RPG: Young Justice - Aftermath

Bundalings

IC:

Wow. This guy is already a real pain. Why build sound machines that dampen sound, when he could have just bought noise cancelling headphones. What's the whole purpose of it anyway. And if this guy can read my mind, I do not want him to talk to me like that Smith guy in The Matrix.

IC:

SoundMaster then quickly drew his tuning fork, but instead of pointing it at Ezra, he threw it over his shoulder. He already knows that this person is a metal user, so why make it worse if metal was on him. Then again, he didn't know if there was anymore on him. He swiped his hand over his head, as if he was switching from raising his hand, to rubbing his head.

"Yeah, I got to go pick that up. Besides, we can take her on other day. She got us right where she wants us, plus she manipulates metal. He ain't got no chance right now," he said calm as usual. It's not rare to hear him calm, which is weird.

gallery_110528_107_5250.jpg

OOC: Think I'm still waiting on a reply from Cavalry, and know I am for Alesiu, so I'll just keep the whole Beijing thing rolling

IC: The sight that greeted Thirteen, Sam and Erika when they finally caught up with Wild Fire...wasn't exactly what Thirteen had been expecting. There was some sort of silvery dome covering the hero, and he knew it was covering Ricardo because he could see him thrashing around inside it.

He immediately ran through to punch it. Sure, punching it wasn't doing Wild Fire any good but...well, punching things was all he could do, really, and he had to do something

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC:

Rick's eyes widened as Thirteen punched his slow tomb. He tried to signal them that the man behind this is near by. He stopped struggling and tried to get his hands free. If Thirteen can use telepathy then he'll know what's going on, but if he doesn't then some sign language that he makes up might make sense to them.

IC:Samuel's eyes narrowed, taking in the scene before him. Unlike Thirteen, he hung back, trying to work out what was going on. Ricardo was stuck in liquid metal, and by the frantic nature of his movements, he was suffocating. He'd be unconscious soon. But force was not getting him free, the metal always bounced back, almost like it was...Alive. A metal construct, likely sentient, like Thirteen. Liquid at room temperature. What had he learned in chemistry about that... Only a few were like that, and all of them slowed or solidified in cold. His fingers flew across the screen of his phone, sending his message."We need to get Ricardo out, and find a way to cool it down. Any ideas, Angel?"

Edited by The Snark Knight

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC:"... I can make that work. But the question is, what do we do about Ricardo? He has maybe a minute left. The metal has a deathgrip. And we can't afford to let it get another."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

OOC: Just a reminder you two, you are currently in another field of silence

IC: Mister Thirteen recoiled from the drowning Wild Fire, mouth open in a silent yelp. The fist he'd used to punch the liquid metal had dulled to a dismal grey in place of the usual shimmering silver, and was clearly paining him something nasty. As he stepped back to Sam and Angel's level, the lustre began to return but he was still shaking it as though he'd been burnt

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC:Samuel grimaced, gesturing for Thirteen to stay back. Whatever this guy was made of, it didn't sit well with his lawful counterpart. And with how Thirteen had reacted from one punch, he didn't want him touching it again.But he couldn't use Angel's idea until Ricardo was free, and time was running out. For lack of a better plan, he formed and hurled several sgarp-edged discs at the metal, and took a few steps toward it.

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

He then tried to heat the metal one more time. His hands could feel the metal burn even though he was resistant to heat. If the Professor is actually a part of this, then he can feel the heat. The impact of the discs could be felt as a rebound was felt in the liquid. He then nodded to the decision of attacking the metal. If he was able to heat the metal enough, and if the impact is hard enough, then the metal would break.

IC:

Kella "shifted", more like a failed toss, then pulled back as something brushed her ribs. Still, even with the shifting, Kella remained unconscious. Though strong It was obvious that her injuries were serious enough.

Life comes, and life goes, flowing like the tide.

Peace ebbs, and peace flows, often fleeting just like time.

Love can last, but only so, there isn't much before you die.

People pass, come to and fro. And eventually revenge too, doe lie.

For in the the end, it's only the vengent who lasts forever.

The Vengent Spectre.

IC / Jordan Alatya / Cadmus, Washington

"Firepower isn't its purpose. It's designed to enhance mobility. I'm sorry, I can't say much more than that."

IC / Lady White / Kansas

After the Red Lantern caused her aura to expand violently, Lady White swooped in and materialized with her hand around the alien's wrist. As quick as she could, she darted her hand toward the finger the ring was on, aiming to forcefully take the source of this invader's power...

skiddo.png

I want to THRIVE
Not just survive.

IC: The heat had a very limited effect on Professor Thirty-One. As he was already liquid, Wild Fire couldn't melt his way out. Though as the heat got higher he did start to feel the burn, and judged it a better cause of action to dispose of the hero. Wild Fire had surrounded himself with red-hot metal after all, which would be pushing the limits of even his heat resistance, and the prolonged lack of air should have left him quite light-headed and woozy thanks to oxygen deprivation. So he 'spat' the hero out, throwing him at Samuel like a burning bullet. He picked the Lazy Bugger for a very simple reason: he didn't look as threatening as the others. Which could only mean he was far more dangerous but felt no need to display it. At least that fool Thirteen had got the message and was staying back. He could be dealt with at leisure...

IC: "So, basically what you've got is a high tech wheel chair?" Liam asked

IC: Alesiu snarled and howled as White's fingers trying to prise the ring off her finger. It was wedged on tight though, and the ring itself was doing all it could to prevent being removed. Alesiu used her other hand to claw and scrape at Lady White's face, trying to jam her pointy fingers into an eye

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC:

Rick gave a facial expression of pain, but also to see if Sam was okay.

It seems the Professor doesn't like heat, but after staying there for so long and the added heat made him woozy. He stood up and slowly breathed the air around him. He then tried to get some fire going, and his fists were now engulfed in flames. He still continued to breath in the air, while looking at the giant blob of metal.

IC:A barrier appeared between Samuel and the makeshift projectile, preventing Ricardo from reaching his destination. The impact was none too gentle, but there wasn't anything to be done about that.The instant said attack was blocked, he went to work. It didn't look like he was doing anything, but in actuality, he was gathering his concentration for something big. Quite suddenly, Thirty One was cut off from the world at large by an opaque glowing cylinder. The ceiling was just above his 'head', the walls a few inches from his sides. This was for two reasons; first, to limit the room he had to strike at his prison. And second, to make the construct as small, and thus as easy to maintain, as possible.Above the ceiling, the cylinder opened to an airtight box, roughly three meters by five, and five tall. The sides were pushing in to vent the air, before expanding and sealing once more. This was Erika's idea, soon to be put into action; temperature drop induced by rapid depressurization.Outside, a bead of sweat appeared on his forehead. This was probably the hardest request he'd ever dealt with.

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: Hmm, some sort of hard light construct, possibly similar in manner to the ones created by the Green Lanterns. Weren't they supposed to have some sort of ring acting as a battery and power source for their abilities though? He couldn't see such artefacts on any of the two heroes whose abilities were unknown to him, unless it was that set of gauntlets. But as they were being held limp, that was unlikely.

So...this prison appeared to be created purely from thought and willpower alone. Either some sort of photokinesis holding the very photons in the air in place, or a projection ability. If the former then it was taking a lot of effort to hold so many in place, if the latter than there must be some serious energy being spent to create matter from nothing. So, clearly the construct was going to be taxing someone. So if he made it even more so they'd possibly over-exert, and take themselves out the action. Making it just two against one, as it was unlikely that pyro had kind of regenerative abilities he'd need for such a miraculous recovery.

He twisted himself into a spire to the top of the cylinder, as thin as he could make himself to maximise the space he had to work with, and started spawning arms using the substance he had spare from thinning himself out. They shot out at random spots, hammering the sides of the cylinder with simple fingerless clubs for hands, striking with all the force he could muster. While he was no physical titan of brute force, he was still stronger than your average human, and the sheer number of times he was lashing out at his prison should give its creator a headache

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC(Marshall-The Unjust League)

"Um, guys?" all eyes turned to Slight, who was leaning back comfortably in his seat, "I'm implore you to find another way to Cadmus. Driving from Happy Harbor to Washington is...not smart. Either way, I'm not looking forward to riding that far in the same car as any of you."

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

IC:

Unwillingly, Samuel Jade dropped to one knee, eyes closed and teeth tightly clenched in an expression of silent pain.

It wasn't taking too much energy to maintain the construct. It was simple enough that the energy could easily be supplied, and he'd still have strength left over. In fact, he'd made more complicated structures dozens of times. No, the problem arose from the pounding being delivered from the inside. Keeping it airtight was hard enough, keeping it airtight while dozens of hands beat on it was far harder.

But there weren't many other options, were there? Thirteen couldn't touch him. Ricardo was more or less out of the fight due to severe burns and oxygen deprivation. Erika wouldn't be able to do much; it was doubtful her lasers would be much more effective than Ricardo's flames. Samuel's own energy projectiles hadn't had any real effect. That left making it too cold to move properly, or at least brittle enough to break.

This had to work. With a thought, the valve separating Thirty One from the vacuum vanished, and the pressure shot way down. If it wasn't enough... The prison wouldn't last more than a few minutes more.

Time to see if the gamble paid off.

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: Magnon [Kansas]

Magnon leapt through the air and tackled the Red Lantern, preventing her from jabbing Lady White.

IC: Blue Lantern [beijing]

His head... it hurt. But it did not bother him. He brought hope to places of despair. Brother Norin Gar of the Blue Lantern Corps surrounded himself in his protective aura, which he started to shape into armor. He flew through the air, and looked down at the device. And he uttered some words,

"In fearful day, in raging night,

With strong hearts full, our souls ignite,When all seems lost in the War of Light,Look to the stars-- For hope burns bright!"

The ring would have made the oath understandable to all. The ring was a universal translator, so it translated the oath into something a bit more .... intelligible.

IC: Umbra [New York City]

"Let's go Soundmaster." Umbra got up, and then walked over to the wall. "Well, the emergency escape is on the other side of this wall, and so is the roof access. How exactly are we supposed to get down?"

I used to have a banner here.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

IC:

"Well, if you can shadow phase when we are up on the roof, then that's be nice. If not, I can create a strong blast of sound down upon me which should stop or slow down my fall. But you have to hang on, and cover your ears."

IC:

Sam dropped to the ground, and he noticed that the construct in which the Professor was in wouldn't be able to hold him much long. Rick's oxygen levels are beginning to come back to normal, but not yet. His brain had began to throb with pain, since that was one effect to him of the deprivation. He didn't mind the burns to him, besides they'd heal in few days.

He readied himself to try to put up another fight by lighting up his fists. Now if only a metal bender could help them in this dire situation.

IC: The sudden change in pressure was indeed enough to largely solidify Professor Thirty-One. As the water vapour from the crystallised on his silver statue of a body, it looked like the heroes might have won.

But then a wry grin appeared on the Professor's face.

Just because he was solid, didn't mean he couldn't move. Mister Thirteen managed it perfectly well. Solidifying him like this only meant his shapeshifting powers were rendered void. Which didn't matter as the shape he'd been frozen into already had those dozens of arms he'd been using to batter the walls of the cylinder. And though they were a little slower than before, nothing was stopping them from continuing that barrage now, hammering at the walls of his prison with all his strength

IC: Magnon perhaps should have put a bit more effort into his plan than "Jump at the alien for the thousandth time". Not that Alesiu was predicting his attacks and doing anything, no, it was just that her forcefield was still in its extended bubble formation, the one that she'd used to push Magnon away not five minutes previously. All Magnon did with his leap was splat into the side of the bubble like a fly on a windscreen

7AOYGDJ.jpg

OOC:

For all members of the Unjust League, a time skip from now to when they get to DC is being enabled in the following. This way, we can start the mission, which I am taking over until Bundalings gets back, as it appears is absent.

GM IC: Equalizer [On the way to Cadmus]

"Like it was said, we are going in covert. We will use the boom tube when we are escaping." Equalizer lay back in her seat, and waited to get to the Cadmus facility.

Some hours later, the van pulled up in front of the Cadmus facility and all inside exited.

IC: Magnon [Kansas]

The Cro-Magnon smashed against the bubble and fell down. Then, he started to pound on the bubble, trying to break through.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

IC:

He was still hammering the cylinder, Samuel could tell. But the pace had changed, it wasn't as much a flurry of blows, as slower, more powerful ones. The strain on his mind was different. But that didn't mean much; he still could only keep the construct solid for a few more minutes...

There are four of us. Samuel reflected, thinking as quickly as he could. Ricardo is more or less out of the fight, and Thirteen can't touch him. Which means that they're both officially liabilities in this skirmish. Heat based attacks don't do anything to this guy except make him worse to fight... But if he's solid, then maybe I can see about breaking him into pieces...

Thirteen and Ricardo should continue on to destroy the remaining machines. Erika should either go with them, or remain here to help me slow him down. But how do I get this across to them, can't text while I'm maintaining this...

There's a trait unique to Tamaraneans. They can gain knowledge through skin contact, be it language, or recent memories. It's a one-way street, but in this case, that was all that was needed. Slowly, he took his left hand away from where it was gripping his head, and touched Erika's arm, near her elbow.

Hopefully she'd understand what he was trying to do.

IC:"Then take the bridge."Erza replied snarkily, using her power to create a small, arching bridge that connected around the wall to the fire escape behind it.

Edited by The Snark Knight

fK5oqYf.jpg

OOC: Well, if there's any inconsistencies with this post, let me know and I'll fix them.

IC: (Alchemist, The Watchtower):

Everyone was out. Or so it seemed. So Trinity spent her time in The Team's quarters. She had found some scrap metal earlier, and had decided to pass the time by using her powers to fashion a smal statue out of it. To be honest, she was bored, and she wanted to know where they others were.

OOC: Trinity, open to interact~

IC:

Seeing Sam just taking the hits, and looking at the chamber, I knew what this guy would want to do. I absorbed the heat from my hands and placed my hand on Thirteen's shoulder. I gave a head ###### to indicate we should go. I went over to Sam and Erika. I placed my hand on his shoulder, and gave a nod. Then I saluted him as a sign to keep strong. If he was telling Erika that she should go with us, then we will need it.

IC:

"Well, that's convenient ," said Sound Master looking at the metal bender. "But this better not be some trap."

Edited by Flaredrick: the Sniper

IC: Umbra [New York City]

"Just go already." Umbra ran along the bridge and then got to the other side. He pulled out a small device and pressed a button on it. This was a call for help.

IC: Red Prince [Watchtower]

'Hey! Trinity, right?' The Red Martian came over to his fellow team member, who was sitting down.

IC: Blue Lantern [beijing]

Norin touched down the ground and turned to everyone else. He put up his hand -specifically, the one with the ring-, and waved it.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

IC:

With that Sound Master gave a quick two figure salute and said, "Have a nice day."

He crossed the bridge trying to catch up to Umbra.

IC:

Ghost sat on a bench looking at Liam talking about some armored wheelchair. Neil just didn't even want to pay attention any more, so he just began cleaning his A-91.

OOC: When Basilisk get's back and is not over run with work, The Committee interaction still needs to move on. But if not, then a time skip can happen.

IC: (Alchemist, Watchtower):

"Yup!" Trinity said jovially, picking up the small metal statue she'd been working on, and chanted, "Quod natura imperfecta reliquerit, non possum perficere."

On-cue with this, the metal statue became engulfed with a shade of light, which vanished as Trinity finished her short spell. The statue had re-formed itself to create a miniature copy of the Martian, which Trinity held out to him, a wide grin on her face.

"Neat, isn't it?"

IC:

Ricardo was gone. Samuel gestured for Thirteen to follow, hoping the metal man got the message. He couldn't do any good here. Judging by her reaction, Erika had received the message. So after a moment, he released her arm, his mind once again his own private space.

Taking a deep breath, he fought his way to his feet and released Thirty One's prison. An energy disc appeared in Samuel's hand, and he hurled it at the metal foe.

fK5oqYf.jpg

'That which has been left imperfect by nature, I cannot complete.' J'Azzon knew what Trinity had said due to his use of telepathy for communication. He picked up the statue with his telekinesis and started to turn it in the air. 'So how did you do this?'

OOC:

Leaguers in Beijing, you might want to read my Blue Lantern posts. He has been there for some time now.

Edited by Canis Lupus

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

IC: (Alchemist, Watchtower):

"Eh, I guess," Trinity replied, mulling over on what she should turn the statue into next, "I just came here since I thought there would be stuff to build and fix."

Trinity muttered the alchemic spell again, and watched the statue become a model of the watchtower. She then thought for a moment to make sure she wasn't forgetting any other reasons, "That, and being in school and stuff was boring. Do they have school and stuff on Mars? If so, that would make Mars boring, wouldn't it?"

'For Greens and Whites, a couple of lower class Reds, there is school. For someone related as closely to the king as I was, you get private tutoring. The king's brother's wife is my biological aunt. I lived in the palace with the other family members of the king. Well, not in the palace itself, but the one of the buildings in the complex."

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

Leaguers in Beijing, you might want to read my Blue Lantern posts. He has been there for some time now.

OOC: Been reading his posts, but he's only actually arrived with the group just now. The post before that he was in the air, high enough to be above the field of silence since he could actually speak. Can't really interact with someone several miles above your head. Plus, well, you're sort of making it hard to interact with. I mean, everyone is focused on the supervillain threat, are they really going to notice someone who lands and just waves? And if they did notice are they going to just take a time out to shake his hand? If you want interaction have him do something, other than float about looking glowy and blue

IC: Since the last machine had been on top of a building, Mister Thirteen assumed the others would be too. Probably to get range. Its what he would do if he had an evil silence machine. So he started climbing up the side of one, grasping onto windown ledges and pipes, shifting shape whenever he needed to reach or grab, but wincing every time his hand exerted too much force. He hadn't expected his fist to...to freeze up like that. That's what it had felt like. Cold. Painful cold. Whatever the copycat down there was made of it did not react well with aluminium...

IC: With the air pressure returning to normal, Thirty-One could begin to thaw. He hadn't unfrozen immediately, that was just basic physics and he hadn't expected to, but he could feel the stiffness leaving him. It was still present though, so the energy disk smashed into one of his arms, shattering it to pieces. Good job he'd grown so many of them before solidifying...

Well, that one was clearly a long-range fighter. The cage, the disks, he'd never tried to get close. Possibly he had limited physical capabilities then...

Thirty-One decided to charge the remained pair of heroes. If he tried keeping things at a distance he'd just get shot to pieces, a frontal assault would force them to split up or get caught by his vast array of limbs. Once they were divided, he'd try to conquer. Go for the female first. She wouldn't be as tired as the male, and therefore was the bigger threat. She needed to be taken out or at least kept off guard. The other one? The recent use of his power should have taxed him, or he wouldn't have bothered taking the prison down, and how long had he been in this current field of silence? Regular humans couldn't last more than half an hour or so, but Thirty-One appreciated there was probably a different limit for superhumans. Still, hopefully the total quiet would be putting his balance off. Perhaps that and the strain would ensure that if he fell down he'd stay down...

So the supervillain charged with all the speed he could muster, his multitudinous arms reaching out for the pair

7AOYGDJ.jpg