Technic Coliseum

Pahrak Model ZX

Good match, Canis!

To be fair, I figured this'd be the way it'd go. But it's all about fighting hard, right?

This is certainly a bit of nostalgia. I dunno about everyone else, but I'd like to have another Tournament like this. As for changes...

Maybe take four or five different Arenas, use this ever-so-helpful tool and have two fighters in each? And if we have more pairings than Arenas just cycle through.

An idea, nothing more.

While I can understand Vox's perspective, I think that this new tournament system is better for the community as a whole. It gives people a chance to go up against fighters that they would not get to face in regular play and keeps the focus on the strategies rather than brute force.

To further even the playing field next month, we could have the participants select a pool of 5-6 items that will be their inventory during the tournament. At the very least that should make it so that people who go up against Canis or me will not have to write as many counter-strategies. :P

Edited by Keizah the Kaleidoscope

steven-giantwoman-b.gif

[æzɚæθ mɛtriɔn zɪnθos]

...I have a lot of items? O.o

Buuut anyway, for Breez I would like to get +1 in everything, and for Luna +3 Mind and +1 Toughness.

EDIT: oh wow lol completely forgot about the Tournament boost xD

sooo...

Breez: Boost Strength. Luna: Boost Toughness. :D

Zakaro

Edited by ZakarOh!

AGoNWLR.jpg

They call me Zakaro. You should too.

Yes Keizah, I realize that, in retrospect, writing attempted counters for most of your items was kinda silly. :P Also stating that I support the new tournament format. I don't really have much to suggest in terms of other changes.

Core Hunter, Hahli Hordika, and Astroflare open for matches!

On Bota Magna, everything is about to fall apart.

Yeah, I have a ton of items.

Personally, I would like something similar to this, but with arenas. We really need our arena tournament.

Anywho, I won, so I have prizes to collect!

I'll have a Staff of Poison, and will give +1 to Mil in Strength, and put the Tournament boost to that. Then, Pridak will get +1 in Mind, Tournament boost applying. Virus will get +1 to both Mind and Agility.

I used to have a banner here.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

I like this arrangement, since it brings the focus back to strategies and not the meta-game(I.e. just stats.). Also, we should randomised which pairing fights in which arena.

Another addition is Keizah's suggestion: limit items to a select pool, thus bringing the focus even more to strategy, not brute force.

Pahrak: I'd like to get a Plasma Shield for Zaria.

Zakaro: Your fighters’ stats have been updated. You currently have 53,000 W.

Canis: Your fighters’ stats have been updated, and the Staff has been added to their inventories.

Norik: The shield has been added to Zaria’s inventory. You currently have 7,000 W.

Quick question or more like statement.. I didn't think tournament boosts could be given to fighters who weren't in the tournament?

Also while I am wholly still against this whole tournament I shall agree that if it is done again there needs to be a limit on items. I kinda of like the 5-6 amount someone suggested though how would that work out with fighters who have the infusion bonus for rahkshi staffs?

Also pahrak perhaps as a form of reminder you could make a post the day before the tournament as a reminder for people to set their stats?

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

No, the once per tournament rule is just a limit on time, a fighter does not actually have to participate in the tournament to access the boost again. Infused Staffs would need to be on the reduced item list so that the opponent can plan for it. As for reminders the day before, I'm not sure it would be necessary--I always make a post one week before the tournament, and its start date is listed at the top of the first post in case anyone forgets.

I think the best would be to have, say, 20 allowed items, and at the tournament beginning, when we determine stats, we also decide, say, 6 items out of the examplple 20 the fighter will use for that tournament.

Or, we could let sponsors have a certain amount of widgets to buy weapons that will only be used on that tournement tl prevent people from maxing out the 6 items allowed.

In summary:

So, there can only be max say, 6 items for that fighter whole tournament, and the max total value of those 6 is say, W60,000, and those items come out of a pre-determined list of ,, say,40 items allowed in the tournament. He items are chosen for each fighter by their sponsor at the start of the tournament. What do you think?

Oh, I meant that each player would choose 6 items from their inventory to bring with them into the tournament. Certain items are already banned from tournaments (they're listed in the first post), but that's generally reserved for items that are really broken (i.e. Staff of Silence). The goal was to make people bring the items that they'll actually use so that their opponents will have some idea of how to counter them, not to make all fighters have uniform inventories.

steven-giantwoman-b.gif

[æzɚæθ mɛtriɔn zɪnθos]

I was talking to Norik, not you, about his first suggestion.

I think yours is fine.

Also, as for Norik's second suggestion, that is also a bad idea. It would void any work we had done for our fighter at all besides upgrades, which would just be bad.

I used to have a banner here.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

I don't want to impose a limit on items in normal play, though doing so in Tournaments sounds like a good idea. As for making the limit based on price, that's a possibility, but I think I'd like to try it out just using a number of items as the limit first.

I don't want to impose a limit on items in normal play, though doing so in Tournaments sounds like a good idea. As for making the limit based on price, that's a possibility, but I think I'd like to try it out just using a number of items as the limit first.

Um considering the prices of some items you wouldn't get that many items if you based it on price.. But Keizah's idea honestly sounds the best.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Vox and I have agreed to a match between Blitzkrieg Electro and Immanis Kopaka in the Stalactite Village, 4,000W each.

Strategy:

Items: Golden Armor and Hex Shield, apply bonus point to toughness

Analysis: While Kopaka has higher toughness and mind, Electro has a 10-point advantage in agility, meaning that he will be able to attack more frequently and avoid more of Kopaka's attacks, effectively making up for the toughness disadvantage. The Hex Shield will further boost Electro's longevity while the Golden Armor is there to block the Staff of Sleep, which would be disastrous for Electro in midair.

General: Electro will tilt his body upward and use a burst of electricity from his wings and engine to rocket up into the air and not allow time for a counterattack. Electro will then barrage Kopaka with rockets while he moves near the roof of the cavern right above Kopaka and drops an EMP grenade to stun the Toa. While Kopaka freefalls Electro will use an electric surge to dislodge several stalactites and send them falling after him. Even if Kopaka recovers before he hits the swamp, he will probably not be able to evade them all. Before the dust settles Electro will take the opportunity to create electric armor around his body before Kopaka recovers. After that point Electro will weave around Kopaka's attacks while continuing to hit him with rockets, occasionally doing a corkscrew above the Toa to drop an EMP grenade on him. Any successful attempt to stun the Toa will be followed by loosing more stalactites to drop on him.

Counters:

Shadow projectiles/impact vision/axe blasts - Block with a combination of the Hex Shield and electric barriers

Shadow chains/claws/other constructs - Electro will generate electric spikes around his body to tear away at the binds

Axonn's Axe - Intercept with rockets to send it off-course and tumbling into the swamp below.

steven-giantwoman-b.gif

[æzɚæθ mɛtriɔn zɪnθos]

Immanis Kopaka Vs Blitzkrieg Electro at the Stalactite Village. And while i had agreed to 4,000 widgets i will actually increase my own amount to 6,000 widgets.

*Drinks some red-wine*

Here is to a good fight.

Skakdi spine and Adaptive armor

Kopaka will begin by launching into the air with his 4 wings. He will try to get as far away from Electro as he possibly can while staying in the air. As soon as he has reached a safe distance Kopaka shall begin by using his skakdi spine to blast at the ceiling above Electro sending Stalactites falling towards him. While Electro is busy evading the stalactites kopaka shall concentrate on his powers to create a delayed elemental attack that shall consist of a dense form of shadow which shall take the form of a dual set of ball and chains. He will send bolts of shadows at Electro while flying closer to him avoiding attacks from him while creating shields of shadow to block more powerful attacks. As soon as Kopaka is close to Electro he shall activate the delayed attack causing Electro to plummet since he will not be prepared for the sudden weight increase. Though as soon as kopaka can see Elector begin to fall he will use his swords to latch onto electro jamming them into his back. As he uses the swords to stay attached while they both fall he will release one hand to coat his claws in shadow and litterly scratch at Electro's back while using the skakdi spine to deliver close-range impact blasts. Once Kopaka has inflicted enough damage he shall let go of the free falling Electro regaining his own altitude. Though since electro shall likely have regained himself by now kopaka shall use his skakdi spine to send impact blasts at the Stalagmites that support the villages hitting delicate parts that should cause decent portions of the village to break off and send debris at electro.

If that is not enough to defeat electro he shall continue staying at a decent distance from the fighter using impact blasts and shadow bolts to strike at Electro as well as throwing his shield at Electro to cause him to alter his flight paths. If possible Kopaka shall use shadow bolts to disrupt Electro's turbines by throwing them into the engine mechanisms of the turbines.

Items and Countering Defense.

Subzero spear: If electro uses the spear Kopaka shall try to use the his shadow powers to block the attack of the spear.

Gravity shield: Given the effects of gravity kopaka will likely be thrown off kilter in flight at which time he shall try to regain his balance while using a sphere of shadow to protect himself from attacks.

Staff of Plasma: Similar to the plan for the subzero spear though while blocking the attack he will try to use it to his advantage to bring indirect harm to Electro

Golden armor: Since i am not using any Rahkshi staffs this should not have any effect

Repellers: While this can be a truly devestating item Kopaka shall try to keep a close eye and predict when Electro shall use the repellers and will pull his attack at the last moment to cause less harm to himself.

Hex shield: This is a tricky one since kopaka relies on his mind stat the most. Kopaka will work to try and seperate Electro from the hex shield or at least counter the dampening effects of the shield by increasing the power of his own attacks.

Staff of Molecular Disruption: Not knowing which item will be destroyed kopaka shall try to compensate for the loss of either item while using the remains of the item as a weapon itself. He will throw the pieces at electro aiming for his turbines in hopes of breaking the inner mechanisms.

Staff of illusion: Kopaka shall use a combo of skakdi spine and wide-range shadow bolts to figure out what is an illusion and what isn't since the attacks should go right through the illusion. Though his adaptive armor should help in this field but the first part is incase the armor is destroyed.

Disks and Spinners: Kopaka shall try to evade these and or deflect them in hopes of sending them back at Electro.

Emp grenades: Kopaka shall try to avoid being directly under Electro to avoid these things though in the chance of him ending up under electro he will create a rounded shield of shadow to block most of the damage.

Electric blasts: Shields of Shadow and evading.

Agility: To compensate for Elector's agility kopaka shall increase the speed and amount of his shadow bolts and impact vision while increasing the range. He shall also coat Electro's 'eyes' in shadow which should blind him and decrease his agility.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

Kopaka vs Electro: It's a tough call. Electro will definitely get in plenty of attacks to start, but the blinding and chains will leave him vulnerable for a time. Kopaka will be able to latch on and deal some damage, but his strategy of using spikes should be able to repel the Toa as well as (eventually) tear through the chains--the Hex Shield's ability to cause slight damage will also help with this. Once that is taken care of and the blinding wears off, he'll be able to take control again, but with the damage he has taken by that point, I'm not sure how well he'll be holding up. It may very well come down to both fighters running out of elemental energy, but even then both fighters have ways of damaging each other than aren't dependant upon EE. It's not very clear-cut, but...Electro's agility (and turbines) will allow him to dodge and deliver many hits, and that just might be enough to pull ahead. Electro wins 25,000 W.

Pupwa: Several possible Kanohi would have effects redundant with other items, which are usable by all fighters and take priority. I am open to suggestions, however.

Kopaka vs Electro: It's a tough call. Electro will definitely get in plenty of attacks to start, but the blinding and chains will leave him vulnerable for a time. Kopaka will be able to latch on and deal some damage, but his strategy of using spikes should be able to repel the Toa as well as (eventually) tear through the chains--the Hex Shield's ability to cause slight damage will also help with this. Once that is taken care of and the blinding wears off, he'll be able to take control again, but with the damage he has taken by that point, I'm not sure how well he'll be holding up. It may very well come down to both fighters running out of elemental energy, but even then both fighters have ways of damaging each other than aren't dependant upon EE. It's not very clear-cut, but...Electro's agility (and turbines) will allow him to dodge and deliver many hits, and that just might be enough to pull ahead. Electro wins 25,000 W.

Pupwa: Several possible Kanohi would have effects redundant with other items, which are usable by all fighters and take priority. I am open to suggestions, however.

*arches brow as he reads this*

Well.. congrats keizah..

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

• 2 weeks later...

Well, it’s that time again: Tournament 12 begins in one week! We’ll be using the same stat system as the last tournament, but this time I’m going to incorporate some extra elements you guys suggested.

-Items: When you present the stat profile for your fighter, you must also select up to five items that you own. Your tournament strategies can only make use of these five items. (If you have fewer than five items, don’t worry about this. If you have more than five but wish to include fewer items, you may do so.)

-Arenas: Thanks to Wraith providing that handy list randomizer, I think I’ll very easily be able to properly randomize the arenas for this tournament. The arenas will be listed in parentheses next to each match-up.

These details are locked in for this tournament, but feedback will be asked for after the tournament to determine if further changes will be made. As previously, fighter profiles will be listed in this post. I hope you all have fun!

Fighters:

Core Hunter
-Strength: 8
-Agility: 13
-Toughness: 11
-Mind: 16
Items: Plasma Pistol, Hero Core Removal Tool, Toa-level power over Plasma, Staff of Molecular Disruption, Adaptive Armour, Repellers, Exo-Toa.
Hewkii
-Strength: 12
-Agility: 12
-Toughness: 12
-Mind: 12
Powers and Items: Toa of Stone, Laser Axe, Electric Chain, Kanohi Kadin
Corrupted Ehlek
-Strength: 10
-Agility: 12
-Toughness: 10
-Mind: 16
Powers and Items:Can shoot lightning bolts from back spines without using Elemental Energy, Toa-level power over Lightning, Vari Blasters, Kanohi Crast, Staff of Poison -C, Power Lance, Axxon's Axe, Lightning Shield.
Luna Galaxia
-Strength: 15
-Agility: 6
-Toughness: 15
-Mind: 12
Powers and Items: ShadowStar Scythe, able to shoot star-shaped energy blasts, Toa-level power over Shadow, Axonn's Axe, Staff of Hunger, Adaptive Armor, Electric Atoms, Golden Armor
Immanis Kopaka
Strength: 5
Agility: 17
Toughness: 10
Mind: 16
Powers and Items:Toa of Shadow, Ice Blades, shield, flight, protosteel claws, Skakdi Spine (Impact), Axonn's Axe, Adaptive Armor, Staff of Sleep, Staff of Elasticity,
Zaria:
-Strength:5
-Agility:15
-Toughness:13
-Mind:15
Powers and Items: Toa of Iron, Kadin, Plasma Shield.
Infected Pridak:
Strength: 5
Toughness: 15
Agility: 13
Mind: 15
Powers and Items: Blaster-Swords, Toa-level power over Gravity, Staff of Sonics, Kadin, Staff of Molecular Disruption, Plasma Shield, Huna
Gali Hordika
Strength: 14
Agility: 15
Toughness: 14
Mind: 5
Powers and Items:Toa of Water, hooks, detachable blade-like fins on wrists and ankles, Kanohi Suletu, Kanohi Kadin, Repellers, Hex Shield, Staff of Molecular Disruption

Edited by Pahrak #0579

Entering Core Hunter into the tournament.

Core Hunter

Strength: 8

Agility: 13

Toughness: 11

Mind: 16

Total: 48

Items: Already has less than five items. Staff of Molecular Disruption, Adaptive Armour, Repellers, Exo-Toa. That's four.

So, basically, his current stats if they added up to 48 and not 56.

On Bota Magna, everything is about to fall apart.