BZPRPG News and Discussion

Nuju Metru

I'm going to be out for two weeks starting tomorrow. I entrust characters in the following manner to be used at players' discretion:

* Tyler has Reidak

* Vezok's Friend has Sulov

* Ghosthands has Zmija

* KNI has Gavarm

* Emissary has Gyn

[Profiles]

Cropped.png.611b6f973fd434d0847c1fdaa53ac881.png

Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness. 

Alright, BZPRPG Related question. We all know that an iden user's spirit can travel incredibly fast but not instantaneously, so that brings up my question, how long would it take for an iden user to travel from ko-koro to like le-koro and back? I am thinking maybe like 2 minutes, a minute both way, or would it be more? Trying to figure this out for some rp that will likely be happening.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

I don't think it really matters, truth be told. Timeskipping eliminates the need for exact timeframes, and the user has to go back to their body before they can undertake action anyway. Either the body is close by, and the exact time is incredibly short, or it's further away and the travel time will take long enough that the difference of a minute or two won't mean much.

Plus, it's kinda impossible to pin it down, since we don't have any idea how fast the mask travels. Unnecessary hard numbers, y'see. :P

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

I think in the novel where (in Lego Canon) Matoro used his mask to rush after the Ignika he traveled a little faster than his own running speed. However, since this isn't TLG canon for the RPG I'm sure it's up to personal opinion. Making it super zippy sounds, at least to me, rather like God-modding for the ultimate spy character. XD

Canon-wise, I don't think that's correct. Here's a bit from BS01 on the mask:

The Kanohi Iden is the Mask of Spirit. It allows its user to temporarily release their spirit from their body. While released, their spirit can move at great speeds and inhabit other living, spiritless bodies or self-powered robots.

And a section from Power Play:

he says he flew through the mountains ... straight through the rock, like it wasn't there ... and he saw them ... but they couldn't see or hear him.

Matoro's spirit flew straight threw a bunch of mountains and back before the rest of his team could do much more than wonder why he had fallen down. I'm thinking that iden spirits can go kakma speed at least, since they have no body to slow them down.

Assuming that crossing a mountain range on Voya Nui roughly parallels a mountain range of Mata Nui, then the trip from Ko-Koro to Le-Koro and back should take well under a minute.

Which gets me thinking, that idens could be an even better way to relay messages across the island than kualsis. If there was a person in each village with an iden and they all released their spirits leaving their bodies free, any spirit who had a message could inhabit the free body in whichever village they needed to go, pass on the message and then leave again to go back to wherever they came from.

Which reminds me again: when Makuta was still around, there was something that blocked iden spirits from entering Mangaia and did nasty things to any who tried. Is this thing still working or did it die with Makuta?

ppg2.png

It would be a lot of difficulty to keep an able but spirit-less body in every village at all time to receive the messages, but the speed of travel would not be weather-dependent as with kualsis, which leaves the messengers in control of their bodies, but probably takes a little longer to go the length of the island (Le-Koro to Po-Koro).

On a clear day, a kualsi user could start in Le-Koro, teleport up to the top of the village tree, and from there look to the peak of the mangai volcano. An instant later, they're there. The next step would be Mount Ihu ("a place of far-seeing", "you can see the whole island from up here"). Before they could even get cold, the user could get their bearings, pick out a high landmark in Po-Wahi and muster their concentration for a third jump. The last jump would be from there to Po-Koro, which has that high point over the gates, which could easily be seen from miles around.

Allowing a generous five seconds to re-orient and reactivate the mask between each teleport, the trip could be made in under half a minute. But that's all dependent on visibility. If, say, there was a blizzard swirling around Mt Ihu or the Mangai's peak was shrouded in volcanic steam, the kualsi user would need to make a lot more jumps, each covering a shorter distance and/or taking them out of their way. Idens avoid that limitation, since they can fly through rock and cloud alike.

ppg2.png

I think a better solution to Lorax's suggestion would be to have two people - one with an Iden and the other with a Rode or a *gasp* an Elda. Then, one person could be the "sender", and another could be a "receiver". It would make sure there wouldn't have to be open bodies at all times.

Plus, we find a use for the most useless mask ever! the elda sucks

I used to have a banner here.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?