Bzprpg - Ga-Wahi

Friar Tuck

IC: Onuzek

It was time.

It had been almost half a week, but now all the elements were in place. All of the pieces were set. It was time to begin. Onuzek was seated on the cave floor, crossed legged. Before the gigantic Toa lay a being, eyes closed, and apparently sleeping. Or dead. Either way, it was quite strange to see such a thing inside the lightstone-lit cave. Especially considering Onuzek was just staring at it. Unmoving. Completely focused on the task that lay ahead.

The low lighting just barely made one able to make out the sleeping Toa's purple armor, the strong features of the Kanohi Miru, and the dual-headed staff strapped to his back. His name was Fehlan, or used to be. Fehlan was technically dead, a spirit driven to insanity and left to drift through the island, invisiable to all. But Onuzek didn't need the mind, no, that was a disposable thing, he needed the body.

His infected Pakari was no longer fixed upon his face, the strength-giving mask having since been replaced by another rusted Kanohi. It had taken time for him to gain enough experience to activate the new mask of power, and even more time to master its use, but no, he was ready. With a slow breath, Onuzek closed his eyes, letting the power of the Kanohi Iden flow through him. A second later, the Ba-Toa felt the strange sensation of detachedness, as his spirit broke free of its bonds to the physical world.

And there he was, floating above his own body, which slumped to the floor with the lack of being to inhabit it. With a thought, Onuzek shifted his view towards the second purple-armored Toa there. Onuzek would have to act quickly, or the Infection would wear off in his maskless form. With another thought, he entered the body of Fehlan, and for the first time in over fifteen years, the body opened its eyes. The orange orbs burned from under the purple Kanohi, which, despite appearances, was actually Infected as well.

Now, it began.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC: Skyra - Deep with in some horrid cave, Ga-Wahi -

I had long since given up on doing anything, at all. On my back I lay against the hard cold stone of the cave. My fingers were dried with blood and very raw, they were numb at the tips, but the pain I felt from them was near excruciating. I decided that trying to claw through solid rock had been a bad idea. Though any sane being could of told me that, I wasn't what you'd call in the clearest state of mind, being quite claustrophobic and all, and on top of that I had little to no strength left, especially without a mask.

I wished that someone who just let me out of this karz forsaken cave, heck I wouldn't of cared if it was Onuzek at this point.

Edited by Snelly Bieber

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC (Jin)

It took me about three seconds to get tired of Dor's little get-together with an old buddy. What was his name- Preggos? Whatever. Dor didn't both introducing me, and I didn't particularly want to be introduced anyway, so I kept walking, knowing that Captain Cheekbones would catch up when he was done.

That me off, to be quite honest. Who did he think he was, tagging along when we both knew he'd slink away in the end? Dragging his rear in the sand when we had places to be, and after we completed our assignment, he'd be gone. Couldn't he at least show me the decency of pretending like he was half-interested in doing this job? If he couldn't, he might as well have just ditched then and there and let me go on alone.

I'd thought a lot of things about Dorian when I'd first met him. I'd thought he was a fighter. I'd thought he was a bad boy, one of those tough guys who don't take nothing from nobody. I'd thought he was strong. All of these guesses turned out to be wrong.

Dor wasn't bad, not even a bit. Oh sure, he put on the face when it suited him, but, when the chips were down, he was a coward. He wasn't a fighter; he was a lover, and he just used his merc persona to get chicks into his bed.

He wasn't strong. He was weak. He was weak enough to let Heuani take advantage of him, and he was weak enough to need me to carry him out on my back. He was weak enough to let Brykon beat him a fight, and to go down sobbing. He was weak enough to cry at memories and drown himself in things he couldn't change.

He was weak enough to weep, like a fricken' little girl. Dorian Shaddix wasn't the devil he made himself out to be, far from it. I'd known this in the back of my head for awhile, but had ignored it, pretending that he was still the sexy scrapper the whole island had come to know and love. But that night, aboard the ship as we sailed around the horn of Le-Wahi... all karz had broken loose, and I'd seen him for who he really was.

This was our last mission together, and we both knew it. I half-turned as I heard footsteps behind me, and saw Dor, all fresh and sparkly again, healed up nice and pretty. That just made me angrier, for some reason. He was getting out of this karz-pit, getting his life back, even getting his good looks back, like nothing that had happened before even mattered. You couldn't tell he'd been in a brawl with a Toa of Shadow; there wasn't a bruise to show he'd gone toe-to-toe with Brykon; there wasn't a hair out of place by which someone could know he'd drank his fill and more the night before of tears and booze and drowned himself in the ghosts of his past.

I didn't say anything, just kept moving. I just wanted to get all this over with; the sooner this Turaga was dead, the sooner I could part ways with Dorian Shaddix, the man who kept reminding me how much I'd done for him, and yet how much wrong I was willing to do to the island at large. The man who kept reminding me of who I used to be.

It wasn't fair. But, then, life never is. I've never been the kind of girl to complain about how the cookie crumbles; that's just not me. Things happen, and you can't do a thing in karz to change it. That's why we were both making our way to Ta-Koro, to do something neither of us had ever guessed we'd do, and why we'd be splitting afterwards, him going his way, and I going mine. I didn't know where he was planning on going, or who he'd end up with; all I knew was that the sooner he was gone, the happier I'd be.

OOC: Jin and Dorian to Ta-Wahi.

OOC: Will use different color... For reasons... :3

IC: "Fehlan" Onuzek

The Toa of Gravity moved his new body into a sitting postion, testing out its capabilities. The body's spine clicked as it moved under its own energy for the first time in over a decade. The muscles were stiff from disuse, and a bit of rust had started to form on the joints. But, all in all, the body had been taken care of nicely. Good, it would speed things up greatly. Timing was critical now. Sharp spikes of pain suddenly shot up Onuzek's arms as he attempted to push himself to a standing position.

That... Would complicate things. This body was very weak from lying in stasis, and the sensation of lacking in physical strength was something he would have to adjust to. This body probably wasn't as durable, he would have to take things slow. His elemental power still worked, so that was a plus. With a mental tug on his elemental power, Onuzek carried himself into the air, floating limply above the ground like a puppet. And that's just what this is, isn't it? A puppet.

With a grunt, stale air was forced out of dried lungs, and Onuzek lowered himself to the ground slowly, keeping his gravity at about a third of what it really should be. He experimentally took a step forward, and managed to only just catch himself with his elemental power before he hit the ground. Yes, this may take a bit longer than expected. The second attempt at walking worked better, and soon he was able to move at a moderate speed around the cave. At a third of normal gravity, of course.

But already, his muscles were beginning to warm, his heartlight flashed more regularly as the body remembered moving. His hand curled into a tight fist as Onuzek brought his hand up to observe the limb. Strong, dexterous, much better than his old body. Yes, this was what he needed. A scare ran from his temple across his eye, while his left shoulder armor seemed to have been melted and then reforged. All of it he took in. For now, this would be his body. It was only an hour later that Onuzek was able to walk without aid of his powers, and now was the time for him to start.

Using his Kanohi, as he was still inable to use his elemental powers at range, Onuzek lifted a boulder into the air. A bit of altered gravity later, and the stone was sent flying against the wall. The impact echoed through the cave, and hopefully getting a certain Toa of Air's attention. With that finished, the Ba-Toa withdrew the double-bladed staff, and struck the cave wall repeatedly.

To anyone not watching, it sounded like fighting was taking place within the cave.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

I very loud sound of rock crashing against rock shocked me out of my state of unconsciousness, not to mention the shaking from the impact. I became very alert almost immediately, despite how weak and weary my body was. Then I began to hear more sounds of rock being struck by some object, or maybe even someone. The only logical concussion I could come up with is that there was some sort of fight just outside the cave. My heart skipped a beat and began to pump much faster, it had to be my one of my friends coming to my rescue, or maybe even several of them. Was it Merror? Havon? Tillian? Liara? All of the above? It didn't really matter who it was to me honestly, I just prayed to Mata Nui that whoever it was that they'd win the battle and get me the karz out of here.

A horrible thought came across my mind, what if they didn't know I was behind this boulder? It might look as if it was part of the wall for all I knew, I had to make sure they knew I was in here, I tried to shout, but my voice was hoarse and quite weak, more like the squeak of a mouse. It was all I could manage right now.

Despite the screaming pain in my body I began to get up, I started to beat on the rock as hard as I could, which wasn't very hard at all, but it was loud enough that when the fighting stopped...whoever won the fight would notice it.

Edited by Snelly Bieber

The sounds of apparent battle studdenly stopped, the abrupt change in noise level making Skyra pause for a moment in her desparate beating of the boulder. There was a moment of complete silence. And another. The seconds passing by like hours. Untill, suddenly, the gigantic boulder blocking Skyra's escape shuddered, almost as if a great strain was being lifted. There was another moment of silence, before the massive rock slowly lifted off the ground, floating away from the tunnel enterance it had been blocking.

There, standing in there doorway was a purple-armored Toa, but he wasn't Onuzek. A staff was strapped to his back, and his outstretched hands were glowing in a purpleish light as he used his elemental energy to move the boulder. With a low thud, the rock was set back on the ground, and the Toa turned to look at Skyra. His Great Miru frowning in apparent concern as his eyes flicked over the Le-Toa.

"Are you alright?" he asked, his voice bearing the slightest Ta-Koroan accent.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

I had fallen over onto my face as the boulder gave away, as I had been leaning against it, I looked up weakly at my rescuer...who was this guy anyway? I seriously had been expecting someone I knew to come to my rescue, not a complete stranger.

"Are you alright?" he asked, his voice bearing the slightest Ta-Koroan accent.

I was tempted to be snarky and say 'Do I look alright?'. But I decided that being rude to the one who had just freed me from my prison was not the wisest idea. Plus I felt very grateful. "N-no..." I said hoarsely and in almost a whisper. "I need...my mask..." If I at least had my mask again I probably would at least be able to sit up.

Edited by Snelly Bieber

The Ba-Toa knelt down next to Skyra, gently rolling the Toa of Air over and pulling her into a slightly sitting postion. From there, he reached around, and came up with Skyra's Great Hau. The Toa placed it on Skyra's face, and helped the Le-Toa up a bit more. It was now, that Onuzek was glad he had time to get used to this smaller form, as everything was so much... bigger now.

"I'm going to get you out of here," he stated, apparently waiting for Skyra to say it was okay to start moving.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

The moment the Ba-Toa placed my Hau back onto my face I immediately felt a surge of energy rush through my body, I sighed in relief, feeling much stronger than before. Though I was still in a lot of pain, and quite dehydrated and famished, my fingers were so numbed, raw and bloody as they were, that I had lost all feeling on the tips of them. I leaned on the Ba-Toa heavily. "Thank you..." I said in a much stronger voice, though it was still a bit hoarse and dry. As we started moving I realized something important, I needed my weapons...I would not leave those behind. "Wait! I need my katanas...um...mister?" I realized that this Toa hadn't given me his name yet, though neither had I.

Edited by Snelly Bieber

The Toa of Gravity gave a small smile, a hint of good humor showing through his concern. "Fehlan," he answered, before rising to his feet, carrying Skyra with him as he did so. The purple-armored Toa supported Skyra with an arm wrapped around her, before motioning with his free hand. Two silverly blades floated into view of the lightstone-light, before making their way over to the two Toa. "These?" he asked, glancing back at Skyra, "Found them along with that mask."

The limited lighting made seeing anything a challange, and all Skyra really got from her rescuer was the hints of purple armor and a streamlined Miru.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

I grasped onto the blades with my right hand, my left currently clutching to Fehlan so I wouldn't fall over. I hugged my sheathed katanas as close to me as physically possible, they were my most important possessions, besides my flute. My greatest strength was my skill in swordplay, without my blades I felt like I was crippled.

After a moment or two I realized I wasn't being very responsive, I'd been very silent for a while. "I'm Commander Skyra of the Gukko Force..." I said finally, I looked at Fehlan, trying to get a better look at his shrouded figure, though it was simply too dark. "You're a strong fighter...to be able to defeat someone like Onuzek...and you don't seem to be wounded either..." I remarked, as far as I could tell he seemed to be perfectly healthy, unlike me currently. In the dark I could not look for Onuzek's body, it could of been right in front of me for all I knew. "Where...is he anyway?" I wanted to know what happened to him, even though the infected mask had turned him evil, he had still been my friend.

Edited by Snelly Bieber

"The massive brute of a Toa? Yeah... Well... Blackholes tend to suck everything in. Including, well..." the Toa of Gravity trailed off, obviously a bit shaken at what he'd seen. If anything, the lightstone light made it seem like a distant expression overcame his face. Despite what had been going on, it seemed there were atleast a few Toa who tried to follow the Code. "I'm sorry," he said, as if shaking himself out of a trance, "let's get you out of here, Commander Skyra."

With that, "Fehlan" lifted Skyra up into both his arms, before jumping into the air. His mask seemed to catch them at the top of the arc, and they began to float up through the shaft that lead to the enterance. Sunlight began to pour in around them, probably blinding the Le-Toa's now sensitive eyes. But as her vision cleared, she would start to get a better look at the Ba-Toa carrying her.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC: Skyra - Cave, Ga-Wahi -

So that was it then...Onuzek, for better or worse, was dead. I found myself rather speechless, I had hoped that removing his infected mask would of brought him to his senses but...that didn't matter anymore. I didn't even care when Fehlan lifted me into his arms, I was too transfixed on my sorrow to care or feel things such as embarrassment, these whole turn of events had pushed me above and beyond my breaking point.

As the sun appeared once more I was blinked and dazed further, my eyes were very wet and teary, but I decided to blame that on sunlight, yeah...that was it.

After a moment or two I dared to open my eyes fully, more used to the light again, I looked at Fehlan, he was a rather sharp looking individual, reminded me of my old body really...which just made me feel worse. "Take me to Le-koro...I want...I need to go home..." I said this in a polite matter, trying my best to be professional, though my voice was a bit off and shaky, both from my wounds, fatigue, and just being plain distraught.

Yes I was feeling very home sick indeed, I'd been there briefly couple weeks ago, but it was time to officially return, for a good long while. Maybe I would never leave it again...

IC: Derictorius - JL - Floria

===

I stood up, and looked up. Water flowed above the ceiling, light flowing down from the electricity that coursed through. From above, it looked just like a plain pool of water. Apart from the....additions I made. As I sit here, below, trapped underneath the visage of my own doing, I can see. Each of the Anxilia's eyes, they transmit. I can see what they see. They do not know, though.

I fear. Specimen 01 has escaped. I do not know why, I am concerned. Why did he leave? Perhaps....perhaps something attacked his mind. Was it his Anxilia? He was, of course, the one who had been used as a transmitter. All of the energies of the Red Star's Lightning had flowed through him before it touched the others. Maybe that's why. Ugh......

My hands reach up to rub my temples. Think! Think! Ignore him. Document the others.

02 is adjusting well. He had come in as a wounded Toa, and since the Lightning's energies were of Toa energy - I think - Specimen 02 is now back into tip top condition. Even his broken legs, healed.

03 is adjusting as well. I have no doubt that soon, he will return to the group of Toa christened the Aukati.

04 seems fine too. The Po-Koro guard member was one of the 2 females in this group of Toa.

05 is a special...specimen. I do not know why he is so much more of an android; 2 entire limbs, all robotic! And this seems to have reacted with the Lightning's energies as well. His mask. I don't know yet, but I think it's different. The other's masks, still metallic. His, however, is now fully organic. Interesting.

He sighed, a sound of regret.

"What about 06?"

07 - Special, as well. A Matoran of Ice, it seemed, had decided to wander in. Well, it was a lucky day for him! I didn't know what I was thinking when I pressed the lever. Desperation? Either way, he has a fixed destiny now. He's a Toa.

===

JL's eyes opened. At once, he reached for his sword, which lay on the floor next to him, and jumped up. He felt...weird. His mind.....weird. Physically, he felt nothing wrong. Which was wrong, because he had previously been....wrecked. His energy, he felt, replenished. Why? How? His mind went into a blank.

Blanks aren't good for you.

???

Why did that sound like someone else in his mind?

Because I am someone else.

Who are you? Why-how-what?....What the **** is going on here?

Nothing much. Just that I'm your mask. Come to life. I think. I'm not sure.

My mask is a GIRL?

Oh, come one now. My name's Reyna. I'm an Anxilia. Don't ask me where that name come from.

So....great. While I'm very accepting of weird supernatural things happening in this world, I happen to get stuck with a sarcastic living mask. So what, you talk to me in my mind? What do you look like?

Your Arthron. You lost it's power. I gain it. Ha! Anyways, I look like this!

An electric form appeared in JL's thoughts. It was a girl, a women. Somewhere in between. He couldn't make it out. The being was made entirely of light, blue light, and suddenly JL jumped back in shock. It wasn't only in his thoughts; His elemental power had responded, and projected the being out on his palm.

See that? That's me. Come on. Take a girl for a ride.

How do we get out of here?

There's a door; It runs on electricity. Over there.

JL felt weird. Already, he could feel the Arthron's "ping" having been gone. Instead, directions and all that was left to Reyna. Already, he liked her. Sarcasm was something they both understood, and their optimism matched. But to have thoughts giving direction....he feared secrets would be revealed. She better not be evil.

Approaching the door, he could see the shape of the earth in a square. A sliding door. Turning back once more, he saw other Toa just starting to wake up.....

===

Floria's limp, unconscious form, was not in the room. Derictorius had personally carried out a favor. Her eyes opened as the flare of the sun touched Ga-Wahi's beaches.

Beaches. The Sea. Oh, ! Kidnapped, AND the 'Vika ditched her. Great!

Sup, Flo!

!

The Toa of Air took off sprinting, her weapon on her back, towards Ga-Koro. There was a Lesterin who needed a beating. But first things first.....

While she couldn't remember much, she remembered one thing. What happened to Kumu?

OOC: Next post of mine, and you guys are free to exit. Just remember: All memory other than 'First Encounter' with the Anxilia, will be erased.

Edited by JL v2

GT: Jl1223 X <----add me :3

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

IC-Marfoir:

Ga-Wahi, formerly a bustling centre of trade for the island, before everything that had happened to it. Getting ripped apart nearly thrice over by insane beings...all of them Toa. Marfoir wondered what that meant for the vaunted Toa-supposedly, all were manifestations of Mata-Nui's will. All were supposed to be the best and do the best...well, that obviously wasn't true.

But they were becoming prosperous again, under the leadership of the Toa Arete. Which was good...somewhat. But if you were Marfoir, you trusted nobody. Not even yourself. So he almost felt sorry for these Ga-Matoran-they were being led by Toa. They would face disappointment at some point. No matter. Marfoir adjusted his rifle on his back, continuing along-he'd bought a couple mangos at the market in Ga-Koro when he passed through, and now, eating one, he continued along, skirting the area around Kini-Nui for a shortcut into Le-Wahi.

OOC: Marfoir to Le-Wahi.

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC Ketru Ketru continued to lay on the ground unconscious, hisbody still damaged from that electric attack. Unbeknowngst to.him, the mask on his face had changed...In his mind's eye, he saw a blank screen. Then...Toa. BIOS revision 2.Loading... Loading...Mind 1 is starting up...Please log in.Identified as: Ketru. Welcome, Ketru."Why do I have to go this everyday," Ketru grumbled as he sat up. Then, "Where am I?" He looked around the room with confusion on his face. "Oh well," he thought. "Nothing I can't handle..." "Activate Kualsi," he thought.Nothing happened."Program: Kualsi. Open."Nothing happened."This is confusing. Search: Kualsi."The device you are looking for does not exist."What is this? Check devices and hardware. Check Kanohi mask slot.."Loading...A map came up in. Ketru's mind. He "looked" at it intently."Why is there a mask of sensory aptitude where my Kualsi should be?" Ketru thought. He put a hand to his mask. His fingers brushed the side of his face, brushing along side the..."Scales?" Ketru put both of his hands on his new kanohi. "Strange," he said aloud. "The kanohi-if it is one-is not composed of metallic protodermis but of an organic materi-Did the mask just throb?"Sure enough, the mask had begun to move, tightening and loosening itself on Ketru's head. Ketru's eyes widened as he felt emotion-fear-for the first time in 50 years. Panting hard, he reached to wrench the mask off of his face."I wouldn't recommend doing that if I were you.""What was that voice?" Ketru whispered. "Parasite..." He grabbed the mask even tighter and began to pull it off."OUCH OUCH OUCH OUCH OUCH OUCH OUCH!!!!!"The voice of a screaming female... something filled his mind. Letting go, he shouted "What are you?!""I'm a anxi... I forgot the name. To keep it simple, I'm a sapient kanohi mask. My name is Krista. And I DON'T appreciate being touched in that place where you just grabbed me. Or anywhere else for that matter. You know, you ought to treat a girl with more-""Sapient mask?" Ketru said in confusion."Yeah," Krista replied. "We're kanohi masks, except we have control of our own powers. And we can also drive you crazy with pointless chatter. But enough of that," and Krista immediately enhanced Ketru's sight."What the karz?" Ketru said in confusion. "I did not ask for this!" He got off the bed and tried to walk around, but not being used to the enhanced sight, he stumbled around a lot. "That's the point; we do whatever WE want!" Krista immediately switched her power from Ketru's eyes to his ears. The toa of gravity's heavy footsteps rang in his ears. "This is fun!" Krista shouted in his mind. "Okay," Ketru replied, having gone back to his normal, robotic self. "First thing I'm doing when I get back into town is trading you off for a NORMAL mask.""Nooo," Krista whined. In Ketru's mind, there appeared a gravity well of sorts, sucking in everything. It seemed to have eyes, like puppydog eyes. But that didn't make sense; black holes don't have eyes. Then again, nothing about this mask made sense. "Don't throw me away! I'll bake you cakes, I'll do your homework, I'll buy you gadgets, I'll-" "You're a mask," Ketru replied in a deadpan voice. "You can't do any of those things. Now which way is out..." he muttered as he scanned the room.

IC: Venedico (Docks, Ga-Koro)

Envy. Four little letters that had changed his life.

It was not a chosen name, a moniker he had picked out for himself, but still the name had stuck like glue to Venedico Verde: each Daedra had slowly stopped using the customary nickname "Dico" and started using it - save Sloth, who at least had some shred of respect for his wishes, and Pride who never really said anything at all to anyone besides that journal of hers - in place of any name that Venedico would have preferred. Eventually, Envy became his calling card of choice, the name Dico lost to the sands of time and left to drown there until it was naught but wrinkles and a facet of a memory.

As the weeks had whittled down to days, and the days to hours, of Ga-Koro's gilded age post-Nokama, Envy had acquired an odd sense of clarity, foresight, some would call it, into the future of the glorified beach resort Ketan's assortment of sinners had called their home. A sand castle would only stand so long before the tides began to lap away at it, a three-legged table could only hold so much leverage, and like any handicapped structure, any charade, if one had taken care enough to examine the foundations of the world around them, they would have seen the truth of the Toa Arete. The people of Ga-Koro, however, were known romantics: so enamored were they with the group of godsends, hand-delivered by the Great Spirit to serve their fair Verona, that they never stopped to even take a second out of their lives to assume that perhaps they were being misled.

Envy, the Daedra most known for his kindness and sociability with the people of Ga-Koro, had been asked to play some music for a special celebration of Nokama's impending return. Out of sheer coincidence, he had once heard Pride vocally maneuvering her way through a series of songs when she thought she was out of earshot of another soul, and he had invited the Toa of Gravity to come with him and perform, perhaps grab dinner with him afterwards ("Honestly, Pride, what's wrong with a little team bonding?") but no cigar, so Envy had come alone, armed only with a guitar and his smile, that smile with the ivory sheen practically emblazoned into the hearts and minds of the people of the village, to contribute his own personal, final brushstroke to the Daedra's masterpiece, that ugly painting laid down with oily charm, paper-thin deceit, and the slightest bit of blood by seven of the blackest artists of a generation where white was nowhere to be found.

His playing was gentle, soothing, a massage for the ears and souls of the beleaguered Ga-Korans who had been so long bereft of a savior; as they watched their sad Messiah play, solitary yet reachable with just the barest stretch of a tendon and the fortitude of heart to brush hands with an in-the-flesh god. It was the kind of feeling any musician would recognize, had they played long enough and deeply enough so that the very fabric of life, woven together with the purest of emotion. Every note plucked on a guitar, every quick change in octave that shouldn't have been possible, but was anyway, was a silent plea to Ga-Koro to understand him, accept his pain as he had accepted theirs, and so they did.

This was the way to win a people: appeal to the soul's brightest flares of morality, appeal to beauty, and you would win a man's soul. That was why the Daedra had succeeded, where so many, even the Makuta, had failed. Envy understood that, understood the fabric, and he let it hang around him like a shawl as he played. Musicians, like Envy, knew this feeling, but it's one they wouldn't be able to explain as adeptly enough so as others could understand it correctly. If they could, however, they would probably make it sound like this:

Beauty, supreme. Suddenly, you're not in a Ga-Koro market surrounded by a people who have their hopes and dreams and aspirations pinned on you. No one is watching. You're in your own little zone, a landscape thousands know the name of but no one knows the sight of, any landscape you want to be in. You could be at a beach. You could be on a mountain, thin air, snowcapped peaks, watching the world spin around you as you sit, a diagonal, immobile and beautiful standing atop something just as immobile and beautiful as you. Do you want to play to the jungle? Go ahead. It will accept you. Anything will accept you. You're not a handsome musician who's just a little washed up, a little bit shaken up like a carbonated drink by how rough the world really is. You're a strand in the fabric, rough on your own, but smooth, seamless, when you fit into a niche.

You close your eyes, and you become everything: every particle of your being stretches out into the music, consummating with the sound waves and stretching out into others. You frolic in their heads, rest there until they take you into their hearts, accept you as their savior. You'll stop resting after a while and then stand up, drag the cross you've been carrying inside your chest all your life out into the open, and you and the people will become one together. You'll stand tall and firm, bleed yourself out, and then together you will be reborn, and you will be clean. As frets fly and chords soar through the air like birds reveling in newfound freedom, the world will cease being such a cold, dead place, and as you hit a crescendo, everything goes white, blends together, and for a single second, the briefest spasm of breath from the cosmos, the smallest roll of Father Time's dice, you are no longer afraid to die.

Open your eyes again, and take a deep breath of the most gorgeous sea air you ever did sniff, feel the salty oxygen slide into one nostril, then the other. Feel them hold their surroundings, get to know their bearings, and then they drop just as quick as they climbed, out into the village again, like the music itself. Picture mail in a chute, sliding up. Down. Always headed towards a destination it's not meant to know or understand, much like you yourself. Then you blink again. Again. Time blends into a slipstream, all is right with the world, then it ends.

The song ceases suddenly, and you start to wonder to yourself as consciousness returns if your fingers and voice did all of that without any real capability of thought or direction of synapse. Once again, you're Dico. No, you're Envy. Second best, always, second best. The first loser. No matter what you do, that's your niche in life. No matter what you lay claim to, there's more out there, there will always be more out there, and someone else will already have it. You will die, alone, with a room full of second-rate possessions while everyone else parties away with their pretty little toys and their pretty little boyfriends and girlfriends.

Is it an inferiority complex if you really are inferior?

Then, to quell the thoughts, because you can feel your chest caving in like a dying mine, and your breath catching in your throat and choking you, because you can feel the sting of tears just as salty as the sea air but nowhere near as sweet in your eyes, you start playing another song, and the feelings start anew.

-Tyler

• Upvote 1

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC: (Ga-Wahi; Firon and Virin)

"So basically... you trust the Arete, you just think that there might be someone working on the inside for the Makuta?"

"Yes."

"Well then... you're almost as paranoid as me."

"Almost?"

"I don't trust the Arete either. So what is your plan, Firion?" Virin asked the Ga-Matoran as they walked through the village, seemingly aimlessly to discuss the situation. They whispered in hushed tones out of risk of being heard, but Virin kind of doubted anyone would really be paying any attention to them. The villagers were busy preparing for the celebration when the Turaga was brought back to their streets. The people were so happy, smiles on their faces almost bright as the banners being waved through the air. It brought a smile to Virin's rather sour scowl. It was good to see the people of Ga-Koro like this. He hadn't visited the island in years and to see such happiness even in dark times was uplifting for the spirits. There was still work to be done, though.

Firion smirked as he looked at Virin who was staring out into the crowd. "It's nice, isn't it?" He asked Virin.

The Toa quickly shook his head and said, "Kind of. Back to your plan, though."

Firon frowned, "I'd prefer you didn't say plan. Plan makes it seem like we're some kind of diabolical masterminds plotting a murder." He told his new comrade and soon they reached the HQ of the Ga-Koro Marines. "We're just going to talk to my boss. She's actually a nice lady too..."

Firion strolled into the place with so much confidence that it was like he owned the place. Virin on the other hand stumbled into the building and it was clear that he didn't belong. He felt uncomfortable in this place. It wasn't that he disliked soldiers, it's just that he knew he wasn't one and never would be. Clutching his trident tightly, Firion walked over to one of his fellow marine 'buddies'.

"Sup, Daschos. Where is Daylaria? I need to talk to her."

Daschos replied with one word and a grunt, "Beach."

"Ah." Firion told the other marine with a slight nod. He then turned to Virin. "Well, hope your up for sand and water..."

Virin smirked, "It wouldn't be Ga-Koro without either one..."

character_37075_f.jpg

IC: "Fehlan"

The Toa of Gravity nodded silently, before setting them down gently on the cave enterance. He did put Skyra down, and it didn't seem like he would anytime soon. Le-Koro would be a bit of hike, but even in this weaker form, Onuzek was confident in it abilities. Besides, flying there was still an option, even with his weakened elemental power. Glancing up at the suns, as if calculating, "Fehlan" moved into the forest towards the village of Air, Skyra still in his arms.

OOC: And you can make movement post. :3

Edited by Gravity

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC: Skyra - Ga-Wahi -

I took little notice of our landing, or anything for that matter. My thoughts were on the loss of my former friend. Though as Fehlan began walking toward Le-koro my eyes grew heavier and heavier, I was quite exhausted from my escape attempts from that cave. Soon enough everything faded to black as I drifted off to sleep, forgetting about everything.

OOC: Skyra and "Fehlan" to Le-Wahi

IC-Grochi:

"Hey, look, smoke and fire and a big blanket, and Perkahn signalling frantically," Grochi muttered, sitting back, and drinking some Vodka he'd grabbed a few minutes ago back in Ga-Wahi...the Kualsi was a very useful mask. He quickly put the stopper back on the bottle, depositing it within his satchel, before activating his Kualsi again.

"Sounds like there's a screaming animal somewhere near here," Grochi noted, holding up the blanket before Perkahn signalled again. "One of your friends, I assume?"

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC: KynaeraMorningGa-KoroOnce, long ago, Kynaera had the chance to be a hero. The fact that she was now a Toa Daedra was ample proof of her eventual failure. She could still act like a hero, though.Her measured gait, her squared shoulders, her silent nod and wary gaze, her polished purple and black armor gleaming in the sun -- all combined to form the portrait of a perfect heroine.A portrait: the most her heroic charade would ever amount to. At least she looked good doing it.She slithered through the crowd gathered around Vendico, extricating herself with little trouble, and stood for a moment listening to her teammate's guitar strumming and silky vocals before moving on. Maybe she could perform someday, too...No. Music reminded her of Dorian. She did not want to be reminded of Dorian right now.Sometimes Kynaera wanted to slip under her hood to avoid some of the gazes she was attracting, but heroes didn't keep to the shadows. She felt vulnerable in the open; walking in plain sight was a slap in the face to all her experience working as a mercenary, smuggler, and assassin. She had tried an opposite strategy on a male Toa a few days ago, meeting his gaze so he averted his eyes. She used it again as she walked. It still worked.Several Matoran were already decorating the gates as she approached. Brightly colored strings of flowers had been strung from each gate post to a lily-pad building on either side. One of the three guards overseeing the proceedings saluted her as she neared."Ma'am.""How go the preparations?""Good." The guard half-turned to observe the preparations. A smile spread across his face. "We'll make sure Turaga Nokama will be glad to return; you can count on that."Kynaera followed his gaze. The preparations did seem to be proceeding smoothly.A whim moved her gaze to a Ga-Matoran atop a ladder. The Matoran tried to reach the opposite gate post with a hand holding another weaved rope of flowers but couldn't. Her eyes wavered behind her Miru. Then she leaned over in a second, greater attempt.Her shifting weight tipped the ladder, which spilled her into empty air.Kynaera acted quickly, negating the gravity around the Ga-Matoran so she floated gently to the ground. The guard coughed as Kynaera then turned on him. "Ma'am, I'm sorry, we'll talk to the Matoran now--""I've got it," Kynaera interrupted her.The guard blinked. "What?""I said I've got it." Kynaera paused and bit her lower lip. "I mean, I'll set up those flowers. Consider me a part of the setup crew." After all, I have nothing better to do.The guard hesitated. "But you're a hero around here. You've already done enough for us--""I want to help. Are you seriously going to stop me?"In resignation, the guard gestured to the gates. Kynaera gave him a rather caustic half-grin, reduced her mass, and floated to the top of the gates to the soundtrack of admiring oohs and ahs.She caught the swinging end of the flower rope. The flowers were a bright, sunny yellow. Why did Ga-Koro's citizens enjoy such garish colors?

Edited by Legolover-361

IC - Decaia - Ga-Koro Main Square: Decaia--or rather, Caidae, as he was known around Ga-Koro now, the brave and dashing Toa Arete of Water--could not help but note the overflowing irony of the current situation as he worked tirelessly on the tribute he was building for Turaga Nokama.

It was not something he could help. Destiny had played a cruel hand in his life, and now, it seemed, all of the pieces it had lain were lining up for some final gambit.

He was building a flower arrangement. It seemed odd that the Arete's resident Toa of Water should do such a thing, so carefully as he was, when the team had in its ranks a Toa of Plant Life who would be more than willing to simply make it appear as Decaia--Sloth--Caidae wanted it, as his kind nature made clear. But, no. Instead, Decaia--Caidae--had opted to work on his own, gathering the dark blue flowers from the edge of the jungle with nothing but a basket hanging from his wrist and a cloak to cover his head. He had chosen to lay the flowers carefully inside, lugging the filled contained back through the gates and to the centermost point of Ga-Koro. Toa Caidae had passed by the villagers without a word, setting down his basket, his tools, and begun his work in silence.

"Why?" was all anyone could wonder.

It all went back to that irony--that alignment of past and present that had occurred on this day, gesturing to him. Waving at him.

Taunting him.

Her.

Decaia could see her in the distance--Seyza. The Toa of Ice, a lover long-dead. Memories were flooding back to him the longer he stayed here--memories of working with her, patrolling, playing, a pretend chase through the streets, a life's worth of joy and happiness brought about by a single companion. Guard duties, fighting Tarakava, protecting villagers...

A stormy night. Decaia's hands slipped, the sheers cutting his finger, though he paid no mind to this, even as the blood on his hand smeared against the flowers...

The night that had ended everything--a murderous Toa of Ice gone rogue, never caught, his crimes leaving behind no one but her to take the blame.

Don't let them take me...

The flash of a guillotine as judgment was delivered upon the innocent.

It's okay... Stay strong...

Never again.

Her call. Nokama's call.

The irony again. It had been Seyza's death--no, her murder--that had set Decaia on the path to corruption--to his exile. It had been Nokama's call, forsaking true justice for a single moment, that had begun all of this, breaking him, removing him from the village. Her call to exile. Her decision that made it final. And yet, here he was, a beloved hero once more, creating a tribute in her honor. It was his job now to see her home was safe, his job to create a warm welcome for her return here--her return from unwanted exile, forced on her by a being of greater power.

Decaia couldn't help but drop his tools, leaning back and sitting down as if to take a break--for that was what it appeared he was doing. The flower arrangement stood before him, virtually finished, with only the finishing touches remaining. Beautiful dark blue, color of the deep sea, mixed with flowers of piercing light blue, all sorted to create the symbol for those virtues the Matoran valued so deeply.

They were Nokama's colors.

Colors like Seyza's eyes.

He did not care. For a moment, Caidae--Decaia--was lost in his own world, a mental cage unraveling all around him. He began to chuckle quietly to himself. It sounded just like Caidae's normal laugh, one filled with confidence, with joy, with mirth, a call to the world that said, "I am ready!" But it was not befitting for the emotions tearing across the plains of Decaia's mind. For the first time in years, he felt true anger. He felt anger and rage toward Ga-Koro and its villagers, the Matoran and the Turaga. Unending sadness, the pain of the void in his life finally cutting into him with the sting of thousands of knives.

Decaia's laugh was not one of mirth. If one truly paid attention, truly listened, if they had ever felt the pain that he had felt, they would find that it was one of complete and utter despair as the futility, the pain, the unfairness of his life finally clicked into place.

For what it was worth, he was glad that his hood was up, and that he had the flowers before him to hide behind. It made the act of wiping the tears from his eyes seem as if he was simply rubbing his face in fatigue.

He took a moment to gather his bearings, quickly cleaning the cut on his finger, and then began again to work in silence...

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic/Side Stories ~

IC: Havon - Ga-Wahi Beach -

As Havon flew toward Destiny, who was still flying high in the sky, Destiny's head suddenly pointed straight toward the south-west, toward the Le-Wahi jungle. With a loud shriek her wings began to let off a bright glow, moments latter she accelerated at insane speeds, quickly flying out of sight.

Havon knew well enough what this meant, Skyra must of been calling for her with her flute, it was the only explanation. Havon landed back on the ground where the others were. "She's heading to Le-koro now, that must be where Skyra is, I'd bet a whole keg on that."

IC: Havon - Ferry -

As soon as Havon, Merror, and Miha were settled inside the ferry, Havon went and leaned over on the rail, looking at the shiny water below. Havon realized that he could have easily of flown off with his Kadin and beat them all to Skyra, but he couldn't just abandon them like that, it wouldn't be right.

Looking at the water reminded Havon that he lacked a drink, Miha was keeping Havon from evening having so much as a sip of alcohol. Being the alcoholic that he was, he was starting to show signs of withdrawal. He looked very anxious, and was having trouble being still. He needed something to keep his mind off of drinking. He looked at Merror, maybe making conversation would help. "So, how long have you known Skyra?"

IC: (Ga-Wahi Plains, on a hilltop)

"Friends?" grinned Perkahn, his fingers scratching at the handle of his battleaxe. "I suppose you could say that."

Crouching behind a set of bushes on this hilltop, he locked in on his target - a Toa of Stone out on the plain, currently trying his best to skin his slain Rahi. Perkahn nodded to Grochi.

"Plan's this. I slam him with a Kakama attack, while you charge him from behind with help from your Kualsi. If you die, I won't hold it against you. This guy is crazy. Don't ask why this is so important - I'll explain when he's dead."

Meanwhile, Arkei was doing the menial task of separating the bones from the meat, the meat from the skin, and, in some unfortunate places, the skin from the bones. He did not enjoy menial tasks quite as much as he enjoyed the glory of the chase, but, if a kill was made, it stood to reason it had to serve some purpose. The end may justify the means, but the means do not justify the end.

His knife, that he used for this task, was a small one with a single cutting edge and a flat back. Out in Ko-Koro, they called these Puukko, or the hunt-dagger. It was a multipurpose knife used for pretty much anything, from hunting through fishing to substituting for a finger whenever shaking the hand of a much hated enemy.

This time, it served to deflect a blow delivered by Perkahn, who came racing with his Kakama towards Arkei with a quite aggressively drawn battleaxe. One might ask how this was accomplished. The answer is actually pretty simple. Perkahn delayed his strike long enough by swinging the battleaxe, thus allowing Arkei to toss the knife at him.

Perkahn was fortunate. That swing of his battleaxe, interrupted midstep, could just be redirected to slam the puukko aside. He straightened himself, grinning at his opponent, who had tossed the dead Rahi's remains aside and unsheathed his wristblades.

"Lovely day, isn't it, Arkei?" he spoke bitterly, his grin untainted with actual enjoyment.

"Perkahn." Arkei nodded, neutral and emotionless. "You haven't changed, as I can see. Still a man for grandiose welcomes."

"Of course. I had to personally greet the man who went out of his way to make sure I would've gone to the dogs."

Arkei sighed, taking a step to the side, trying to put less an angle between him and Perkahn. Perkahn circled the other way, so the attempt was unsuccessful.

"I don't have to explain myself to you, Perkahn."

"That's right," Perkahn nodded, his grin widening just a bit at the look of surprise on Arkei's face. He spun his battleaxe in his hand in preparation for battle. "You don't, you little (unprintable words). I don't care about your explanations. Who are you to me, my brother? I don't care what motivated you. What I do care about is justice, and I'm going to feed it to you today."

IC (Merror)

"We first met near Le-Koro," Merror said, settling down in the boat. "It was...as Tamaru lay dying."

The look on Merror's face showed that the memory of the Matoran's death still pained him.

"He was thrown from the top of the Le-Koro trees," he explained. "I...tried to save him, but I failed. Skyra (he called himself Snelly then) found me there as Tamaru breathed his last. It was...a hard day, for both of us."

Merror looked up at Havon.

"How about you?"

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

OOC: You just had to remind me of what I used to call Skyra didn't you Ghosty? =P

IC: Havon - Ferry -

"Oh..." Havon said slowly, Havon recalled when Skyra had mentioned Tamaru's death, though he had seldom spoke of it afterwards, if at all.

Merror looked up at Havon.

"How about you?"

"Ah well, I had been on route to Le-koro from the Onu-koro Highway when I got jumped by several thugs. I could of handled them myself...if I had been more sober. Skyra came to my rescue, he'd been on patrol and luckily enough came across me just in time. Been friends ever since."

IC:

Judging by the movements of the villagers around me, a general zombie-swivel towards the Koro's main gate accompanied by a good deal of murmuring, I surmised that Turaga Nokama was back from her holiday. Standing up (and having several heads on everyone around me) I was given a clear view, and I was proven right; what a surprise. Accompanied by two "stoic" - herein meaning empty-headed - Toa, the Turaga leaned heavily on her trident, probably whooped after her long trek back home. Luckily for her, she'd be doing a lot of resting very soon.

As she turned to thank her escort, the Turaga flashed the crowd with a mudflap profile of herself - that is to say, side-on, what did you think I meant? - and the fat slug on her back was clearly visible. Even from where I was at, fairly far back in the crowd, I could see that the Parawhokah was moving back and forth a little, and I got the air that it was somehow very pleased with itself. I wouldn't doubt it was a smug slug, considering it'd managed to get pinned with such an important lady. The thing looked about as self-assured as me, which is saying a lot of a chitinous thingamabob with no face.

By standing up, though, I realized how much I stood out in the crowd. I was in a sea of bodies dominated by blue short people, or else Toa with rampant superiority complexes; they always think too highly of themselves. Some of these pretentious posers gave me the evil eye, so I figured I'd better do something to blend in. I wasn't peer pressured, honest; I just wanted to avoid a scene. So, I dug around in the crowd below me with a hand and, grabbing onto some Matoran's pint-sized waist, I heaved her up onto my shoulders and sat her down on them. There, I was a friendly Skakdi, see me you punk Toa? We're all happy here.

The Matoran squirmed and almost squawked, but I held her legs with my hands - which were about as big as her face - so that she couldn't move, and I whispered up to her through one of my brilliant smiles. "You keep moving, or say anything, chickadee, and I'll have me some delicious leg for dinner. On the red side, note; nice and juicy, barely marinated, no spices. With a side of chips. Understand?" I flashed my teeth up at her in the most friendly yet dangerous-looking way I could.

To my enjoyment, the Matoran responded with as much dry sarcasm as I'd prodded her with. "Really? No spices? Well, that's a shame, I'd really love to maximize the flavor of my foot when it gets lodged in your--"While I'm always a proponent of some sassiness, the poor Matoran, though, had no clue who she was dealing with. I cut off her comeback with a jostle of my shoulders and a click of my teeth; that put her in her place pretty quick. She sat still after that, watching along with me as the Turaga made her way through the thick mass, trying to thank every last person for their care and kindness. Saintliness makes me sick, but talking usually takes my mind off of my stomach, so I decided I may as well talk to my new bluejay.

"Where'd you learn to be so snarky?" I asked, all grin. She was about to reply with attitude when I stopped her. "Ub-ub-ub, not so fast; look nicely this time, kid."

"When you become a Marine, you learn pretty quickly how to sharpen your tongue, ward off the gutter trash," she said through a plastered-on smile. "You should try the Marines out for a change: learning seems to be something that you're in serious need of."

"Ho ho," I chuckled amiably. "Some marine you are, caught so off guard by 'gutter trash' like me. By the way, my kind finds 'gutter trash' to be a pejorative term; we prefer 'sanitation system down-on-their-luck-ers.' I happen to be very well-edumacated, thank you; you, on the other hand, could clearly stand to learn some manners."

"Well, Mr. Sanitation, I hope you don’t expect to personally teach me," she retorted through a grating false giggle. "It wouldn’t do me much good to learn manners from a man who doesn’t even have the common decency to learn how to spice his food without a woman to hold his hand while he does.”

"Just my luck to pick up the mouthiest Matoran I ever met," I said, rolling my eyes. "You know, you remind me a little of myself. I don't like that. And yes, I've tried spending time with more than one 'me' in the room - an elaborate system of smoke and mirrors and a schizophrenic man behind a curtain with an affinity for voice imitations made that happen - but it honestly wasn't as enjoyable as it sounded in my head. Also, missy, for your information, I've had plenty of women spice my food... and other things. You, on the other hand, still seem to live in dowager city among all the other hopeless singles. Can't blame the guys for avoiding your cheeky tongue, either."

“Whereas I’m amazed you can attract a single woman to spice anything for you when the inside of your mouth looks like a what’s what of every major jewelry store robbery since the First Toa disappeared," she said, finally dropping her nicey-nice voice in favor of soft sass. "Tell me, did your dentist have to melt down his wedding ring for gold to give you that incisor, or did you just rip off his finger and then pop it in there yourself?”

"The latter option, of course," I said, shrugging a little to sit the Matoran more comfortably on my shoulders. "At least I have a dentist... You sure don't tire out, birdie."

"I learned from the best, piglet. And my name is Hahli."

"Birdie it is," I nodded, returning my attention to Nokama. She'd hardly moved forward the length of my body through the crowd. This might take a while.

test2.png

Ic: Those two toa escorting Nokama were, however, just one toa and an angel. Ketan and Anthyn, a Toa and a Valkyr, served as her protection from the Toa Arete. Of course, none realized that their turaga was within arm's reach of some of the most dangerous Makuta-followers in all the land, not even the water lady herself.

Anthyn was a natural at this. Pretty and graceful, Lust was perfectly smiling and seemed just as joyful as the villagers at the return of the leader, though she could just as easily been pretending the parade was actually for her. She was also the perfect crowd control. Legends of her singlehandedly sinking a pirate ship and arresting its crew persisted, and with those stories was her strength that allowed her to throw the Mark Bearer Dorian out of the town after single combat. Her presence was about as ironclad a guarantee for safety as anything.

She truly did enjoy the moment, though. Her smile was not feigned; she liked the attention she was getting for being herself and for being Nokama's honor guard. Her wings were perfectly on her back though she was also ready to deploy them at an instant to decapitate any threats posed to the plan. Her eyes perked at the sight of a Skakdi sauntering through the crowd and then talking animatedly with Hahi, but the procession moved away and towards the Turaga's hut. Whatever that Skakdi was doing wasn't going to do much from a distance.

Flares were shot in the air in celebration and exploded in a cascade of colors. Tonight was a big night, and in more ways than one. It was going to go out with a bang.

Oh, did I imply the night was going out? No no no, I meant Nokama.

IC (Ketan)

The late afternoon sun shone brilliantly out of a warm blue sky, reflecting off the lapping waves like a thousand mirrors; it shone down on the village of water, the giant lilypads upon which huts and houses were built; it lit up the great crowds of Matoran and Toa that cheered and laughed and celebrated and craned their necks to see the reason for their celebration.

Turaga Nokama had returned.

The Turaga of Water was once again home, much to the rejoicing of her people. The Koro was strung from hut to hut with garlands of bright flowers, yellow and red and orange and blue; banners hung over every doorway, proclaiming Nokama's return.

Despite her changed appearance, the Turaga was not less beloved. The fat slug on her back was grotesque, but the Turaga herself was unchanged, and remained the same in manner and speech as she always had, and the Matoran loved her for it. Only a few were repulsed; most were only relieved that their leader had escaped Makuta's grasp mostly unharmed.

The crowds were thick, and it was likely due only to the presence of two Toa Arete that the throng of overjoyed Matoran did not surge forward and engulf the the homecoming queen. Ketan and Anthyn walked at her right and left, keeping the multitudes at bay, allowing the Turaga a narrow path through the crowd, but their pace was slow. The Turaga stopped every few seconds to greet one of her villagers, or bless a tearful Ga-Matoran, or embrace a closer friend.

Still, they advanced, however slowly. By the time the trio reached the edge of the main square, the afternoon sun had sunk towards the horizon, lighting up the sky in streaks of orange and pink, mimicked a few minutes later by the launching of a dozen flares and firecrackers that lit up the darkening sky in bursts of colour. The crowds cheered lustily, and applauded.

The two Toa Arete escorted the Turaga up onto a dais that had been constructed, which allowed her to look over the congregation. She smiled, weary but truly happy, and lifted her hands to ask for silence.

The crowd quickly settled down, until all that could be heard was the odd cry of a gull and the gentle splashing of the ocean waves.

“My friends,” Nokama began. Her voice did not quaver, but resounded throughout the square, loud and strong, hardly requiring the aid of Ketan's wind to bring her words to the edges of the plaza.

“It is a joy to see you all again, and to see how you have taken this village and built it up, stronger and more beautiful, even in the face of such adversity.”

She stopped, interrupted by an avalanche of applause, and waited for the calm to come again.

“I thank Mata Nui for the gifts he has given you, for your unity, and for the purity you have kept in the shadow of Makuta's poison. I return to you-” here she half-turned, allowing the profile of her parasite to be made clear to all. “I return to you not untouched by his dark will, but my heart is cheered by your resistance, and it gives me hope. Even now, I trust Mata Nui will provide, and guide us all to our destiny.”

The plaza erupted into cheers and applause as Nokama turned away from the podium, her eyes brimming with tears. Ketan bent down, appearing concerned.

“My lady, are you-”

“I am fine, Toa Ketan,” she replied. “I weep only for the beauty of the Matoran. I had almost forgotten, in those long weeks and months, how strong they are. I had almost let myself give in to despair. But now...”

She turned back and looked at the multitude of villagers, the scene granted a fragile poignancy in the dying of the sun's light.

“Now I remember how good Mata Nui is.”

She allowed the Toa to escort her into her hut then; the building had been fortified in the last week, with thicker walls and iron bars woven throughout. It was miracle of engineering, built not only to keep the monsters out, but to keep the monster in, should she awaken.

The door closed behind the Turaga. Ketan and Anthyn stood on either side, taking the first shift; they would be joined by two Marines in a moment. The rest of the village continued their celebration long into the night, dancing and singing their joy to the stars.

Lenat- Ga-wahi

IC: Forgoing an attempt to be heard over the roar of the crowd, Lenat pointed at one of the large banners that spanned the street. It read "WELCOME HOME NOKAMA" in large, multicolored letters. He led the way to a side street where the crowd was only at a dull roar.

"I think this is the welcome party for their Turaga. She got kidnapped a few weeks ago before getting rescued by an organization that is trying to bring some order back to the island."

Hr rummaged in his pack for a few minutes before pulling out a pair of earmuffs. They looked more or less lie Voutok's old ones, only with slightly bigger ear-covers. Lenat pointed to a dial on the side, the numbers one through five were set in a semicircle around it with an arrow pointing at one.

"I've used highly dense disks of wood to increase the sound dampening abilities of your earmuffs. There are five disks, each number corresponds to a disk. Right now it is set to one, which means that there is only one disk blocking the noise coming in. As you can guess, the higher the number, the better the noise will be blocked."

He handed them over and said, "You had better put them on now. All this noise must be painful."

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC: Vhisoli

Scribble. Stamp. Set aside. Repeat. This was the average day in the life of Vhisoli Storukru, doomed to a life of manuscripts, financial statements, and lack of exercise. Everyday, she would find a new manuscript on her desk that she just had to copy. Once the first few copies were done though, she could take a break as the matoran in her shop would take over the brunt of the workload. It was a tedious job, but a well paying one nonetheless.

Today however, the whole office was abuzz. After a long absence, Turaga Nokama had finally returned to the village of water. The whole village had prepared in celebration for her return, and with all celebrations, there were posters. Lots and lots of posters. So Vhisoli and her employees sat in the office day and night making posters and pamphlets all advertising the return of the beloved elder. But finally, as Nokama made her way into the town square, they stopped, their work done. Many a matoran breathed a sigh of relief even as others made their way outside to watch as the Turaga was paraded like a returning hero (which she was) into the village, flanked by two of the villages greatest defenders: Ketan and Anthyn.

Vhisoli, however, didn't get out there like her employees did. No, after all the work she had done over the past few days, she was exhausted. But even if she had been less tired, she would have stayed inside anyways. Turaga, pshht. What did she care? She was a businesswoman; all she cared about was making it big in the world. The turaga, and the political dynamics of the island, meant nothing to her. Let Zharuk and Corciano go all "Vive le Mata Nui" all they wanted; she saw those kinds of patriots as fools. But if she and her business could benefit from it, however, it would be a different story.

So while the rest of Ga-Koro was celebrating and parading in the streets, Vhisoli Storukru was sleeping on her desk, her snores soft and hushed, a mug of spilled coffee lying on the lilypad floor.

IC: Dakan

Sometimes, after work, I liked to go climbing. I don't mean climbing wall climbing or mountain climbing; I mean parkour. There's just something about climbing up walls and sitting on rooftops that just... comforts me. The thrill of climbing up a wall with no belay line, the glorious sights to see up on the buildings, man, even if I had the worst day ever, just one climb wold make my day right. The scenery from the rooftops also provide great inspiration for my paintings. And hey, not only was it good for leisure and for work, it was also good for "work", if you get what I mean. The rooftops were a perfect place to watch out for your enemies. Death from above, as they always said.

So today, while the parades in celebration of Nokama's return were taking place, I was sitting on top of Zharuk's personal residence, painting a picture of festive celebration. A parade, as it entered through the main gate of Ga-koro, joyfully marching on.

IC: Wraith - Seventh's Home -

Wraith had been in the living room, meditating intently from the chair he sat on. Though his sharp ears picked up Seven waking up.

He entered her room only moments after she had got out of bed. "It's about midday, you've been sleeping for quite some time." He said stoically.

He knew he'd have to break the news to her, that he must return to Ko-koro, that was where his duty was. But something inside him...almost dreaded the idea. "Seventh...I'm afraid I'll be leaving for Ko-koro soon, it's been my duty to defend it's borders for a very long time, and since I've fulfilled my duty to protect you, I must go."