BZPRPG News and Discussion

Nuju Metru

Okay, good point. 

Note to self: stay out of hospital basement. 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Okay, I went back and read the original post, and am now silently kicking myself for not seeing that sooner. Corpses being in the lab makes perfect sense as she could have been in the middle of some autopsies before the attack, and I have no idea why I immediately jumped to the mutant Rahi conlusion (probably due to all the sci-fi and horror I watch). Thanks for clearing that up, guys!

P.S. Btw, I liked the earlier Grey's Anatomy joke so much, I referenced it in the post where Verulas fell down the elevator shaft (and it was completely PG).

Edited by timageness411

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

Okay, I went back and read the original post, and am now silently kicking myself for not seeing that sooner. Corpses being in the lab makes perfect sense as she could have been in the middle of some autopsies before the attack, and I have no idea why I immediately jumped to the mutant Rahi conlusion (probably due to all the sci-fi and horror I watch). Thanks for clearing that up, guys!

P.S. Btw, I liked the earlier Grey's Anatomy joke so much, I referenced it in the post where Verulas fell down the elevator shaft (and it was completely PG).

As funny as I'm sure that is (I haven't seen Grey's Anatomy), the hospital isn't a modern-day hospital. As far as I'm aware, it possesses neither defibrillators nor elevators ;)

(As usual, Ko people, please correct me if I'm wrong.)

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

Honestly, I kind of thought that the technological advancement on the island would have covered those two. Oh well.

As for Grey's Anatomy, well... back in the day where I didn't have cable and my tv only had one channel, I saw the first season or two. In my opinion, you really aren't missing out Ghosthands. Only abot ten percent of it is actually medical while the other ninety is about the interns/doctors stressing out over their relationships with each other.

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

That's exactly why you would have them though; you can't just always expect a Toa of Lightning to be around when you need to stop someone's heart so it can start beating normally again. I don't think that the doctors would let a patient die because all of the Vo-Toa accidentally used their vacation/sick days at the same time.

I also imagined that using said Toa would've been a tad bit riskier due to the fact that they would have to generate a very precise amount of their power to cause defibrillation, where as if they just hit someone with a lightning bolt they would end up killing the person they were trying to save.

Edited by timageness411

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

The Outsiders are beginning to post in Ta-Koro.

Our mighty and fearless leader Requiem will put up an introductory post here explaining about our organisation in the next day or two. 

Stay tuned...

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

That's exactly why you would have them though; you can't just always expect a Toa of Lightning to be around when you need to stop someone's heart so it can start beating normally again. I don't think that the doctors would let a patient die because all of the Vo-Toa accidentally used their vacation/sick days at the same time.

I also imagined that using said Toa would've been a tad bit riskier due to the fact that they would have to generate a very precise amount of their power to cause defibrillation, where as if they just hit someone with a lightning bolt they would end up killing the person they were trying to save.

Well, that would be their job (also, a Turaga could do it). It would be someone else's job to place a Vo-Toa/Turaga on EMS teams, and schedule them.

The times, they are a-changing...

Yeah, but people can make mistakes no matter what their job is. And we don't have an exact number of the people working there with that specific power set either. It never hurts to have a backup plan, just in case.

I did drop the ball on the Turaga thing though, so thanks for adding that in.

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

Defibrillators would require either some sort of mobile power source or a way to be plugged into a local power grid. I'm not sure Ko has either one.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

Honestly, I kind of thought that the technological advancement on the island would have covered those two. 

We are most definitely not that advanced. We have a few highly advanced pieces of technology, sure- solar powered trains, a chute messaging system, lightbulbs across Ta-Koro- but 90% of everything around is still very tribal. The very idea of a hospital and a morgue instead of a healer is in of itself a novel and unfamiliar idea to this island. Electricity is a novelty, and still very power consuming and potentially dangerous. Neither plastic, most building materials more advanced than wood, mud, or stone, nor large corporations exist. Just a reminder. :)

--------------   Tarrok | Korzaa | Verak | Kirik   --------------

From the first post of the Ta-Wahi topic:

A geothermal energy plant powers the entire village. Pumps located underneath the city are constantly absorbing lava and hot fumes from below, funneling them into a power plant’s generator. Electricity, new streetlights... are all fueled by the power plant.  

Not every home in Mata-Nui now has interior lighting, but there are some rudimentary streetlamps in Ta-Koro. 

--------------   Tarrok | Korzaa | Verak | Kirik   --------------

Electricity, new streetlights, and intra-Koro transportation – a steady monorail wrapping around the outer ring, recently repaired to working order after a sabotage attempt – are all fuelled by the power plant.

Yep; Ta-Koro has streetlights, and as I've referenced a few times, limited interior lighting. A few other things could probably get fueled, too, but right now it's mostly lights and monorail.

EDIT: Visaru I'm going to end you.

:)

Edited by Ninth Krayzikk
  • Upvote 1

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

Okay. I must have missed some things for Ko then. I can swap the defibrillator out for something else, but the elevator thing is going to make me go back and fix three posts. Sometimes I really hate having OCD...

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

Why lightbulbs?  Don't lightstones work just as well, if not better?

It is not for us to decide the fate of angels.

Dominus Temporis, if you're out there, hit me up through one of my contacts.  I've been hoping to get back in touch for a long time now.  (Don't worry, I'm not gonna beg you to bring back MLWTB or something.  :P )

And... finished. Replaced the defibrillator and elevator with an immature Matoran who Verulus rendered unconcious, robbed, and stuffed in a closet after said Matoran pushed him down the stairs leading to the basement. Good times.

Edited by timageness411

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

So, random thing.  I was looking through some old Expanded Multiverse stuff and I couldn't help thinking, "Hey, these guys look kinda cool."  Would any of the species in that link be usable for characters in the RPG?  Like, say, the Levoctus?

It is not for us to decide the fate of angels.

Dominus Temporis, if you're out there, hit me up through one of my contacts.  I've been hoping to get back in touch for a long time now.  (Don't worry, I'm not gonna beg you to bring back MLWTB or something.  :P )

So, random thing.  I was looking through some old Expanded Multiverse stuff and I couldn't help thinking, "Hey, these guys look kinda cool."  Would any of the species in that link be usable for characters in the RPG?  Like, say, the Levoctus?

Currently, they would not. The Expanded Multiverse was a concept over in the Libraries, and while it had some cool stuff, to my knowledge none of it has ever been approved for use in the BZPRPG.

That said, if there was something specific there that you would like to use, you can request its approval. It would need to exist separately from the EM lore, however, for the sake of keeping up the BZPRPG's policy on alternate and parallel universes.

EDIT: Almost forgot. On the subject of lights... We used to have candles, in the real world. They worked just fine for providing illumination, before we started installing electric lights. Why did we switch over? Progress, convenience, et cetera.

Ta-Koro has started for much the same reason. :P

Edited by Ninth Krayzikk
  • Upvote 1

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

I think some Toa powers are more convenient than lightstones. Plasma and fire, for example, could be used to create steady light sources that can be snuffed out much faster than electric lights or hiding a lightstone. The Toa just has to will the light to go out, and it does. 

I think some Toa powers are more convenient than lightstones. Plasma and fire, for example, could be used to create steady light sources that can be snuffed out much faster than electric lights or hiding a lightstone. The Toa just has to will the light to go out, and it does. 

Sounds great for something mobile, but not so great for an entire city. Like you said, a Toa of Fire could just snuff out the light, and could blackout the ENTIRE city.

Plus, you'd have to have a bunch of Toa around to do it every night, which I don't think many would like doing.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

Ah, true. I was mostly thinking for individual use, not city-wide. Good point. 

Stallion, Doe!

Are you a rock-solid fan of Stannis Maru?

Does he tickle your fancy?

Do you want a legendary RPing experience?

You want to be granite a chance to have one?

Are you pleading for me to get to the point and stop doing this to you?

Fine by me!

Stannis Maru doesn't require a lot of explanation, because he's pretty straightforward - Toa Maru of Stone, wears that funny mask that put Makuta on ice, rocks a jawline like few others on Mata Nui (last one, I promise) but the thing is Stannis has been in need of a whole lotta lovin' for a while now. Hasn't done much this arc besides tag around behind the Maru, and without their favorite door-to-door preacher there's a noticeable holy-hole within the Toa Maru. Due to EW's long-standing real life commitments and some issues of his, he and the staff have agreed that things have gotten to the point where Stallion Stan needs a new, long-standing RPer to steer him right. This is where you come in, good folk of the BZPRPG/Tyler Durden fan club! That's right!

You

Can

Play

Stannis!

However you want, whatever character direction or development you think would be best for him, free membership to the Maru clubhouse and the keypad code to Franco's minifridge...they're all yours to claim! Just submit anywhere from two to five paragraphs of your interpretation of Stannis Maru to me, and only me (Parks and Rekt/Tyler) by October 20th and (if you want) a couple reasons you think you're the one who's right for our dearly beloved Stallion. Your writing should speak for itself, but if you want to include a couple sales pitches, hey! I'm a salesman! I'd be all ears. If we think your character fits decently within the mold of the old Stannis while offering something new and original about him, we'll throw you into the Maru Skype chat and give you a test RP with the rest of the team. Several finalists will most likely be considered before we have a winner, so if you hear your friend say that he got to interact with the rest of the Maru, don't be discouraged! It's a trial run, and we plan on holding several with several people before we declare a winner!

For this contest, a couple reminders/stipulations:

No Maru/Piraka players are allowed entry. Akiri players are allowed to submit.

No sending in a rewritten version of Stannis' profile. If you want to after you win, that's your right; he'll be your character. But for now, don't focus on it. It won't e taken into account. Your writing/characterization will.

* In your entry post, do not include usage of Stannis' as the Maru leader or the Hiripaki. Whether they'll be included in the new character interpretation is gonna be discussed as a team (with you as a part of the discussion, if you win!) but for now we want to see how deep you can delve into who you think Stannis is - and as a Matoran, Stannis didn't have either of those cool perks. You don't have to go introspective, but you can't use the Legend or strongarm the other Maru into doing things!

Aaaand that's it this go around! This is Tyler, your local Pillsbury Doe Boy, giving you lots of love and another shot to get involved. Good luck...and enjoy yourselves!

-Tyler

Edited by Parks and Rekt
  • Upvote 11

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

Now is the perfect time for me to use this, methinks:
ff7.gif
EDIT- huh, that's supposed to be a gif. Lemme figure out what's wrong with it... Still a funny pic, nonetheless. (If anyone can fine a working version, that'd be great)

Honestly, this is a big surprise. 10/10 did not expect. I might enter- I'm not one to turn down entering a contest of some sort. Best of luck to all!

Edited by Toa Xemnas of Crystal

Well... that's an interesting development. You're giving away what is arguably the most OP mask in the game? 

I won't enter; I haven't been around long enough to get an understanding of Stannis' character (all I can think of when I read that name is GoT anyway), but I'm intrigued to see where this eventually leads...

However you want, whatever character direction or development you think would be best for him, free membership to the Maru clubhouse and the keypad code to Franco's minifridge...they're all yours to claim! Just submit anywhere from two to five paragraphs of your interpretation of Stannis Maru to me, and only me (Parks and Rekt/Tyler) by October 20th and (if you want) a couple reasons you think you're the one who's right for our dearly beloved Stallion. 

-Tyler

• Upvote 2

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

Well... that's an interesting development. You're giving away what is arguably the most OP mask in the game? 

I won't enter; I haven't been around long enough to get an understanding of Stannis' character (all I can think of when I read that name is GoT anyway), but I'm intrigued to see where this eventually leads...

The sediment behind this is really more having a complete crew of Maru than really about the Maru's magic powers of doom, really.

• Upvote 2

Well, if you'd read the stipulations, you'd see that Stannis' powers are largely up for discussion depending on the shift in RPer.

-Tyler

• Upvote 1

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME