VampireΒohrok

Brickeens

It's awesome how you've maintained the look of a bohrok by using the various bohrok pieces, as size and shape wise it couldn't be more different. I particularly like the geared pieces used in the legs. I'm not a big fan of the teeth though, I can tell they're teeth, that's unmistakable, but at the same time I can't get by the fact they're very obviously minifig hands. Perhaps if there were something hidign the points where they were attached? The hands and feet are very cool, where do the claw pieces come from?

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't

Wish I was this good at MOCing. I love how the joints are constructed, and the general mechanical vibe it has.

They were called Tenno. Warriors of blade and gun: masters of the Warframe armor. Those that survived the old war were left drifting among the ruins. Now they are needed once more.

The Grineer, with their vast armies, are spreading throughout the solar system. A call echoes across the stars summoning the Tenno to an ancient place. They summon you. 

Allow the Lotus to guide you. She has rescued you from your cryostasis chamber and given you a chance to survive. The Grineer will find you; you must be prepared. The Lotus will teach you the ways of the Warframes and the secrets to unlocking their powers.

Come Tenno, you must join the war.

Decidedly one of your better creations; the teeth are absolutely inspired, and the gear pieces don't come off as ugly, surprisingly, it flows with the overall appearance, and the lanky body (while a bit jumbled in terms of construction) works pretty well. The feet and hands are probably the weaker points; they don't look very stable, and they look a bit haphazardly thrown on.

I like the legs, arms, and body especially, but the hips and the head could use some work. The Bohrok head-shield makes it sort of look like he has a long nose, and his hips are too wide. Just my opinion. I love how you made his limbs look werewolf-ish, and the teeth are AWESOME.

My first (and currently ONLY) MOC on BZP! >

http://www.bzpower.c...?showtopic=5426

PLAGUE

14780599_c638_625x625.jpg

Avatar pic taken [and edited] by me. DON"T STEAL IT!

:P

Another marvel by Brickeens. This is an MOC I quite like. I actually had the idea of making an MOC with mostly '01-'03 parts, but never got around to it :Р So this has a very unique structure to it. The curved spine adds a nice effect, and the teeth are very nicely executed. It appears you are pretty fond of the idea of those arms. It seems they're used sort of like mata arms for you...? The legs are very nice and thought out and the claws on both the feet and hands are very nice touches. The back is okay, could use a few touch ups, but then again, backs aren't really anyones strong suit :P So very nice one Bricks, stay bricky http://www.bzpower.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/cool.png

Edited by Daiker

doom4revalt.png

As other people have claimed, I also saw this on Brickshelf first. One of the coolest things I noticed about this MOC was the usage of the interior pieces of a Bohrok as limbs. The neutral gray that was never meant to be seen on the outside of a set gave it a lifeless appearance and emphasized the fact that it was vampiric. As for its vicious mouth, that's probably the most terrifying head I have seen on any MOC ever. Definintely a very impressive creation.

odyssey1_bannernew.jpg

Review Topic

I AM OFFICIALLY BACK! :D After 18 months on hiatus, I have returned, but I have spent that time well. If you want to see how it was spent, click on the banner to start reading the result or click on the linky-link below to get further information off of the review topic.

Wow. I am still shocked; this is so great there are many bits that I didn't notice at first, that's how absorbed I was with the overall look. I love the legs, they look really great and I can't...quite...figure out how they stay together. That's great engineering. Oh, and the use of minifig hands for teeth is genius. I love it. It totally looks like it was self assembled from random parts lying around, but at the same time, some part of me tells me that, logically speaking, it wouldn't really be symmetrical if it was thrown together from random bohrok parts. Meh, whatever. This works, and not only does it work, but it works well. If there was one thing I'd change, it's that grey bohrok limb. I'd make it solid black or lighter grey; it's the only piece of that color on the entire thing.

{Z}

I all sorts of dig this MOC. Tons of character to it, really enjoy the pistons on the arms and the head, as well as the side profile, the hands and the feet. Do not care for the bare lightsaber in the mid-torso, it's just begging to be covered up. I like how the tubes draw in at the center to create a more rounded and evenly distributed shape in the torso. Really great stuff in my opinion, definitely conveys that it is a monster that's rebuilt part of itself with robot parts.

This is some very nice work. I really like the head's construction, original while maintaining the Bohrok appearance. The design of thee feet is simple but really nice. How stable are the arms and legs? The system parts look a bit fragile, but it's still a good design. Overall, a great MOC!

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 100 KB!

Love the hunched back and the claws you have on him. Though the legs and limbs may be a weak point, I like the thin, sickly look of them on him. It gives more to the vampire-look. All you need is a Dracula cape and you are good! Great MoC!

"Wait, a hundred ships to one starfighter? It'll be a slaughter!

"That's the spirit!"

No! I mean MY slaughter!"

-Alex and Grig from The Last Starfighter-

:kaukau:Man, I love Bohrok MOCs. This one is pretty innovative around the waist. I'm particularly absorbed with how you use a consistence design of old technic pieces and themes. This reminds me of something I'd see from the old iconic MNOG game. Like the way you uuse those old Slizer pieces. And the various Bohrok body pars, especially their underbelly parts, which are hard to MOC with and help top off the MNOG-esque presence even more. His back also fascinates me and really gives him character, so he really looks cool from all angles. Finally, I didn't notice the legs at first, but once I finally did, the knees amazed me. I have never, ever seen a design like that before. Wonderful job. You can never have too much nostalgia. Well, yes you can, if it drives you insane. Your Honor,Emperor Kraggh

Man those are great teeth! The claws are pretty good, too. I like how you put gears in the legs.

jimistringer.png

Why are orange and black such a good color Combination ? Purple is pretty, and so is blue. Pink hurts your eyes, green is quite mellowing, black is very threatning, red is cool, orange is SO awesome, yellow's hard to read... But you can't see white at all! Oh, wait. I forgot brown.

Here's my thoughts: If a person tells the truth and says, " I always lie," Is he lying? Or is he telling the truth? And what has a mouth, but no head, and a body, but no torso? Do caterpillars like to tend to supporting colum of stone's every need? Or is that name misleading by nature? Speaking of nature, why are the children of animals called offspring? don't many young beasts come alive in spring, and thus, should be called onspring? Heeeeeeyy..... I got the first post on a page for the first time. Who knows; it may happen again. What the... It did happen again... and again...

YEAH! I'M ENCOUNTERING PROTODERMIS!

@Taipu1: Yeah, the teeth bother me, too. I got the claws from Witch Doctor, a Hero Factory set. @Senrab: The arms are actually very sturdy, apart from the fingers. @Dorek: Not sure what you mean when you say they don't look stable? @Ringoster: The knees are a bit weak, and the fingers obviously aren't strong, but everywhere else is fine. @Plague: I think the hips are one of the best parts of the MOC. They are kind of wide, but I like them that way.Dunno how the headplate makes him look like he has a long nose, seeing as I don't think he has a nose. @Daiker: Not sure what you're saying about the arms.Where does the back need touch ups? @Primus: Oh hey, thanks a bunch.The lightsaber bothers me, too. @Makal: The knees are a bit weak, but the arms are strong. @Everyone else: Thank you all very much for the replies.

@Daiker: Not sure what you're saying about the arms.Where does the back need touch ups?

On the arms, I see it as some kind of way of giving the mata feel but with a more usable style (e.g. articulation)On the back, I would say on the lower back where the legs connect. It's generally a bit blocky. Also the bar is blargh but I can't see a way to fix it either.

doom4revalt.png

I love it! Ideas like this that make the BBC forum really really cool. I love the use of bohrok parts throughout; It can be hard to MOC with the bohrok parts. He seems a little difficult to re-manuever? That's fine though, because of the fragile build. I was hoping it wasn't going to be just a Nuvohk with big teeth, and that's not what i see here! Awesome, really really cool man! - Darok

"You have to wonder at times what you're doing out there. Over the years, I've given myself a thousand reasons to keep running, but it always comes back to where it started. It comes down to self-satisfaction and a sense of achievement." - Steve Prefontaine

The gear parts at first seem to be a flaw, but then you realize its Fridge Brilliance. You've got this slight steampunk-mechanical feel to it. The eyes, head, and teeth are very well done, and enhance the vampirism and...Bohrok-ism. My only complaint involves the hands and feet. They seem a bit too simple. Still, it's an amazing PMOC.The MOC looks like a bro! :P

My Comedies: The Krika Show (Season 1)
The Krika Show Season 2 

• 2 weeks later...