Turaga Question

Heh... another question by who would have guessed? Your's truly...

Anyways, I was wondering why some Toa aren't Turaga. The Toa Nuva awakened the MU, so why didn't they become Turaga? The Mahri revived the MU, so why didn;t they transform?

Is it possible that Toa who were never Matoran can't become Turaga? Or that the Nuva state prevents that from happening?

That still leaves the Mahri. It is even said they were created solely bc the Nuva were defeated, the red star activated a failsafe. So yeah, any ideas?

Knock Knock

Who's there

Hoff

Hoff who

Yes

I remember a Greg quote from somewhere (someone else will have to look it up) that said the Nuva can become Turaga, even if they were never Matoran and they are now Toa Nuva. They simply don't because they don't want to yet. They've still got a destiny to help integrate the Agori and Matoran together, so maybe after that. Just because a Toa can or usually would become a Turaga when their primary destiny has been fulfilled, doesn't mean they have to. It's activated by the Toa's decision to use their Toa energy somewhere, not by the fulfilling of their destiny.

Simple answer: Toa Power. The Nuva and Mahri haven't given up their Toa Power yet, so they haven't yet turned into Turaga.Fun fact: Kopaka was actually seen pondering giving up his Toa Power in one of the post-Reformation serials, but decided against it.

BZPRPG TIME, where you could have one post talk about dinner, and the next about lunch.

Time is beyond relative here.

There's no reason not to put lasers in the palms of planet-sized robots. In fact, if I had my own planet-sized robot, palm lasers would be one of my first upgrades.

BZPRPG Profiles [outdated]

May or may not be back from a multi-year hiatus. We'll see how this works out...

It is really a choice to give up your Toa power. The toa metru did it for the greater good. The Nuva still have a destiney, and the Mahri may just not want to be turaga just yet. I can't remember where it is I read this, but there are about only 60 Toa on Spherus Magna. So some Toa are enjoying it while they can.

LONG

LIVE

BIONICLE

:huna: :matatu: :mahiki: :rau: :komau: :ruru:

I believe helping everyone reorganize after the reformation of SM is still a part of the destinies of all currently living Toa, especially the Toa Nuva, as most of us have said. But let's not forget that there are no longer as many Toa as there once were. Perhaps the older teams will "retire" once more Toa come into being. The most likely scenario, in my mind, is that once everyone has settled on SM, the Nuva would then create more than one Toa Stone each (six maximum, yes?) and then join the other Turaga in guiding the Matoran as elders while teams such as the Mahri train the new Toa.

Hero Factory RPG 2.0 PCs:
| Erik Jet | Daren Wolfe | Henry Flint | Helen Corona | Ethan RezDr. Xaal |

Wasteland RPG PCs:
|
Mina |

3. Would it be possible for the Toa Nuva to become Turaga since they were never Matoran?3) Yes, it would - any Toa can become a Turaga

2.Now that the Toa Mahri have fulfilled their destiny, why haven’t they become Turaga? 2) Because it’s about more than just fulfilling your destiny -- you also have to choose to give up your Toa power. So answer me this -- does the universe need five Toa more now, or five Turaga?

Everyone else already covered it - they haven't decided to give up their power. That said, It raises another question of "if a Toa Nuva gives up their Toa Power after fulfilling their destiny, would they become some kind of Turaga Nuva?". I would imagine they'd retain being stronger than their 'normal' counterparts even into turagahood.

As for the Mahri...considering their initial transformation into Toa was haphazard and sprung on them, I doubt they'd want to turn into 'old men' any time soon. I wonder if they'd be 'aquatic' Turaga...hm. more questions than answers.

Current (still-living) BZRPG Characters:
LITOZEN (Toa of Sonics) SANCHII (Toa of Air)
THENTYLE (Toa of Earth) MALKAN (Ta-Matoran)

CELITE (Turaga of Lightning)

I believe helping everyone reorganize after the reformation of SM is still a part of the destinies of all currently living Toa, especially the Toa Nuva, as most of us have said. But let's not forget that there are no longer as many Toa as there once were. Perhaps the older teams will "retire" once more Toa come into being. The most likely scenario, in my mind, is that once everyone has settled on SM, the Nuva would then create more than one Toa Stone each (six maximum, yes?) and then join the other Turaga in guiding the Matoran as elders while teams such as the Mahri train the new Toa.

That would be true if they were normal Toa. Because they are Nuva, maybe they have more Toa energy. Maybe the Toa they would make would be Nuva as well.

I used to have a banner here.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

That would be true if they were normal Toa. Because they are Nuva, maybe they have more Toa energy. Maybe the Toa they would make would be Nuva as well.

As far as I know, it's never before been stated that the Toa Nuva possess more Toa Power than any other Toa, so I doubt they could create more than the maximum of six. *waits for bonesiii to ninja in* However, I'm fairly certain that Toa Stones created by the Nuva would not turn the Stones' bearers into Nuva. Plus, since Tahu is not exactly a Nuva anymore, I'm doubly certain that any Matoran in possession of a Toa Stone imbued with his powers would not turn into a Toa Nuva themselves. It was the destiny of the Toa Mata to become the Nuva, so unless their "successors" are also destined to become Nuva (or something similar), I doubt the Nuva's unique energies/powers would do anything more than transform them into basic Toa.

I do believe that becoming a turaga is optional, the metru gave up their power to awaken the matoran. It's just that the nuva and mahri haven't given up their power yet. Maybe they don't want to?

Considering how disorganized things currently are on SM, it wouldn't be wise for them to do so.

Hero Factory RPG 2.0 PCs:
| Erik Jet | Daren Wolfe | Henry Flint | Helen Corona | Ethan RezDr. Xaal |

Wasteland RPG PCs:
|
Mina |

Everyone else already covered it - they haven't decided to give up their power. That said, It raises another question of "if a Toa Nuva gives up their Toa Power after fulfilling their destiny, would they become some kind of Turaga Nuva?". I would imagine they'd retain being stronger than their 'normal' counterparts even into turagahood.

Yep.

2. The Toa Nuva can not become Turaga, correct? Yet they still have access to their Toa Power, right? What would happen if one or all of them used up all of their TP and then they fulfilled their destiny? 2) The Toa Nuva cannot become Turaga until they fulfill their destiny and choose to give up their Toa power. If one were to give up all his Toa power and then fulfilled his destiny, he would become a Turaga Nuva. But normally it works the other way around, because you aren’t using raw Toa power that often, you are using elemental power most of the time.

• 3 weeks later...

My guess is the turaga thing dosent work on sphernus magna unless it is volentarilly done.

Why do you think that? There is no evidence for that, and you have to keep in mind that the MU inhabitants have only been on Spherus Magna for a couple of days at most. They're rebuilding society, and they need strong Toa to work, not weak Turaga to lead.

I used to have a banner here.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?