The Archive

Mr. House

What do you use the Archives for? I use them to review past RPGs and RPG characters, and to remember their names.

Though recently, its been giving me some trouble. :(

I occasionally return to BZP for a nostalgic trip back. Hit me up on discord if you need anything. 

BZPRPG Characters that I will possibly revive, Mons-Shajs-Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Jorruk Yokin-Senavysh Angavur

Searching for GregF posts, and -- prior to fishers64 posting her complete archive -- PM quotes.

Incidentally, you can still search many things in the archives by using google, and opening cache versions of the pages (hover mouse over the little arrow to the right of each search result; if a cache version is available it'll say so in the popup there). Include "site:Bzpower.com" in your search along with the search terms. Dunno how effective that would be for other uses besides searching for quotes, but FTR.

Edited by bonesiii

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

Greg posts, Greg answers of any kind, my old posts, bones' old posts and stories. And that's just the most common uses...I probably spent too much time poking around in there for my own amusement, reading old stories, old comedies, and old theories.

And the cache thing, since bones brought it up, is problematic. Frankly, you can only get the first page of whatever you're searching for via that method as far as I know, and some things plain flat aren't cached. Beats nothing, but it's not an excuse for staff not to fix the thing (Dead horse smashed into oblivion, I know).

Although "site: www.bzpower.com/forum" might work slightly better when doing a search - that will just give you archive results, eliminating results from the new forum.

Edited by fishers64

Even when it was up I never used it for much of anything - I couldn't even log in if I wanted to search for something. Fixing it is certainly something that's on the to-do list over in the Tracker, but it's hardly a critical problem.

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

I used it all the time before it disappeared due to that hacker. I use it for reference in my BIONICLE fanfictions, to learn stuff that Greg has said, story theories, old BNG stuff, references for BNG movie scripts and so on. It is so helpful and I cannot see my everyday life without. Not that I am geek that sits around the computer all the time and read the stuff there, but almost :P I'm still immature as well, ZHX!

Just a geeky guy trying to learn the craft of writing stories.

Ah. Hope they'll get fixed soon, then. I made some things in the old forums that I'd like to bring back here.

Did you try the google cache option to find them? (See my earlier post.) Figured I might as well ask, in case that would help. :)

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

I used the Archive to use kits of Chimoru or any other kit. But I only managed to load a few kits and I found some of them completely useless. After a few weeks later I decided to go load some more kits and I found them offline. :(

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm too scared to go back there. Except those times when old BZP friends of mine and I are on a group Skype call and we laugh our butts off and how noobish we all were back then.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

• 2 weeks later...