• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Is there a de facto leader of the Order?

order leader helryx gone

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Offline fishers64

fishers64
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Kohrak-Kal Shattered

• 4,740 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Jun 22 2013 - 01:16 PM

In Helryx's absence, is there a member that would serve as leader of the Order? Or are all the members off doing their own things?

#2 Offline Taipu1

Taipu1
  • Premier Member
  • Stone Champion Defeated

• 2,782 posts

Posted Jun 22 2013 - 01:45 PM

Bs01 doesn't list any ranks other than Helryx being the leader.  I find it hard to believe they wouldn't have a second in command, and I'd also think whoever it is is sufficiently important for them to have been mentioned at some point.  Therefore, it's probably one of Tobduk, Trinuma, Botar. Jerbraz, Johmak or Hydraxon.  Some of them have obviously died already, but recently enough in storyline that the ranks won't have been updated.  If I were to guess, I'd say Trinuma. 

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't

#3 Offline Infrared

Infrared
  • Outstanding BZPower Citizens
  • Armored Protector

• 323 posts

Posted Jun 22 2013 - 01:52 PM

I believe Tobduk is the second-in-command. When Helryx left Daxia during the war against the Brotherhood, Tobduk was placed in charge, and BS01 describes him as a "senior member" of the OoMN.

#4 Offline DuplexBeGreat

DuplexBeGreat
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 46 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 22 2013 - 01:58 PM

Yeah, probably him or Johmak. I can think of reasons why all the others wouldn't work- Hydraxon's just a jailer, Botar sort of is just the jailer's assistant, Jerbraz is invisible, Tobduk is mentally unstable. We don't have very much characterization for Johmak, or even a definitive picture, but Trinuma isn't terribly important to the main story either, so there's no reason to rule either one out because of that.Edit: I started writing my post before Infrared posted, so I didn't see his post and when I said "him" at the beginning, I meant Trinuma.

Edited by DuplexBeGreat, Jun 22 2013 - 02:00 PM.

I previously had a signature that actually said things, but it was too long horizontally and I'm too lazy right now to reconfigure it to fit on a page. Oh well.

#5 Offline Dorek

Dorek
  • Members
  • Master of Fear Frenzied

• 5,832 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 22 2013 - 03:22 PM

There's no official designation, no. Tobduk seems a pretty good guess; Trinuma always seemed to be in a servile position, but maybe that's just my impression. I don't think Helryx left Daxia very often (if ever) until the war, so it's possible there's no official second-in-command position at all, though I like to think they would have discussed that eventuality for the war.

Edited by Dorek, Jun 22 2013 - 03:27 PM.

Posted Image

#6 Offline Ricardo Mason

Ricardo Mason
  • Members
  • Stone Champion Nuva

• 1,536 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 22 2013 - 04:34 PM

I do remember seeing in BS01 saying he was sitting in Helryx's chair and holding one of her knifes. So I guess he's taking charge of the OoMN for the mean time.

BZPRPG Profiles

Flaredrick Seria - Potas -'Jet Fire' -'Razor'- 'Infector' - Reso 'Vo - Kasrar 'V- Ludvin va Betravo - Vallen Tor - Molvr Kalr

#7 Offline slifer3000

slifer3000
  • Members
  • Armored Protector

• 311 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 22 2013 - 04:36 PM

I like to think of Axonn as a potential contender. 

Want to know how to make a blind Toa cry?

Give him a Kanohi Hau.

#8 Offline fishers64

fishers64
  • Premier Member
  • Kohrak-Kal Shattered

• 4,740 posts

Posted Jun 22 2013 - 07:37 PM

Axonn is off in the same fortress Helryx is, so he can't be running the Order right now.  

#9 Offline Takhamavahu

Takhamavahu
  • Members
  • Submerged!

• 1,117 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 22 2013 - 09:25 PM

They probably have a protocol for that sort of thing, but she hasn't been gone that long and the universe just ended and dumped them out on a new planet, so I don't imagine their beurocracy it particularily efficient with that sort of thing. I think they all have the capacty to work together just fine for a while without needing someone in charge to bark orders at them. Their a pretty close-knit group of teammate, not a military platoon.

#10 Offline Baron Von Nebula

Baron Von Nebula
  • Members
  • Makuta Conquered!

• 567 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 23 2013 - 03:45 PM

I don't know if Tobduk has some official role, but I don't think there are many people who would try to argue with him. :P

Read my comedy, about the Hero Factory villains watching a television channel produced by our Spherus Magnan friends!
The Bionicle Channel

"I expect that when I write my next entry in this chronicle, I will be writing as uncontested ruler of the Brotherhood."
-Certainty, my Memoirs of the Dead entry

#11 Offline Taipu1

Taipu1
  • Premier Member
  • Stone Champion Defeated

• 2,782 posts

Posted Jun 23 2013 - 04:54 PM

I would've expected it to be one of the founding members after Helryx, and Axonn was recruited to it, rather than helping to lead.  Also the order were quite happy to station him on a permanent basis on Voya Nui.  I don't think they'd allow there second most senior member to be stranded on an island for over a thousand years. 

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't

#12 Offline Dralcax

Dralcax
  • Members
  • Defender of Mata Nui

• 2,192 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 23 2013 - 05:35 PM

Probably, they just never addressed it. Because, you know, Helryx isn't dead yet.

Shiverburn_Galaxy_Figures_Close-Up.PNG

#13 Offline Toa Zaz

Toa Zaz
  • Members
  • Conqueror of the Swarm!

• 725 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 25 2013 - 10:08 PM

In the web serials, Tobduk took over for Helryx.

#14 Offline Master Inika

Master Inika
  • Members
  • Tahnok-Kal Overloaded

• 4,457 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 05 2013 - 08:06 PM

Yeah, I assumed Tobduk was second-in-command. He's not likable, but he's the kind who wouldn't deviate from what Helryx wanted.

makusdiary.png

99% of BZPower has grown out of this pointless fad. If you're part of the 1% willing

to cling to it out of an irrational pseudo-nostalgia, copy and paste this into your signature!

#15 Offline DuplexBeGreat

DuplexBeGreat
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 46 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 07 2013 - 03:34 AM

Would he? I mean, he threatened to imprison a member of the Order for an undefined period of time and deliberately let a villain go free just to annoy said Order member.
I previously had a signature that actually said things, but it was too long horizontally and I'm too lazy right now to reconfigure it to fit on a page. Oh well.

#16 Offline Canis Lycaon

Canis Lycaon
  • Members
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 1,320 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 07 2013 - 11:43 AM

I would've expected it to be one of the founding members after Helryx, and Axonn was recruited to it, rather than helping to lead.  Also the order were quite happy to station him on a permanent basis on Voya Nui.  I don't think they'd allow there second most senior member to be stranded on an island for over a thousand years. 

Except he was guarding the Ignika. They didn't just leave him there, he was serving a purpose. A very important one, too. Would the Order have trusted any run of the mill agent to guard the Ignika, or would they have chosen someone they could trust?

I used to have a banner here.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

#17 Offline bonesiii

bonesiii
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Forum Leaders
  • Perpetual Master of Reference

• 18,571 posts
  •   BZP Leader

Posted Jul 07 2013 - 02:09 PM

I think Axonn would be a contender now for a high rank in a the chain of succession; he proved himself over all that time.

But at the beginning he would likely not be very high up.

In other words, things change over time. But we also need to keep in mind that leading an organization requires leadership skills. He had those as a warlord, presumably, but he may be quite rusty now. :P So I think even he would not want to be too near the top except if there was nobody else available.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users