WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

*ahem*

sorry

i'm happy that I survived.

why didn't the mafia kill me, though?

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

*Grumbles*

I knew i wouldn't be suriving past this round but you know what this is a personal win for me... This is the longest i have survived any mafia game and not to mention being an important role.

*Turns on Pulse, Tyler and Lloyd with bloodlust in his eyes and scythe and sword in hand*

You three.... Choose your method of me reaping your shadows... Painful or painful? But really nearly every round i listened to you three i somehow ended up killing matoran.. But a few rounds i did ok. And chro you get to get the nice version of shadow reaping since you helped.

But still just so frickin glad i survived this long as turaga.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

The super-ghost?

He's the Wizard Valendale, what else does he need? xD

And necromancy is one of my specialties! The Ghost is just my soldier! My preferred form of undead minions are skeletons, but for some reason I can't seem to find any spines.

Edited by Cryophile

We will have a cake made of the corpses of the Mafia.

And it will be the most glorious, amazing thing of all time. Stories shall be told of it, passed down from generation to generation, tales of the Village's victory this game, and how tasty that cake was.

Legend says there were many spines in the cake. and they were wonderful. Only legend, of course. Everyone knows Xaeraz ate them all, even though he was dead.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

Holy poo. This thing is nearly 8000 words long, so I hope that makes up for the lack of spine-eating.

Bionicle Mafia X: Darkest Dawn

The Final Hours

And now it’s time for one last bow

Like all the olden Hosts

The hour of Tex is over now

He’ll be even less than ghost

---

Burnmad gritted his teeth as he slammed into the cavern wall, shaking his head to clear it and ducking away just in time to avoid the flurry of daggers that had been thrown his way. Grabbing his sword from where it had fallen, he swung it in a wide arc to parry the stroke of his enemy.

“You think you can defeat me?” Xaeraz asked. “I created the Third Age! You have no hope!”

“What happened to you?” asked Burnmad. “We were allies! We worked together on Bara-Magna until the very end to stop all of this from happening!”

Xaeraz shrugged. “What can I say? I like bloodshed, and Makuta... well, let’s just say he offered me a better deal.”

In the blink of an eye, a new dagger was in Xaeraz’s hand as he dropped his sword, stabbing Burnmad first in the wrist and then in the chest. Groaning, Burnmad stumbled backwards and collapsed, remembering how they had gotten there in the first place.

---

Earlier:

“Tex?”

“Yes Canis?”

“We’re, uh, ready for you... whenever, y’know, you’re done playing chess with Makuta.”

“I’ll be right there.”

“...okay.”

As Canis walked away, Voltex frowned and shifted a pawn one square up. Makuta chuckled, seizing the bishop that he had left open with his queen – which was consequently stolen by Voltex through his knight.

“I do believe you have a lynching to attend,” said the Makuta. “Shall you forfeit the game?”

“It’s your guy we’re lynching,” Voltex muttered. “Also, I’m about to beat you.”

Makuta merely spared him a glance as he took down Voltex’s knight, leaving him with a single bishop, two pawns, and his second knight on the board. In contrast, the shadowy Titan still had control of every single piece on the board, minus the ones that Voltex had just taken a moment before. Voltex sighed – he knew where this game was headed.

“Forfeit,” the Makuta whispered, “before you lose that window of opportunity to kill my operative before I kill you.”

“Very well,” Voltex said with a scowl, tipping his king over. “I’ll forfeit the stupid chess game. Let’s go see what your Mysterious Figure has to say.”

“I daresay, is the so-called ‘Great and Powerful Voltex’ angry?” the Makuta asked, laughing darkly. “What a lovely surprise – that is certainly not something we see on you, is it?”

“Shut up!”

Voltex stalked ahead as Lhikevikk flew down from the sky to rest upon his shoulder again, seeming somewhat apologetic.

“I’d like to apologize,” the bird said. “What I did, I did in the name of chaos....”

“But not in the name of Lhikevikk?” Voltex guessed.

“Actually, I was going to say that I had no idea Makuta was manipulating me until Zakaro died on Bara-Magna.”

“...oh.”

The two fell into a semi-awkward silence as they reached the town square of Sector 1, where Toarobot waited at the lynch post. Voltex shifted the Reanimator 3.0 on his back (now also containing Voxumo and Durandal) as he turned to crouch beside Burnmad.

“How are you doing?” he asked the wounded Matoran. “I mean, your death counter is at seven now.”

“I’ll be fine,” Burnmad said, clenching his teeth. “You said the Staff should heal me when we reach it, right? I can last until then.”

“Alright,” Voltex said, standing straight again and approaching Toarobot. “Well? What do you have to say in your defense?”

“I need no defense,” Toarobot said with a sneer. “You have already lost.”

“That’s doubtful,” Pulse piped up from the side.

“Oh, please,” Toarobot scoffed. “Just kill me now before I get bored and murder you instead.”

“Canis, Lhikevikk, you two ready?” Voltex asked.

Lhikevikk took off into the air and landed in position. Canis nodded.

“On three,” Voltex said.

“One,”

Toarobot smiled.

“Two,”

In the shadows, Makuta halted right behind where Onarax was attending to Burnmad.

“Three.”

Toarobot fell – choked – died.

Mysterious Figure lynched.

Every Matoran present, Voltex included, flinched – but nothing happened. Lhikevikk flapped down to rejoin Voltex’s shoulder and Canis stepped back to admire their handiwork. Pulse breathed a sigh of relief, accepting a high-five from Ehks.

“We did it,” Pulse said. “We actually did it!”

Canis opened his mouth to reply, only to shut it as the ground began to rumble, and then open it again. “What’s happening?”

“I thought we won,” Pulse said, confused.

“Hmm... alas, if only that were true,” Makuta said, smacking Canis aside as he approached Voltex. “Have you figured it out yet, you dimwitted fool?”

Ignoring the insult, Voltex calculated the possibilities rapidly. “The cavern that holds the Staff of Unlimited Power is inside the mountain, and there should have been a giant hole here going straight down. But instead we found Sector 1, which means....”

He trailed off, and glanced down at the ground as it started to fragment. “Sector 1 was a construct of the Staff’s ambient energies shaping what our minds expected to see. But ambient energy isn’t enough to sustain it for very long.”

The would-be Host glanced back up, meeting the red eyes of his worst enemy, who only smiled sinisterly and nodded. Voltex whirled around.

“Onarax! Get Burnmad back on his feet! Everyone get ready-”

Sector 1 rapidly began to fragment, entire chunks falling away and vanishing into thin air. Lhikevikk took to the skies as the last of the oldest sector fell, taking every single inhabitant with it. The Raven sped high into the sky before flipping back and spiralling down into the hole with one goal in mind – one he successfully achieved when he slammed into Makuta head-on, causing the villain to spiral away into the darkness.

---

Voltex landed on the rocky surface, kneeling to balance himself. Sector 31 flickered around him as he slowly stood, the enormous cavern lit only by the giant lake of lava right in the middle.

“Don’t fall in the lava!” he yelled. “Remember, death here is permanent! Die here and you won’t be coming back!”

“Voltex!” Pulse snapped from behind him. “Enough about us – the Staff! Go!”

Turning to the stone stairs leading up to the pedestal of the Staff, Voltex nodded and sprinted towards it. He stumbled halfway up and nearly toppled to his death, but Lhikevikk flew by just in time to save him. Muttering his thanks, Voltex staggered to the top, where the body of Portalfig lay in front of the Staff. Voltex sighed.

“I am so sorry, my friend,” he said. “This was all my fault... my greed, my thirst for power. I dragged you into it.”

Pulling the Reanimator 3.0 off of his back, Voltex activated it and touched his palm to the Staff – a huge sphere of light ejected from the pack and hovered above him in the air for a moment before splitting off into many smaller spheres that beamed down to the stone platform below, re-forming the bodies of those that had died along the way.

Derpystar. Baltarc. Unit. Voxumo. RG. ShadowVezon. Malice. Valendale. Durandal. Tyler Durden. MoM. Sinclair. Chro. Lloyd. Blade. Xaeraz.

“Oops,” said Voltex. “I forgot about him.”

“Watch out!” Burnmad shouted. “Xaeraz is here!”

“Ohoho, that was nice,” Xaeraz said, cracking his knuckles. “I knew being stuck in that thing would work out!”

As Burnmad tackled Xaeraz away before he could kill Blade or Lloyd, ShadowVezon admired his newly formed body, turning to Chro.

“That was pretty awesome,” he said. “If only – eugh....”

He slowly glanced down to the knife protruding from his chest and then slowly brought his gaze up to Chro, who shrugged.

“What can I say?” said Chro, twirling another knife. “I guess I was the Ghost all along.”

ShadowVezon collapsed, dead. Chro spun around to do the same to Lloyd, only to find that the veteran was already gone, battling Xaeraz alongside Burnmad. Caught up in the scene for a moment, Chro nearly missed Voxumo’s attack, but blocked it just in time with a grin.

Now you realize,” he said. “Finally.”

---

Voltex was about to revive Portalfig using the Staff when the shadows appeared, spinning around the pedestal slowly, gaining in speed and thickness as they did so. Activating the Staff of Unlimited Power, Voltex created another rod and held it in his other hand, dual-wielding two sources of Host powers until a massive fist of shadow struck him in the chest. Caught by surprise, Voltex dropped the newly created Black Rod of Power and it spun away into the air.

Ehks, watching from below, grinned at his ticket out. He ran to the edge of the platform and then jumped, grabbing the Black Rod of Power. He spun twice in the air and then vanished in a blink of light.

“EHKS!” Voltex bellowed, “NO!”

The shadows grew thicker, growing smaller as they concentrated on the pedestal. The air whipped at Voltex, lashing at him with claws of shadow as he fought to maintain his balance. Several spheres of darkness shot out and beamed down to the platform below – Voltex knew what they were, and it didn’t mean anything good.

A dark laugh echoed around the chamber as Toarobot re-appeared, with Shadowhawk, Taka Nuvia and Kranan behind him.

“Lhikevikk, stop them!” Voltex ordered.

The Raven obeyed, spinning down and flying past the Staff of Unlimited Power, changing as he did so back into his regular form. Voltex watched as he disappeared and the veil of shadows surrounding him became as thick as midnight.

Well, well, well... the voice of Makuta rumbled. Do you really believe you can stop me?

---

Toarobot held his hand out, a sphere of shadow forming in it as the other three Traitors took off into the crowd. He aimed it at Pulse and fired; the Matoran staggered as the attack caught him in the shoulder. Toarobot aimed again, only to stagger forwards as something collided with him from behind. Whirling around, he saw Lhikevikk standing before him, lightning crackling in his palms.

“You think you can defeat me?” Toarobot scoffed. “I am the Mysterious Figure!”

“No,” Lhikevikk said, shaking his head. “I am the Mysterious Figure – I am the Raven.”

Toarobot scowled, and a second later shadow met lightning head-on.

---

Malice had just sent Durandal off to help Canis when Pulse staggered over, clutching his right shoulder, which was smoking. The Medic immediately set to work, not needing an explanation, while Pulse pulled a pistol from his hip and started firing every so often whenever a Traitor came into view. Malice was almost finished when a voice interrupted them:

“Wait!”

It was Chro, helping a barely conscious Sinclair limp towards them. “Sinclair needs help bad!”

Shrugging apologetically to Pulse, Malice rushed over and seized Sinclair from Chro, lying the Matoran on the ground and beginning his work. Slowly, Chro glanced up at Pulse and smiled lazily as he pulled out a gun of his own, firing it and blasting Pulse’s gun away before aiming at Malice’s head. Pulse was a second too late to grasp what was going on – Chro pulled the trigger and suddenly Malice’s head was no longer there. Chro fired again and Sinclair fell still.

“Oh dear,” said Chro, tossing his gun away. “How unfortunate – it appears you have lost your Medic.”

“You were the Ghost,” Pulse realized.

“Yeah,” Chro said, shrugging. “ShadowVezon and Sinclair both found out a little later than you – but then, I didn’t stab you or beat you to death immediately, either.”

Pulse drew his sword and charged as Chro drew a sword of his own. The two blades clashed in mid-air with a clang, sparks flying into the air. Chro kicked Pulse in the knee and the Matoran fell, allowing Chro to disarm him with ease.

“You know, I really did think you would be harder to beat,” said Chro. “I guess not.”

He stabbed Pulse in the stomach – the Matoran grunted, shaking as he stood to his feet and grabbed Chro’s wrists, pulling to sword further into his body.

“What are you doing?” Chro asked. “This isn’t going to help you.”

“Just... buying... time....” Pulse whispered, slumping against him.

Chro shoved the dead Matoran away with the sword still inside and turned to see his own gun pointed at his face.

“Dodge this,” said Blade.

BAM.

What remained of Chro was blown backwards as Blade unloaded shot after shot into him. Once the clip was empty, Blade whipped the gun at the remains and pulled the sword out of Pulse’s body.

“Sorry I messed with your head,” he said.

Then Blade joined Pulse on the ground, Taka Nuvia standing where he had been a second before, bloody dagger in hand. She smiled apologetically to the dearly departed before leaping away back into the battle.

---

The shadows were like a hurricane as they buffeted Voltex from one side of the pedestal to the other, playing with him as though he were a toy. He didn’t dare risk using the Staff – undoubtedly the shadows would merely let whatever attack he threw miss, and that would end with someone down below being killed.

And here I was, thinking you were WORTHY of opposing me, Makuta rumbled. When we played that chess game out on the Desolation, I thought that perhaps you were SKILLED. No... no, it was all just luck.

“I chose well!” Voltex snapped. “Lhikevikk and Lloyd, two of the greatest players we’ve had; Malice, the luckiest Medic to exist; Tyler Durden, one of the only people to survive beyond day one as the Pyro; Voxumo, reaper of shadows... and myself!”

Oh really? Makuta asked. And who ARE you, Voltex? Who are you really?

“I am the ruler of the Mind Games,” Voltex began, “the master of numbers, the creator of the cult, the first scythe-wielder and hooded figure. I am saviour of Bara-Magna, the leader of the Village, the breaker of the Staff! I am fire!”

You FOOL!

Voltex staggered backwards at the force of the words, clinging to the surface of the pedestal desperately. “And who did you choose, Makuta?” he asked derisively.

I took Toarobot, champion of the Village! Taka Nuvia and Shadowhawk, masters of the darkness! I took Xaeraz, the Master of Blood, and Kranan, ever underestimated! I took Portalfig, the leader of Le-Koro and the leader of Metru-Nui, creator of the Wiki! Makuta roared, his voice raining down like thunder in Voltex’s ears. I am the MAKUTA, and you cannot stop me from taking that Staff! I am DARKNESS! I am DEATH!

And then the shadows began to spiral onto the pedestal, sinking into the body of Portalfig from all angles. Voltex, who had recovered faster than Makuta had anticipated, aimed the Staff ruthlessly. A sphere of fire grew at the tip of the Staff and just as Makuta stood up in his friend’s body, he fired. The fire exploded upon contact, knocking Makuta Portalfig down half the steps as flames spewed into the air in every direction. Voltex fired again as his enemy clawed at the steps, but Makuta Portalfig teleported behind him and knocked him forwards.

“You shall die in fire,” Makuta vowed. “Your hour is over, little Matoran.”

“Not if I can help it,” Voltex whispered.

Voltex turned just in time to see the shadow blast catch him in the chest, blasting him backwards. The Staff of Unlimited Power was wrenched out of his hands as he fell, spinning, into the stairway. He toppled down the last half of the stone steps, coming to a stop at the bottom where he remained, dizzy as darkness crept across his vision.

“Oh no you don’t,” a voice said, as an arm hauled him up and leaned him against the bottom steps. “Wake up, Voltex.”

“No point,” Voltex muttered, slipping back into the darkness again. “No use....”

There was a zap and Voltex swore as he jumped from the shock, now wide awake. Valendale stepped back, pleased with his work and leaning on a Wizard Staff.

“I do seem to recall that you collected this,” Valendale said, “and yet I found it lying on the cavern floor... now, granted, I appreciate the thought of giving it back to me. But it’s you that has to battle Makuta.”

Voltex looked up into his eyes and realized that Valendale knew – and perhaps had known the entire time – that all this was his fault. He returned his gaze to the ground, shaking his head.

“It’s over, Valendale,” he said. “Makuta has the Staff now – what can I do?”

“Fight him,” said the wizard. “Battle him with my Wizard Staff. It will not last very long, mind you, but I can distract him long enough for you to get the Staff back.”

“Distract him? No, Valendale.”

“Everyone here will die if we do not.”

Voltex glanced around – Shadowhawk was beheading Durandal, and Xaeraz had just finished stabbing Derpystar in the face. Lhikevikk was being battered by the combined duo of Toarobot and Onarax; Taka Nuvia was battling Canis and Norik with ease as Unit fell to the floor. Blade was dead, Pulse was dead, Malice was dead, Ehks had gone....

He took the hand offered to him.

“We need to be quick,” he said.

“Of course,” said Valendale, handing him the Wizard Staff. “After you.”

---

Lhikevikk would never admit it, of course, but he was already beaten. Whatever injuries he managed to inflict on Toarobot were immediately healed by Onarax – and he couldn’t get to Onarax without Toarobot throwing himself in the way. Unfortunately, it seemed like the rest of the Matoran were too busy with the other Traitors to help him.

“The sooner you admit defeat, you know, the sooner this ends,” said Toarobot.

“You can’t defeat me,” Lhikevikk said, panting as he forced himself to his feet. “Come at me!”

“I already have, several times,” said Toarobot. “I’m beginning to grow quite bored.”

Lhikevikk idly flicked his wrist, sending a sphere of electricity towards Onarax – Toarobot caught the movement and jumped in the way of the attack just in time to block it as Lhikevikk sent three different arcs of lightning the Plague Doctor’s way. Somehow, Toarobot blocked all of them.

He needed help.

There was a whoosh and suddenly his feet were in the air and he was falling flat on the ground again, his feet swept out from under him by Toarobot’s shadow powers. The Raven struggled to stand, but bonds of shadow held him to the ground.

“This is it, then,” Toarobot said, standing directly above him. “This is how to oh-so-great Lhikevikk ends.”

Movement – behind the Mysterious Figure. Lhikevikk followed with a flick of his eyes all the way to Onarax, where it stilled. He trained his eyes on Toarobot again, smiling and then beginning to laugh.

“Why are you laughing?” Toarobot asked with a scowl. “I am about to kill you!”

“Are you so sure?” Lhikevikk asked. “I think you better take a closer look.”

Toarobot glared at him for a moment before glancing over to Onarax and then crying out just as Punished Snake slowly lay the Plague Doctor to the ground, having silently choked him to death. Punished Snake turned to Lhikevikk.

“There you go,” he said. “I hope you kill him.”

A split second later he was dead. Lhikevikk lunged up, Toarobot having forgotten about maintaining the bonds holding him down, and tackled the Mysterious Figure to the floor of the cavern. Lhikevikk punched Toarobot in the mask with lightning racing across his knuckles, zapping the Traitor and knocking him back down as he tried to rise. Lhikevikk rolled away and stood to his feet again.

“Now we’re finally on equal footing here,” he said. “I’m going to kill you, probably.”

“Ha,” Toarobot snorted, standing as well. “That sacrifice was in vain.”

“Let’s test that theory.”

---

Canis breathed a sigh of relief as his Plot Armor held against Taka Nuvia’s sword for the third time in a row as Norik ducked around him to swing at the Traitor. Taka Nuvia dodged his attack with ease, pushing Norik forwards into Man of Miracles and causing both to tumble to the ground. Canis lunged forwards, blocking Taka Nuvia’s sword and saving the other two Matoran in the nick of time while RG jumped on her from behind.

“Canis, how much longer is that going to hold up?” Norik asked as they scrambled backwards.

“I don’t know,” he replied. “It’s starting to crack. Two, maybe three more hits.”

RG went flying past them, skidding across the ground. He grumbled something under his breath as MoM helped him to his feet, and the four got ready for another round. Norik tossed Canis a round object, which he caught with surprise.

“What is it?”

“A bomb,” he said simply. “When Voltex mentioned above that Sector 1 was there because we expected it to... well, I expected bombs when the ground started shaking, and I got that.”

“Let’s use it,” Canis decided. “You guys run ahead; that way you have more time to escape if I fail.”

Norik nodded, and Canis activated the bomb as his companions ran forward – only to choke as an arm wrapped around his throat.

“Did I ever tell you how... suicidal I am sometimes?” Kranan asked. “I like to do the... unexpected, if sometimes by doing the most expected. So we’ll just wait while this bomb ticks away... and watch as Taka Nuvia kills your friends one by one.”

RG was already dead, impaled on Taka Nuvia’s sword. Canis fought to free himself, but Kranan’s grip was like iron and the Traitor had a vice-like grip on the bomb as well. Norik glanced back to see where he was and his eyes went wide before Taka Nuvia had slain him as well.

“What a shame,” Kranan whispered. “Just you... me... and one big explosion.”

Just before the bomb went off, Canis watched as Taka Nuvia cut down MoM – before an axe thrown by Tyler Durden buried itself in her back. The bomb went off, and neither Canis or Kranan saw anything more.

---

Voltex staggered up the steps, aided by Valendale, who had cloaked himself in invisibility for the time being.

“You finally return,” Makuta said, watching the battle below. “Your so-called champions are falling before the might of my pawns.”

“So you think,” Voltex said as he reached the pedestal. “How about now?”

Valendale slammed into Makuta as he shimmered into view – Voltex summoned the Staff of Unlimited Power with the Wizard Staff, which shattered at the amount of power being used. Nonetheless, it was successful – Voltex caught the Staff deftly just as Makuta tossed Valendale’s head back down the steps, followed by his body.

“That was beyond stupid,” Makuta grumbled.

“He wasn’t trying to kill you,” Voltex said. “He was just buying me time.”

“Time?” Makuta said, laughing. “You have no time.”

With the body of Portalfig, Makuta slammed into Voltex, knocking him to the ground and collapsing on top of him. They landed at the edge of the pedestal, wrestling for the Staff of Unlimited Power as the lava boiled far below them.

---

Lhikevikk and JL stood back to back; Lhikevikk battling against Toarobot and JL dueling with Shadowhawk. Neither side was winning at the moment, but with Lhikevikk and JL both weary from the journey, the Traitors were slowly beginning to gain momentum.

“We need a plan,” Lhikevikk muttered.

“Any ideas?”

“None that are good.”

“Can’t you kill Shadowhawk?” JL asked, shoving said Traitor away momentarily.

“Chances are Toarobot would kill you in the meantime,” Lhikevikk said.

“Probably,” JL agreed, “but I’d reckon that there’s a pretty good chance I can stab him in the gut and slow him down for you.”

“Are you sure?” Lhikevikk asked.

“Positive,” said JL. “On three. One...”

He pushed Shadowhawk away, and Lhikevikk sent a particularly powerful blast of lightning at Toarobot.

“Two...”

Both of them crouched.

“Three!”

Lhikevikk hurdled over JL and punched Shadowhawk in the side of the head as JL lunged forwards and stabbed Toarobot in the stomach before leaping away. While Lhikevikk’s blow (combined with the after effect of slamming head first into a pointy rock) slew Shadowhawk, the Mysterious Figure ignored the pain and blasted JL to bits.

“See?” Toarobot said. “I told you it was point-”

Lhikevikk cut him off with a lightning bolt to the face. Toarobot went slack and he collapsed, dead for the second time that day.

---

Xaeraz stabbed Tyler Durden in the chest six times before tossing the former Detective away and turning his attention back to Burnmad, kicking him aside into Lloyd as he went for Voxumo. The Turaga ducked underneath the attack and tossed his sword over to Baltarc, who deflected the knife Xaeraz threw at him. The Traitor tossed Voxumo into the Matoran and grabbed Lloyd’s Plot Weapon out of his hands, firing it at Lloyd’s feet.

“Lloyd!” Burnmad yelled.

The explosive projectile blew Lloyd’s legs off, sending him crashing into the wall of the cavern, dead. Burnmad was also sent flying, although he landed relatively unharmed. Drawing his sword, Burnmad ran back into the fray, ducking underneath Baltarc as he went flying past and swinging for Xaeraz’s arm. The Traitor merely laughed and deflected the blow with a dagger that he then threw, catching Baltarc in the arm.

“HEADS OR TAILS?” Lhikevikk yelled, leaping in from above.

Xaeraz grabbed Burnmad and flung him into the Raven, and they toppled to the floor. Behind them, Xaeraz threw another dagger and caught Voxumo in the throat. He laughed before burying three more in the Turaga’s chest.

“You’re all too easy!” Xaeraz said cheerfully, blasting Baltarc away again.

“We can beat you!” Burnmad yelled, standing defiantly. “The Third Age will not fall!”

Xaeraz fired at his feet, and Burnmad gritted his teeth as he slammed into the cavern wall, shaking his head to clear it and ducking away just in time to avoid the flurry of daggers that had been thrown his way. Grabbing his sword from where it had fallen, he swung it in a wide arc to parry the stroke of his enemy.

“You think you can defeat me?” Xaeraz asked. “I created the Third Age! You have no hope!”

“What happened to you?” asked Burnmad. “We were allies! We worked together on Bara-Magna until the very end to stop all of this from happening!”

Xaeraz shrugged. “What can I say? I like bloodshed, and Makuta... well, let’s just say he offered me a better deal.”

In the blink of an eye, a new dagger was in Xaeraz’s hand as he dropped his sword, stabbing Burnmad first in the wrist and then in the chest. Groaning, Burnmad stumbled backwards and collapsed, as Lhikevikk punched Xaeraz away.

“Burnmad, get up!” the Raven ordered.

“My chest burns,” Burnmad groaned. “And the irony of that pains me.”

“I don’t care, get up! Before he kills Baltarc!”

Burnmad accepted the hand that was given to him and Lhikevikk propelled him into Xaeraz, knocking the Traitor to the ground before he could execute Baltarc. Burnmad grappled with him for several seconds before Xaeraz tossed him away.

“You first then,” Xaeraz decided.

He waved his hand and five daggers appeared flying through the air towards Burnmad. In a blur, Baltarc leaped in the way, catching the daggers all down his side and falling to the ground.

“Baltarc?” Burnmad asked.

“Go get him,” the Matoran gasped. “I’ll be fine!”

Lhikevikk had grabbed two of the knives from the floor of the cavern and was dueling Xaeraz hand-to-hand now, but the Raven was clearly exhausted from his prolonged battle with Toarobot. Grabbing his sword again, Burnmad joined the fray just as Xaeraz stabbed Lhikevikk in the chest. The Raven fell to his knees, heaving for breath as he fought against death. Burnmad swung his sword down on Xaeraz’s shoulder, removing the arm and cutting into his spine. Xaeraz screeched and then laughed.

“That’s more like it!” he said. “I wish it hadn’t taken you so long!”

He smacked Burnmad away and threw another dagger, catching Burnmad in the stomach. The Matoran ripped it out and threw it back, catching Xaeraz in the chest. The Traitor fell to the floor at the foot of the stone stairs and leaned against them, chuckling.

“You got me,” he rasped.

A body flew through the air; Burnmad ducked underneath it and heard as it collided with the wall of the cavern behind him. He, Lhikevikk, Xaeraz and Baltarc all glanced over as Portalfig slid to the floor, falling unconscious, and pointing over the lava. They all turned their gaze – and then Burnmad realized what he had to do.

Why he, out of all the players in the group, could not stay dead.

---

Voltex was losing. Any moment now his arms would give out, or Makuta would spit shadow in his face, or maybe the Staff would finally melt his eyes for causing this whole mess. As he fought for the Staff, trying not to fall over the edge, Voltex seized some of the power left to him and dove into Portalfig’s memories to remind himself how he had caused the whole thing.

---

The two Matoran pulled to a stop outside the café, stepping into the brisk, cool air of the building with an air of detachment, both for wildly different reasons. One was busy wondering how his companion knew about the origins of the twisted games they were locked into, while the other was lost amidst the grand plan he had set in store.

They sat at a table by the window, ignoring the awed whispers coming from the other Matoran in the shop – the public appearance of one player was always considered a privilege, but seeing two at the same time was almost unheard of.

“Here,” the one clad in black and purple said. “This is it.”

His companion glanced at the worn-down book doubtfully. “Voltex, if this is some sort of trick….”

“I promise it isn’t,” Voltex said. “I was given this soon after the Great Downtime by the author, though I didn’t read it until recently. It explains how this whole thing started, Portal.”

Portalfig looked into his companion’s eyes and saw nothing but earnest truth there – which, to one who knew Voltex as well as he did, was shocking. Rarely did the other Matoran’s eyes seem to match his words.

“Alright,” he said, flipping the book open. “I’ll read it.”

So he did.

He had to do this. He had to try. This was the only chance he’d been given so far, and it was likely to be the only chance he ever had. So many winding roads and swirling stars had crashed down around him on the journey, all in the aim of destroying him or turning his feet around back the way he’d come. Rather than give in he had persevered; but all that had been sent to stop him was nothing more than mere child’s play compared to what lay before him.

The desolation of the mountain lay before him in a vast stretch of bleakness and shadows, shuddering with the volcano’s constant rage. The prize he was seeking lay in the middle of the burning wasteland, hidden from view within the mountain itself and undoubtedly guarded by worse still. Yet he refused to give in – he had not come so far, come so close, merely to give up at the sight of a ruin. No, he was far too close to stop now. If he died on the journey, so be it – this would undoubtedly be his final resting place regardless of his choices.

It was surprisingly the third step into the desolation that was the hardest, not the first or second. On the third step a powerful wind began to batter at him as though with a thousand fists, threatening to topple him back where he used to be. Fire blazed from the ashes around his, scorching his armor black and making him dizzy from heat. Shadows washed across his eyes like a blindfold, surrounding him in silence and darkness. Yet when he took the fourth step, each burden released its hold and was gone; fighting down the traitorous trembling that desired to ruin his self-control, he forced himself to take another step – and another… and another.

Step number ten was even worse than the third. As ashes and stone cracked underneath his foot, a gust even more powerful than before slammed into him from behind, sending him flying sixteen feet forwards through the air to land face-first on the ground with a painful crunch. With only a grunt in response he pushed himself up to his feet just in time to avoid a blast of fire from the ground where his head had rested seconds before, searing his armor. He leaned down carefully to recover the staff he had acquired on his journey and began again, wincing as droplets of acid splattered against him from the side, burning holes in his armor and the tissues contained within.

By the time the slopes of the mountain were a mile off he was sprinting for his life, propelled forwards at dangerous speeds by the wind whilst simultaneously repelled at impossible strengths by walls of pure shadow, all the while scorched by the ever burning fires and being battered by an onslaught of acid rain and collapsing stones.

The reward will be worth it, he thought, more than could possibly be imagined.

This he thought to himself numerous times as he began to ascend the slopes of the mountain, with lava spurting from various points, giving him no warning before it did so. The mountain was constantly in motion, shuddering as though suffering an eternal earthquake of a magnitude strong enough to reduce Metru-Nui to ash. Had he not been the greatest fighter of his time he would not have survived even a minute on the slopes – as it was, his multitude of skills and lightning fast reflexes were not enough to stop the mountain from abusing him repeatedly as he made the climb, not giving him even a second to rest and recover what little strength was left.

He was an arm’s reach away from the summit when it erupted in an explosion of fire and stone, as the mountainside fell through the air and lava carved a river of flames down the slope. As he flipped through the air he managed to grab a handhold on a falling boulder, pushing it away as a means of leverage. As he transitioned to the next piece of rock a burst of fire from the lava below scorched his risk and he dropped the staff with a cry of pain, barely regaining control in time to dodge what looked suspiciously like a spear of rock. Summoning what remaining energy he had left, he pulled out his dagger and began leaping from rock to rock, stumbling into the jumps as the spinning boulders fell into the lava below him until at last he was at the end. With one final, mighty leap the legendary fighter closed the distance between himself and the rim of the volcano, landing upon it with a crunch. He fought for several seconds to find his balance but lost, and with a final push from the winds, toppled backwards. Just in time, he jammed his dagger into a small crevice in the rock face, heaving himself up and using the knife as a jumping platform, grabbing onto the rim with both hands. There he awaited his fate as the rim of the volcano trembled underneath his exhausted body, without even enough strength to pull himself up – and almost not enough to hold on.

That was when it collapsed. The fighter shut his eyes, unable to watch as he plummeted towards his doom. Unexpectedly, something collided with him mid-fall, sending him crashing into the side. He slowly opened his eyes as he collapsed upon some form of a ledge and realized that he was nearly level with the lava – and there it was right in the center, rising up on a pedestal out of the lava like some symbol sent down by a deity.

Finally, his mind thought, struggling to summon enough energy to stand.

“Come… on….”

His voice was hoarse and nearly silent from lack of use as he fought to rouse himself one final time. He began to yell, clenching first one hand, then the other as he forced his body to obey. The reward, so tantalizingly close yet so torturously far, waited in silence upon its mighty pedestal of stone. He slammed a fist into the ground, screaming as he managed to rise first to a kneeling position, then to his feet, leaning against the wall of the cavern, his chest heaving for breath that refused to come. Starved and dying in about nine different ways each, he stumbled towards the stairs that rose up to where his prize awaited him.

So close.

Halfway up the stairs his legs gave out and he collapsed upon the stairwell, struggling to breathe or even move. He desperately reached up with his arms, ever so slowly hauling himself up to the next step. It was there that he began to feel the power radiating from above, washing over his hands like a cool river or a summer breeze. Strength crept back into his arms, as hope dared to flicker back into his dying mind. Giving one last pull, he heaved himself up onto the next step and collapsed again as the waves of pure energy now reached his mask and head, beginning to rejuvenate his oxygen starved brain. His arms, which had flopped uselessly to the ground again, found the strength to pull once more. He climbed in this fashion for several steps, until at last his entire body lay within the sphere of radiating power, strength now flooding back into his limbs. Slowly, he stood to his feet, ignoring the wave of dizziness that struck him as he did so. The fighter began to take the steps on foot, each one stronger than the last until finally, he reached the pedestal – upon which waited the prize.

The Staff of Unlimited Power (though it would not be identified as such for many years), had previously existed only in the oldest, most forgotten of legends and myths - but now, here finally was the proof that it could be found. And he would forever let it be known that he was the one to find it. The mighty fighter clasped the staff and a shockwave of energy blasted out, passing through him and expanding throughout the cavern before transforming into a massive sphere. As he watched, the various injuries and maladies inflicted upon him during the journey healed themselves within seconds. Then, the moment the sphere was completed it rapidly expanded; and then without warning it contracted again in the blink of an eye to less than microscopic in size. When the cavern was no longer illuminated by the blinding light of pure energy, the mighty fighter was gone.

His name, of course, was lost to history – but none ever forgot the title he had chosen for himself, the first one to conquer the slopes of Mt. Power and claim the Staff of Unlimited Power – The Mighty Fighty.

Portalfig set the book down upon the table and glanced up to Voltex, who grinned. “Do I have you convinced?” the other Matoran asked.

He scratched his neck. “Who gave you this?”

“He did,” Voltex said, pointing to the book. “Fighty, I mean… right when he left Bionifight and I took over. He told me he wasn’t sure how long he could stay, and that someday, it might be time for the tale to come out.”

Voltex shifted in his seat, gazing sadly at his empty coffee mug. “So are you in, or will I have to find myself a different partner?”

The correct answer was obviously ‘no’, that much Portalfig knew. The ability to control that much power, to control that many players… it was not something anyone should have.

He shifted, glancing out the window as a shadowy figure flashed by, and frowned. He should say no.

And yet… he could not deny that he was tempted to agree.

“Think about the entertainment value,” Voltex said. “An epic tale of how two mere players in the twisted, never-ending Mafia games managed to seize control and rule over the series until they saw fit to retire.”

Of course that was what Voltex saw it as – he was nothing if not theatrical. As a shadow flickered at the edge of his vision, Portalfig found himself nodding despite the standstill his mind remained at, and heard his mouth forming the words: “you have me convinced. I will join you in this venture.”

---

Voltex snapped back into reality as he slipped further off of the pedestal and closer to a more permanent type of doom than he was used to. Makuta sneered at him, and Voltex knew that the villain had witnessed it as well.

“You will burn, Matoran,” Makuta whispered.

That was when Voltex finally realized what he had been doing his best to fight all along.

He was never going to survive this.

So he gave up.

“Maybe, but I’m not going alone,” he promised.

With one final, mighty heave, Voltex flipped Makuta over the edge – as he had expected, Makuta roared with fury and pulled him down as well, and then they were both plummeting to the lava. Within seconds Makuta had left Portalfig behind; using the Staff as a scooper, Voltex flung his friend higher and then blasted him away to safety. The energies of Makuta gathered into a malicious sphere.

“Oh no you don’t,” Voltex whispered.

Using the power of the Staff he stretched out his hand and sucked the energies of Makuta to him – the cry of rage and fear echoed endlessly around the chamber as Makuta was glued to Voltex’s hand. The lava was growing closer, his doom was racing towards him – Voltex glanced back at the platform.

“BURNMAD!” he screamed.

The Matoran took off and jumped to certain doom at the call – Voltex threw the Staff of Unlimited Power like a lance towards him and Burnmad deftly caught it, using its power to fly higher into the air before speeding towards Voltex.

And now it’s time for one last bow

Like all the olden Hosts

The hour of Tex is over now

He’ll be even less than ghost

Voltex felt the impact of the lava, but he did not feel it burning as he sank down, drowning in liquid fire alongside the one enemy that he could only destroy by destroying himself.

Mind Games, Manipulation, Revenge, Command, Chaos, Dark Secrets, three Cults, a Memory, a Big City, a Boogaloo, a tie, a Pyro, a Floating City, a Brotherhood, a crash landing... lives upon lives in the realm of Mafia flashed before his eyes.

And then he was gone.

Burnmad halted three feet above where Voltex had fallen, stunned into silence. He waited one minute... two minutes... three minutes....

Nothing.

---

“No,” Baltarc whispered, crawling to the edge.

“He’s... they’re both gone,” Lhikevikk said. “Permanent death... he won’t even be a ghost.”

Portalfig stumbled over and fell to his knees between both of them as Burnmad glided back over, Staff of Unlimited Power in hand.

“I couldn’t... I wasn’t fast enough....” Burnmad muttered.

“You’re the Host now,” Baltarc said. “Could... could you start a new game? So that we can all live... and I can survive, technically....”

Burnmad glanced at him and nodded. Holding the Staff high, a glowing orb of white light ascended into the sky, beams of light striking down and reviving every fallen player, teleporting them to the hub center to prepare for a new game.

“See you on the other side,” Baltarc said as he left.

“Nevermore,” Lhikevikk said softly, before he too was gone.

Continued here because it was too long lol

Edited by Freelancer Tex

Keh heh heh...

Nice job, iBrow. That was an extremely entertaining read, and a fitting conclusion to the saga.

Hats off to you and Protal both.

All are not the same

But three shall be as one

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

The Final Hours, Part 2

The sphere disappeared as Burnmad landed beside the still kneeling Portalfig, placing a hand on the other Matoran’s shoulder.

“We know it wasn’t your fault,” he said.

Portalfig remained silent, staring across the lava.

Burnmad sighed. “I... I need to go begin the next game,” he said, as a shining white doorway appeared behind them. “Whenever you’re ready... just... just hop on through.”

The new Host stepped through the doorway and vanished, leaving Portalfig alone in the chamber. After several minutes he stood to his feet, still staring at the spot where Voltex had vanished.

“So,” he said. “I guess I don’t really know where to start. I’m sorry I was never able to tell you about Makuta. I’m sorry that I couldn’t warn you about the sound of darkness. I’m sorry you had to deal with the Sentinels of the darkened skies. I’m sorry about the darkest dawn.”

He rubbed the back of his neck, letting loose another sigh and staring at his feet.

“I guess we’re past the darkest days,” he said. “We beat them, thanks to unity. Thanks to you, I guess. Leading everyone from beyond the grave in Metru-Nui, helping them on Bara-Magna, leading them here to stop Makuta from obtaining the Staff and all that. I don’t know if you can hear me. You probably can’t, but... for what it’s worth, thanks. And I’m sorry.”

There was nothing more to be said. Portalfig turned and walked through the door.

---

It was a line – a line drawn straight down the middle of eternity, never ending. It divided an endless wall of shadow and an endless block of fire.

You impertinent fool, a voice filled with malicious hatred rumbled from the wall of shadow. I am MAKUTA! Did you really believe an obstacle as puny as death would stop me?

Of course not, a voice said calmly from the block of fire. That’s why I used my final moments to become just like you.

We are nothing alike! The first voice snarled. I am shadow! You are fire!

I made my own modifications to the formula, the second voice replied. Everything I needed to stop you again, and again, and again.

You are a fool, the first voice said. You have given up existence itself! You can never return.

And yet here I am, a wall in your way that you can’t ever remove, said the second voice. I will never exist again, that is true. But I think it’s a fair enough trade when I get to make sure that nobody, especially you, will ever come so close to abusing the powers of that Staff again.

It was your plan to control the Staff, the first voice argued. I merely took advantage of it.

I won’t deny that. The second voice replied. I deserve to be here. And so do you. Our hour has run dry – we’re less than ghosts. And the darkest days are gone forever. The Matoran – the Village – emerged victorious on all three accounts...

...I’d say we did a pretty bang up job.

The End.

Excellent game, all. Best one I've played in a long time.

My apologies to Voxumo, who I manipulated, and Lloyd, Pulse, etc. who I continually lied to. Also to Xaeraz who I helped kill, although that actually was planned so w/e.

My code phrase was "the mafia". Since I normally capitalize and punctuate correctly this would enable me to deftly notify the GMs of who I voted for. Unfortunately Ehks figured me out regardless- great job, man.

Edited by Chro

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

I took Toarobot, champion of the Village! Taka Nuvia and Shadowhawk, masters of the darkness! I took Xaeraz, the Master of Blood, and Kranan, ever underestimated! I took Portalfig, the leader of Le-Koro and the leader of Metru-Nui, creator of the Wiki! Makuta roared, his voice raining down like thunder in Voltex’s ears. I am the MAKUTA, and you cannot stop me from taking that Staff! I am DARKNESS! I am DEATH!

I feel so left out. :(

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

Thanks Blade

I tried really hard.

Sorry Onarax, Makuta likes the killers more. Although he also didn't show much love for Chro there.

I guess a couple of notes:

1. Probably the longest Mafia scene ever

2. I did manage to work you in a cool moment, Punished Snake. =P

3. The "Black Rod of Power" I created for the side games, so that we no longer have this silly "two Staffs" nonsense.

4. Ehks went off to host Two For All.

5. The "non-existence" thing is essentially code for my retirement.

6. I intended to have Burnmad play the role he did in this ending every since IX started (a long time)

7. I had another note but I forget what it was so you get this random sentence instead

As Canis walked away, Voltex frowned and shifted a pawn one square up. Makuta chuckled, seizing the bishop that he had left open with his queen – which was consequently stolen by Voltex through his knight.

Still haven't read past this but wat

how does makuta suck so hard for chess as to take queen bait

i don't even

- :burnmad:

BURN POST THE GAME BEFORE I FORGET TO SIGN UP!

-Rahkshi Guurahk
GENERATION 3: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
If I actually tried putting all the stuff I like on here, the sig would burst.

d1O9dXQ.png

(This banner is created by http://www.bzpower.com/board/user/59020-onaku/ )

But I'll probably forget in the morning. :P

NOTHING TO SEE BELOW THIS OTHER THAN ALTO CLARINETS ARE COOL AND I AM BORED =P

Also someone buy me a Sarrusophone. :P

Edited by Rahkshi Guurahk

-Rahkshi Guurahk
GENERATION 3: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
If I actually tried putting all the stuff I like on here, the sig would burst.

d1O9dXQ.png

(This banner is created by http://www.bzpower.com/board/user/59020-onaku/ )