BZPRPG News and Discussion

Nuju Metru

Quick question about what we're allowed to do with Matatus: I'm presuming that we aren't allowed to move other PCs about, seeing as I presume that that counts as bunnying, but are we allowed to use them to fly, compress atoms, etc. ? I'm just asking because I've been moving my Ko-Toa about by making him throw himself using his Matatu, and I want to know if I need to rewrite my posts.

VBWj75sh.png

Its already canon that a Matatu user is unable to use the mask on themself.

I'm also not sure how you would even compress atoms. I mean, the only people on the island who would know about them got their scientific knowledge through means of the plot and so far none of them are sharing.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

Kind of painful, too, if you misjudge and end up throwing yourself onto something pointy, or off something high. 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Well, I guess you could manipulate the air particles to create areas of high and low pressure to boost you... But again, I'm straying out of fantasy BZPRPG canon and into sci-fi Bionicle canon. Whoops.

Its already canon that a Matatu user is unable to use the mask on themself.

Really? I just looked on BS01, and it said: 

The Kanohi Matatu is the Mask of Telekinesis. It allows its user to move targets within their range of view by utilizing the power of thought and lets them projectPsionic force. This Psionics power grants the user the ability to perform other such feats like generating telekinetic force. The only difference between the Great and Noble versions is the power's duration and the mental strength afforded by the mask.

In the Matatu's article, it says nothing about the user not being able to use it on themself, so until one of the staff members says so, I'll carry on using it as I have been... Unless you are one?  :D

Doubt you'd be able to compress atoms, but throwing yourself around sounds like a pretty energy-intensive thing to do.

Well, in LoMN, Nuju uses his Matatu to lift Vakama onto the Great Barrier, and I don't seem to remember Nuju being too tired afterwards.

Edited by Makuta Miras

VBWj75sh.png

You cannot lift yourself using a Matatu. To use the oft repeated analogy, a Matatu is just using your arms to lift things without actually using your arms. Can you use your arms to pick yourself up? Of course not. Thus, you can't use a Matatu to pick yourself up.

Though if you can defy physics and pick yourself up, and you can provide video evidence on the matter, I'll consider reevaluating my position. :P

Additionally, you cannot manipulate things on the molecular level. A Matatu isn't precise enough, nor do PCs have enough knowledge to know molecules are even a thing. This extends to all powers. Certain elements, like Magnetism, require a certain degree of scientific knowledge to use, but even then, PCs do not know why what they're doing works. It just does.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

Okay, thanks! Another question: Do PC Toa have unlimited elemental energy? And also can six Toa form a Toa Seal like in Bionicle canon?

No and no. PCs run out of elemental energy quite commonly, as overuse of their element uses it up very quickly. Basically, they tire. When they've rested (like you would rest when you were tired), their elemental energy returns. 

And Toa Seals went the way of Nova Blasts quite some time ago. 

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

So yeah, the Toa are kind of underpowered. I'm finding that it's just way more fun going Vortixx, Lesterin or Skakdi and making up tech items - provided that they're approved by staff, of course. 

Edited by NatoGreavesy

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

So yeah, the Toa are kind of underpowered.

I don't want to sound argumentative, but I wouldn't go that far. No matter how many restrictions you give to beings capable of creating, controlling, and absorbing portions of the physical universe, there's still a massively powerful innate ability. If we didn't have rules against autohitting and opponent-control, most fights would begin and end with a Toa generating their element inside someone's cranium. 

• Upvote 2

pNNgXax.jpg

Do you guys treat guards like cops or military folks.

Neither. It's not today's society, so the rules don't quite apply. I imagine them as guards, a solid mixture of the two, of the type that existed in a pre-industrial society. I think as a whole we have a tendency of modernizing the feel of this game.

I really have to agree with you, Visaru.  If the hope of the game is to capture the robo-tribal feel of primal mixed with ancient technology I see a lot of the things going on at the moment a bit like a scientific revolution for the islanders and that guards are absolutely a mix of police, military, and just civilians with pointy sticks hoping to keep laws in order.

EDIT: CLARIFYING KO-KORO/WAHI

Hey all, I just wanted to make sure I got the details straight in my head...

• Gate is blown wide open, and the few remaining combatants outside the gates are pushing forward into the city.  The Sanctum Guard is falling back, trying to hold the perimeter.
  • Nightfall has entered the main hall of the Citadel.  Defenders have fallen or retreated.  NPCs are getting hewed to pieces.
  • Pae, Nika, and Jin are talking to Korzaa in her office (the Citadel).
  • At the hospital a good two miles or more away, patients are being evacuated and Krayzikk and Kellin are engaging some hostiles.  (Side note, I had no idea about the connecting tunnel beneath the city to the floor of the welcome room in the hospital's central core.  Always cool to see world-building in action.)

Anything else?

Edited by Kughii

Oh, I'm not that worried. I was just kind of hoping I could get Verulas to make a KFC joke while fighting a Valkyr (something along the lines of, "The Colonel called. He wants his wings back.).

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

Wait, theres a tunnel???

Being the OOC architect of the place I myself had a similar reaction.  :P  However, I don't see why there wouldn't be.  Ko-Koro is a place of secrecy after all.  Although... It does press the issue of having the basement below... is there a gap in the floors between the ground and the basement?  Hm...

Wait... they're still going ahead with the hospital evacuation, even though I totally lied about the Rahkshi? I assume that if everyone bugs out, Mortem and Dayeth are just going to be left behind to freeze to death? 

Wait... they're still going ahead with the hospital evacuation, even though I totally lied about the Rahkshi? I assume that if everyone bugs out, Mortem and Dayeth are just going to be left behind to freeze to death? 

Evacuation has more to do with the fact that, even from a distance, the gate getting blown to pieces is pretty obvious. It's quite clear, to them, that there's a good chance that Ko-Koro is going to lose this fight. If they do, the hospital is in deep trouble.

So it's better to evacuate.

If they do evacuate, then Mortem and Dayeth will either be left behind, or bound and brought along. At least, those are the two most likely events.

Wait, theres a tunnel???

Being the OOC architect of the place I myself had a similar reaction.   :P  However, I don't see why there wouldn't be.  Ko-Koro is a place of secrecy after all.  Although... It does press the issue of having the basement below... is there a gap in the floors between the ground and the basement?  Hm...

From what I read on it, it really seemed like it was supposed to be secret. Visaru and I talked, and we were going to roll with it for now. 

fK5oqYf.jpg

Thanks for that, but I wasn't asking what was in the village, but whom. As in, PCs I could send mine to interact with.

Apologies, I must have misread.

So yeah, the Toa are kind of underpowered.

I don't want to sound argumentative, but I wouldn't go that far. No matter how many restrictions you give to beings capable of creating, controlling, and absorbing portions of the physical universe, there's still a massively powerful innate ability. If we didn't have rules against autohitting and opponent-control, most fights would begin and end with a Toa generating their element inside someone's cranium.  

Darkon's quite right. Even after having stripped away quite a few of Toa's canon powers, we still have to rely heavily on OOC rules plus players' common sense and courteousness to make sure elemental powers don't get abused. Don't underestimate the power of the Force elements. :P

Edited by Twelfth Ghosthands
  • Upvote 3

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

If the tunnel between Ko-koro and the hospital/academy is supposed to be a secret, then why is it mentioned in the first post of Ko-Wahi? I assumed that it was a commonly used path, had no idea it's supposed to be a secret.

Although it does make sence that Dahkapa, my Ice Toa character who has lived in Ko for years and who has friends in the Sanctum Guard, knows about the tunnel. Headcanon problem fixed.

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

If we're talking about the sewer tunnels that Verulas used to arrive at the hospital, then have fun with that (if Mortem and Dayeth do escape, that is). It's filled with Ko-Koro Guards and specially bred rats the size of large dogs who will attempt to eat you. And I kind of just assumed that it connected to the hospital via trash chutes or something, with the manhole shaft just being there for maintenance access. If we're not, then my ramblings can be ignored.

Edited by timageness411

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

If the tunnel between Ko-koro and the hospital/academy is supposed to be a secret, then why is it mentioned in the first post of Ko-Wahi? I assumed that it was a commonly used path, had no idea it's supposed to be a secret.

Although it does make sence that Dahkapa, my Ice Toa character who has lived in Ko for years and who has friends in the Sanctum Guard, knows about the tunnel. Headcanon problem fixed.

Okay, let me be clear about the tunnel mentioned in the opening post: that is a tunnel from the courtyard to the city interior.  It runs through the mountain and glacier and comes out at a metal gate in one of the city walls.  That gate is guarded.  The side of the tunnel in the hospital's courtyard is obscured, made to seem like part of the mountainside.  And yes, there is a guard inside with a stretcher.  It was designed as a quick way for getting wounded or sick from the inner-koro to the hospital, rather than leaving by the main gate, cutting across the snow fields, passing though a small valley, and then ascending up a sharp hill to the Academy/hospital location.

The tunnel/sewer system that is newly created I have no real concept of, other than it somehow connects the two locations.

• Upvote 1

Well, Dayeth can't escape, since she was poisoned by Verulas' daggers. If I recall, you said she'd be out for a few hours. 

Well, Mortem never got cut with it (despite Verulas' suggestion to do so), so if he woke up and escaped, he could always take Dayeth with him.

Edited by timageness411

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

Zaktan and Hakann were throwing Rahkshi at the Toa. Also, i think Vezok is down there somewhere too. 

Is controlling the right verb? He's been very nearly killed by acid, shot in the leg, and attacked with the earthen debris from an explosively generated fountain, and neither he nor his Rahkshi have been able to land a single hit on the Maru and their companions. Hardly Vezok-level tactics~

Edited by L'Etranger
  • Upvote 2

pNNgXax.jpg

EDIT: CLARIFYING KO-KORO/WAHI

Hey all, I just wanted to make sure I got the details straight in my head...

• Gate is blown wide open, and the few remaining combatants outside the gates are pushing forward into the city. The Sanctum Guard is falling back, trying to hold the perimeter.
  • Nightfall has entered the main hall of the Citadel. Defenders have fallen or retreated. NPCs are getting hewed to pieces.
  • Pae, Nika, and Jin are talking to Korzaa in her office (the Citadel).
  • At the hospital a good two miles or more away, patients are being evacuated and Krayzikk and Kellin are engaging some hostiles. (Side note, I had no idea about the connecting tunnel beneath the city to the floor of the welcome room in the hospital's central core. Always cool to see world-building in action.)
Anything else?

Only Jin is speaking to Korzaa in the sanctum hallways. Nika is stationed across the street of the sanctum with his lightstone rifle while Pae has only now made his way up the strairs - working to stall the attackers.

samusbzpsig2.png.4c2dcd02e48c2219fb375b936c4a17ee.png
| BZPRPG Profiles |

Is controlling the right verb? He's been very nearly killed by acid, shot in the leg, and attacked with the earthen debris from an explosively generated fountain, and neither he nor his Rahkshi have been able to land a single hit on the Maru and their companions. Hardly Vezok-level tactics~

his pain only makes him stronger

i believe in u darkon

• Upvote 4

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -