Marvel, Rebirth:

IC: Lynae

Lynae grinned to herself as she pulled off into a mostly abandoned truck stop. She turned toward Kristen after parking, her hand touching her arm a gently, starting to work her glamor.

"Soo... Kristen... Aren't you getting a little bit...drowsy?"

IC: Lynae

Lynae grinned and leaned forward. "That happens.... So just close your eyes and relax... I promise you won't feel it a bit."

Her fangs slowly emerged from her gum and then bit into the soft skin of the girl's tender neck, the blood seeping out.

IC:

"V-v-vampire," Kristen murmured, her eyes opening wide as she saw Lynae's fangs. Kristen wasn't terrified of Lynae draining all the blood from her. After everything she had done to others, her death could be viewed as karmic. Disney-esque, even. What was really making her slowly go into the panic mode was the fangs.

Kristen knew the whole spiel behind vampires (although until a few seconds ago, didn't really believe in them). They looked like humans, couldn't suffer crosses, stakes through the heart, sunlight, holy water, etc. They also pierced your body with their fangs and drank your blood. Fangs=Needles. If there was something that turned a battle-hardened girl who has taken some pretty serious physical punishment (See: Robot Arm) into someone on the verge of breaking down into complete hysteria, it would be needles for Kristen.

"Oh god, your fangs- They're inside my neck. They feel- Just like needles..." Kristen whispered, struggling to get the words to come out while avoiding having her throat torn out on accident. Instead of saying anything else, Kristen just wrapped her arms around Lynae, struggling to remain calm as Lynae fed off her. Remaining calm didn't stop the tears from silently falling down her cheeks though.

IC Damian

It was plainly clear that the giant mechs that had risen out of the sea was heading for the Statue of Liberty.

What wasn't as obvious was that somebody had already gotten there.

Damian, dressed in his tacky white costume, was standing on top of the head of Lady Liberty, looking at the Sleeper that had risen out of the ocean. Clutched firmly in his right hand was the Staff of One, explaining how he had gotten up there in the first place. In his left hand, he held a bolt action rifle he had bought just five minutes ago.

"If somthing doesn't distract that thing," Damian thought, "It's gonna break down this statue, and then take down the rest of New York!" Making sure that didn't happen was what Damian was here to do. Strapping the staff to his back, he loaded the rifle, took aim, and fired for the mecha'a chest. "Even if it's out of range, it probably should have picked up that sound." looking down at the rolled up sleeve of his left arm, the gash that he had cut into his arm was still bleeding. "That should provide enough blood to let me fly..."

IC:

"You look... Very good for your age," Kristen said, allowing herself to be entranced by Lynae's appearance for a moment more before refocusing on the conversation at hand.

"I'm sorry... You're hungry aren't you?" Kristen asked, momentarily avoiding Lynae's gaze, "You could... You could try again. I promise I wont freak out this time."

IC:

"I live in the school where everyone has the capacity to kill each other at-will. We currently have a headmaster who killed his own son because it suited him, then probably killed him again when he came back to life. I myself got my arm cut off by a student who had a particular... Disagreement when the previous headmaster died," Kristen said, her tone a steely sort of serious, "If you're hungry, you should feed off of me now rather than later."

Staff IC:

The Sleeper unsurprisingly took no notice of the insignificant attack by Damian's sniper rifle. The monstrous, mechanical construct pay no mind to the mutant as it leaped onto Liberty Island, a massive arm flung vertically downwards toward the Statute of Liberty, striking it with tremendous force. The damage caused by this was naturally quite extensive, a large dent now visible on the statue's chest. It started to lean backwards as it slowly was ripped from it's very foundation.

The statue was coming down.

IC: Ashley

​Ashley panted heavily, practically stumbling her way down the hall. She had been running wild throughout the mansion for the past fifteen minutes, spreading her flowers wherever she could.

"I...need...." She took a deep breath in. "....sugar!"

She wearily searched for Dallas, not quite certain where he'd gone off too. The sound of a running chainsaw gave her a descent clue however, and she went towards the source.

Edited by A billion cats

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC Damian

"Crses! Well, nothing I can do now." As the statue was being ripped out by the roots, Damian jumped off, grabbed the Staff of One off of his back, and activated its power. "Fly me to the docks!" Damian yelled, and the Staff complied, turning Damian's fall into a quick glide, headed for the Liberty Island docks. "Is this supposed to be symbolic?" Damian thought.

IC:

"It's starting to look familiar... But this doesn't really make sense," Kristen said, looking outside the car as they drove along. She appeared quite frustrated, and certainly confused.

"What the ###### am I doing in Yonkers!?" Kristen exclaimed, just as they passed the sign for the city limit.

Edited by Durandal Years

IC: Aella

I wasn't sure what sort of emergency was going on, but with both John and that strange woman about to leave my curiosity rose, my nightmare nearly forgotten.

I slowly rose from the couch, my head pounded in protest at the movement but I ignored it. Everyone seemed so flustered or confused that they didn't seem to notice as I crept away and headed toward the door. I wanted to get a good look at the outside when the sun was actually up...heck I wanted to actually see the sun.

IC: Scorcher

"Sorry if I made you uncomfortable," Kane grunted. Not hearing Magnitude but feeling the tension. "I thought you'd be used to my strange humor by now."

He looked around the dark sanctuary before squeezing his fist as suddenly a light blue flame covered his hand, illuminating the room. "Yo, anyone in here?"

OOC: permission to make a mutant NPC to interact with Scorcher and Magnitude?

OOC: I have no objections.

IC:

"I'm not sure that the Engineer from a game like Team Fortress 2 is the best example to follow." The former Weapon replied drily, rolling her eyes affectionately. "They're the ones that tend to practice percussive maintenance."

IC:

"Oi, you two. No wandering off."

Tera spoke up from her corner, where she'd been largely unnoticed by the group at large. Her eyes were riveted to her phone, as they had been for the past twenty minutes, watching first hand accounts scream in. The thing about the social media phenomenon was that while traditional news was great, and military reports were better, nothing was faster. In fact, it was possible that, if you were far enough away, you'd get reports of an earthquake across electronic means almost a minute before the earthquake itself hit.

And so it was that, just as the SHIELD agents were getting their official reports, she'd gotten a text from her parents, describing the situation in full from within New York City. With each word, her face visibly paled, her mouth setting itself in a flat, grim line. As the agents began their planning, she raised her head and began calmly pulling on her shoes, gathering her own belongings, clearly intending to be on the move soon.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: Aella

I cringed as I Trinity gave away our positions, only to cringe further when I heard Tera's voice.

"We were just gonna take a look outside..." I said as innocently as possible. To my surprise Tera's attention seemed to be occupied elsewhere, her focus almost completely on the screen in her hand. I crept closer to her as she put on her shoes and started gathering her stuff. Was she leaving too?

"What's the matter? Why's your face so pale?" Something was up, I could see it on everyone's faces except for mine and Trin's. I didn't like the feeling of being out of the loop.

OOC: Approved by Tyler.

IC (???)
MJ-00 was a patient man, a careful man. It came with the territory really, one did not seek to change the fate of humanity in any effective manner if one was not careful, cold and very precise. There were four questions he always asked himself, every day.
Who am I?
A desperate man.
What do I want?
Security, for myself and humanity.
How do I get it?
Pulled strings, bullets in the night and a hidden hand.
What happens if I fail?
Armageddon.
It was a useful little exercise, it certainly laid out the dire stakes in the game he was playing. No one knew for certain how long the game had existed, the game of shadows, lies and deception. It had been played by just about everyone at one point or another, so far as MJ-00 was concerned, on this little scrap of dirt it had been around since that first primitive life form swam in the primordial seas. The secret of survival was part and parcel to the game, one did not need to be the fastest, the strongest, own the shiniest toys or even be the most intelligent…one merely had to know how to lie, how to hide, how to pick and choose their battles. As the Chinese master had said, all warfare was deception.
And this was certainly a war, though few knew the stakes. Sometimes though, the war picked up in intensity. The file before him might as well have been that final, fateful ace needed to complete a hand. He looked up, into the shadowed faces splayed out on the screen before him. “You have confirmed this?”
MJ-05 answered.
“We’ve tested the samples hundreds of times. With different personal every time, some of them were told nothing beforehand. The result was the same.”
MJ-00 nodded. “I see. Then we have no choice. 09, activate the New York cell.”
MJ-09 coughed. “That might not be wise, a crisis has arisen we-“
MJ-00 waved his hand. “There is a certain Chinese symbol, composed of two characters; one part stands for crisis. The other for opportunity. Am I understood?”
MJ-11 couldn’t resist commenting. “Loot a burning house.”
MJ-09 sighed. “If that is the decision of this committee…”
“It is.”
“Very well, the New York cell will be activated. The package will be secured. Pray for them. They will need it.”
Edited by Basilisk

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

John Harken- Safe House

IC: "Wait," John said to Persephone. "Do you think you could take me with you? I've been called in as well, but I currently lack fast enough transportation to get there in time. You won't have to worry about protective flight gear for me, my powers can take care of that."

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC:

"Hydra's attacking New York." Tera said was surprising calm, tying her shoes with a final tug. A second glance at her phone turned her emotionless face into a scowl, and it was no mystery why; every flight towards the city was, unsurprisingly, canceled. She needed to get there. But how?

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

IC:

"The HYDRA-people... Like the place we were at?" Trinity asked, glancing at Aella. She displayed a true lack of concern or anything of the like for what Tera had said, surprisingly.

"Well, can't we just go there, in like a car or something? I'm sure it wouldst be that hard to make the HYDRA-people stop what they're doing," Trinity said, almost nonchalantly.

IC:

"Not that simple, Trinity. It's too far to drive, by the time I get there, it'll around be done, and hundreds of deaths that maybe I could have helped stop." Tera paused, staring at her phone again.

"I need to get there before a mecha Godzilla wannabe trashes my home, and my parents are caught in the crossfire." She paused long enough to glare at Mikhail. "I'm not a minor."

Edited by Simon the Digger

fK5oqYf.jpg