Bzprpg News And Discussion

Friar Tuck

It would not, Lenat is at the edge of the square and away from any of the Daedra. I think it is safe to assume that none of the walls would be in the way.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

My belated reaction to Kini-Nui.

I was completely convinced that Heuani was Tahu until that last paragraph where Makuta was talking about embracing aggression and instinct. And of course the shield thing.

Anyway, I wasn't expecting Heuani's death (or for Reka to be alive, for that matter), though both were very well-executed. I liked how he realized that he deserved to die for what he had done and was okay with it because of that. It'll be interesting to see Reka develop as a character.

Regarding Ga-Koro: Eight highly-trained and angry Skakdi are about to enter the fray. Should be fun.

also i wish baruk were still alive

(For the record, I'm completely okay with Baruk's death; it's just that having him alive right now would be awesome).

Q2TtLEz.png

*sees list of those online*I feel like I'm going to go to sleep tonight, wake up in the middle of the night, check notifications and find ten consecuative posts of drastic importance occuring, then go back to bed and struggle to sleep with that ominous feeling like I need to read and do something.Then I'll wake up and the notifications will be up to, like, 25.

Edited by Voutok S'Tythe (Ray)

Behind this sucky post count, a writer and hardcore RPer lies in wait of a reason to post...

For those who will likely ask when reading some of my non-RP posts: for me, "*shot*' = "I know that what I said was something stupid and I am acknowledging this before people think I'm serious."

Oh yeah, and my current BZPRPG character bio can be found here.

"Why...me? Oh yeah, that's right. I'm weak. I'm of a minority, a minority of people with a common trait: we hear too much. And what we're supposed to hear hurts to hear. When I'm alone in a silent room, I can hear a pebble dropping from a mile away. I can hear a motor boat being started up several yards off the coast. A whisper from outside, I can hear as if they were talking right at me. An explosion in another koro, I hear as if it's just outside. Sounds useful, right?"

"Wrong."

"It's a curse, if you ask me. The same pen dropping inside this aforementioned silent room would ring in my ears. If I stood by the same motor, I'd get a headache. The same whisper would ring in my ear like two metal beams being slammed together in front of my face. The same explosion would render me deaf for years...thank the Spirit I thought of getting me something to dampen the noise, or I'd end up like the rest of my kind..."

~Voutok S'Tythe; unknown date, unknown location

My reaction to Kini Nui:

I thought Heuani was Tahu. Even after Nuju posted that April Fools picture, I thought it might be true. And the sword thing. And then shield? Oh. Kopaka. I never expected that. Heuani's death was totally unexpected, like I thought he was going to fall against the Maru. Well written, Nuju.

Timezones? Or just people staying up late? I find that lots happenes during the wee hours of the morning.

Probably both, actualy.

Behind this sucky post count, a writer and hardcore RPer lies in wait of a reason to post...

For those who will likely ask when reading some of my non-RP posts: for me, "*shot*' = "I know that what I said was something stupid and I am acknowledging this before people think I'm serious."

Oh yeah, and my current BZPRPG character bio can be found here.

"Why...me? Oh yeah, that's right. I'm weak. I'm of a minority, a minority of people with a common trait: we hear too much. And what we're supposed to hear hurts to hear. When I'm alone in a silent room, I can hear a pebble dropping from a mile away. I can hear a motor boat being started up several yards off the coast. A whisper from outside, I can hear as if they were talking right at me. An explosion in another koro, I hear as if it's just outside. Sounds useful, right?"

"Wrong."

"It's a curse, if you ask me. The same pen dropping inside this aforementioned silent room would ring in my ears. If I stood by the same motor, I'd get a headache. The same whisper would ring in my ear like two metal beams being slammed together in front of my face. The same explosion would render me deaf for years...thank the Spirit I thought of getting me something to dampen the noise, or I'd end up like the rest of my kind..."

~Voutok S'Tythe; unknown date, unknown location

Wow, I haven't posted here for a while! Let's see what's new...My thoughts on Kini-Nui:

I always thought that Heuani was Kopaka-I could feel it in my gut. But I was surprised when he showed some compassion and saved Reka... and paid the price for it. I have a feeling we haven't seen the last on her- I wouldn't be surprised if she showed up next year for some reason.

Ah, and the Daedra have been found out as well! My little Matoran guy's probably gonna do something... I doubt he's going to fight, though- he would be a Matoran vs. a whole bunch of Toa. :P

Edited by Toa Xemnas of Crystal

I kinda started suspecting that Heuani might be Kopaka after all when EW posted that OOC disclaimer in Kini (something like "I am not authoritatively saying that Heuani is Tahu, but rather that from the perspective of Stannis they are one and the same"), but I was still leaning towards Tahu until I read that post. Nice job, Nuju.

Unrelated: I really hope that the downsides to Stannis's simple, black-and-white outlook come up next year. EW?

BZPRPG TIME, where you could have one post talk about dinner, and the next about lunch.

Time is beyond relative here.

There's no reason not to put lasers in the palms of planet-sized robots. In fact, if I had my own planet-sized robot, palm lasers would be one of my first upgrades.

BZPRPG Profiles [outdated]

May or may not be back from a multi-year hiatus. We'll see how this works out...

Unrelated: I really hope that the downsides to Stannis's simple, black-and-white outlook come up next year. EW?

I'm not sure what you mean. There are no downsides to the way Stannis sees things at all, he just follows the prophesies he has been gifted with understanding of. He believes that Duty and Destiny are intertwined and that Unity rests in all people, and more importantly he is capable of learning from mistakes and expanding his understanding of things. He's absolutely not on a fixed moral compass and was the only Maru to actively express conscious choice to kill even when everyone else balked at the idea. So, basically, he doesn't have a black-and-white outlook, he just believes everything leads up to something and he is a tool to make it happen, which is true.

I kinda started suspecting that Heuani might be Kopaka after all when EW posted that OOC disclaimer in Kini (something like "I am not authoritatively saying that Heuani is Tahu, but rather that from the perspective of Stannis they are one and the same"), but I was still leaning towards Tahu until I read that post. Nice job, Nuju.

Kopaka and Gali as a couple were a fan-favourite about 6 years ago, so it didn't really surprise. And no, even when we wrote the fight against the shadow-Toa we did not have confirmation if it was really him.

I'm not sure what you mean. There are no downsides to the way Stannis sees things at all, he just follows the prophesies he has been gifted with understanding of. He believes that Duty and Destiny are intertwined and that Unity rests in all people, and more importantly he is capable of learning from mistakes and expanding his understanding of things. He's absolutely not on a fixed moral compass and was the only Maru to actively express conscious choice to kill even when everyone else balked at the idea. So, basically, he doesn't have a black-and-white outlook, he just believes everything leads up to something and he is a tool to make it happen, which is true.

I just think it'll make for an interesting team-dynamic in the future, with the different perspectives of the Maru working together. E.g., Leah is not as big on the course of destiny being set in stone. ^^

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

Well yeah, but that's been a dynamic we've been dealing with for a long time now and it'll just be extrapolation of the matter in the future.

There isn't a lot of time to debate different philosophies when being chased by Makuta's people across an island and then jumping right into his lair.There will be time once things get a bit less stressed for them ^^

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

Anyone who has experience/influence with the Ussalry, could you kindly take control of an NPC Aar is talking to?

everyone hold onto your friend's socks i've got this

*dons armor and shades*

That requires having a friend in the first place.

WIP

Anyone who has experience/influence with the Ussalry, could you kindly take control of an NPC Aar is talking to?

*dons armor and shades*

This post is one of the saddest things I've ever seen in my life. Both because of its sheer melancholy and needless acceptance of lack of a life, and how totally off-topic the resulting budding conversation could have been.

Don't make Tyler sad guys. : ((((((((

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

*dons armor and shades*

This post is one of the saddest things I've ever seen in my life. Both because of its sheer melancholy and needless acceptance of lack of a life, and how totally off-topic the resulting budding conversation could have been.

Don't make Tyler sad guys. : ((((((((

-Tyler

Yeah, sorry. I just couldn't past it up.

On topic, on topic.

WIP

My reaction to Kini-Nui:

Any of you celebrating this because you ship Kopaka X Gali, let me just point out to you that... taking advantage of someone does not a legitimate pairing make.

-Dovydas

Dorian disagrees with you.

He didn't actually, well, force himself on anyone. Or seduce anyone using the power of darkness (trademark)Heuani, if anything, DISCREDITS the Kopaka x Gali pairing.

-Dovydas

The tunnels leading to the other villages are perfectly intact. The Great Mine is flooded, and has been for quite a while in-game. The main square of Onu-Koro has some severe damage.

That pretty much sums up it all.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

My reaction to Kini-Nui:

Any of you celebrating this because you ship Kopaka X Gali, let me just point out to you that... taking advantage of someone does not a legitimate pairing make.

-Dovydas

Dorian disagrees with you.

Whoa, now. Aside from one threat to Tuara in a moment of absolute paranoia-fueled post-Iris desperation, he's never even implied that he'd take advantage of someone.

He's not that sick.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

Further thoughts on Kini, while I can:

This twist actually makes Heuani a lot more relatable for me than if he had been Tahu all along. Even though he truly deserved his end after all he'd done, I still thought "poor Kopaka" by the end of the post. I don't think I even need to explain how much skill it takes to make such a blatantly evil character so relatable - once again, nice work, Nuju.

And yeah, EW, I'll admit "black-and-white" might not be the right term to use there. I was referring to all the clashing views on Destiny held by the various Maru, and how they might be interesting to see once the team has fulfilled its purpose (or not, due to the whole "Oreius is prophesied to betray us" thing which hasn't yet come up in Mangaia). Sorry for the confusion.

BZPRPG TIME, where you could have one post talk about dinner, and the next about lunch.

Time is beyond relative here.

There's no reason not to put lasers in the palms of planet-sized robots. In fact, if I had my own planet-sized robot, palm lasers would be one of my first upgrades.

BZPRPG Profiles [outdated]

May or may not be back from a multi-year hiatus. We'll see how this works out...

The tunnels leading to the other villages are perfectly intact. The Great Mine is flooded, and has been for quite a while in-game. The main square of Onu-Koro has some severe damage. That pretty much sums up it all.

Alright thanks, I made the mistake of trying to go in the Great Mine earlier.