X-Men: Discussion Topic

Krayzikk

Curiosity as to how the RP was faring made me come here. Once I saw things were going bad again, I figured I'd comment on the fact that conflict isn't going to make the issue magically resolved. I didn't insult anyone, and if I did, I apologized. I tried to make it very clear that I was commenting simply as an observer, and no offence whatsoever was intended. An RP is supposed to be for fun, but from the looks of things, not many people are having fun. Fueling the fire isn't going to make it any better. I've said what I came here to say, and will take my leave.

Again, I apologize if I offended anyone, that was not my intention.

Windrider, you are exactly right. Which is why I will be departing this conversation, because it is has passed far beyond the point where it is accomplishing anything useful.Good evening and good night, gentlemen.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

Tyler, I;'ll let you decide when to end the make session.

Life comes, and life goes, flowing like the tide.

Peace ebbs, and peace flows, often fleeting just like time.

Love can last, but only so, there isn't much before you die.

People pass, come to and fro. And eventually revenge too, doe lie.

For in the the end, it's only the vengent who lasts forever.

The Vengent Spectre.

• 2 weeks later...

So who all is still active in this RP? Can I get a number of hands?

I have no idea. All my characters are currently being interacted by Lord of Adders Black. I believe I had to post next, but I have no idea if he made another post telling my character something. Marauder is waiting for whoever is talking to him to reply.

gallery_110528_107_5250.jpg

Dude, I'm still playin'. And I'm not sure if you guys knew or not but, the pawn shop Nathanael is in, is the same one as the NA.

The Vengent Spectre.

I'm all down for some Brotherhood interaction as I still have no idea where they are, but yeah. Unless there is an plot reason, like an army of human banding together against mutantkind or some mutant shelled people, I think it might be a good move to hold off on the Brother-X team ups.

The Vengent Spectre.

*Lights a match.**Tosses it into the pile of papers that were my previous characters.*I do apologise about that.I've decided to wipe the slate clean, and have new characters.Kendra

Name: Kendra BlakeCodename:Age: 18Gender: FemaleFaction: Neutral, but leaning towards X-Men.Power(S): Flight, healing skills.Appearance: Kendra looks rather masculine, but she doesn't worry about that. She has green, shoulder length hair, and is always dressed in a black greatcoat with shirts of a dark hue. She wears black knee length boots and carries a leather satchel on her left shoulder. She wears a pair of earrings, which are triangular in shape with metal tassels dangling from them.Weapons: A small knife.Skills: She is quite good at healing people, and has a good knowledge of anatomy.Personality: Quiet, contemplative and silently compassionate. She does like the odd rave party or so, and is quite a lively dancer.Weakness: No vertical takeoffs, can't hurt anyone unless in retaliation, really dislikes harming people. She can't help regrow entire limbs or help with decapitations or whatnot. Major burns, broken limbs and blood loss are fine.Bio: Kendra doesn't really like talking about her family. She has a rather strained relationship with her siblings, and her mother, as they quarrel a lot about Kendra's chosen profession and her abilities.She and her family moved to New York some years ago, and their life was mostly normal, except that Kendra constantly felt the need to show off once in a while, like dying her hair green, and dressing in dark colors and spooking the whole neighborhood by flying around at night. otherwise, her life was pretty normal, and she grew up to be a well-balanced child that quarreled a lot with her parents and brothers.

Mixer

Name: Sergei GoldbergCodename: MixerAge: 15Gender: MaleFaction: Brotherhood.Power(S): Control over Air.Appearance:sergei_goldberg-mixer.jpgA boy of average height and average weight. He is always recognizable by the fact that his face has two red, triangular marks underneath his eyes, which are pure white. His eyes and marks will glow whenever he uses his powers.He's dressed in a long sleeve shirt, over which he wears a hoodie. He also has a pair of goggles which do nothing other than hide his eyes when going out in public, and block out the wind, shrapnel and water. On his right wrist is a garrote that doubles as a sling.Weapons: Garotte wire that doubles as a sling.Skills: Having slightly bad aim, attempts at being resourceful.Personality: He maintains a cheerful facade, but underneath he's struggling to come to terms with the fact that he had a hand in the death of his friend Jed, and that his father is trying to destroy him utterly.Weakness: Pain. The more air is manipulated (i.e. flying) the more pain it causes.He tends to act as a support role, and his appearance rather stands out.Bio: Mixer's father had tried to kill him many times for being 'an abomination'. The last time he did so was when he tried pushing Mixer off a cliff.Luckily Mixer was rather proficient at manipulating air, and he managed to land himself safely on the ground.Taking the chance to finally escape for the clutches of his father, he ran away from home and was eventually picked up by the Brotherhood.He had accidentally killed his best friend, Jed while trying to test the limits of his powers.

Jocelyn Brightman

Name: Jocelyn "Jo" BrightmanCodename: Astra.Age: 17Gender: FemaleFaction: X-MenPower(S):DreamWalk-Able to astrally project herself to a limited degree. (Involuntary, no control)Advanced sword proficiencyTelekinesis.Appearance: A large sized Caucasian girl. Her size isn't a berserk button, however.Ask Jocelyn to describe her hair colour, and she'll say "Blonde". She's content for it to stay that way.She is most likely dressed in length-adjustable pants, and a sleeveless parka thingy.Weapons: Anything suitably sharp enough. Pencils will do.Skills: Insane driving (has a Volkswagen Beetle that has at least 10 repaints), sword training.Personality: Jocelyn is rather boorish, and quite blunt and to the point. She will pull no punches if you offend her sensibilities, and she will absolutely murder anyone who dares touch her friends.Weakness: Dream Walking is very very very random. She's large, and quite rude. She will shut out anyone who keeps annoying her. Astral projection, unless guided will sometimes gravitate to land of the dead or realm of shinikamis or places of extreme power. Also, don't tell her that girls don't fight-you'll be on the ground sooner than you can say "Knife". Telekinesis is rather dependent on her emotions- the more violent she' feeling, the larger the objects that she can move.Bio: Things kept floating around Jocelyn whenever she got extremely emotional. This was quite often, and her parents kept finding her on the roof, having levitated herself there for privacy.She then complained of somehow gaining bruises when she was dreaming that carried over to real life.There was a haunting, and eventually her parents realized that they needed to do something about her.They sent her to the Institute, along with Nate.

Nathan Thorn

Name: Nathaniel "Nate" ThornCodename: LinkAge: 14Gender: MaleFaction: X-MenPower(S): Teleportation and extra-dimensional travel. He can only travel to the two Realms, which are like layers overlapping Earth. Each Realm has its special geography, and he is unable to teleport in them.Appearance: Nate looks rather vague at times, but that's just a sham. The more dreamy he looks, the more he is paying attention. He is quite tall and skinny.Weapons: None, unless you count the hazards of extra-dimensional travel and teleportation (being chopped in half, or teleporting into the core of a volcano)Skills: Paying attention, concentrating, staring into space, and quickly adapting to different situations that are rather outlandish.Personality: Nathan might seem rather vague, and stupid. He's actually moderately intelligent, and likes to pretend to be extremely seducing.Weakness: He has to have seen a place to be able to teleport to said place, teleportation and extra dimensional travel takes a lot of energy and concentration, no fighting knowledge, and is slightly jealous of anyone who goes teasing with Jocelyn. He can only teleport on Earth, and is unable to do so in the Realms.The Realms are rather unfriendly, and are dangerous to travel in. (they are a good place to hide in, though)Bio: Jocelyn's best friend (not boyfriend, thank you very much), who accompanied her to the Institute to try and find a way of controlling his rather out of control powers (he accidentally split a tree once while experimenting on his own).He has rather accepting parents, although they wish he would have chosen to stay at home with them and forget about his powers.

Christopher Harris

Name: Christopher Harris/Henrys.Codename: ContractAge: 39Gender: MaleFaction: X-MenPower(S):Paper control (think Haku and the paper people, or Read Or Die), superstrength, is actually an eldritch hybrid horror(no extra powers, but an extra form, though)Appearance: He looks like an Edwardian era gentlemen with a waistcoat that has way too many pockets. Is rather tall and silently imposing. He has what seems to be a tattoo on his face, but it is actually a mark that betrays his true nature.Weapons: The pen is mightier than the sword.Skills: Creating binding contracts, reading a lot, stealing books.Personality: Contary to a stereotypical eldritch horror thing, Christopher is quite kind to others and is rather well-mannered to others. He is quite altruistic, and occasionally does volunteer work.Weakness: He is quite kind, paper is especially vulnerable to liquids and flame, rather dislikes classic religious symbols, he can carry only up to objects with the weight of at least two tram carriages. He does occasionally lose control of his form when there's a full moon, and as such, prefers to stay away from others at that time.Bio: Christopher is the child of a demon, and of a human. He was brought up by Alastor Henrys and as such, regards himself as human, with some disadvantages. Those disadvantages caused him to prefer to keep to himself, and he was constantly picked on at school.However, there was a bullying incident went wrong, and he killed the bully, and Alastor, who tried to stop him.Filled with regret, he was shuffled around in foster care, but no one would take him in, except for the Institute.He studied Law, and learnt to control his powers.He now lives in a secluded corner of the Institute. Some people do not know of his existence.

Edited by The Writer

"Wer Traumt?"

By the way is whole Hydra thing still going on?

Okay, I was going to make a fire mutant, but since that's out of the question, I'm going for sonics. So here it is.

Name: Michael James Weston (previously Michael Frankton)

Codename: MutemanAge: 35Gender: MaleFaction: BrotherhoodPower(S): Power over Sonics. Can blast waves of sound at an enemy. He change can change it for more power. To re charge this power,he can absorb the sound around, or of a being. This will cause the being to loose their voice and hearing. Has enough strength to lift up to a sedan.Appearance: A tall grimace man who looks well built. He has buzz-cut grey hair, and his face is covered in scars due to facing men in battle. His muscles don't look so robust, but when in combat, you can see them bulging out like a body-builder's. He looks rather pale, and has light blue eyes. His suit is pale blue with dark blue as it's secondary and it has some red accents. He has some type of metal plate that covers his mouth and nose in a v-shape. He wears dark-blue shades to cover his eyes.Weapons: None.Skills: Good at computers and sound mixing. He is also good at CQC with knives.Personality: Logical on computers, but insane on the battlefield. Since he knows how to use computers, he can do anything with them. But combat is where he can struggle since he doesn't know his opponent, until the battle keeps going on.Weakness: Has an enlarged heart.Bio: Michael Frankton lived a life that most people would envy. He lived with a rich family that would buy him anything to make him happen. When he was eight, they bought him his first computer. He was really good with it, since he knew what to do when a virus had entered the computer. Later on his life, he created a virus protection program, that got rid of all of his virus quick, and he never had to worry about them. He never sold the patent, and many people tried to copy him, but they failed every time. When he was 19, he enlisted into the US Army as an Army technician. His job was simply, he was to be deployed wherever they need one in case of an emergency.

One day, his unit was ambushed in the dark of night. He didn't know what to do, but at the last minute he grabbed his gun and fired at them. But one knocked him out from behind, and everyone else but him was dead. He was captured to help them gain access to the U.S Military Database, since he is the only one good enough to do so with his excellent abilities in computer mechanics. When he refused, they beat him badly, which is why he has the scars on his face. One time when he refused, they blasted him with a sonic cannon that they stole. This is what triggered his gene and ultimately lead to the villain known as Sound Byte. When they finished blasting him with the cannon, he absorbed the excess sound around him and fired it at one of the men with him. The other charged at him with a knife, but he countered him and took a hold of the other knife that has on its holster, and slit his throat. He has since kept that knife.

Before he left the base, he created an explosive out of sound cannon that can only be triggered by gaining access to a code he left in the computer at the base. The explosive was placed around the base so nothing was left behind. When the Army rescue team went to the base to bring him back, they found the computer and attempted the gain access. When they did, a small window popped-up saying, 'Good bye.' and under neath it was a skull. They had little time to react, and the bomb went off, killing them. Weston watched from a far distance as his old life was now dead. They have since deemed him dead in the line of combat. In order to not come up as a dead person, Michael changed his name to James Weston.

When he returned home to the U.S he was met by some mutants of the Brotherhood, since he stumbled upon their base of operations. Before they could lift a finger on him, he absorbed the sound around both of them. They started going insane, and attacking him, but Michael countered the attacks, then gave them back their sound by blasting them with sound. This gained their attention at the time, and seeing what he did, he decided to let him join since he could be useful.

Edited by Flaredrick: the Sniper

I'll just address the ones that are completed so far, Writer.

@Kendra- are there any restrictions on her healing? Like can she re-grow someone's entire arm? etc.

@Link- I'm very wary about giving a PC the power of dimensional travel. As I told Constructman in a character he got approved not to long ago, I feel like it could be abused.

@Contract- How strong is his super strength?

@Sound Byte- How long are their hearing and voice gone? how long does it take to re-charge his ability?

The Hydra attack is still going down, but it is also winding down. The military counter attack the the destruction of their base has had that effect.

Edited by Flex Fiction

It's gone for a minute or two if does not blast them with sound. If he just absorbs it then blasts right back, it will come back in a few seconds after they are hit. To re-charge will only take about a minute. Depending on how much sound is around the person or area he is in. I can change some things around if need be.

+1 for Sound Byte.

As for as the group of new characters submitted by The Writer: I'm wary of approving characters with such loosely defined abilities. If you could be more in depth with the workings and limitations of their powers, it would be greatly appreciated.

~Totally like a boomerang. I always come back. Just never when you want me to.~

Okay edited.For Contract, he can lift objects no more heavier than the weight of two tram carriages. He also has no extra abilities from being a eldritch hybrid horror, only an extra form that is always revealed during a full moon. He does not go looking for blud, and still remains mentally human.For Kendra, she can do serious injuries, like burns and serious blood loss, but as for regrowing someone's entire arm? Hey, she's not Miach, son of Dian Cecht, okay? Amnesia, and other psychology stuff belongs to psychiatrists, and other mutants with the power to repair minds.For Link, he can only travel to two realms, but they're quite hazardous to travel in, and the geography doesn't always correspond with Earth.

Edited by The Writer

"Wer Traumt?"

Anyone interested in doing anything with Warren Worthington III?

EDIT: I also already have an Ultimate named Soundbyte.

-Tyler

Edited by Dallas Winston

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

i've seen the bottom on tv. (which i did get his name from, but if his middle is james, then it's a coincedence.) i'm leaning a bit to the first one, only because of the grimace. for some reason my mind is going for a cross between the 2.my guess the looks of 1 for present, and i guess 2 for past.

For Link, he can't send people, unless they're touching him when he shifts dimensions.For Contract, let's say about 150 tons for each tram, therefore he can carry up to a limit of 300 tons.I've finished Jocelyn's and Mixer's stats by the way.

"Wer Traumt?"

Well New York was under attack by Hydra but the battle is wearing down now that the military has stepped in. You could throw a few into the fray and kill some Hydra mooks before it ends if you'd like. A group of X-Men have just returned to the mansion so people are hanging out there and interacting currently.