Saddest Bionicle Moment

Hey remember Lhikan is not dead all the ones who wrote Lhikans death, it was still sad he died :( but he actually isn't, he's on the red star.

How do you know? I wanna know how. Oh and I think Matoro's death was the saddest. He was my favourite. :( :( :begging:
Erebus and some other staff talked to GregF himself Awesome guys pretty interesting results:Here:http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?showtopic=6878Aand: Dont post here, the topic is dead. http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?showtopic=7583 Edited by Dual Matrix

I'm back!

Let's see... well, Bionicle had a few touching moments in its time. Let's see if I can't put a list together.-The first noticeably sad moment was probably the apparent "death" of Pohatu, in the fourth Chronicles book. This was made all the more poignant by the fact that the stoic Kopaka himself felt sadness and guilt at his brother's apparent death. Even though it was obvious from an "I'm reading this book to promote a toyline" perspective, Kopaka's reaction made this scene a touching one even though there was no actual death involved.-The death of Jaller in Mask of Light could have been executed better, but nonetheless carried some emotion with it. The fact that it served as the catalyst for Takanuva's transformation is noteworthy - as is the fact that Jaller held on to Turahk's staff as pure fear was pumped through him. To me, very few things in Bionicle say "brave" quite like that. The fact that it impacted Takanuva and Hahli (both of which we'd been "behind the mask" of in the MNOLGs) so greatly gave it a bit more gravity. Whatever happened to Hahli and Jaller anyhow, they were on the same team in 2006 and 2007 and that never came up again-Lhikan's sacrifice was much better-executed than that of a certain Matoran wearing his mask, in my opinion. Not only was he Killed Off For Real, Vakama's reaction to the death of his mentor and friend was much better-conveyed immediately afterward. This is also notable for giving Vakama the courage and willpower to activate his Huna for the first time, shoot the Vahi out of Teridax's hand, and best the leader of the Brotherhood of Makuta in single combat. Certainly a very noteworthy moment, and one of the series' high points.-Obviously, watching Matoro sacrifice himself for the universe was a deep moment. I don't think that anyone here will disagree when I say that it was one of Bionicle's most impactful moments, for obvious reasons. It finally gave us some insight into the nature of the Matoran Universe (if we cared to look for it, anyhow), it finished up Matoro's character development arc from "just a translator" to the Toa that saved the universe, and it finally allowed the Nuva - our original heroes - to turn around and finish their mission. To add to the impact of the sacrifice, we later learned that Matoro's sacrifice had burned out the eye sockets of three Makuta, just because reviving a dead universe wasn't enough. Certainly a very touching moment; Matoro's final realization of his destiny was one of the best moments I've seen in a Bionicle book.

Edited by Meta-Mind

BZPRPG TIME, where you could have one post talk about dinner, and the next about lunch.

Time is beyond relative here.

There's no reason not to put lasers in the palms of planet-sized robots. In fact, if I had my own planet-sized robot, palm lasers would be one of my first upgrades.

BZPRPG Profiles [outdated]

May or may not be back from a multi-year hiatus. We'll see how this works out...

-The first noticeably sad moment was probably the apparent "death" of Pohatu, in the fourth Chronicles book. This was made all the more poignant by the fact that the stoic Kopaka himself felt sadness and guilt at his brother's apparent death. Even though it was obvious from an "I'm reading this book to promote a toyline" perspective, Kopaka's reaction made this scene a touching one even though there was no actual death involved.
Oh geez, yes, I remember that... that was terribly sad, and I didn't register the "I'm reading this book to promote a toyline" thought because I read it more or less when it came out, sometime in '03 I think. Hapka shouldn't have played with my young emotions like that :PNow that book have been brought up again, it reminds me of some other rather sad parts... the death of the Kharzahni plant was one for me, and when all those ancient rahi were left behind in the tunnels of Metru Nui (I don't know why, but I got very sad at the notion of all those impossible living relics of the past being left behind, and the matoran who cared for them, Orkahm appearing to die... and shortly afterwards, when Teridax found him, I remembered how he would be manipulated in a thousand years. Quite gloomy indeed).

pomegranate-banner-sm.png .

It's not the saddest, but Nokama taking Vhisola's disk. This is a Matoran who admired Nokama, and wanted to be her. If you think about it, she wasn't how she appeared. She once looked up to Nokama as a teacher, then wanted more from her in friendship and attention. Soon, she wanted to be her because she wasn't getting as much out of Nokama as she wanted. Finally, she began to hate Nokama and wanted to be better than her. She finally had her chance and...

Maybe I'm just a sucker for Vhisola.

Tahu.png

i wanna be the very best

like no one ever was

to catch them is my real test

to train them is my cause

I think a sad moent was when toa Ignika realized that it was going to have to give up its sentience and its body. Then after it sacrifices itself, the toa nuva just forget about it. Just kinda seemed like "Hey, everything we've ever worked for has just been acheived, but some guy had to die for it to happen. Oh well."

Guest Takua the Chronicler7

When Bionicle "ended". But if it had to be in the story, then maybe Matoro's death. It seemed like the most "useless" one was finally gaining some importance, then boom. He died, but actually for a very good reason.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Lihkan's death. He's one of bionicle's best characters, and it was sad to see him die. Ah, well, at least he fulfilled his destiny... :(

Also, nidhiki's entire story... He made some mistakes, but he didn't deserve to be stuck with krekka for the rest of his life, then die by being absorbed into makuta... :(

P.S. I have nothing against krekka.

Chuck Norik is no match for Bruce Lhikan!

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

Ok... Im the only Bionicle fan who didn't find Matoro's death the least bit phasing.

OK, my saddest moment was when the Toa Nuva got whooped by the Piraka. As a kid, my whole body ached from fatigue, all caused due to stress that my favorite Toa was dead (I had only finished the first Legends book, so I assumed the Toa were dead) ergh and I was only ten or so.

And I kinda agree with darkslizer. I was hoping Krika would be the lone surviving Makuta, and one that turned light.

Edited by slifer3000

Knock Knock

Who's there

Hoff

Hoff who

Yes

I don't reckon many moments have come across as that sad in Bionicle, certainly the only ones with that much emotion are those in the movies, and I'd have to go with Jaller's death in Mask of Light. They managed to animate a lot of emotion into Takua's eyes there.

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't

Besides that one part where that certain Toa of Ice gave up his life to save the universe, what do you think is the saddest moment is Bionicle? I'm saying it's Lhikan's death. It's just really tragic to see an old hero die in the hands of Teridax.

Gosh, Bionicle is riddled with sadness and hopeless tear-enducing moments. Yes, the death scenes are incredibly sad and all of them get to me, but I think the saddest Bionicle moment would have to be in Legends #2: Dark Destiny--the book not the comic. Jaller's rallied up five of the bravest matoran to go save the Toa Nuva and Takanuva came along with them. As we all know, Takanuva and Jaller have been best friends since forever, and share a strong bond. They love each other as blood-brothers with Jaller even dying for Takanuva when he was still a matoran. Jaller and the five matoran accidentally pass through an invisible wall that keeps matoran in and Toa out. After some heartfelt arguing, Jaller insists that they move on and the toa of light go back to Metru Nui. Takanuva reaches forward to touch Jaller, but the wall stops him. He gets choked up. Jaller tries to lighten the mood by joking and Takanuva says, "...You died once for me...don't die again..." Jaller tries to smile but has to look away from his best friend because he can't control his emotions. T0T!! It's so sad! I can't believe the emotion going through this scene! It ends with Takanuva calling to Jaller and saying, "...You would make a great toa." This seperation--realization that they will never see each other again, to me, is sadder than any death scene. :(

Edited by RobotProphet

Matoro's death was hardly any different from any other death, I have a hard time to figure out the sadness to it. The more he sacrifices himself for, the less sad it is. Jala's death was infinitely sadder and braver than Matoro's, bc Matoro died for an ENTIRE universe. But Jala died just to save his best friend.

Knock Knock

Who's there

Hoff

Hoff who

Yes