The Cantina

Yes, a Clone Trooper squad is of Nine Troopers. The Commandos operate in smaller pods, however, nearing the number of four. This would mean that with Stalker's approval, there would be two out of four Commandos needed for a squad.

Although, Flaredrick, the Night Ops Armor is a different armor from the standard Commando armor. That may need to be stated. Last I remember reading, it's weaker than the Mark II, but provides NICE stealth options.

Edited by Lavama

"Boss! Da needle is pointin' in da red! Dat ain't good!"
"Course it's good ya squealin' runt! Red goes fastah!"

Orks... Such wonderfully simple creatures.

I actively encourage you to seek out friends to play the other members.

Or just flesh out the NPCs. Eh. Both work.

You'll find plenty of worthy enemies out there. We've given the CIS some....upgrades.

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

Basilisk, on 24 May 2013 - 20:13, said:I actively encourage you to seek out friends to play the other members.Or just flesh out the NPCs. Eh. Both work.You'll find plenty of worthy enemies out there. We've given the CIS some....upgrades.

@Flaredrick & Lavama - What my learned friend Basilisk has said.Also, finally, I present my first Sith profile.

QuoteName: Anshar RuneSpecies: Kage/Human hybridGender: MaleAge: 21Faction: SithSympathies: Anshar's loyalty is to the Sith first. However, he does believe in the Separatist values of democracy and freedom from oppression. Most that know Anshar well would say that his hate for the Republic far outweighs his love for the Confederacy. Anshar has a special hatred for those that engage in the slave trade.Rank: Sith ApprenticeOccupation: As a Sith Apprentice, Anshar would have a nebulous place in the CIS command structure, being roughly equivalent to a junior commander. His skillset would be best put to use as an infiltrator and inquisitor.Skills: Anshar has channeled his aggression into Niman, Form VI, which combines elements from the first six traditional lightsaber forms when dueling and allows him to better focus on the Force. Anshar is dedicated to using the the Form, and is comfortable channeling the philosophies of other combat forms in his use of Form VI. He is comfortable with the philosophy of Soresu, Form III, and the mindset of Form I, Shii-Cho. Thanks to his study of Niman, he has foundational knowledge of Jar'Kai, but does not wield a second lightsaber, instead relying on other strategies. He has been studying Niman for close to ten years, and is an exceptional duelist.Form VI has a reputation for weakness in direct combat. As a result, Rune compensates by using supplementary dueling tactics like trakata, continuously drilling in the use of the Niman, and maintaining a degree of training in unorthodox unarmed combat. He tends to rely on deception and the creative use of terrain to gain an advantage in duels.While he has demonstrated some aptitude during piloting simulations, he has no real experience flying. Anshar disdains the use of blaster pistols, and as such, is a poor shot with them. He is, however, learning to use traditional Nightsister weaponry. He has no aptitude for slicing or programming, though he finds certain forms of technology to be fascinating to use. Force Abilities: Aside from basic Sith skills, like meditating on one's anger and using the Dark Side to rudimentarily empower oneself, Anshar has learned the basics of tutaminis, and can absorb low-level potentially harmful energy, diffusing it, or channeling it to boost his own abilities. This is his primary defense against attacks from others by the Force. If he is aware of the attack, he can usually absorb a shot from a blaster or dampen the effects of a Force attack [/font].Anshar's current level of telekinetic aptitude is slightly below average. While he can move relatively light objects, such as his lightsaber or gravel, with the power of his mind, the Sith Apprentice is not as adept with more grandiose telekinetic attacks like Force Choke. Without the use of tutaminis, his Force Push is not particularly impressive, but can be enhanced by tutaminis. Thanks to his training from Nightsister members of the Sith, Apprentice Rune has some skill in bending animals to his will. He has begun the path of learning the Witches' spells. He knows the relatively simple Nightsister spells, Touch of the Kiin'Dray, which allows him to apply a binding force through his hands and scale difficult surfaces, and a weak spell of flame, which he generally uses to light and control candle flames during his meditation. He has an interest in Sith Sorcery, but has had no opportunities to learn it.Equipment or Weapons: Anshar's double-bladed lightsaber has an unusual design, made to accommodate his fighting style. On the surface, it is quite utilitarian, made from dull grey metal and a ridged black grip. It's standard length is about 40 centimeters long, and it has a telescoping hilt that can extend it to roughly 55 centimeters (to allow it to be better used as a saberstaff). Its blades are dual-phase, designed to switch between standard lightsaber and a slightly shorter length that would be typical of a shoto. They have an aggressive, crimson colour, thanks to the synthetic crystals Rune forged himself as part of the rites required to become an Apprentice. Two additional blue crystals can be switched into place in order to turn his blades violet.He also carries a standard issue Sith utility belt, with a commlink, bacta patch, an A99 aquata breather, and a liquid cable grappling spike launcher. Appearance: Anshar is the hybrid son of a Jabiimi human and a female Kage from Quarzite. He has unnaturally chalky white skin and narrow features, coupled with medium-length wavy dark brown hair. His eyes are slightly larger than a normal huamn, are naturally golden, and take on a sulfuric yellow hue when he draws upon his anger. Rune typically wears the traditional tunic and light armour (metal greaves, armorweave, shoulder and arm guards) of Kage Warrior, though he usually keeps his hooded mask down, revealing his face. While Anshar's Human father was over two metres tall, he has taken after his Kage mother, and is about 5'11 (180 centimetres). When preparing for combat, he paints traditional Sith markings around his eyes.Personality: His time on Jabiim, home of one of the bloodiest battles in the Clone Wars, shaped Anshar into a vengeful child with a deep hatred for the Republic and the Jedi. However, he has learned to restrain his anger, and believes that hatred is a force that must be channeled in the appropriate manner. Anshar's hatred for the Jedi is only rivaled by his filial loyalty and care for his mother. He follows the tenets of the new Sith Order religiously, striving to better himself and take vengeance on the order that wronged him. Home Planet: JabiimHistory: Anshar Rune was born on Jabiim, the son of a notorious Human Jabiimi space pirate, and a Near-Human Kage. His father once inadvertently hijacked a Hutt slave vessel, and freed the slaves, offering them positions in his crew. Rune's mother, a Kage from Quarzite, took up residence on Jabiim, and eventually formed a relationship with the pirate. The Clone Wars erupted a year after Anshar's birth, and Jabiim, a Separatist world, was invaded by the Republic about about two years into the war. His father joined Alto Stratus' Nimbus Commandos and fought against the Jedi-led invasion. Unfortunately, as the war continued, Anshar's home region was occupied by the Republic. When Anshar was five, his father was killed attempting to rescue his wife and children. Rune's Force-sensitivity was discovered by the Jedi, who forcibly took Anshar from his mother and infant sister.The transport carrying prospective Jabiimi younglings and draftees to the Service Corps was stopped by the efforts of the Separatists, and they were returned to their families. Three years later, Anshar's mother was approached by a representative of the new Sith Order, and she chose to send her son away from the battle-ravaged planet. Since then, he has taken the path of a Sith, embracing his passions and the power of the Dark Side. Rune continues to correspond regularly with his mother and younger sister, in order to maintain a relationship that he can draw strength from.

Edited by Madara: Mangekyou Master

STAR WARS GALAXY AT WAR

E2F89AB957A1479880B245CBBECF5036.jpg

... we have cookies

You'll find plenty of worthy enemies out there. We've given the CIS some....upgrades.

Ah. That's well sounding. Quite possibly a good challenge, even. Should be fun.

Shall we get to, 38?

Edited by Lavama

@ Lavama's previous post (the one at the very top.) I checked out Wookiepedia, and found that are not slightly weaker. Just says about the ability of the armor. In Republic Commando, it made an appearance as a playable Commando armor skin. Though this was non-canon. I will however, check out other sources to find out more on the Night Ops armor.

As to me finally being approved, let's get to it.

gallery_110528_107_5250.jpg

@Flare: Right. I misread that somewhere on my part. The only differences I can tell is that the Commando is nearly invisible to the naked eye using the Night Ops armor. You also couldn't be detected by sensors. Some sweet stuff.

Name: San Vroon

Species: Kel Dorian

Faction: The Jedi Order

Sympathies: San is immensely loyal to the Republic and the Jedi Order.

Occupation: Jedi Knight, field commander, San is also an active teacher of youngling Jedi.

Skills: San Vroon is a pretty well trained pilot. He is also skilled with the double bladed lightsaber. San is also a natural leader in battle and is well versed with teaching younglings. Lightsaber Form I and II.

Force Abilities: Force wall, force speed, lightsaver throw, force whirwind. Usual force telekinesis/flipping force pushing etc. Form I and II.

Equipment or Weapons: San wields an intricate and unique double blades lightsaber. The first blade is green on one side while the second blade on the other side is green. He usually wears the standard Jedi robes but dark brown with a few added armor plating.

Appearance: San Vroon looks like your average Kel Dorian his skin is a bright orange color and his face is distinctly alien. As a member of the Kel Dorian he wears a metal mask over part of his face at almost all times due to worlds with oxygen. San Vroon has two long tentacles on either side of his head that end in sharp talon like appendages.

Personality: San Vroon is a relatively peaceful Jedi. He is quiet oftentimes but can be very determined and level headed in battle. As a Jedi Guardian San Vroon fights hard in battle to protect innocent lives and the Republic. He has a great respect for the Force and enjoys meditating and teaching new Force control to other younger Jedi.

Home Planet: Dorin

History: San Vroon grew up on Dorin in one of the many industrial cities that dotted the world. As a child he dreamed of more then staying on world and working in one of the many factories that produced parts for ships or weapons. When San Vroon passed by the Jedi temple on Dorin when he was six years old it was sensed by one of the Jedi Knights within that he was force sensitive.

They took their time and spoke to San and his parents and asked them if they would allow San Vroon to be trained as a Jedi. At first his parents were reluctant but eventually they saw it as a great honor. After training on Dorin for a time and becoming a Padawan eventually San Vroon and his master left Dorin and traveled to the marvelous city-planet of Coruscant. After many years of serving the Jedi San Vroon was chosen to become a Jedi Knight. Since then he has been a valuable asset during the war. His level-headedness has helped greatly during battles with the Sith. San Vroon has also taken time to teach younglings at times. Currently he is searching for a Padawan.Ship Name: The Kel

Model: Eta-2 Actis-class light interceptor

Function: StarfighterWeapons: Two laser cannons, two secondary light ion cannons, Astromech droid. Class Class 1.0 hyperdrive.

Background: Standard Jedi interceptor given to him by the council.

Edited by Sir Flex Nardius

Since Djashell and Syaa are basically Madame Vastra and Jenny, here's Strax!
Name: Gurrox
Species: Cathar
Faction: Order of the Sith
Sympathies: Confederacy of Independent Systems. Also worth noting that he absolutely despises the Mandalorians, for atrocities committed to his people by them generations ago.
Occupation: He's sort of a scout really. He's sent off to worlds to gauge public opinions, planetary strength, how likely the Republic are to respond to attacks or if an attack is even needed at all.
Skills: Learned in Soresu lightsaber combat. Rapid regenerative abilities
Force Abilities: Simple capabilities towards Telekinesis and Affect Mind, he is particularly skilled in Force Healing
Equipment or Weapons: Simple one-bladed plain-hilted lightsaber. Though he has used a natural crystal rather than the synth-crystals usually preferred by Sith, as a red blade does tend to give things away somewhat. His blade appears as blue when he uses it
Appearance: Tall and imposing, close to two metres in height, covered in a light sandy beige fur. He has a mane, as in actual mane, made up up of dreadlocks around his face, from which one of his pointed ears protrudes. The other had the top bitten off and isn't long or pointy enough to make it through the mesh of braids. When in operation he tends to wear a mask of swirling red and black design. It doesn't hide the fact that he's an enormous hairy brute in appearance, but at least ensures any pursuers won't know which specific cathar to look for, or might even think he's a wookie.
Personality: All Cathar are highly driven by emotion, and Gurrox is no exception. The only difference is how he applies that emotion. Normally Cathar emotions are like ears of wheat, quick to grow but gone once they're harvested and requiring time to grow back. Gurrox's mentality is more like a tree. It sends down roots, it anchors itself in the fertile soil of his mind, it spreads out strong branches that reach out and gather power...basically while other Cathar have raw passion at their disposal, Gurrox's training has allowed him to refine it into iron-strong determination. It has the benefit of meaning he's not going to randomly lose his temper and lash out, allowing him to do things patiently and methodically
Home Planet: Cathar
History: It was a simple childhood on Cathar for Gurrox. No bullying or teasing, just the normal rough and tumble from creatures that were, for all intents and purposes, giant lions. The Blood Hunt rite of passage ensured that his inner darkness was not some raging inferno that controlled his actions, but never really quelled it as such. It just gave it a mould to fill. Why lose your temper and risk dire consequences when you get a more measured revenge by thinking it through? It was this that brought him to the attention of a Sith scouting the planet for potential recruits, knowing the feline humanoids made both good Sensitives and good warriors. He took note of Gurrox's sensitivity to the Force and brought the young warrior to the Renaissance to be trained. Amongst the other trainees, Gurrox's size and strength gave him an innate advantage which only served to make him more cautious about how he used that strength, not wanting to inadvertently cause anyone injury. This more cautious approach, possibly combined with the speedy healing properties of his species, gave him a natural affinity towards Force Healing. The bulky warrior with fangs and claws is actually one of the more skilled medics in the Sith ranks. Even his style of lightsaber combat uses his power to create a steel bulkhead of defence to tire attackers out rather than overpower them himself. Since he can be depended on not to go on a bloody rampage whenever he's sent on a mission, and their history as slaves means Cathar are often overlooked in crowds, he is a perfect choice for going on more secretive operations where the hand of the Sith needs to go unnoticed
Edited by Lord of Adders Black

7AOYGDJ.jpg

@Lord - Prima facie, the general concept is great. I love the Whovian analogies. :) But, I was curious about a couple mostly minor things.

• The Skills section refers to skills not directly related to the Force. They might relate more to skills he has as a scout. Is the rapid regenerative ability related to his proficiency with Force Healing?
  • Have you decided on a colour for his natural crystal (or is that still ruminating)?
  • What do you mean by general Sith abilities?
  • You say he specializes in Makashi, but this seems to describe Form III. Or does he simply use the elegant style of Makashi for defence?
    Even his style of lightsaber combat uses his power to create a steel bulkhead of defence to tire attackers out rather than overpower them himself.

STAR WARS GALAXY AT WAR

... we have cookies

The rapid regen is a thing apparently all Cathar can do. I felt I had to mention it somewhere if only out of a sense of fair play and skills seemed the best place

Bah, thought I mentioned colour. I'll edit that in

Likewise I'll specify with the Sith thing

I thought Makashi was primarily used for defence, but looking on it, I do seem to have gone more the way of Form III. I'll change it

7AOYGDJ.jpg

I like the Swoop Gang in Coruscant thing. I smell something brewing. Strong, like coffee.

A quick announcement: My laptop, scarcely a year old, passed away today. I might not be as active in the future.

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

Announcement:

Factionless character applications will now be accepted. If you wish to play a smuggler or bounty hunter that isn't aligned with any larger faction, you can do so. This will be subject to only one caveat. You pick between Coruscant or Nar Shaddaa as your starting location.

EDIT:An updated list of major NPCs for the Sith and Jedi has been put on the front page of the RPG. More Important NPCs are on their way. :)

STAR WARS GALAXY AT WAR

... we have cookies

Strack, there are a lot of things that need work in the profile, ranging from the rank (Dark Jedi is not a rank) to power levels. In its current state, there is no way I would approve that profile. If you're serious about submitting this character, PM me for a more detailed critique of it.

STAR WARS GALAXY AT WAR

... we have cookies

Haha, awesome! Looking forward to seeing what you cook up. Meanwhile, here's a Zann Consortium-aligned Mandalorian I've been stewing. :3

Name: Rohinn "Dak" Cerdak

Species: FirrerreoGender: Male

Age: 30 standard yearsFaction: Zann ConsortiumSympathies: Dak is a Mandalorian, and has some respect for Mandalore the Redeemer. His commitment to his cultural background has led him to eschew registering with the official Bounty Hunters' Guild. Instead, he works for the Zann Consortium. He does not care much for politics, and views the Jedi and the Sith as equally unworthy of trust.Rank: N/AOccupation: Dak is a mercenary and bounty hunter that dabbles in smuggling. He works with the Zann Consortium. Skills: Dak has honed his skills as a bounty hunter, eschewing slicing and oration in favour of tracking, hand-to-hand combat and blaster training. He received training in hand-to-hand combat from the clan, following the occupation of Concordia. Dak is a reasonably skilled pilot and mechanic, at least when piloting light freighters or repairing the Jehaatir. Like all Firrerreo, he has the ability to rapidly heal from wounds.Force Abilities: N/AEquipment or Weapons: Dak has a few weapons he uses in the course of his job as a mercenary and bounty hunter. Due to his youth and background, he has not had the opportunity to use the exotic weaponry that is typical of a Mandalorian. Instead, Dak has had to make do with much a much less diverse arsenal.

He owns a DC-15S blaster carbine (purchased due to how available their ammunition is on the black market) and has added a grappling spike launcher to the gun. Dak also wields a pair of ELG-3A blaster pistols, with modified handles, trigger guards, and a dull metallic grey finish.

For more utilitarian purposes, Dak carries a single-edged vibrodagger. His most prized possession is a traditional and highly illegal beskad saber, forged from beskar, which Dak's family managed to conceal from the Jedi during their frequent searches for Mandalorian iron.

Dak wears Mandalorian armor in the shape of traditional shock trooper armor, forged from a durasteel alloy. The helmet, marked with a traditional T-visor, is also forged from durasteel. His armour is coloured black and grey, to evoke traditional Mandalorian meanings. His helmet has breathing filters, communication systems, a rangefinder, internal HUD, and an environmental filtration system. His chestplate and helmet have been painted with a black abstract representation of a reek. The macrobinocular viewplate offers him a number of vision modes. He dons a Merr-Sonn JT-12 jetpack.

Appearance: Dak is a typical member of the Firrerreo species. His straight hair naturally has two tones, brown with streaks of copper red. His skin is has a golden hue to it, which shifts to silver if he is angry or frightened. Like many of his species, he has learned to control this shifting to some degree. His canines are elongated, designed for a mostly carnivorous diet. He is of medium build, and maintains his physique by utilizing a gym he has built into the Jehaatir.

Despite his career as a bounty hunter, the Firrerreo doesn't have substantial scar tissue, something he attributes to his species' natural healing factor. This has also prevented him from taking tattoos based off of Mandalorian designs.

Personality: Dak is a mercenary, who believes in being as pragmatic and practical as possible. While he holds to the cultural ideals of the Mandalorians, he is hesitant to support them overtly, feeling that it would be detrimental to his career and the support of his dependents. While some Mandalorians have chosen to work for Black Sun and the Hutts, and others have chosen to be freelance bounty hunters, Dak has instead found employment in the Zann Consortium, the only major rival to Xizor and the Hutts. Utilitarianism and a pragmatic approach to life have made him an adaptable individual.

He has a certain code of honour, and believes in the value of a contract, completing every job he takes on principle (even if they offend his few moral sensibilities).

Like many Firrerreo, Rohinn believes that there is some power in a true name, and goes by the much shorter alias, "Dak." All in all, he is a man of simple tastes, simply trying to make his way in the galaxy.

Home Planet: Concord DawnHistory: Dak grew up on Concord Dawn, and grew up during Republic occupation of the Mandalore system. When his parents' beskar armour and weapons were confiscated by the Jedi, he saw them adapt, adopting durasteel armour instead. The Jedi occupation of Concord Dawn has been much more measured, and was conducted in a less authoritarian manner than that of Mandalore and Concordia. He chose to follow his parents' line of business, donning Mandalorian armour and joining the Zann Consortium as a bounty hunter.

Ship Name: JehaatirModel: Starwind-class pleasure yacht Function: The Starwind was designed as luxurious pleasure craft, however, Cerdak has modified it his job as a bounty hunter and smuggler.Weapons: The Jehaatir has been fitted with two quad-laser cannons, and a retractable ion cannon. It has been modified to be fitted with a retractable, rotating all-purpose mass driver cannon, however Dak has not been able to purchase one yet (due to the prohibitive cost associated with such a weapon).Modifications: The standard Starwind-class pleasure craft is an unarmed vessel. However, the Jehaatir has been extensively modified by Cerdak over the years. The cockpit has been modified so that he can pilot it with only the aid of an astromech droid. The Mandalorian has stripped the vessel of most of its more extravagant compartments to make room for a deflector shield, holding cells for bounties, and a medical bay. Hyperdrive calculations are done by an R-series astromech droid, which can take over piloting of the ship in emergencies. Background: Cerdak claimed the ship as payment for a bounty almost seven years ago, and has made extensive modifications to it.

STAR WARS GALAXY AT WAR

... we have cookies

Oooooooooooooh snap yuuuuus.

Totally making a profile for this. ASAP.

yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuus

Everything is going just as I have foreseen.

363px-Palpycropped.jpg

Yeeeeeeeesssssss.