Takanuva's Unusual Priorities

So I was going over Takanuva's Blog and I noticed something funny. He states that " Right then and there, I swore that no matter what even if it meant Mata Nui stayed asleep, even at the cost of my own life I would see to it that the shadow Matoran were cured." I find it odd that Takanuva would rashly value the lives of a tribe of matoran over the lives of everyone in the universe considering the stakes.Do you think he would have really done so? Or was it just a moment of his dark side affecting his judgment?

twilight_toa_takanewva.gif

Gavla's Comics 4.0 Dark's Comics the 3rd Movie Bm-the Prequel Bionicle Star Wars Vezon the Were-Spinax Unity, Duty, Something

Credit to Rokroro for the banner. And credit to Golden Avohkii for the avatar

Check out this great epic: Toa Takua's Epicenter

Formerly "Takanuva Toa of Twilight"

Takanuva realized that wakening up Mata Nui was a procedure that could WAIT for the future. It was never determined that the Shadow Matoran could be cured until the discovery of the Klakk's powers, and Takanuva thought that a vital population of Matoran should take priority over something that could be done anytime. After all, they were able to handle life during the Dark Time, they just weren't pleased about it.

That was his shadow side darkening his thoughts. It's not the only time that happened while he was in Karda Nui.

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

Of course his priorities were mixed up. He's saving his universe from certain death and destruction and instead of focusing on his job, he's live-tweeting the whole event. Considering he was once a Matoran himself, he'd have considerable sympathy for what the shadow Matoran were going through.

Edited by Sumiki

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

The idea of the Takanuva's blog as a kind of social media gets even worse when you look at specific examples, such as when a chapter ended right as a mysterious orange being he didn't know and assumed was an enemy suddenly began flying towards him. If the blog's existence as a journal or something is considered canon, then he chose some very inconvenient times to write in it.

idk man

Of course his priorities were mixed up. He's saving his universe from certain death and destruction and instead of focusing on his job, he's live-tweeting the whole event. Considering he was once a Matoran himself, he'd have considerable sympathy for what the shadow Matoran were going through.

This.I mean he just figured out they were long time friends of him, and he just refound them, so he wouldn't want to lose them again.

I'm back!

In general, I'm with Sumiki -- characters have flaws. We can't go around expecting them to never make mistakes, and then expect us to explain away why every decision they made is actually right. This isn't like other story questions that present apparent inconsistencies which we then try to imagine ways to resolve, because events and explanations do need to make sense, while character choices merely need to be in-character. If it's in-character for someone to do something that really doesn't make sense (due to strong emotions preferably), then from a standpoint of a quality story that's actually a good thing.

That said, it may simply be hyperbole. :P

And it's not really a lives versus lives thing -- the only life he mentioned spending was his own. The Shadow Matoran were not really in danger of dying in general (though they might have suffered the fate of the Kardakuta, not sure), and since Matoro had saved Mata Nui's life the rest of the Matoran Universe wasn't in immediate danger either.

As for the "live tweet" thing, honestly, those chapters are so short I don't see how it would be a problem, and of course it's really just a plot device.

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

This just occurred to me, but Takanuva is actually the one person who might (of the good guys) subconsciously know Makuta's plan. They were fused into one being briefly.

Perhaps it was his subconscious trying to warn him to delay the awakening and investigate? And he missed the cue consciously, and just turned it into that statement about the Shadow Matoran?

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

This just occurred to me, but Takanuva is actually the one person who might (of the good guys) subconsciously know Makuta's plan. They were fused into one being briefly.

Perhaps it was his subconscious trying to warn him to delay the awakening and investigate? And he missed the cue consciously, and just turned it into that statement about the Shadow Matoran?

Possible, especially since the draining of his inner light might have brought those "shadowy" thoughts to the surface. Also, Takanuva did travel through alternate dimensions, and that might have given him some clues.

Otherwise, I think it was just sort of a recognition that the Toa Nuva - the main six - were meant to awaken Mata Nui and he wasn't, exactly. So he decided to help the Shadow Matoran instead, which were his own people turned evil as some other people pointed out. :shrugs:

Also, Takanuva did travel through alternate dimensions, and that might have given him some clues.

Like this "hint"/dead giveaway

"Mata Nui was meant to cheat death ... instead, I was cheated of my revenge"

Excerpt from the Kingdom

Edited by ToaKapura1234

Want to solve an exciting murder mystery? Try Murder Mansion II, a new game in Games and Trivia! 8 Spots remaining!

http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/19274-murder-mansion/?do=findComment&comment=964351

• 2 weeks later...

This just occurred to me, but Takanuva is actually the one person who might (of the good guys) subconsciously know Makuta's plan. They were fused into one being briefly. Perhaps it was his subconscious trying to warn him to delay the awakening and investigate? And he missed the cue consciously, and just turned it into that statement about the Shadow Matoran?

Totally never thought about this. Now that you mention it.

STAR WARS GALAXY AT WAR

E2F89AB957A1479880B245CBBECF5036.jpg

... we have cookies

I think you're all reading too much into this. He had been an Av-Matoran not that long ago, and he was just angry that other Av-Matoran were corrupted, especially since he came close to ending up the way they did.

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

I think you're all reading too much into this. He had been an Av-Matoran not that long ago, and he was just angry that other Av-Matoran were corrupted, especially since he came close to ending up the way they did.

He's also been half-drained of light, so being a bit more callous about some issues comes free with that state. He could very well care about his "pack" more than about Mata Nui - a being he'd never met, and whose re-awakening could wait a while longer now that he was stabilized anyways - right at that moment.

Or, it could just be because that's exactly the way Takua would think. He was never the dutiful, go with your head kind of guy. That guy was Jaller. Takua went with what he felt was best, not necessarily what logic said was best.

How well will you die?

It also could have been due to being drained of light himself. Having experienced the same things the Shadow Matoran had probably made him more sympathetic to their plight. The fact that they were fellow Av-Matoran likely only increased his fervor to save them.

Not Tikicrazy. Not Tikiloco. Just plain ol' Tikiturbo.

Check Out My S&T 7 Entry: "Teacher" Below

http://www.bzpower.c...?showtopic=7740

KINGDOM HEARTS Fan? PM me.