BZPRPG - Po-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC:

"Indeed, going outside seems like the best idea for all of us right now." Jerin nodded at Farzan and at Gatanka, before stepping outside - his position and bulk essentially forcing Talinka and Stronin out before him. Once they were all outside, Jerin stood in what little shade he could find, stroking his chin.

"So, I suppose we need both introductions and information. I'm Jerin, and I'm sure you would like to know what it is I'm getting on about with what I was telling Farzan in there about?"

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC: Haruru

Haruru sat in his seat with his eyes closed tightly and his chin resting on one of his fists. He was engrossed by the sounds of mechanical parts moving beneath the railroad car which he and his present company were currently traveling in. While at first he was worried that the noise would annoy him, he slowly found the symphony of sounds produced by slight bumps and rhythmic wheel turns to be surprisingly soothing.  As he slowly started to drift towards falling asleep, he was shaken awake by the voice of Onamazu speaking to him. 

"I...uh...er..." He blurted out before composing himself and quietly clearing his throat. "Ah, well, I've been wandering around the shores of the island by myself for quite a few years now.  It can be a bit lonely at times, but at least it's generally peaceful. I stopped by Ga-Koro since I was nearby and wanted to get a short break from the solitude. Its, uh, actually the first time in quite a while that I've traveled with a group of Toa..."

For a moment after trailing off, Haruru gazed towards nothing in particular. A few seconds slowly ticked by before he managed to shake off whatever memory had interrupted his previous train of thought.  

"So...if it's not too much for me to ask...what about you?" Haruru said to Onamazu in an attempt to change the subject. "What was your past like and what business happened to bring you to the village of water?"

IC Onamazu

"I am an orphan. The suburb of Onu-Koro I was born in burnt down when I was young. My family, friends and dozens of others died. A ta-turaga named Baldr ran through the inferno, looking for survivors. I was the only one. He saved me and raised me, eventually gifting me his toa stone. He was a real hero, one that did not think of his own safety, void of selfish intentions. After the fire, his health declined. Ten years after, he died."

She shifts in her seat.

"He taught me how to use my powers and tried to shelter me. After he died I knew I had to continue his legacy. I moved to Ga-Koro for a change of scenary. Several weeks of observation unveiled nothing, until I met with all you."

...but close to it

IC: Oliphko (Po-Koro)

As I walked on the street, I noticed someone.. strange. I wasn't certain of his species, but he seemed like a Rahkshi, but I'm sure he wasn't one. I've seen Rahkshi before, when they attacked Po-koro many moons ago, so I know what they look like. My imagination is running wild right now; what if he's a member of an ancient race? What if he is a Toa mutated by the Makuta? What if he's just a weird-looking Vortixx? The possibilities are endless,so I'm tempted to talk to him. Maybe he can read the text on the scroll? Of cource, there is a problem: I'm not very good at talking to strangers. But I'm a Toa now, and I should be more confident.  Well, I don't know how to use my powers, so I'm not really a Toa.. more like a Matoran in disguise..

I try to ignore those unpleasant thoughts, and walk to the strange person. His armour is orange and silver, and his back is curved. I'm not sure what to say at first, and just stand there awkwardly. Then, I get his attention by asking "Um.. Hello there. Could you.. erm, help me with this?" and showing the scroll that is in my grasp.

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

IC: Gatanka

Gatanka looked to the Toa of Crystal before shifting the bandolier sporting his weapon and scratching the back of his head.

"I'm in need of a replacement wrench."

IC: Farzan (Farzan's Workshop)

"Alright, now that the machinery is gone, let's get you that monkey wrench"

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: Oliphko (Po-koro)

"Um.. yeah, a translation. Do you happen to know anyone with a Rau, perhaps, or can you translate it yourself?" I still want to ask him about what he is, because he looks so strange. He looks like a Rahkshi, but obviously isn't one. And actually, an easier version to read sounds good, because this ink has been written on cloth, that has.. spoiled a little over the years. "And, ah, could you copy this on something more readable?" 

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

IC: 88

"I don't know anyone with a Rau, sorry. You sure are lucky you came to Po-Koro, since I own a copying and printing shop here. I can copy it for free, but I'll need some sort of payment for when I make the text more readable. Let's go to my place and talk business, okay?"

I HATE SCORPIOS

~Pohatu Master of Stone, 2015

IC: Oliphko (Po-koro)

"S-sure," I say and follow him. He enters a domed hut, typical here in Po-koro. There's a large, complex-looking machine there. "I.. I suppose this does the printing?" I ask, while knowing that the answer is likely to be 'yes'. He nods, and I decide to talk about the printing. "So, um, I just need this text copied, I would like the text to remain unchanged." I wonder how I can find a Rau-wearing person. I'm not even sure what the mask looks like, actually. Maybe he does? "Oh, and, could you, um, draw a Kanohi Rau? I'm not sure what they look like"

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

IC: Talinka Quine

We stared at the strangers before us, one at a time...but that started to get really boring. 

"We are Talinka Quine, we used to be the princess of Cry-koro, a village that existed below that dirty village of dirt Onu-koro many millennia ago. We were encased in solid paragon for a really long time before someone from that dirty village found us." We sighed. 

"Now we have no home and we're sad." 

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

"Ah, in that case I'll just copy it now."

88 looked over the scroll he had been given and placed it open on a table, using rocks to hold it. He brought down a piece of thin cloth over the scroll so he could see the scroll through the cloth. A jolt of lightning bounced from 88's extended palm onto the cloth, and he began to sear an exact copy of the ink on the scroll onto the cloth above it. 88 focused on his task with a deadly precision, and several minutes later, the cloth looked exactly like the scroll. He then took several same sized pieces of cloth and glued the edges of each together. This time, the lightning from 88's hand burned through the cloth, and he carefully concentrated on it so it would not catch fire. 88 took the stack of paper to a large vertical vice, and he clamped them down.

"It will take a while for them to be stuck into a stamp I can use to make a copy. In the mean time, why don't you go look for someone with a Rau? The great version looks like this, and the noble version looks like this." 88 sketched pictures of each in the sand. 

I HATE SCORPIOS

IC: Oliphko (Po-Koro)

For a moment, I was afraid that he would burn the scroll, but it was fine. I then looked at his drawings on the sand. "Oh, thank you," I said, and tried to memorize how each mask looked like. My memory isn't that bad, thankfully. While we waited for the stamp to get stuck (the copying was a rather fascinating process, and now I know that he has the powers of lightning), I finally asked the question I've been wanting to ask for a while: "Erm, what exactly are you? Now, don't get offended, but you look.. strange." I hope that he won't get angry or anything, but so far he seems like a pleasant and calm person, so it's unlikely.

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

"Yeah, I know I look a bit strange. Almost like a Rahkshi, right? Well, I have only had one interaction with a Rahkshi before- and it was a good one. I don't know much about them, but I found one lost in the wilderness when I was a Matoran. It must have been low level, or else it would have attacked me. It had been injured, so I helped it out and nursed it back to health. Within time, we had formed a bond. I provided the Rahkshi with help, food and protection, and the Rahkshi did the same for me. Several months later, I decided to go back to my home with the Rahkshi. The morning we planned to go, the Rahkshi was gone. I searched all over for it, or rather him. I found him on the ground in a clearing, heavily injured. He had put up quite a fight, but whatever attacked him was easily able to overpower him due to his low level. Muaka tracks led out of the clearing, and I knew what had happened at once. I knelt down near the hurt Rahkshi, and he stared at me with sorrow in his eyes. I helped him up and we walked back to the hut we had made as a shelter for our time lost in the wilderness of Mata Nui. We gathered our things, and I helped him walk with me. A while later, though, I heard a noise. A flash of yellow and black burst from the trees and tackled me. The Muaka had me pinned to the ground, and stood no chance against its gaping maw. The Rahkshi shot a burst of chain lightning that zapped the Rahi. The Muaka's attention was diverted to the Rahkshi now, who shot a bolt of chain lightning that bounced from tree to tree, forming a cage around the beast. However, it broke free and lunged at me. The Rahkshi dodged in front and took the full force of the blow. His final action was to use all of his power to incinerate the organs of the Muaka, which dropped dead. The Rahkshi's already bad injuries were now grave wounds, and I held his hand as his Kraata turned to dust. This Rahkshi was a hero- it saved my life. I had seen Toa before this, but the Rahkshi was more of a hero than anyone I'd ever seen. I took the glowing stone from my back and held it in my hand. It was a Toa stone, and I don't know how the Rahkshi got it, but it was obviously for me. Suddenly, I began to glow and transform. My blue and yellow color scheme changed to a yellow and silver color scheme, and my Kadin changed shape to look like a Rahkshi head. My back curved over and my feet appeared more claw-like. I abandoned my old name in favor of a new one- 88, the number of weeks I spent with the Rahkshi. A few weeks later, I was at the beach during a heavy rainstorm. As I was preparing to leave, the dune I was on collapsed into the ocean and I cannot remember anything from then until when I washed ashore on the Po-Wahi beach. I think I used to live near Ga-Koro. Oh, look at that- the stamp is done and ready for use!"

88 secured the stamp to the printing press, and placed a blank scroll beneath. He applied ink to the stamp and with one massive  slam! the scroll looked exactly like the original one, but less faded. 88 handed the copy to Oliphko. 

"I think I might have to start charging for these... Anyways, here you go! Thanks for listening to my story, too. Oh, by the way, if you have any widgets, I'll gladly accept them. I have to buy paper and ink somehow, after all."

I HATE SCORPIOS

IC: Recovers from the knock out and starts patrolling Po-Wahi.

"Lets see if we can find some trouble."

Onuark then searches for the fabled Kanohi Arma which gives the ability to destroy anything however it also slowly corrupts the wearer as stated in a tablet he was given by a strange Matoran. 

"This will be my ultimate test to become a true toa!"

"No no, not a monkey wrench." He gestured with his fingers, ignoring the quips from the being who had entered the shop behind him. "Small adjustment wrench. One-point-three-centimetres." 

He produced Thunderous' maintenance kit and gestured to the empty slot where the wrench in question might've been.

IC: Haruru

"Oh...I'm...so sorry..." Haruru replied solemnly before releasing a small sigh "I'm sure I could never truly understand what that must have been like for you, but I can understand lose. The pain of the past always stays with you and it never really gets any easier to handle. The allies, the close friends, the loves long lost..."

For just a moment, Haruru again seemed trapped in a world of his own. Shaking his head slightly, he came to, focusing his thoughts back on those before him.  

"But even though the past follows you wherever you go, you just have to keep moving forward. Never stop." He said with small, soft, smile that still retained a tinge of sadness.

"Never stop trying to push on. Never stop making new allies and new friendships. " 

Unable to think of anything else meaningful to say, Haruru turned his attention to staring out the nearest window.  He slightly zoned out once more as he gazed upon the sandy landscape that was quickly whizzing by.

IC Onamazu

"Thank you for your words, but I have come to terms with my losses. After all, that tragedy led to my empowerment as a toa and hero... Maybe the priest was right when he said that heroes only exist in opposition to tragedy and evil."

The mahi gradually slows, outside the windows, Po-Koro can be seen. A sprawling city of stone buildings, quarries in the distance and large buildings for work on the outskirts. Distant low rumbling of machinary can be felt more than heard.

"Well, it seems we're close to arriving..."

...but close to it

OOC: From Le-Wahi.

IC: Kelz and Ryza

The Wayward Wind finally limped into Leva Bay. It hadn't been a good journey. They'd only passed by one village, and it seemed to be under siege. Now, with nothing in sight but rock and desert, Kelz had been forced to put ashore in the bay, which was at least a safe place to stop the ship and make repairs. 

"I already don't like this island," Ryza dropped down from the rigging and landed beside him, "and now that it's a desert, I absolutely hate it." 

"Love you too, sis," Kelz muttered, vaulting over the railing and landing in the soft sand of the beach. "There's got to be a village somewhere nearby..." 

OOC: Open to interaction. 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Oliphko (Po-koro)

I wasn't expecting him to start telling a full life story, but I didn't mind when he did. I love stories, so I sat down and listened him eagerly. Usually, when people babble long tales about something, their listeners either pretend to be interested by nodding and mumbling "yeah" every now and then, or start looking like a Rahi inside a cage, looking for escape. But I'm different: I'm interested about people and their stories about life, so I simply look at the person with an encouraging expression that says "I care, go on!" I've alway been like that. I still remember listening to the legend of Mata Nui as Onewa (may he rest in peace) narrated it near a roaming campfire. I was always one of the most eager listeners, and I still am.

After a while, he finished his fascinating and tragic story about a pet Rahkshi and his transformation into a Toa. His new name was apparently "88", which is strange, but a way to honour the memory of his pet. I never knew that Rahkshi could be good too! Although he might be lying.. which doesn't matter much, because the story is interesting either way. He gave me a copy of the scroll, and the symbols were much clearer. I thanked him, and handed a dozen credits. "That was a nice story, 88. Oh, and my name is Oliphko. It was a pleasure to meet you, and I hope that our paths will, um, cross again." I left his hut, and took my leave. Not sure where I'll head next..

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

IC Vine

Vine walked into Farzan's shop.

"Your lawn is pitiful," he said. "Or rather, your lack of one. Pity that grass can't grow in the Po-Koro sand."

He looked at each of the others in the shop with a curious look.

"No no, not a monkey wrench." He gestured with his fingers, ignoring the quips from the being who had entered the shop behind him. "Small adjustment wrench. One-point-three-centimetres." 

He produced Thunderous' maintenance kit and gestured to the empty slot where the wrench in question might've been.

My eye lenses narrowed as I immediately recognized the empty slot. Filling that hole shouldn't take long.

"Kreff, pinch that pitiful guy" I added when an apparently pitiful person entered the shop. Not soon after, as I found a wrench for Gatanka, an Ussal claw reached out towards Vine's leg.

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: Stronin

Blood oaths. Right. Stronin had some bad experiences with them in the past, but it probably shouldn't ... hurt too much?

He clenched his fist, metal extending from his fingers and pricking into his palm to draw blood. Ack, that was a bit more painful than he thought.

"If I get some disease I'm expecting you to foot the hospital bills."

IC Onamazu

The quartet of toa disembark. The long train ride has brought them to Po-Koro's Iron Mahi station. Larger and more populated than it's counterpart on the coast. It hums with the subsonic tones of machinary, dozens of matoran (and even several exotic races like skakdi, vortixx and lesterlin) unloading, loading or moving crates of food, supplies or parts from the Mahi.

"The Koro has grown since I last came here. I think we'll need to find a local of some sort to guide us."

...but close to it

IC: The Toa Shaydas.

"Rocks..."Panyk stifled a yawn, "and sand. And some smaller rocks."

"Shut up," Chavara snapped, "try, just for once in your life, not to complain about every little thing."

Beside her, Onic said nothing. He was busy surveying their surroundings through his one good eye, and waiting to hear where they would go next.

Edited by NatoGreavesy

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC Fotioks:

A small Su-Matoran leaves a bar and walks toward the train.

Kopaka, the coolest(Pun intended) Ko-Toa ever:

Comic_Blizzard_Blade_In_Use.png      

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

IC:

A blood oath? Wow, she really must be crazy...oh well, I might as well humour her. Allies will be needed along this journey. Jerin looked down to the hammer hanging from his belt, frowning. He had forgotten to bring a simple knife along with him, and he'd probably need to get one. Although, considering that the man standing next to him was a Toa of Iron...

"Could you make me a knife really quick?" Jerin asked Stronin, feeling slightly sheepish for his lack of one. "Also, yeah. Blood-borne diseases, hospital bills, things of that nature. As the one who initiated this, it's up to you to pay all the bills, Talinka."

profiles i guess

IC: Talinka Quine

"We don't see the point of scratching one's back, but OK." We took out our mighty spadroon and made a small cut on our palm. 

"Let's take a blood oath!" 

IC Vine

The ussal's claw ended up pinching a piece of wood rather than Vine's leg. Vine stared down at his tree sword which was now caught in a tug of war between him and a crab.

The Lesterin picked up the wrench and began examining it, ensuring it fit into the slot in his case. He nodded.

"This will suffice," he said quietly, carefully placing the wrench back on the counter. "How much do I owe?"

"Twenty" I replied absent-mindedly as my attention was drawn towards the multi-faceted (ha ha) Kru-Toa and her discouraging declaration.

Finally emerging from behind the counter, my field of vision instantly lowering to where I was at everyone else's waist-height, I stepped outside the shop to take the botanist enthusiast society for a closer inspection.

"I'm afraid I'm not very big on promises"

Inside, Kreff tightened his grip on Vine's wooden sword, and continued entertaining the tug-of-war.

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC:

Jerin turned to the Matoran, somewhat surprised that he would opt out of joining in on the oath (and, based on his earlier behaviour, somewhat not surprised at all). However, based on the way he acted that Jerin had already seen - and how many people on this island were anyways - the Toa of Earth felt that he had the perfect way to get Farzan to join in. An appeal to his pride.

"That's okay, Farzan," Jerin said, his tone of voice no different from the friendly tone he'd been using earlier. "A little one like you is probably too small to help in the rebuilding of this Toa's village, anyways."

profiles i guess

IC: Farzan

"Who said anything about rebuilding a village? I thought we were looking for a rare plant." I looked up at him with an unreadable mask covering my face on top of the mask I always wore.

"It's the blood oath I had a problem with. I could scarcely imagine little me could spare as much blood as the lot of you all could scrounge up. I gotta make sure I don't lose any brainpower."

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...