I will more than happily alter my imagination if a staff member who is in charge of things like public works were to tell me otherwise, giving me an apt description of the main library, or if they told me I had two locales mixed up with names. If that is the case I would like to know so that my posts are accurate and can recton to the correct location.

Edited by Friar Tuck