The Cantina

No, thank you. I appreciate the criticism. I need it. It builds character, not just for him, but for me too. I wasn't sure how long or what exactly, this group of Sith's trials were, so I kinda went out on a limb. If that's a problem, I can change it. Also, I figured that the Sith would want to make sure a, potentially, unstabe person such as him, was loyal first.

Lastly, I should have clarified, he's not a slave. Or, at least I didn't mean for him to be.

Edited by Dr. Vengeance

Life comes, and life goes, flowing like the tide.

Peace ebbs, and peace flows, often fleeting just like time.

Love can last, but only so, there isn't much before you die.

People pass, come to and fro. And eventually revenge too, doe lie.

For in the the end, it's only the vengent who lasts forever.

The Vengent Spectre.

Think of it....well, remember those Holodecks from Star Trek?

Also, my Shoggoths are hungry. Rule offenders beware.

This has been the first in a series of threats designed to keep you all in line. :P

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

I'd say so. If it manages to close into melee and the commandos are close together it might give them a hard time.

Depends on the exact situation. If the commandos are in the open and the droid has distance and a sniper rifle on it's side, clearly, the commandos will likely lose. Distance, when the primary weapons are ranged, is a factor. Rocks, cliffs and such as can change things rapidly.

Edited by Basilisk

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

Depends on the distance again. Depends on how it'll attack.

Lots of situational variables. For example, those Genosians, had they been armed properly or had they attacked as a group, would have overwhelmed your commando.

They didn't, so they lost.

Edited by Basilisk

Hm. We haven't decided on the situation the Trandoshans are in yet....

Eh. If you want my advice, the commandos appear to be in an open area with an entryway into a canyon or something along those lines. Smart thing to do would be to use the holes in the canyon wall as ambush points, set up hidden weapons emplacements, warrior ambushes (preferably armed with sonic weapons) that would open fire once the commandos have gone by them. Or simply present them with a foe that stealth won't work well against. An AAT for example, provided it has infantry support on it's flanks (or better, infantry support from the air) would be the ideal commando killer.

The fact Geonosians can fly also gives them an immense advantage. They can set up ambushes from the top of cliffs, crags, areas that the commandos can't reach and check. Fighting prepared Geonosians would be bloody. Very bloody.

In general, if you are in a fair fight during war-time, you suck at tactics.

Edited by Basilisk

But it's really easy to shoot, snipe, stab, blow up, and punch holes in them. I remember I hated Geonosians that dodged an attack. Like when I tried to stab one, he dodged left or right, and I miss.

Elite Geonosians are the ones that would make a bloody mess. The Laser Weapon they carry would make a hole right through you.

gallery_110528_107_5250.jpg

See, that's the thing about ambushes. The enemy doesn't get to shoot back.

Provided you don't rush out like a fool the second you spot an enemy, but instead take the time to aim.....well, Geonosians breed fast. Odds are they'll out-number any given commando unit. Hidden properly, they'd be able to decimate any group going through the canyons. You'd need air control to prevent that sort of thing and frankly, having a gunship following you around negates the stealth bit.

The worst thing you can do is walk down an open canyon during war-time. They're ideal for a defender.

True. It isn't necessarily but, he also doesn't exactly show off that much of his personalty. Okay, should I change the number of tasks he has to do to one? Or, just leave it?

Life comes, and life goes, flowing like the tide.

Peace ebbs, and peace flows, often fleeting just like time.

Love can last, but only so, there isn't much before you die.

People pass, come to and fro. And eventually revenge too, doe lie.

For in the the end, it's only the vengent who lasts forever.

The Vengent Spectre.

True. It isn't necessarily but, he also doesn't exactly show off that much of his personalty. Okay, should I change the number of tasks he has to do to one? Or, just leave it?

Just the one would be fine I think. You get a lot further with just keeping an eye on some-one then demanding they kill someone to prove their loyalty.

Then it's approved.

Heading to bed now. I'll move along the plot tomorrow.

And get a cantina post up for the hunters I guess.

Edited by Basilisk

Name: Zane DravvadSpecies: HumanGender: MaleAge: 27 standard yearsFaction: Order of the SithSympathies: While his allegiance primarily lies with the Sith, and by extension the Confederacy, he also holds some admiration for the Jedi ideals. He believes that while their intentions are good, their methods are misguided.Rank: Sith LordOccupation: Zane became a researcher due to his fascination with the ancient history of the Sith and has devoted much of his time studying old texts and searching for lost relics of the Order's past.Skills: Thanks to his constant travels, Zane is fluent in many different spoken languages, making it easy for him to communicate with different species. He is also skilled with technology, able to repair and maintain his own equipment as well as hack into security systems. However, his lightsaber skills are at a basic level at best and he focuses exclusively on Form VI, with heavy emphasis on the use of Force abilities. To compensate for this, he took the time to become skilled with blasters to use as a surprise attack.Force Abilities: While his saber skills are not the most impressive, Zane holds a very deep connection to the Force and dabbles in both the Light and Dark side. His Telekinesis is exceptionally powerful and is his most often-used ability, whether to manipulate the environment or directly against an opponent. He will often supplement his Telekinesis with powers such as Force Grip and Force Deflection and can also use it to suspend himself above the ground, although he cannot actually travel like this.

Zane uses his Force abilities to attack not only physically but mentally as well. He can reach out and gaze into the thoughts of others to glean information or plant negative emotions in order to distract his enemies, whether subtly through a Mind Trick or directly through Telepathy. He can also protect himself from attempts from other Force-users who might try to do the same to him.

He possesses a heightened Force Sense and Psychometry, which is useful when he is exploring distant worlds for artifacts. He is also skilled in Force Stealth and Force Cloak in order to better conceal himself when the need arises.Equipment or Weapons: Zane carries the same lightsaber that he built during his time as a Jedi Padawan, meaning that the blade is blue as opposed to the more traditional red blades used by Sith warriors. He also has a rig strapped to his left arm that will push a 12 Defender Microblaster into his hand when triggered, although this is mostly used as a last resort. He also carries a rebreather and grappling spike launcher on his utility belt, as well as maps and other survival tools.

One of Zane's more unique pieces of equipment is a highly modified Dark Eye probe droid that he affectionately calls Spot. While it does not have any weapons, Zane has replaced its stealth armor plates with sealable compartments, one of which contains a folding manipulator arm. Its primary use is to accompany him on expeditions and record video logs and collect samples for future research.Appearance: Zane stands at around 5' 10" and dresses in the traditional black robes of the Sith with a dark green sash tied around the waist. Underneath, he wears a weave armor tunic for added protection. His hair is long enough to be tied back in a ponytail and unlike other Sith, he chooses not to wear a mask. This exposes his brown eyes, which are slightly lighter due to his use of the Dark Side of the Force.Personality: While most view the Sith as ruthless and bloodthirsty, Zane is actually a rather pleasant and open person. He embraces his emotions, viewing them as a vital part of his being and his connection to the Force. As a Corellian, he is often sentimental and dwells on fond memories when they surface. He is perfectly willing to work with others and in fact, feels that the Order of the Sith is lacking in the teamwork department. On the other hand, he is also very pragmatic and will not hesitate to take a life or fight dirty.Home Planet: CorelliaHistory: Zane's Force abilities were discovered at a very young age and he spent quite a bit of his childhood experimenting with them, along with his close friend Elara who was also Force sensitive. The two were eventually discovered by a passing Jedi recruiter and taken to Coruscant for training.

Zane's time at the Jedi Temple was not an easy one. He found the quiet environment of the temple to be stifling and while he excelled in his Force studies, he struggled to keep up with the other younglings in lightsaber training and became the object of ridicule from his fellow students. Because of this, he often found himself feeling homesick and lonely, yearning to go back to Corellia's green pastures. But thanks to encouragement from Elara and his instructers, he persevered and passed the trials to become a Padawan.

As the years went on, however, it became clear that Zane's background made him ill-suited for the Jedi lifestyle. He often found himself in intense arguments with his master over many matters such as the forbidding of emotional attachment, the nature of the Dark Side, and how much was too much. To him, the desire to protect something or someone was not a bad thing and in fact, could be beneficial to a Jedi. However, his master would have none of it, constantly emphasizing that attachment would lead to fear and eventually the Dark Side.

The conflict between master and apprentice came to a head when Zane was about sixteen. At the climax of a mission where he and his master were tracking down a bounty hunter, their quarry threatened to detonate a bomb in a residential area if they did not call of their pursuit. Sensing what he was going to do, Zane used the Force to pull the detonator from his hand and then used choked him to stop him from reaching for another he had hidden on his person. Seeing this Dark Side power in use, Zane's master intervened and the distraction was enough to allow the bounty hunter to blow the bombs and escape in the confusion. Years of frustration and the sensation of many lives suddenly being lost overwhelmed Zane and he lashed out at his master, blasting the older Jedi with a powerful Force Push. Without even bothering to check what had happened, he fled the scene and vanished.

Not long after, Zane was confronted by a Sith scout, who sensed the turmoil in the young Jedi and offered him a place amongst the Sith to learn to better use his abilities. The idea of being allowed to express himself and not having to suppress his emotions appealed to him and he accepted, traveling to the Renaissance to continue his training. After a decade of studying and reflection, Zane has learned to look past the incident and let go of his disdain for the Jedi Order, turning his attention to discovering more about the secret past of the Sith.

Ship Name: The Last Day of SummerModel: JM-5KFunction: Personal shuttleWeapons: Laser cannon x2Modifications: Improved hyperdrive to address breakdown issues, now a Class 1.Background: Since Zane often went on long solo expeditions to distant worlds, he felt that the single-man JumpMaster 5000 was the perfect ship to suit his needs. The name reflects his sentimental personality.

Name: Elara OdaiSpecies: HumanGender: FemaleAge: 26 standard yearsFaction: Jedi OrderSympathies: She is fiercely loyal to the Jedi Order and the Republic. However, unlike some Jedi, she feels that it is possible to bring Sith and Dark Jedi back to the path of the light and views them as tragic figures rather than monsters.Rank: Jedi KnightOccupation: Jedi Shadow. In Elara's case, however, she prefers to try and bring in Dark Jedi and Sith alive so that they can be redeemed rather than kill them.Skills: Elara has trained exclusively in the use of the lightsaber pike to compensate for her size, giving her a unique fighting style. She uses a combination of Form IV and Form V, using the latter's emphasis on parries and counters to supplement the former's flurry of strikes. She is also highly skilled in the Art of Movement.Force Abilities: To complement her fighting style, Elara focuses on abilities that help her in combat, notably Force Jump, Force Speed, and Battlemind. In battle, she will often utilize the Force to put additional power behind her blows. She can also use basic Telekinesis to move objects and has some skill in Force Healing.Equipment or Weapons: True to the Jedi way, Elara only carries the bare essentials with her, such as a rebreather, grappling spike launcher, and other survival necessities. The shaft of her double-sided lightsaber pike can be telescoped for easier transportation and the blades are green.Appearance: At 5' 5", Elara is not a very imposing figure. Underneath her brown Jedi robes, she wears a set of light durasteel plates on her torso, arms, and legs for protection. She has fair skin, dark green eyes, and her blond hair is often tied up in a bun.Personality: While she can come off as cold at times, Elara is respectful to those around her and will gladly assist those who need it. She takes being a Jedi very seriously and her cool demeanor comes from her efforts to suppress her natural Corellian sentimentality, which she views as an impediment to her training.Home Planet: CorelliaHistory: When Elara came to the Jedi temple with her friend Zane, she found it a bit difficult to adjust at first. She was often teased for her small stature, something that filled her with the determination to prove her detractors wrong. Pouring countless hours into her lightsaber training, Elara emerged as an exceptional duelist and eventually received permission to train in the use of the exotic lightsaber pike. However, this specialized training meant that she got to see Zane less often and the two began to drift apart. The last time she heard of him was several years later as a Padawan, when reports came in that he had attacked his master during a mission and turned to the Dark Side.

The news shocked Elara, who had been lead to believe that all Sith were sadistic killers and couldn't comprehend the thought that someone like Zane could do something like that. With her beliefs rattled, she turned to meditation, thinking long and hard on the matter. Eventually, she decided that something must have happened to drive Zane to turn on his master and that there had to be a way to bring him back. With that in mind, she trained harder than ever and was eventually made a Jedi Knight, upon which she embarked on the path of the Jedi Shadow to seek out followers of the Dark Side in hopes to find her lost friend.

Ship Name: FaithkeeperModel: Nu-class attack shuttleFunction: Personal shuttleWeapons: Medium laser cannonsModifications: Troop bay has been converted into an expanded cargo area to hold more supplies. Weapons are controlled by a computer to eliminate the need for a gunner and the twin light laser cannons on the nose have been removed.Background: Elara was issued the shuttle in order to track down Sith artifacts and personnel as a Jedi Shadow. To better suit it for long-distance trips, several modifications were made to convert it from a troop transport to a suitable reconnaisance craft.

Edited by Promised Land

sorry for it being a bit short, but hey. it's a clone. anyways, Flaredrick, how would I fit my current character into the current situation?

gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

being a clone does not equal no backstory

or lack of personality

maybe they had a childhood trauma

never use "clone" as an excuse, find another one

:P

Anyway. I'll be joining as soon as I find the time to type up my profiles.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

I tempted to approve on the merit of it being a emotionally well-adjusted and sane being alone.

In fact, I think I will. Both are Approved!

Anywho, anyone who wants in that strike team, find a reason to enter the training room. Or maybe you were already there. ;)

sorry for it being a bit short, but hey. it's a clone. anyways, Flaredrick, how would I fit my current character into the current situation?

Noooooo... Nuuuuuu. >: ( Clone =/= organic battle droid. Even though they're grown in a tank, bred for war and thrown onto a battlefield, clones are people, with ambitions, quirks, thoughts and feelings. See every piece of Star Wars literature on them.@PL- Both approvified. I would wax poetic about how much I like them, but that might get gratuitous. :) Welcome to the game. Edited by Madara: Mangekyou Master

STAR WARS GALAXY AT WAR

E2F89AB957A1479880B245CBBECF5036.jpg

... we have cookies

*cough* Imagine growing up being told by your makers that you are nothing more than cannon fodder for the Republic. When you grow up (twice as fast as a normal human), you're thrown into a suit of armour and shipped to the living hel* that is war, watching the brothers you know and love die on a daily basis.

STAR WARS GALAXY AT WAR

... we have cookies

I don't see why not....

There are such Jedi in the CIS I imagine. There's nothing stopping a Jedi from shaking his head sadly and deserting the war entirely of course.

It would depend on the definition of grey Jedi and said Jedi's personal history. If, by grey Jedi, you mean a Jedi who is no longer aligned with the Order: There are more than a few Jedi who have resigned from the Order. Some joined the CIS without giving up their devotion to the Light Side (like Qui-Gon Jinn). Others have become full-on Sith (like Recusatia). I could definitely see some Jedi resigning and choosing to stay neutral. In general though, in this RP's Jedi Order, if a Jedi defects to the CIS, they get labelled a Dark Jedi by the Republic's propaganda machine (regardless of their use of the Force). They could refer to themselves as a Grey Jedi though. A Force-user who uses both the Light side and the Dark side would probably be seen as a Dark Jedi by the Order (and disciplined or expelled). There is nothing inherently stronger about drawing from both sides of the Force. As long as he's roughly Knight-level, and isn't secretly a former Darth/Master, I would have no objections.

Edited by Madara: Mangekyou Master

STAR WARS GALAXY AT WAR

... we have cookies

Jinn was actually the leader of the Confederacy for a time. Without Skywalker around, he joined Dooku's cause pretty quickly.

'Course, someone else is in charge now.

Edited by Basilisk