BZPRPG News and Discussion

Nuju Metru

The island of Sado is almost entirely taken up by the huge structure conglomeration known as the Imperial Palace. Most would just refer to the Kentoku urban center as Sado, though, since the undeveloped part of the Imperial Palace's island is really just one short beach.

• Upvote 4

test2.png

What's all this about Kentoku and Dasaka? You guys were busy while I was gone.

It's been a while, anyone in need of a mercenary in Ko? I'm just waiting on a piece of foreign tech to be approved.

EDIT: Weapon is approved and the character is ready.

Edited by Toa Of Virtues

keetkiril.gifqSvBogp.jpgkeetkiril.gif

What's all this about Kentoku and Dasaka? You guys were busy while I was gone.

Read the first post of N&D, the first and second posts of Kentoku, and the first post of Profiles. In very short terms, however, it's an archipelago of highly specialized Ce-Toa resembling Edo-period Japan.

And welcome back. It has been a while.

Edited by Last Son Amakusa

(I feel like this should be a no-brainer, but in any case lets just assume I stupidly forgot. Or missed something. Sorry.

I've been wondering a lot about time, so(in possibly fewer words) does the RPG world have a certain "time set/zone/whatever"? Like is it different from ours, meaning 1 day=24 hours, 1 hour=60 minutes, or is the system different in any way?

I've been wondering a lot about time, so(in possibly fewer words) does the RPG world have a certain "time set/zone/whatever"? Like is it different from ours, meaning 1 day=24 hours, 1 hour=60 minutes, or is the system different in any way?

Insofar as I'm aware, time operates the same way in-universe as it does in the real world; since otherwise, it would just get too complicated for newer players (and probably some veterans too). Of course, this can vary depending on the writer -- I know Gravity depicts Mata Nui as having two suns -- but this is the general rule.

tyler bby

<33333333333333

[ BZPRPG ]

Man these Rahkshi fights are taxing Nuju wasn't lying a few years back

I'm so exhausted that I think I just drank a gallon of some liquid I've never seen before and I am gracious for it

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

(I feel like this should be a no-brainer, but in any case lets just assume I stupidly forgot. Or missed something. Sorry.

Canonicnally, one Spherus Magnan day was divided into 36 hours, and this was carried over into the MU when it was constructed. There was only one sun, Solis Magna, but two moons.

This doesn't necessarily translate into the BZPRPG though. We tend to play a bit looser with canon, so some people use that and others make up their own stuff or use earth-time. There is no set standard.

Edited by The Lorax

ppg2.png

Insofar as I'm aware, time operates the same way in-universe as it does in the real world; since otherwise, it would just get too complicated for newer players (and probably some veterans too). Of course, this can vary depending on the writer -- I know Gravity depicts Mata Nui as having two suns -- but this is the general rule.

Binary star systems 4lyfe.

I second this sentiment.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

I think this question may have been misunderstood. If I understand correctly, you're asking how time IRL is converted to in-game time.

The simple answer is that it isn't.

You see, people assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, when actually, from a nonlinear non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a huge ball of wibbly -

Ok I'll stop. :P

Time in the BZPRPG passes as quickly or slowly as you need it to (within reason). One person may be writing a night-time scene while another writes a daytime one. If you don't want to write out a long and tedious set of actions, you can timeskip to when they're complete.

We call this fluid time system 'BZP-time'. People often joke about it.

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

It isn't only timeskipping. A large amount of time-bending comes into play when a group of interacting characters splits up, and one character goes away and RPs a week's worth of adventures all over the island, but maybe when they meet back up, it is still the same afternoon for another character. There doesn't seem to be much problem with this, or of there is, it is ignored. This is the essence of BZP-time.

ppg2.png

I'd just like to let you all know that I'm back from my month-long hiatus and will probably start getting back into the BZPRPG shortly.

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?