Official 2012 Set Discussion

Mesonak

Did Lego just reveal the climax to the entire Hero Factory project in one two minutes and five seconds long move?Actually, although I don't want to get my hopes up for this show, that video actually looked kind of cool. Apparently now Jawblade is amphibious. Definitely not a fan of Black Phantom's voice, though. Von Nebula meets Nitroblast.

Thank you, BZPower staff. In the past, I wish I showed more appreciation for all that you do. From one Bionicle fan to another, thank you.

The images work, they just take a LOT to load, so beware.~Gata. ;)

I'm not seeing them either. Since you can view them, do you mind rehosting them on Brickshelf or someplace?

I'm still getting the error, and Cholie is telling me that it's a registration-only site anyway. I think it's the site more than anything about the file, could you try hosting them elsewhere (like flickr, brickshelf, etc?)?Edit: Or choles can ask himself like a big boy.

Strange, I am not registered on that site and I can view them. Anyway, I will upload the pictures to Brickshelf as soon as it is up again. It´s just the first image Dorek posted with high resolution, so you aren´t missing any unseen pictures either. If Brickshelf doesn´t return today, I will probably upload it to Flickr.~Gata. ;)

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

Hey guys, I just wanted to let you all know I received all 10 sets in the mail a couple of days ago, so I'll be able to post pictures of Splitface, Breez, Thornraxx, Furno and whoever else you desire very soon, once I've finished some Christmas-related duties. (I got the sets from amazon.de, before anyone asks.)P.S. Black Phantom...doesn't sound French, nor German, actually. Has anyone ever been to France? :P I go to France every year, and no one I've ever met there sounded like him, exaggerated or not.

bzp_banner.jpg

That's great to hear; awesome for you. :PThe only sets we haven't seen sufficient pictures/video of yet are Breez, Splitface, and Thornraxx. As such, it'd be great if pictures could be taken of them.Oh yeah, and obviously info as to whether they're cool or not would be appreciated as well. :P-Mesonak

The Three Virtues YouTube Channel

-----

the3virtuesbanner.png

-----

Check it out for laughs, discussion, and more.

Just got back from TRU, they had all the small sets except Thornraxx, I bought Evo and Toxic Reapa for 11.99$ CAD each, not too much of a markup from the prior Heroes. I'm quite liking the bags, they were a bit larger than I expected, and personally I find no flaws in them compared to Canisters aside from the fact that you need a tool to open them, that's a bit of a pain.I also managed to open the bags by snipping the middle so that the top was still held on at the sides, unfortunately i wasn't able to just cut the back since the things are so thin.As for the actual sets, Evo is pretty standard for a Hero, his Gun Arm and Core were smaller than expected. The Handcuffs seem a little obtrusive sitting on his shoulder though.Toxic Reapa is pretty cool, he's designed quite well, especially his Torso and chest. His Tanks get in the way of his shoulderpads though. Also, interestingly, his tubes came bent at precisely the right angle for attachment.I'll check to see if they have more sets on the 20th when I go to pick up SWTOR.~ELM~

Edited by Element lord Of Milk.
andromeda_m31_slideshow.jpg

Hey guys, I just wanted to let you all know I received all 10 sets in the mail a couple of days ago, so I'll be able to post pictures of Splitface, Breez, Thornraxx, Furno and whoever else you desire very soon, once I've finished some Christmas-related duties. (I got the sets from amazon.de, before anyone asks.)P.S. Black Phantom...doesn't sound French, nor German, actually. Has anyone ever been to France? :P I go to France every year, and no one I've ever met there sounded like him, exaggerated or not.

Pictures of the combine models would be cool.

At some point you realize that you are but a speck in the Universe.

That you time in this worlds is but a blink.

You see the whole of reality as it unfolds before you.

You try to see how far you can reach, and it’s not that far past your face.

But then you come back from the brink.

You hold them in your arms again.

And you know that you are where their world begins.

You are their rock.

P.S. Black Phantom...doesn't sound French, nor German, actually. Has anyone ever been to France? :P I go to France every year, and no one I've ever met there sounded like him, exaggerated or not.

I live there one to three months out of the year =P. I think it sounds like an exaggerated French dialect, personally. Obviously we only hear two lines, so it's not much to go on, but there's definitely hints of Napoleonic parody in there. Not the greatest voice, but we were probably spoiled with Dee Bradley Baker's rendition of Witch Doctor, which was spine-chillingly good.Also reverse Splitface is what I want to see.

The images work, they just take a LOT to load, so beware.~Gata. ;)

I'm not seeing them either. Since you can view them, do you mind rehosting them on Brickshelf or someplace?

I'm still getting the error, and Cholie is telling me that it's a registration-only site anyway. I think it's the site more than anything about the file, could you try hosting them elsewhere (like flickr, brickshelf, etc?)?Edit: Or choles can ask himself like a big boy.

Strange, I am not registered on that site and I can view them. Anyway, I will upload the pictures to Brickshelf as soon as it is up again. It´s just the first image Dorek posted with high resolution, so you aren´t missing any unseen pictures either. If Brickshelf doesn´t return today, I will probably upload it to Flickr.~Gata. ;)
Here you go.~Gata. ;)

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

Take a close look at the bottom part of Rocka's crossbow. Green axle piece.....if only it were real.

sailor_moon_banner.jpg

Tired of broken BIONICLE sets? Support the Remolded Sockets Service Pack project by Kon1 on CUUSOO http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/17500

Want more female characters to stand with you BIONICLE or HF collection? Support Bunyip's Constraction Line for Girls project on CUUSOO http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/6801

My Evo and Black Phantom both came in today. Both of them are awesome looking.

[size=4][color=#FF0000][color=#000000]Formerly known as ROTF Devastator[/color][/color][/size]
Kittiez sigpet made by Mr Nebby
[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/vakama18/Stuff/shockwave_sig.jpg[/img][img]http://www.majhost.com/gallery/Nrdy/Kittiez/W1/tabby.png[/img]

Black Phantom sounds like the stereotypical "Herr Doktor" crazy Nazi scientist, which is... different.Also found Rocka, Toxic Reapa, and Black Phantom himself at TRU today (plus Waspix, but that's not important right now). Rocka is slightly disappointing, with his too-long legs and awkard arms. Toxic Reapa is AMAZING, and Black Phantom is AWESOME (so is Waspix, but that's not important right now).All they had was BP, TR, and Rocka, though. Haven't seen any of the others anywhere.

Edited by Stryker055

Just bought Surge, Evo and Splitface from my local LEGO store :)And yes, Splitface's half-faces are indeed mirror images of each other. They don't seem to split apart though...

They don't split apart? Aw... I was really looking forward to having a half-mask piece.

The+Edge-Banderbear.jpg bug_animated.gifStarhawk-PlayStation-3-b-300x300.jpg

"Wuh?"

Just bought Surge, Evo and Splitface from my local LEGO store :)And yes, Splitface's half-faces are indeed mirror images of each other. They don't seem to split apart though...

Can you post pictures?

[size=4][color=#FF0000][color=#000000]Formerly known as ROTF Devastator[/color][/color][/size]
Kittiez sigpet made by Mr Nebby
[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/vakama18/Stuff/shockwave_sig.jpg[/img][img]http://www.majhost.com/gallery/Nrdy/Kittiez/W1/tabby.png[/img]

I'm personally not really disappointed. I don't see how the heads would be able to reconnect on the sides without any visible pegs : I mean they DO have an axle to connect to the head, why would it be able to split?

doom4revalt.png

I heard Splitface's face can split. The helmet is made of two halves each being a flip mask. So, if you wanted to, you could have the colors reversed, or get two and have the whole head be the same color.Don't have the set, so I wouldn't know. I just heard.Kalhiki

mrdark2.png

You're Doomed, Rayman!

Boy! I just love it when my computer doesn't tell me when my battery is getting low!

(that's sarcasm, by the way)

I heard Splitface's face can split. The helmet is made of two halves each being a flip mask. So, if you wanted to, you could have the colors reversed, or get two and have the whole head be the same color.Don't have the set, so I wouldn't know. I just heard.Kalhiki

If the face can actually split, will some of the other pieces be able to split?

pWPTu7m.jpg

No. I'm pretty sure only the face can split. Besides, the body armor is one solid piece. There's know way the entire figure can split in half (though that would be sweet)Kalhiki.

mrdark2.png

You're Doomed, Rayman!

Boy! I just love it when my computer doesn't tell me when my battery is getting low!

(that's sarcasm, by the way)

I have a question about Evo. I recently purchased him, and his #3 armor appears not to be gunmetal, but trans-gunmetal. That is right, mine has a new translucent color. Is this normal? The review said nothing, but you cannot really tell unless you hold it up to a light due to its metallic nature. So did Bfahome not notice, or did I get a misprint armor part? Can anyone else who has Evo tell me?

aouROFb.png

I have a question about Evo. I recently purchased him, and his #3 armor appears not to be gunmetal, but trans-gunmetal. That is right, mine has a new translucent color. Is this normal? The review said nothing, but you cannot really tell unless you hold it up to a light due to its metallic nature. So did Bfahome not notice, or did I get a misprint armor part? Can anyone else who has Evo tell me?

I would have noticed any significant transparency on mine. Plus it would be pointless for LEGO to use a new color on one small piece that's mostly covered by other pieces. You probably got one of the occasional slip-up parts where the plastic isn't fully colored and so ends up being transparent or translucent.

OpAXNpl.jpg

Just watched a review for Thornraxx. To be honest, I think that he is the best set of this wave (based on what I've seen, since I don't actually own any of the sets). I thought he was gunmetal and azure, but it turns out he is black and azure (the azure color looks a bit different than the one used in Alien Conquest sets). The only thing bad thing about Thornraxx that I noticed from the video is that his body (not the usual body frame used in most sets now) has almost no armour on it. But it looks like his back is covered up by where his wings attach pretty well. I'm interesred to see the review of him on this site, now.

The+Edge-Banderbear.jpg bug_animated.gifStarhawk-PlayStation-3-b-300x300.jpg

"Wuh?"

Just watched a review for Thornraxx

Can you drop a hint as to where you watched it?

jimistringer.png

Why are orange and black such a good color Combination ? Purple is pretty, and so is blue. Pink hurts your eyes, green is quite mellowing, black is very threatning, red is cool, orange is SO awesome, yellow's hard to read... But you can't see white at all! Oh, wait. I forgot brown.

Here's my thoughts: If a person tells the truth and says, " I always lie," Is he lying? Or is he telling the truth? And what has a mouth, but no head, and a body, but no torso? Do caterpillars like to tend to supporting colum of stone's every need? Or is that name misleading by nature? Speaking of nature, why are the children of animals called offspring? don't many young beasts come alive in spring, and thus, should be called onspring? Heeeeeeyy..... I got the first post on a page for the first time. Who knows; it may happen again. What the... It did happen again... and again...

YEAH! I'M ENCOUNTERING PROTODERMIS!

I just looked at mine, mine has a slight transluceny as well. I didn't notice it before, thanks for pointing it out!

banner.jpg

Read the Spherus Magna Chronicles: Fire here on Bzpower:

http://www.bzpower.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=333880

If you google Legojang and Splitface you can see that Splitface's face is indeed two parts.

You are their rock.

Just checked UPS tracking and it seems I'll be getting EVO today

sailor_moon_banner.jpg

Tired of broken BIONICLE sets? Support the Remolded Sockets Service Pack project by Kon1 on CUUSOO http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/17500

Want more female characters to stand with you BIONICLE or HF collection? Support Bunyip's Constraction Line for Girls project on CUUSOO http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/6801

...and why does he have red on his right side.

Because he's a communist.

You are their rock.

EVO just got here!!!!

sailor_moon_banner.jpg

...and why does he have red on his right side.

Because he's a communist.
Sigged'.
They were called Tenno. Warriors of blade and gun: masters of the Warframe armor. Those that survived the old war were left drifting among the ruins. Now they are needed once more.

The Grineer, with their vast armies, are spreading throughout the solar system. A call echoes across the stars summoning the Tenno to an ancient place. They summon you. 

Allow the Lotus to guide you. She has rescued you from your cryostasis chamber and given you a chance to survive. The Grineer will find you; you must be prepared. The Lotus will teach you the ways of the Warframes and the secrets to unlocking their powers.

Come Tenno, you must join the war.

Does anybody know when the 2012 sets will be out in Canada?

Next year.

You are their rock.

Does anybody know when the 2012 sets will be out in Canada?

There's already some here(All Small sets minus Thornraxx)in stores, and all of them except Thornraxx and Breez are on the CAD S@H.~ELM~
So that includes Breez? I haven't seen her here in the US, and we usually get sets first.

jimistringer.png

Why are orange and black such a good color Combination ? Purple is pretty, and so is blue. Pink hurts your eyes, green is quite mellowing, black is very threatning, red is cool, orange is SO awesome, yellow's hard to read... But you can't see white at all! Oh, wait. I forgot brown.

Here's my thoughts: If a person tells the truth and says, " I always lie," Is he lying? Or is he telling the truth? And what has a mouth, but no head, and a body, but no torso? Do caterpillars like to tend to supporting colum of stone's every need? Or is that name misleading by nature? Speaking of nature, why are the children of animals called offspring? don't many young beasts come alive in spring, and thus, should be called onspring? Heeeeeeyy..... I got the first post on a page for the first time. Who knows; it may happen again. What the... It did happen again... and again...

YEAH! I'M ENCOUNTERING PROTODERMIS!