BZPRPG News and Discussion

Nuju Metru

The thing about the spotlight is that it doesn't exist, not in the normal sense.  We're one big group of intelligent, creative writers here, so really any sort of "spotlight" is nothing more than "hey this post is neat".  The "spotlight" doesn't stick to one particular writer or writers, it follows the posts, so don't worry about there not being room for your posts.

As for character reputations, really the easiest way to go about that is to just do stuff.  Interact with other people's characters, get involved in plots, make your own plots.  Really, it boils down to just playing the character.

• Upvote 4

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

I feel the need to point out that I watched this thing for roughly four years before my first post in it.

And you know what?

That post still makes me wince whenever I think about it. It has taken me a good two years of writing to get where I am now.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

When Otter talked me into actually joining this, I just kinda accepted that I had and have no real clue what I'm doing (hence choosing a character with a profession I'm familiar with: I need all the help I can get XD ), so I just do my best and see what happens. I suppose I'll get better at the game as I go, but there isn't a need to stress about it.

• Upvote 1

~~-BS01 Histories-~~
by Zox Tomana, B.A. - Blog

And now I'm rereading the old Kini-Nui topic.  Man, I'm never gonna get to make that kind of epic, story-driven, emotionally charged posts, am I?  T_T

I've been seeing this a lot recently from some of the newer members.

Just want to say that the first time ANYBODY wrote something - whether that's me, Tuck, Tyler, or Kugh's, or literally any famous writer out there like J.K. Rowling or whoever - their first drafts and ideas were horrid. Guarantee it.

You're gonna make those posts eventually - you just gotta write, write, write, and write some more. Try new things with your writing! Get some fundamentals down! But most importantly, practice.

what are you talkin about i was always teezus--

okayyy fine you right you right. angel and tuara nbzp tho

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

You can't always have lobster for dinner.

You'll end up hating it. Better to get by with simple meat and potatoes, and treat yourself to lobster every so often, so it doesn't become a chore.

RIP NBZP gone too soon doe

Edited by Uncle Chael P. Sonnen
  • Upvote 2

helo frens

You can't always have lobster for dinner.

You'll end up hating it. Better to get by with simple meat and potatoes, and treat yourself to lobster every so often, so it doesn't become a chore.

RIP NBZP gone too soon doe

;___;7

Literally some of the greatest memories of my RPing days in only four short months

-Tyler

• Upvote 1

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

Eh, in this case, I'm less worried about my writing and more worried about there being space in the spotlight- that, and the time it'll take to build up a reputation for my characters, whose status essentially amounts to "some guy nobody actually knows or cares about".

I don't want to brag or anything, but my writing is one of the few things I'm not too worried about.  At the very least, I think I'm leagues ahead of where I was the last time I was writing stuff on BZP, thanks in part to several years of creative writing classes.   :P

More on topic, though- Tuck, your puns.  Why.

Because I'm a punny kind of guy :P

I mean my initials are j/k.

And I'm not joshing you.

Yes, my life is a running gag.

*sits back and watches as several heads promptly explode*

• Upvote 3

Living large... like clown-shoe size large. Complete with nose, rainbow-colored hair, and a bottle of seltzer water.

tumblr_lrgowllgeP1qzda76o1_500.jpg

Yeah, I'm just gonna go step into this black hole over here and never come out.

surprisingly good internet reception in here tho

It is not for us to decide the fate of angels.

Dominus Temporis, if you're out there, hit me up through one of my contacts.  I've been hoping to get back in touch for a long time now.  (Don't worry, I'm not gonna beg you to bring back MLWTB or something.  :P )

Oh yeah, I remember that game. I only had one character, but it was still fun RPing as him. He defeated a Tarakava! I wonder how things would've turned out had the forums not gone into the Great Downtime...

I loved that version of the game the most.

It was the time of magic, legends, evil cults, Makuta temples, and time-bending body-possessing beings that were accepted by the rest of the players. :3

• Upvote 1

Oh yeah, I remember that game. I only had one character, but it was still fun RPing as him. He defeated a Tarakava! I wonder how things would've turned out had the forums not gone into the Great Downtime...

I loved that version of the game the most.

It was the time of magic, legends, evil cults, Makuta temples, and time-bending body-possessing beings that were accepted by the rest of the players. :3

One of these things is not like the others.

One of these things didn't belong then either. There is, Tapio, a difference between being "accepted", and being noticed. Even when they showed up in this version of the game, half the things they got up to were only really permitted because they went under the radar. Even the NBZP wasn't like the original. The Original was one of the only places that'd ever have flied. :P

• Upvote 1

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

I didn't know that at the time though, I honestly played believing I had everyone's acceptance. No one ever complained about it until long after I finished with the plot. Which made the playing so much fuuuunnn.

All that aside, I still think the NBZP had a certain charm to it. Not that I don't enjoy the current arc, it's simply different.

• Upvote 1

Having never played the NBZP, I have no idea what anyone is talking about.

Someone want to give me and the rest of the noobs a quick rundown so we know what we missed out on?

• Upvote 1

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Back in the day, after the Aensetr Derrum arc ended in 2010, the staff decided to totally reboot the continuity of the BZPRPG for the first time and bring things back to the 2001 atmosphere - hence, the NBZP (New BZPRPG) was born. It's where a lot of people here, while they played or watched people play for a longer period of time, really came to prominence, and a lot of characters you see today are based off of original NBZP incarnations. It was also, arguably, shaping up to be even darker than the game we have now - Joske Nimil was a homicidal mage who practiced black magic, the Toa Daedra were a much more prevalent force, there were mind-slaves in skintight BDSM suits...

Fun times.

There was a downtime before the plot really got started, though, and it ended up taking BZP out for six months. When it returned, the staff decided the game's elements needed to be changed to make the setting feel more like Mata Nui, and after another reboot the current incarnation of the game was born.

-Tyler

Edited by Parks and Rekt
  • Upvote 3

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

Wow... I'm actually saddened at the realisation that I missed out on all of that.

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

It was also, arguably, shaping up to be even darker than the game we have now - Joske Nimil was a homicidal mage who practiced black magic, the Toa Daedra were a much more prevalent force, there were mind-slaves in skintight BDSM suits...

neat.gif

It appears I missed the BZPRPG incarnation best fitting my characters. A moment of silence for the horrors that never were. ;_;7

• Upvote 4

pNNgXax.jpg

So, in the profiles topic, it says that new species need to be approved by Nuju Metru.  Does that mean that I should PM him the character profile I want to make, or should I just edit it into my earlier profile post and link it in the topic, or something else?

It is not for us to decide the fate of angels.

Dominus Temporis, if you're out there, hit me up through one of my contacts.  I've been hoping to get back in touch for a long time now.  (Don't worry, I'm not gonna beg you to bring back MLWTB or something.  :P )

So, in the profiles topic, it says that new species need to be approved by Nuju Metru.  Does that mean that I should PM him the character profile I want to make, or should I just edit it into my earlier profile post and link it in the topic, or something else?

Well, if you're making a new species, it's less about a character profile and more of a species overview. Detail things like a physical description, any sort of powers, etc. You PM him with that info.

Back in the day, after the Aensetr Derrum arc ended in 2010, the staff decided to totally reboot the continuity of the BZPRPG for the first time and bring things back to the 2001 atmosphere - hence, the NBZP (New BZPRPG) was born. It's where a lot of people here, while they played or watched people play for a longer period of time, really came to prominence, and a lot of characters you see today are based off of original NBZP incarnations. It was also, arguably, shaping up to be even darker than the game we have now - Joske Nimil was a homicidal mage who practiced black magic, the Toa Daedra were a much more prevalent force, there were mind-slaves in skintight BDSM suits...

Fun times.

There was a downtime before the plot really got started, though, and it ended up taking BZP out for six months. When it returned, the staff decided the game's elements needed to be changed to make the setting feel more like Mata Nui, and after another reboot the current incarnation of the game was born.

-Tyler

Oh god.

I remember my firstpost with NBZP Utu. Po-Koro - he stepped out in front of Joske's caravan and demanded that he give him some answers about the Xa-Kuta mark on his arm.

• Upvote 1

samusbzpsig2.png.4c2dcd02e48c2219fb375b936c4a17ee.png
| BZPRPG Profiles |

Back back in the DAY

Or back when Dorian was a total waste of life who went to fight clubs in Ko-Koro on his weekends off and had nothing remotely special going for him.

-Tyler

Edited by Parks and Rekt

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

neat.gif

It appears I missed the BZPRPG incarnation best fitting my characters. A moment of silence for the horrors that never were. ;_;7

....fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

my head

it exploded

darkon

why

• Upvote 1

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

I bailed out of the NBZP after about a month. I regret not participating more in it. However, my memories of the Pre-2011 BZPRPG still hold a place in my heart. If I remember correctly, before the universe was rebooted I had an organization of Makuta with a Rahkshi Army, an Av-Toa, a Makuta-transformed-into-a-Toa, and a near-invulnerable Agent of Chaos transformed into a cyborg, I was a noob, but it was fun. In that ignorant bliss, I learned what not to write. I also got to see the old masters in action, reading the glorious end of the '06-'08 season, and trying to attack a Santun.

As for the NBZP, my only fond memory of my short time playing it was my 4th-Wall breaking Skakdi. (I think that was my character in it) 

I occasionally return to BZP for a nostalgic trip back. Hit me up on discord if you need anything. 

BZPRPG Characters that I will possibly revive, Mons-Shajs-Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Jorruk Yokin-Senavysh Angavur